PDA

View Full Version : Giannis is the best player in the world.

RoseCity07
05-18-2019, 08:01 PM
It's really not close at all. I can't believe anyone can suggest KD is on that level with a straight face:lol

Giannis does some shot that no one can do. I've never seena player like it. I saw him do this euro step that was surely going to be a floater but he dunked it:eek:

He's a ****in monster.

Lettuce Diskus

JohnMax
05-18-2019, 08:07 PM
Durant is a bad defender. That's why the Warriors have gotten worse on defense since Harrison Barnes left.

Mr. Jabbar
05-18-2019, 08:08 PM
He is amazing, im not even sure what his ceiling is :bowdown: :bowdown:

AngelEyes
05-18-2019, 08:16 PM
He's by far the most dominant two way player in the game. Giannis is the best player in the game.

Shogon
05-18-2019, 08:17 PM
Stephen Curry is the best player in the world, but Giannis is getting close. If he adds a jumper that is even as consistent as LeBron's, he actually has a shot at going down as the GOAT. That seems like hyperbole, but I mean, he literally has everything else. He has it all... except that. HE HAS IT ALL.

AngelEyes
05-18-2019, 08:18 PM
Stephen Curry is the best player in the world, but Giannis is getting close.

Giannis does much more on the court. He changes games with his offense and defense.

ArbitraryWater
05-18-2019, 08:18 PM
all things considered lebron was still the best this year

would have been very visible these playoffs

shame his team sucked and derailed their momentum though

Bond007
05-18-2019, 08:21 PM
Giannis is fantastic. Love watching him play but you guys so quickly underrating KD. KD is proven in the biggest stage . for now can we say KD is 1A and Giannis is 1B ? to be fare..

AngelEyes
05-18-2019, 08:21 PM

He was not even remotely close to being the best this season. You cannot be completely invisible on defense and have your team miss the playoffs entirely and be considered the best player in the league. He lost a step.

Manny98
05-18-2019, 08:22 PM
Giannis will tell you himself that LeBron is better

I guess Giannis is second though i guess

BigShotBob
05-18-2019, 08:23 PM

AutisticWaters at it again.

There is no metric that suggests that Lebron was even a top 5 player this year, let alone the best.

Giannis
PG13
KD
Curry
Harden

all had better seasons.

Then you add in Jokic, Embiid, and Kawhi and Lebron could free fall to number nine.

AngelEyes
05-18-2019, 08:24 PM
Giannis will tell you himself that LeBron is better

I guess Giannis is second though i guess

I definitely don't think Giannis would say that this season. He's about to win Most Valuable Player and he's led his team to the best record in the league and they're on the brink of the NBA finals. I doubt Giannis believes there is a player in the world greater than him right now.

tontoz
05-18-2019, 08:29 PM
Giannis needs a 4 and 5 who can shoot to be at his best. If he has to play with a 4 or 5 who can't shoot then his effectiveness goes down a lot.

Great player and probably the MVP but i am not ready to say a guy with no jumper is the best player.

ArbitraryWater
05-18-2019, 08:29 PM
He was not even remotely close to being the best this season. You cannot be completely invisible on defense and have your team miss the playoffs entirely and be considered the best player in the league. He lost a step.

dude was a step slower after the time out and still did 27/9/8 on 51%... he had by far the highest peak level and most versatile offensive game.

defensive issues are overblown, mostly shock value gifs.

you can clearly be allowed to miss the playoffs playing for the shitshow lakers which cant beat the knicks, bulls, etc. without you after you just led the team to a win over GSW.

disgraceful

sammichoffate
05-18-2019, 08:57 PM
Giannis needs a 4 and 5 who can shoot to be at his best. If he has to play with a 4 or 5 who can't shoot then his effectiveness goes down a lot.

Great player and probably the MVP but i am not ready to say a guy with no jumper is the best player.There's precedent(Shaq). Giannis definitely has a case as the best player along w/ KD, Kawhi, and Steph.

Walk on Water
05-18-2019, 09:42 PM
I don

tontoz
05-18-2019, 09:44 PM
There's precedent(Shaq). Giannis definitely has a case as the best player along w/ KD, Kawhi, and Steph.

Shaq wasnt a perimeter player so his inability to shoot didnt cause spacing problems. Not really a valid comparison.

It was also a different era. I don't remember centers shooting 3s then. Laimbeer would shoot them occassionally but he was the exception.

I would certainly put Giannis in the mix but i can't put him clearly at the top. If he ever becomes an average 3 pt shooter then it would be an easy call.