PDA

View Full Version : Curry's off ball movement is insane

Bronbron23
05-20-2019, 10:03 PM
I'm not Steph fan but it really is a beautiful thing to watch. Off ball movement is a underrated skill that very few players master or even try to implement in there game. Reggie Miller, rip Hamilton and Ray Allen we're all pretty good also. Mj's off ball movement is rarely talked about but it was up there too. Steph is probably the best I've ever seen though.

RoseCity07
05-20-2019, 10:05 PM
I just saw that play where he ran Lillard around the court the entire play. Things is Lillard recovered but bit on the shot fake. Crazy how a guy can run that hard and still have legs to shoot it.

stalkerforlife
05-20-2019, 10:06 PM
Biggest difference between Curry and say, Lillard...

Both trapped hard on pick and roll.

Both pass out.

Lillard stands still.

Curry runs around and the defense is discombobulated.

tpols
05-20-2019, 10:53 PM
I just saw that play where he ran Lillard around the court the entire play. Things is Lillard recovered but bit on the shot fake. Crazy how a guy can run that hard and still have legs to shoot it.

Yup... saw that one ill have to gif it.

stand still open 3s
-3ball

:lol

Vino24
05-20-2019, 10:54 PM
Curry's off ball movement is better than MJ's ever was

superduper
05-20-2019, 10:57 PM
It's one of his biggest strengths and it's also the main area he gets fouled the most. Held, shoved, etc while running off ball.

Bronbron23
05-20-2019, 11:12 PM
Yeah I said that. Curry has to rely on it alot more also though. Mj could iso with the best of them as well plus his off ball game was dope. Not as good as Steph's but still elite

Shogon
05-20-2019, 11:20 PM
It is insane. And that's why KD's addition or subtraction doesn't make them a tremendously less efficient team.

What I mean by that is... when KD is in... Curry still moves, but he doesn't move as much. Whether that's by design or it's just because that's how KD plays and Steph has adapted, it changes their entire team's offense and engagement level.

FKAri
05-20-2019, 11:26 PM
It is insane. And that's why KD's addition or subtraction doesn't make them a tremendously less efficient team.

What I mean by that is... when KD is in... Curry still moves, but he doesn't move as much. Whether that's by design or it's just because that's how KD plays and Steph has adapted, it changes their entire team's offense and engagement level.
Ya but without KD, Curry wouldn't have been as well rested as he is now.

Shogon
05-20-2019, 11:28 PM
Ya but without KD, Curry wouldn't have been as well rested as he is now.

Probably true.

But then again... their depth would be better, and I don't think the Warriors are going for the regular season wins record ever again regardless.

warriorfan
05-20-2019, 11:32 PM
Op watching his first Golden state game ever tonight :lol

Vino24
05-20-2019, 11:33 PM
Op watching his first game since 2003 tonight :lol
fixed :lol

FKAri
05-20-2019, 11:35 PM
Probably true.

But then again... their depth would be better, and I don't think the Warriors are going for the regular season wins record ever again regardless.
Depth is better for the regular season anyway. They'd rather have the KD insurance plan. Problem is I don't think KD fits their culture. As much as they all want to fit in, KD included, he's just not one of them.

Shogon
05-20-2019, 11:37 PM
Depth is better for the regular season anyway. They'd rather have the KD insurance plan. Problem is I don't think KD fits their culture. As much as they all want to fit in, KD included, he's just not one of them.

Agreed. Good post.

DocSlam
05-20-2019, 11:38 PM
Rip Hamilton and Reggie Miller seemed to never stop moving on the court. Their conditioning was amazing.

warriorfan
05-20-2019, 11:39 PM

It’s because KD has a small p3nis. He can never be a real member of the hung Warriors. And he crys a lot.

andgar923
05-20-2019, 11:42 PM
Not to sound like a stan (which I know I will, because well..I am).

But they were played completely differently.

Curry is allowed to roam around freely much much much more than MJ ever was. MJ was grabbed, bumped, doubled, to get the ball. Curry also benefits from the defense having to focus on other offensive threats. MJ was the main defensive focus with other players only getting a small fraction of the attention. Pip the 2nd option was often left open on purpose because he wasn't a threat.

The Warriors have mutliple threats so not only does Curry get to roam around untouched, the defense can't focus entirely on him.

Not to take credit away from Curry or to say that MJ is better than him. Just that it's not accurate to compare the two equally.

Bronbron23
05-20-2019, 11:47 PM
Op watching his first Golden state game ever tonight :lol
Warriorfan jerking to Steph highlights in his mom's basement still working on his first:facepalm

FKAri
05-20-2019, 11:48 PM
[QUOTE=warriorfan]It