PDA

View Full Version : Bucks championship window about to slam shut.Giannis up for the 250 super duper max

Im so nba'd out
05-23-2019, 04:17 PM
Earning All-NBA for a second consecutive season now has Giannis Antetokounmpo eligible in the summer of 2020 to sign the largest contract in NBA history. The five-year extension starting in 2021-22 would be worth $247.3M and carry a $42.6, $46.0, $49.5, $52.9 and $56.3M cap hit.

If they max out Middleton.They will have the biggest luxury tax hit of all time in a couple years.Even more than GSW if they resign everyone..... but without the rings...in a smaller market....with an owner who has much less money...

In other words...one last year before the door slams shut with giannis taking up half the cap with just his salary.Enjoy these last 2 years of giannis having somewhat decent teammates, because that is about to change

https://media1.tenor.com/images/ad7ce0e1a387d4eea076ae172dee40b5/tenor.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqzJkTatWiQ

theaussieguy
05-23-2019, 04:38 PM
Much better than giving westbrick or liltard a max I suppose

Heavincent
05-23-2019, 04:41 PM
Damn, this year really might be the best chance they get. It

bigkingsfan
05-23-2019, 04:43 PM
Bledsoe four-year, $70 million :roll:

Knicksfever2010
05-23-2019, 04:50 PM
the super-max has really hurt small market teams to compete. Also unless you catch the timeline JUST RIGHT (see Warriors), you're going to have a small window.

Maybe a fix is to have only the max count against your cap and not the extra "super"

tontoz
05-23-2019, 05:19 PM
Bledsoe four-year, $70 million :roll:

That hurts. Bledsoe has been killing their offense in the playoffs. You need shooting around giannis and teams are leaving bledsoe wide open.

He is 2-19 from 3 in the series.

raprap
05-23-2019, 06:05 PM
Cot damn that

RoseCity07
05-23-2019, 06:45 PM
Bledsoe was the worst contract for them: Middleton is actually good. Bucks don

Mask the Embiid
09-10-2020, 04:18 AM
dead man walking!dead man walking here! dead man walking on the green mile

:oldlol:

AlternativeAcc.
09-10-2020, 04:25 AM
Plot twist: the window was never open

Axe
09-10-2020, 04:26 AM
The thing is, they let brogdon walk away after their last season ended.

Penetrator
09-10-2020, 05:33 AM
Super duper max for gianus attapippenko? Lol enjoy the second round exits :oldlol:

DMAVS41
09-10-2020, 08:08 AM
The thing is, they let brogdon walk away after their last season ended.

Yep.

And I hardly ever hear it mentioned. They lost a really good young player for nothing. No trade...just let a key player on a team go while trying to win a title. It was really bad and it hurt the team this year and pretty much kills and roster flexibility they have for improving.

Bledsoe has neutral trade value at best. Middleton isn't getting a better player back in a trade...and neither is Lopez. Everyone else doesn't move the needle enough. I guess they could ship Bledsoe and salary to the Cavs for Love or something. Cavs would probably do that to get off Love's contract.

Penetrator
09-10-2020, 08:18 AM
Bledsoe is awful they'd be lucky to get anything for him

RRR3
09-10-2020, 09:23 AM
Yep.

And I hardly ever hear it mentioned. They lost a really good young player for nothing. No trade...just let a key player on a team go while trying to win a title. It was really bad and it hurt the team this year and pretty much kills and roster flexibility they have for improving.

Bledsoe has neutral trade value at best. Middleton isn't getting a better player back in a trade...and neither is Lopez. Everyone else doesn't move the needle enough. I guess they could ship Bledsoe and salary to the Cavs for Love or something. Cavs would probably do that to get off Love's contract.
I mean Bledsoe has been excellent in the regular season. He’s been shit in the playoffs but lots of teams will take him. He’s redundant with Giannis.

Im so nba'd out
09-10-2020, 01:53 PM
wtf are yall talking about.They didnt let brogdon walk.They traded him to Indiana, all so the multi billionaire owners could save some money :oldlol:

Imagine being a billionaire and penny pinching and yet you get zero of the blame....only the black players get the blame

He was a restricted free agent...

StrongLurk
09-10-2020, 01:56 PM
Bledsoe has always been bad in the playoffs...not someone you can count on.

DMAVS41
09-10-2020, 02:15 PM
I mean Bledsoe has been excellent in the regular season. He’s been shit in the playoffs but lots of teams will take him. He’s redundant with Giannis.

Sure, lots of teams will take him. That isn't the question. He's a decent player on a deal that isn't bad...of course a team will just take him.

The question is...can you get something back that is better in a real way than Bledsoe. I'm open to it, but it isn't easy. Teams looking to cut some salary on overpaid guys likely is what the Bucks are looking at. That is why I thought of Love.

Naero
07-23-2021, 02:30 AM
Already won a title before the contract even effectuated. :pimp:

MrFonzworth
07-23-2021, 04:40 AM
Has OP ever been right about anything?

Im so nba'd out
07-23-2021, 04:50 AM
Door is officially shut now.congrats on winning before it closed. I didnt see that coming. not gonna lie.

Im so nba'd out
07-23-2021, 04:53 AM
Has OP ever been right about anything?

Did you not read the Title....how was i wrong ....and were you vaxxed? cause im very uncomfortable being 1 post away from you

Bronbron23
07-23-2021, 08:54 AM
If they max out Middleton.They will have the biggest luxury tax hit of all time in a couple years.Even more than GSW if they resign everyone..... but without the rings...in a smaller market....with an owner who has much less money...

In other words...one last year before the door slams shut with giannis taking up half the cap with just his salary.Enjoy these last 2 years of giannis having somewhat decent teammates, because that is about to change

Not at all. Other than greek nobody was that special. Middleton and jrue are both overrated offensively. Jrue was actually pretty bad offensively and Middleton was good but not great. Both are very good defensively so that's what we're really talking about here. All greek needs is some good defenders around him that can hit some jump shots at a mediocre to good efficiency. That's not hard to find and usually not that expensive.

FKAri
07-23-2021, 09:43 AM
Not at all. Other than greek nobody was that special. Middleton and jrue are both overrated offensively. Jrue was actually pretty bad offensively and Middleton was good but not great. Both are very good defensively so that's what we're really talking about here. All greek needs is some good defenders around him that can hit some jump shots at a mediocre to good efficiency. That's not hard to find and usually not that expensive.

Modern game is evolving every non star player into a 3 and D guy. It's why it's getting so boring to watch.

Bronbron23
07-23-2021, 09:52 AM
Modern game is evolving every non star player into a 3 and D guy. It's why it's getting so boring to watch.

Yeah i agree with that. Haven't looked at the stats but this finals didn't seem as bad. There were alot of guys using the mid and getting to the hole more it seemed.

Shogon
07-23-2021, 09:57 AM
Heh, I've made threads like these. No doubt about it.

The thing is, none of us should speak confidently on any matters like this.

Fights aren't settled until they're settled. Even if your logic and reasoning is sound, sports/fights are... sports/fights. Outcomes are unknowable, definitively speaking. Anything can happen. The variables are astronomical and impossible to predict with 100% certainty. Let us have open minds.

Bronbron23
07-23-2021, 10:19 AM
Heh, I've made threads like these. No doubt about it.

The thing is, none of us should speak confidently on any matters like this.

Fights aren't settled until they're settled. Even if your logic and reasoning is sound, sports/fights are... sports/fights. Outcomes are unknowable, definitively speaking. Anything can happen. The variables are astronomical and impossible to predict with 100% certainty. Let us have open minds.

Well yeah but what would be the fun in that. You could never predict anything by this logic

Shogon
07-23-2021, 10:22 AM
Well yeah but what would be the fun in that. You could never predict anything by this logic

You can still predict things without being such a smugly confident in how assured you are that something is "never" going to happen.

Speak in probabilities rather than absolutes.

dreamshake
07-23-2021, 07:05 PM

:lebronamazed:

Bronbron23
07-23-2021, 07:10 PM
You can still predict things without being such a smugly confident in how assured you are that something is "never" going to happen.

Speak in probabilities rather than absolutes.

Nothing wrong with doing either. If you believe something strong enough say it with your chest. If your not confident about it use Probabilities. It's not that serious dude. It's just sports.

Jasper
07-23-2021, 07:34 PM

ahhh ... lets enjoy the moment for like 3 months and then start talking about 'what if's "