PDA

View Full Version : If I told you LeBron played these Warriors without another all star teammate..

Gus Hemmingway
05-19-2019, 12:56 PM
And with Kevin Love averaging 8ppg on 37%, what would you say the results were?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-19-2019, 01:13 PM
When the Commish is on your side, who needs another all star?

:confusedshrug:

Im so nba'd out
05-19-2019, 01:40 PM
im assuming they called the series after one game?:confusedshrug:

No way anyone could beat the warriors with that as a 3rd option

o wait just checked basketball reference :hammertime:

3ball
05-19-2019, 01:55 PM
I'd be amazed until I saw he had Kyrie Irving on his team

So kyrie and lebron beat curry/klay, which isn't amazing at all

It's especially not amazing considering kyrie closed the series and was an equal scoring partner for lebron (scored more than any 2nd option ever has)

He took defensive attention away from lebron and commanded double-teams - so it wasn't a 1 man show on offense... Otoh, all of mj's rings were 1-man shows on offense (MJ scored 10-20 more than 2nd option and the 2nd option never got doubled or closed)

Bankaii
05-19-2019, 02:04 PM
It's especially not amazing considering kyrie closed the series and was an equal scoring partner for lebron.
I’ve seen you say Kyrie equaled Lebron’s scoring a couple times which isn’t true at all. But since we can apparently just round up PPG whenever we want... lebron scored the same amount of points as MJ during the RS and PO on much better efficiency and more assists:bowdown:

3ball
05-19-2019, 02:10 PM
I’ve seen you say Kyrie equaled Lebron’s scoring a couple times which isn’t true at all. But since we can apparently just round up PPG whenever we want... lebron scored the same amount of points as MJ during the RS and PO on much better efficiency and more assists:bowdown:
Kyrie averaged 27 and lebron 29

Pretty much the same and both guys commanded double-teams, so it wasn't a 1-man show... and kyrie was the closer, so his points are worth more

Otoh, all of mj's rings were 1-man shows on offense - he closed and scored 10-20 more than 2nd option, while commanding ALL the double-teams, etc...

Night and day

tontoz
05-19-2019, 02:16 PM
I'd say you were an idiot, which is obviously true. He's made the AS games 6 times.

The only reason Kyrie didn't make the All-Star team that year is that he missed the start of the season due to injury. He didn't even make his first start until Dec 20 so of course he didn't make the AS Game.

https://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/dumb.jpg (http://s56.photobucket.com/user/tontoz/media/dumb.jpg.html)