PDA

View Full Version : Did Kyrie peak in 2016 under GOAT leadership?

SpaceJam2
05-19-2019, 03:37 AM
Kyrie will be in the hall because of GOAT leadership that elevated him. Without Bron he'd be another Kemba Walker.

I'm sure by now even the foreigners streaming this year's playoffs have seen the 2nd round (Boston v Milwaukee) and saw how Kyrie fared on a stacked team without GOAT leadership.

Will we ever see another GOAT leadership peak like we did with 2016 Kyrie?

I keep hearing how people cant succeed under Bron Ball and in the same breathe praise Kyrie for going on a tear under Bron Ball. Which is it?

NBAGOAT
05-19-2019, 03:39 AM
his peak was last year. Good chance at finals appearance if healthy

SpaceJam2
05-19-2019, 03:41 AM

Lol

So he wasn't that good in 2016? Or he was?

NBAGOAT
05-19-2019, 03:44 AM
Lol

So he wasn't that good in 2016? Or he was?

he was very good in 16. Might've been better last year

SpaceJam2
05-19-2019, 03:47 AM
he was very good in 16. Might've been better last year

2018 v 2016 playoff stats please? Regular season? Worse in both? :lol

So he peaked in 2018 and plummeted in 2019?

I thought you were a good poster

ImKobe
05-19-2019, 03:47 AM
Kyrie's always been the same player. All the Cavs had to do was hand him the ball and get the **** out of the way.

SpaceJam2
05-19-2019, 03:48 AM
Kyrie's always been the same player. All the Cavs had to do was hand him the ball and get the **** out of the way.

Hmm yeah...No

Did you watch the BOS v MIL series or nah :lol

LeCola
05-19-2019, 03:56 AM
74368456362th thread about same subject. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

ImKobe
05-19-2019, 03:56 AM
Hmm yeah...No

Did you watch the BOS v MIL series or nah :lol

Yes I did. Irving got all the shots he wanted, he was simply missing them and his teammates were bricking the open 3s he was creating for them.

SpaceJam2
05-19-2019, 04:02 AM
Yes I did. Irving got all the shots he wanted, he was simply missing them and his teammates were bricking the open 3s he was creating for them.

Numbers please?

Close to 2016 or nah

ImKobe
05-19-2019, 04:11 AM
Numbers please?

Close to 2016 or nah

Act like Lebron's never had a bad shooting series :rolleyes:

SpaceJam2
05-19-2019, 04:14 AM

Please?

greymatter
05-19-2019, 04:14 PM
He's the modern day Adrian Dantley of PGs. Can't make his team good enough to make the playoffs as the #1 option. Adds minimal impact when joining a playoff caliber team. Also wouldn't have a single AS berth to his career if not for the changing of the AS game format (no more east vs west) and the fact that he had to compete against John Wall and the likes of Kyle Lowry instead of Curry, CP3, Westbrook, and Lillard.

Being a HOFer isn't nearly as prestigious as it once was. After the Dream Team, the floodgates opened for basically everyone: international players/coaches, women. The basketball HOF isn't treated as an NBA HOF as much as the other professional sports like baseball, football, hockey's HOF are basically MLB/NFL/NHL.

SpaceJam2
05-19-2019, 04:20 PM
He's the modern day Adrian Dantley of PGs. Can't make his team good enough to make the playoffs as the #1 option. Adds minimal impact when joining a playoff caliber team. Also wouldn't have a single AS berth to his career if not for the changing of the AS game format (no more east vs west) and the fact that he had to compete against John Wall and the likes of Kyle Lowry instead of Curry, CP3, Westbrook, and Lillard.

Being a HOFer isn't nearly as prestigious as it once was. After the Dream Team, the floodgates opened for basically everyone: international players/coaches, women. The basketball HOF isn't treated as an NBA HOF as much as the other professional sports like baseball, football, hockey's HOF are basically MLB/NFL/NHL.

:applause: :applause:

bigkingsfan
05-19-2019, 04:23 PM
Kyrie was shit, even the first round.

NBAGOAT
05-19-2019, 04:31 PM

dantley was still like a top 15 player in the league however. I think you're underselling kyrie's playmaking skills too. He's not nearly the black hole dantley was

PeroAntic
05-19-2019, 04:46 PM
Bran stans are so insecure, its pathetic.

greymatter
05-19-2019, 04:57 PM
dantley was still like a top 15 player in the league however. I think you're underselling kyrie's playmaking skills too. He's not nearly the black hole dantley was

His style of play was basically an inferior version of pre-Dantoni Harden. His pre LeReturn seasons in Cleveland was basically just watching him dribble the ball for 20 seconds before shooting.

3ball
05-19-2019, 04:58 PM
Truly elite shooters thrive alongside lebron (Mo, Kyrie), while everyone is reduced (Jamison, Bosh, Love, Wade, Rodney Hood, Rose, Crowder, IT, ****ing everyone)

Unfortunately, lebron's skill restriction to ball-dominance made him so reliant on one kind of player (shooters), that he ceded the best brand of ball, offenses, and teams to others in his era, 3/9

SpaceJam2
05-19-2019, 04:59 PM
Truly elite shooters thrive alongside lebron (Mo, Kyrie), while everyone is reduced (Jamison, Bosh, Love, Wade, Rodney Hood, Rose, Crowder, IT, ****ing everyone)

Unfortunately, lebron's skill restriction to ball-dominance made him so reliant on one kind of player (shooters), that he ceded the best brand of ball, offenses, and teams to others in his era, 3/9

How's your meltdown going

3ball
05-19-2019, 05:16 PM
Im good

Just dropping truth bombs on you guys itt

I have you guys saying your god popovich is a dummy in the other thread.. so I'm doing great.. :oldlol:

Uncle Drew
05-19-2019, 05:23 PM
Midlife crisises are nothing to joke about.

3ball
05-19-2019, 05:24 PM
Anytime you guys start talking like this, it's because you can't respond and know I'm right

And are understandably annoyed by it

Celtics 1825
05-19-2019, 05:26 PM
Yes. Originally I disagreed but at this point I've seen enough. Kyrie can't lead a team.

Uncle Drew
05-19-2019, 05:26 PM
Anytime you guys start talking like this, it's because you can't respond and know I'm right

And are understandably annoyed by it
With every post you make, my joy goes up yet another level. It's funny to see so much damage control coming from one person. What's even worse is that I am 100% certain that you think you are in the right. In reality, you're digging your own grave another feet deeper with every sentence, and it's the most beautiful thing to witness. Please, carry on, knock yourself out.

SpaceJam2
05-19-2019, 05:45 PM

:lol :lol

CTbasketball92
05-19-2019, 11:09 PM
Kyrie was shit, even the first round.

Kyrie's playoff run was ultimately a miserable one for his image, but I think it will lead to some takes like the one posed by this thread. And his first round playoff series was actually sort of evidence of how much he can affect the game if he's not scoring particularly well.

He averaged 22.5/8 on like 55 TS% and they swept the pacers how they were supposed to. The defense on him was tough, just like it was against the bucks, but he just happened to be in a really bad shooting slump.

Against the bucks he shot something like 28% on jumpshots. Looked like he could still get his shots off comfortably, but he missed. That's on him, for sure, but it's not necessarily defining. I'll wait until next year.

He's still a top 15 player, but he's gotta be out of the top 10 discussion like he was for much of this year.

NBASTATMAN
05-19-2019, 11:10 PM
:applause: Kyrie under Lebron is a great player:bowdown:

SpaceJam2
05-20-2019, 02:07 AM
:applause: Kyrie under Lebron is a great player:bowdown:

You know it my dude :cheers:

Night and day with and without Papa James

AintNoSunshine
05-20-2019, 07:43 AM
all I know is he ain't shit without LeBron. Won one playoff series in how many years?

Manny98
05-20-2019, 08:14 AM
:oldlol:

paksat
05-20-2019, 09:40 AM
kyrie peaking had nothing to do with l39ron

why do you think kyrie wanted to get away from him? just like everyone does...

the season before l39ron showed up, I can't see ANY difference between that kyrie and the kyrie with l39ron

now on the celtics, kyrie has gotten slimmer. He used to bully all the guards, pretty much ALL of them. Curry got smoked by him and he's considerably bigger then him.

Now? Kyrie is getting bullied by almost everyone.

So I blame it on 3 things.

1. Vegan diet

2. He's off l39ron's steroid diet ( not certain, but it's certainly possible )

3. l39ron ruined him like he does every player

TheCorporation
05-20-2019, 09:46 AM

the season before l39ron showed up, I can't see ANY difference between that kyrie and the kyrie with l39ron

now on the celtics, kyrie has gotten slimmer. He used to bully all the guards, pretty much ALL of them. Curry got smoked by him and he's considerably bigger then him.

1. Vegan diet

Your meltdowns are glorious. Keep it up cutie pie

paksat
05-20-2019, 11:42 AM
Your meltdowns are glorious. Keep it up cutie pie

lol every time me 3 ball or one of these other bosses own you peasants, this is all you can say

call it whatever you want loser :roll:

TheCorporation
05-20-2019, 11:43 AM
lol every time me 3 ball or one of these other bosses own you peasants, this is all you can say

call it whatever you want loser :roll:

Pakt ass

Melting again

paksat
05-20-2019, 11:45 AM
Pakt ass

Melting again

are you literally ever off this board? I've been to 3 different places in town in just the last hour

It's been what 2 hours? since I made the post before that yet here you are answering with the same retarded shit not even 30 seconds after I reply

life is a "meltdown" for you

TheCorporation
05-20-2019, 11:45 AM
are you literally ever off this board? I've been to 3 different places in town in just the last hour

It's been what 2 hours? since I made the post before that yet here you are answering with the same retarded shit not even 30 seconds after I reply

life is a "meltdown" for you

Meltdown

paksat
05-20-2019, 12:00 PM
Meltdown

Meltdown

SpaceJam2
06-03-2019, 01:06 AM
Kyrie will be in the hall because of GOAT leadership that elevated him. Without Bron he'd be another Kemba Walker.

I'm sure by now even the foreigners streaming this year's playoffs have seen the 2nd round (Boston v Milwaukee) and saw how Kyrie fared on a stacked team without GOAT leadership.

I keep hearing how people cant succeed under Bron Ball and in the same breathe praise Kyrie for going on a tear under Bron Ball. Which is it?

Anyone at all? Any single soul?

SpaceJam2
06-07-2019, 02:57 PM

Anyone?

superduper
06-07-2019, 03:45 PM
2/9 without Kyrie
1/9 without Ray
0/? without collusion

SpaceJam2
06-07-2019, 04:15 PM
2/9 without Kyrie
1/9 without Ray
0/? without collusion

Sure, and 1-9 without Pippen.

2ez
:dancin

Can we get serious now?

bigkingsfan
06-07-2019, 04:16 PM
Sure, and 1-9 without Pippen.

2ez
:dancin

Can we get serious now?
It would actually be 0/0 :eek:

TheCorporation
06-19-2019, 06:13 PM
3ball?

TheCorporation
06-20-2019, 10:23 PM

1. Vegan diet

Wrong

To prove he didn't "need" him. We saw what happened next :lol

Keep up

Then DONT cry when the Lakers get everyone this season. I dont want to hear it

red1
06-20-2019, 10:25 PM
bruh lebron and kyrie is a match made by god himself

when bron bricks three midrange shots in a row and a couple of free-throws he can just pass it to kyrie who has no other skills but is desperately dying to chuck a few shots and score 1on1.

that's an mj/pippen or shaq/kobe level duo. just a perfect fit.

TheCorporation
06-20-2019, 10:27 PM
bruh lebron and kyrie is a match made by god himself

when bron bricks three midrange shots in a row and a couple of free-throws he can just pass it to kyrie who has no other skills but is desperately dying to chuck a few shots and score 1on1.

that's an mj/pippen or shaq/kobe level duo. just a perfect fit.

Dat peak :rockon:

red1
06-20-2019, 10:29 PM
Dat peak :rockon:
and kyrie has a ring as a 1b or 2nd option while he lit up the other team dropping 41 in a CRUCIAL game - kyrie would NEVER sniff a ring situation as the de facto leader of a team. he just isn't good enough.

honestly he still owes lebron HEAVY.

LostCause
06-20-2019, 11:06 PM
Kyrie irrefutably had his best play while in Boston. At least in regards to the regular season. That playoff performance was outright terrible. It was likely just a petulant

TheCorporation
06-21-2019, 02:29 AM
[QUOTE=LostCause]Kyrie irrefutably had his best play while in Boston. At least in regards to the regular season. That playoff performance was outright terrible. It was likely just a petulant

Jingo
06-21-2019, 10:29 AM
Of course he did

SpaceJam2
12-06-2019, 12:12 AM

First bad take I've seen from you, gotta admit you're usually very fair, don't troll, and unbiased.

DoctorP
12-06-2019, 12:18 AM
kyries pretty much the same player

SpaceJam2
02-28-2020, 11:38 PM

Called it