PDA

View Full Version : Is Durant low key a cancer?

Uncle Drew
05-19-2019, 02:39 AM
Forget their record without him (which is 30-1 when Curry does play by the way), they are much, much better to watch too. They average more passes per game and the overall joy goes up a level or two. They play like a team. Not to mention that individual performances sky rocket when he is out. Curry actually becomes Curry again and Raymond is playing like it's 2016. It's like they got cured from cancer.

JohnMax
05-19-2019, 02:41 AM
https://i.giphy.com/media/p1chWWGExnuYE/giphy.webp

SpaceJam2
05-19-2019, 02:42 AM
Swapped Barnes for Durant and the Warriors went from 73 to 67 :lol

30-1 w/o him

Yikes

RRR3
05-19-2019, 02:42 AM
Why do you call him Raymond?

SpaceJam2
05-19-2019, 02:43 AM

Because he has small D

dRaymond

Uncle Drew
05-19-2019, 02:43 AM
Habit I picked up from SpursTalk.

Uncle Drew
05-19-2019, 02:47 AM
Durant blew a 3-1 lead and yet the biggest L's in this dudes career are games in which he didn't participate, think about that. :oldlol:

Celtics 1825
05-19-2019, 02:47 AM
Swapped Barnes for Durant and the Warriors went from 73 to 67 :lol

30-1 w/o him

Yikes
To be fair though they did make up for that by going 16-1 in the playoffs.

Walk on Water
05-19-2019, 07:48 AM
KD has become the new drama queen

iamgine
05-19-2019, 07:51 AM
Forget their record without him (which is 30-1 when Curry does play by the way), they are much, much better to watch too. They average more passes per game and the overall joy goes up a level or two. They play like a team. Not to mention that individual performances sky rocket when he is out. Curry actually becomes Curry again and Raymond is playing like it's 2016. It's like they got cured from cancer.
That's until they lose in the finals again.

Durant's more like chemotherapy. He destroys the bad cells, but affect the good cells too.

r0drig0lac
05-19-2019, 07:56 AM
That's until they lose in the finals again.

Durant's more like chemotherapy. He destroys the bad cells, but affect the good cells too.
https://media.giphy.com/media/d3mlE7uhX8KFgEmY/giphy.gif

4pointshot
05-19-2019, 08:32 AM
Swapped Barnes, Bogut and most of the best bench in the NBA for Durant and the Warriors went from 10.8 PD to 11.6.

27-5 w/o him and all the other starters playing.

Fixed that for you.

tpols
05-19-2019, 08:36 AM
why would it be low key?

its been talked about nonstop here.

DMAVS41
05-19-2019, 09:10 AM
Fixed that for you.

Here is what they lost in terms of playoff performance;

Barnes - 31 mpg...shit play. 47% TS and a 92 ortg...while being an afterthought for defenses on one of the greatest teams ever. Losing him was an upgrade in and of itself.

Bogut - 17 mpg...very good play. He was important in my opinion. But he also wasn't playing 40 mpg or something. He was a really good player for like 15 to 20 mpg.

Barbosa - 11 mpg....solid play. Nothing special, but contributed.

That's it...nobody else they lost mattered anymore than any other role players.

Here is what they added the next year in terms of playoff performance;

Durant - 36 mpg...great play. One of the best players ever at his peak.

Zaza - 15 mpg...average play. Actually made a nice impact when on the court and provided some much needed toughness with Bogut gone.

West - 13 mpg...average play. Solid player that brought more toughness and helped the team.

McGee 9 mpg...surprisingly decent play.

So, is there any team in the world that would rather have Barnes/Bogut/Barbosa over Durant/Zaza/West/McGee? No, of course not.

The depth wasn't gutted and they didn't lose anything that mattered.

In fact, at least when it comes to Barnes, they got rid of the guy that cost them the title the previous year.

kurple
05-19-2019, 09:27 AM
It's more like "Is Curry low key GOAT"

Im so nba'd out
05-19-2019, 09:32 AM
nah, he's just a souped up 3 and D guy honestly.Hell of a player though...Coward, but hell of a player

imdaman99
05-19-2019, 12:03 PM
So why did the Warriors recruit him so hard during the regular season as well as when they were playing him in the playoffs?

Oh because they just wanted to disaram their toughest rival. The rest of the Warrior players are cowards themselves.

Overdrive
05-19-2019, 12:15 PM
No, but he simply isn't needed if there's no key matvhup for him(Lebron, Kawhi, Giannis).

Also those guys need 2nd options that can put fouls on eitber Curry or Klay. Without that they're enough even without KD.

Lebron/Kyrie were such a dangerous tandem for GS and KD needed for the 2017 finals. '18? Not so much.

Big164
05-19-2019, 12:25 PM
You might be on to something.

MrFonzworth
05-19-2019, 12:30 PM
No.

He is highkey a cancer.

sammichoffate
05-19-2019, 02:09 PM
Here is what they lost in terms of playoff performance;

Barnes - 31 mpg...shit play. 47% TS and a 92 ortg...while being an afterthought for defenses on one of the greatest teams ever. Losing him was an upgrade in and of itself.

Bogut - 17 mpg...very good play. He was important in my opinion. But he also wasn't playing 40 mpg or something. He was a really good player for like 15 to 20 mpg.

Barbosa - 11 mpg....solid play. Nothing special, but contributed.

That's it...nobody else they lost mattered anymore than any other role players.

Here is what they added the next year in terms of playoff performance;

Durant - 36 mpg...great play. One of the best players ever at his peak.

Zaza - 15 mpg...average play. Actually made a nice impact when on the court and provided some much needed toughness with Bogut gone.

West - 13 mpg...average play. Solid player that brought more toughness and helped the team.

McGee 9 mpg...surprisingly decent play.

So, is there any team in the world that would rather have Barnes/Bogut/Barbosa over Durant/Zaza/West/McGee? No, of course not.

The depth wasn't gutted and they didn't lose anything that mattered.

In fact, at least when it comes to Barnes, they got rid of the guy that cost them the title the previous year.P sure Igoudala and Livingston's production fell off the year after due to age, they also lost Ezeli and Speights.

DMAVS41
05-19-2019, 02:46 PM
P sure Igoudala and Livingston's production fell off the year after due to age, they also lost Ezeli and Speights.

Disagree about Iggy for sure.

Ezeli and Speights both played less than 9 minutes per game in the playoffs in 16. Like I said above...they were just guys...

And, again, rather than trying to over-rate players that didn't move the needle. Why not just address what you are witnessing now and have since then.

The Warriors have won 4 in a row in the playoffs without KD...with no replacement...with actual depth problems. They've won at a 70 win pace without Durant since he joined...

Yea, I feel just fine concluding what I have.

But, like I keep asking, where are all these other teams that win at a 70 win pace when their "best player" gets hurt? I'd love to hear about them...

3ball
05-19-2019, 03:10 PM
If Durant's 4 minutes of ball-dominance is a cancer to the Warriors' ball movement, then what would lebron's 9 minutes be?

The 4 and 9 minutes are their "time of possession" (the amount of time the ball is in their hands each game)

hold this L
05-19-2019, 05:49 PM
Disagree about Iggy for sure.

Ezeli and Speights both played less than 9 minutes per game in the playoffs in 16. Like I said above...they were just guys...

And, again, rather than trying to over-rate players that didn't move the needle. Why not just address what you are witnessing now and have since then.

The Warriors have won 4 in a row in the playoffs without KD...with no replacement...with actual depth problems. They've won at a 70 win pace without Durant since he joined...

Yea, I feel just fine concluding what I have.

But, like I keep asking, where are all these other teams that win at a 70 win pace when their "best player" gets hurt? I'd love to hear about them...
5 games. KD went off in the 3rd when the score was tied.

AirFederer
05-19-2019, 05:56 PM
This

SpaceJam2
05-19-2019, 06:01 PM
If Durant's 4 minutes of ball-dominance is a cancer to the Warriors' ball movement, then what would lebron's 9 minutes be?

The 4 and 9 minutes are their "time of possession" (the amount of time the ball is in their hands each game)

LeBron ... :mad:

WolfGang
05-19-2019, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't say he is a caner. I think since they don't have to face a Lebron superteam in the finals, having KD is pointless. Lebron isn't competing anymore. GS is still the best team in the league without KD.

Also. If KD leaves GS he can kiss his championship aspirations goodbye. GS will beat his ass again.