PDA

View Full Version : Magic: Pelinka backstabbed me.

LukeWalton
05-20-2019, 11:19 AM
bombshell interview: Magic claims Pelinka back stabbed him, also didn't want me fired

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=41&v=ffERoFUVE8M

FKAri
05-20-2019, 11:49 AM
Lebron's fault.

Xiao Yao You
05-20-2019, 12:14 PM
it's a shitshow! :roll:

Bosnian Sajo
05-20-2019, 12:23 PM
What makes me facepalm the hardest out of everything said was that Jeanie hired him as president KNOWING this was going to be a part time thing for Magic....

Bosnian Sajo
05-20-2019, 12:25 PM
I don't see what Rob did wrong, I completely understand his frustration with the PRESIDENT not being around. It's the other agents calling Magic and warning him about Rob that bothers me...

S'ain looking good, Lakers fam. S'ain Loogood.

Hey Yo
05-20-2019, 12:30 PM
Bill Simmons
‏Verified account
@BillSimmons

Magic actually said on First Take that this Lakers job was a big commitment and he even gave up going to the movies on Sunday nights for it. This is incredible TV.

10:45 AM - 20 May 2019

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/1130484679318970368

:oldlol:

RealSkipBayless
05-20-2019, 12:58 PM
Pelinka was being handed the keys and couldn't just chill.

Had to do dirty shit behind his back like a slimeball. No wonder no team wants to do business with this guy. Unlucky times for the Lakers ahead of us.

GreatHILL
05-20-2019, 01:04 PM
Magic Johnson Accuses Rob Pelinka Of Raping Him

bison
05-20-2019, 01:11 PM
Magic quit and told the media he was happy to get his old life back. So whats the point of bringing this shit up now? :facepalm: we got a new coach who is expected to field press conferences, the draft and free agency coming up, but magic goes on tv to drag the lakers name further in the mud? :facepalm:

GreatHILL
05-20-2019, 01:19 PM
Is that Shaggy P guy any good can he still play?

Uncle Drew
05-20-2019, 01:21 PM
Bill Simmons
‏Verified account
@BillSimmons

I love Magic man, how can one be so incompetent?

jstern
05-20-2019, 01:21 PM
The toxicity is too strong in this organization. And then you add Lebron on top of that.

ArbitraryWater
05-20-2019, 01:40 PM
Love it.

People tried to hold LeBron accountable for all of it, this basically proves he was thrown into a shitty situation and still carried this trash to a 4th seed

ImKobe
05-20-2019, 01:44 PM
Magic quit and told the media he was happy to get his old life back. So whats the point of bringing this shit up now? :facepalm: we got a new coach who is expected to field press conferences, the draft and free agency coming up, but magic goes on tv to drag the lakers name further in the mud? :facepalm:

I'm okay with him going on National TV and clearing the air about what happened. It doesn't really hurt the Lakers in the long term. Pelinka wanted to be the man and Magic bowed out.

Love it.

People tried to hold LeBron accountable for all of it, this basically proves he was thrown into a shitty situation and still carried this trash to a 4th seed

Just stop with the delusions and accept the fact he did a shitty job in the 2nd half of the season. His agency was responsible for the AD talks and the young guys giving up on the season.

ArbitraryWater
05-20-2019, 01:46 PM
Just stop with the delusions and accept the fact he did a shitty job in the 2nd half of the season. His agency was responsible for the AD talks and the young guys giving up on the season.

:lol

thats not even what caused the turmoil

the front office trying to trade the team did

ImKobe
05-20-2019, 01:55 PM
:lol

thats not even what caused the turmoil

the front office trying to trade the team did

Who came out with the "AD wants to the Lakers" story?

Pelicans just jerked us around to leak all the offers as a payback, but it all started with Rich Paul and Klutch.

NBASTATMAN
05-20-2019, 02:00 PM
who gave away KUZMA ?

MAGIC OR PELINKA

CUZ THEY SHOULD BE HIT OVER THE HEAD FOR THAT TRADE :roll:

Dan_Bali
05-20-2019, 02:05 PM
who gave away KUZMA ?

MAGIC OR PELINKA

Kuzma is still at the Lakers, dipsh*t

ArbitraryWater
05-20-2019, 02:05 PM
who gave away KUZMA ?

MAGIC OR PELINKA

wat

ImKobe
05-20-2019, 02:09 PM
who gave away KUZMA ?

MAGIC OR PELINKA

I think you meant Zubac.

He was an expiring but it was a terrible trade at the time for our Playoff hopes.

Meticode
05-20-2019, 02:32 PM
who gave away KUZMA ?

MAGIC OR PELINKA

You should get hit over the head Kuzma Zubac.

DCL
05-20-2019, 02:43 PM
one of the better first take episodes in a long time.

no speculation.

no talking out of asses or beating around the bush.

just straight talk and straight answers.

Real14
05-20-2019, 02:44 PM
The toxicity is too strong in this organization. And then you add Lebron on top of that.
Exactly.

lilteapot
05-20-2019, 02:47 PM
Lakers keep taking Ls :roll: :roll: :roll:

kennethgriffen
05-20-2019, 03:09 PM
why on earth would anyone sign there now with pelinka still running shit

BallsOut
05-20-2019, 03:26 PM
You guys have to remember Pelinka is a Kobe guy through and through. Wouldn't be surprised if it was really Kobe pulling all the strings and sabotaging LeBron in order for him to not win any more rings and thereby not passing him on the all time list.

This is on top of inspiring Kyrie to get out of Cleveland to reduce LeBron's chances at more rings. Love it. Kobe playing chess. LeBron playing checkers.

:lebronamazed:

And1AllDay
05-20-2019, 04:51 PM
Bill Simmons
‏Verified account
@BillSimmons

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Magic had no clue what he was getting himself into

Jasper
05-20-2019, 05:12 PM
Shows Buess is a dysfunctional family , and doesn't trust anyone.

Hope the franchise goes into the toilet , with Boston swirlin' in the bowl.

sd3035
05-20-2019, 05:15 PM
Lebald ruined LA :roll: :roll:

jbryan1984
05-20-2019, 05:22 PM
LOL WOW. What a soap opera in LA.

And1AllDay
05-20-2019, 05:27 PM
Lebald ruined LA :roll: :roll:

You gonna change your KD avy since uhh you know :oldlol: :oldlol:

BallsOut
05-20-2019, 10:27 PM
All NBA free agents should beware of the disfunction within the Lakers organization. There's a lack of try of trust and accountability amongst the front office. Pelinka backstabbed Magic who was a player's person. Then dude tries to save face but you can tell he's what Magic described him to be. Very sketchy character.

BallsOut
05-21-2019, 11:26 AM
why on earth would anyone sign there now with pelinka still running shit

Snakes gonna snake. Wonder if KD is interested??

ErhnamDjinn
05-21-2019, 11:54 AM
Is that Shaggy P guy any good can he still play?
lmao caught that in the interview hahaha , "we let go of Dlo due to the Shaggy P incident hahaha"

Bosnian Sajo
05-21-2019, 12:27 PM
How do people watch that first take interview and come away thinking Pelinka is the problem? It's painfully obvious that Magic is blaming everyone else...he admits to all the **** ups in the franchise as far as free agency and trades are concerned, yet it's Pelinka that is the problem? For WHAT exactly?

Magic said Rob talked behind his back saying Magic wasn't around enough....yet Magic LITERALLY SAID at the beginning of the interview that he told Jeanie he was going to focus on his own businesses before accepting the job, yet he wants to retain ALL the power?

Newsflash to the clueless, did you all know that there was no such thing as a president of basketball operations in LA before Magic?? It was the GM and Vice GM reporting directly to the owners...that's it. And yall expect Magics incompetent ass to be good at his job while not even being around?? He was legitimately NEVER in his office, and yet he wanted to just show up and fire Luke because he felt that was the right move to make. Even after everyone in the meeting disagreed (Magic doesn't own the team, it's not his say over everyone elses...this is corporate america people).

If ANYONE is backstabbing, it's Magic shoving one deep inside Jeanie and the Lakers organization as a whole. He came to first take to trash the team, knowing the effect he has on the media, all the while saying little antidotes like "JEanie is my sister, I love the Lakers, I want them to do well!!".

This dude acts just like the virus inside of him.

BallsOut
05-21-2019, 02:12 PM
How do people watch that first take interview and come away thinking Pelinka is the problem? It's painfully obvious that Magic is blaming everyone else...he admits to all the **** ups in the franchise as far as free agency and trades are concerned, yet it's Pelinka that is the problem? For WHAT exactly?

Magic said Rob talked behind his back saying Magic wasn't around enough....yet Magic LITERALLY SAID at the beginning of the interview that he told Jeanie he was going to focus on his own businesses before accepting the job, yet he wants to retain ALL the power?

Newsflash to the clueless, did you all know that there was no such thing as a president of basketball operations in LA before Magic?? It was the GM and Vice GM reporting directly to the owners...that's it. And yall expect Magics incompetent ass to be good at his job while not even being around?? He was legitimately NEVER in his office, and yet he wanted to just show up and fire Luke because he felt that was the right move to make. Even after everyone in the meeting disagreed (Magic doesn't own the team, it's not his say over everyone elses...this is corporate america people).

If ANYONE is backstabbing, it's Magic shoving one deep inside Jeanie and the Lakers organization as a whole. He came to first take to trash the team, knowing the effect he has on the media, all the while saying little antidotes like "JEanie is my sister, I love the Lakers, I want them to do well!!".

This dude acts just like the virus inside of him.

Pelinka seemed fake during that interview. At one point dude opened and took a sip of a new water bottle rather than continue drinking the one he had opened just 20 minutes ago even though the original bottle was clearly still 99% full. Seemed nervous for some reason.

Also he didn't tell any of his trademark biblical/quran stories before making any points that we're accustomed to. His volatile behavior definitely raises some eyebrows. Even coach Frank Vogel looked nervous as hell next to him when the media asked Rob about his betrayal questions.

red1
05-21-2019, 02:16 PM
I have zero respect for magic and neither should anyone else.

magic's taxes should go up because of the damage to society he's caused by being involved in the birth of this abomination:

https://cdn.popularsuperstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/dm2-205x300.png

Bosnian Sajo
05-21-2019, 02:21 PM
Pelinka seemed fake during that interview. At one point dude opened and took a sip of a new water bottle rather than continue drinking the one he had opened just 20 minutes ago even though the original bottle was clearly still 99% full. Seemed nervous for some reason.

Also he didn't tell any of his trademark biblical/quran stories before making any points that we're accustomed to. His volatile behavior definitely raises some eyebrows. Even coach Frank Vogel looked nervous as hell next to him when the media asked Rob about his betrayal questions.

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about with the water, and I have a rational answer for you. The open bottle was room temp. Us cold water drinkers are SUCKERS for a cold bottle with condensation all over it.

As for biblical verses, I don't recall Pelinka ever doing that. He knows this is a no win situation, Magic has the media in his back pocket. People 100% like Magic more than Rob, so he chose to say some nice things instead of keep this back and forth going. That's the PROFESSIONAL thing to do.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-21-2019, 02:22 PM
Pelinka has a horrible reputation, but he didn't backstab Magic :oldlol:

Magic accepted a job he intended NOT TO PUT 100% effort in. If Jeanie new that beforehand AND still gave him the job? Its on her.

Dude talking about phone calls from people around the league :oldlol: "You better watch out for Pelinka!" "He's no good!" "Pelinka is not to be trusted!"

Yeah no shit. Rob Pelinka asking where Magic was at...is valid. Be there and present. Its your job.

Bosnian Sajo
05-21-2019, 02:23 PM
Magic was ahead of Rob in the pecking order, meaning anything Rob wanted to do had to go through Magic....how the **** was Rob supposed to do his job when Magic never showed up? And everytime he did, he ****ed something up.

SamuraiSWISH
05-21-2019, 02:26 PM
No Magic Popcorn GIF

:facepalm

BallsOut
05-21-2019, 03:23 PM

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about with the water, and I have a rational answer for you. The open bottle was room temp. Us cold water drinkers are SUCKERS for a cold bottle with condensation all over it.

As for biblical verses, I don't recall Pelinka ever doing that. He knows this is a no win situation, Magic has the media in his back pocket. People 100% like Magic more than Rob, so he chose to say some nice things instead of keep this back and forth going. That's the PROFESSIONAL thing to do.

The thing is the original bottle was ice cold. Like literally mostly ice. Why didn't he drink from that one??

You must not have watched any of his prior interviews. Here's one from when they signed KCP in free agency.

BigShotBob
05-21-2019, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=BallsOut]The thing is the original bottle was ice cold. Like literally mostly ice. Why didn't he drink from that one??

You must not have watched any of his prior interviews. Here's one from when they signed KCP in free agency.

Kblaze8855
05-21-2019, 05:47 PM
I didn

SamuraiSWISH
05-21-2019, 07:25 PM
I have zero respect for magic and neither should anyone else.

magic's taxes should go up because of the damage to society he's caused by being involved in the birth of this abomination:

https://cdn.popularsuperstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/dm2-205x300.png
Is that Magic fat flamboyantly gay son? Did he finally get a personal trainer and dietician or something? Lol

bdonovan
05-21-2019, 09:06 PM
Magic was ahead of Rob in the pecking order, meaning anything Rob wanted to do had to go through Magic....how the **** was Rob supposed to do his job when Magic never showed up? And everytime he did, he ****ed something up.

You've stated multiple times on this thread that Magic was never in the office. That may be true or it may not be. Do you have any evidence of this besides hearsay? People are often out of the office because they're going to meetings, traveling related to their work, etc. If you do, happy to take a look at it; I don't have any position on what happened and curious if there's any substance to the claim.

Turbo Slayer
05-21-2019, 09:14 PM
Let's hope Magic doesn't transmit HIV to Pelinka on purpose for being backstabbing him in the back.

:confusedshrug: