PDA

View Full Version : Giannis is the most manufactured star of all time

highwhey
05-23-2019, 09:02 PM
no jumper, no outside shot. airballs his free throws.

but the nba has decided to make him the poster boy so he'll get superstar calls like no other.

you can already see some highly suspect calls in the 1st quarter.

travels and bulldozes his way into the paint and get's an and1 :facepalm

FKAri
05-23-2019, 09:03 PM
Do I have to delete this thread too?

!@#$%Vectors!@#
05-23-2019, 09:05 PM
Do I have to delete this thread too?

You a mod now too bro?:biggums:

Velocirap31
05-23-2019, 09:10 PM
Whoa. Deja vu.

Kingwillball
05-23-2019, 10:22 PM
Watching him makes u appreciate how good Lebron really is...

stalkerforlife
05-23-2019, 10:24 PM
Bran.

Spurs m8
05-23-2019, 10:25 PM
OP literally described LeRoid hahahahahaah

Kingwillball
05-23-2019, 10:30 PM
Kawai is easily a better overall player. He is a top 3 player in league.

E_Stamkos
05-23-2019, 10:39 PM
You a mod now too bro?:biggums:

He damn well should be.

Man of the people that one.

Chuckbe
05-23-2019, 10:42 PM
Watching him makes u appreciate how good Lebron really is...

But LeBron wasn't as good at the same age tho

AussieSteve
05-23-2019, 10:52 PM
But LeBron wasn't as good at the same age tho

At the same age lebron was easily the best player in the world. He won MVP in a landslide, winning 109 out of a possible 121 first place MVP votes, and was runner up in DPOY.

BigKobeFan
05-23-2019, 11:01 PM
Bran

Artillery
05-23-2019, 11:04 PM
All athleticism, no skill. Dwight 2.0

Gonna laugh when they give this choke artist the MVP

I.R.Beast
05-24-2019, 12:18 AM
travels and bulldozes his way into the paint and get's an and1 :facepalm
The refs killed my Celtics with this number here..if our bricks weren't bad enough they continuously gave Greek Freak bs FTs.

superduper
05-24-2019, 12:19 AM
He basically plays Bran ball. Players with no skill will never prevail.

Kblaze8855
05-24-2019, 05:42 AM
If you could manufacture a player of his caliber there wouldnt be big market doormats looking for them and coming up short for decades at a time.....

highwhey
05-24-2019, 12:31 PM
If you could manufacture a player of his caliber there wouldn't be big market doormats looking for them and coming up short for decades at a time.....
not saying he's a scrub. defensively he's great, offensively tho, he isn't very polished. he relies on his euro step and bullying his way to the basket.

that sh1t would not work in the playoffs as good as it has if it weren't for the refs rewarding him. did you watch the game last night? it was much worse with the refs giving him calls when he was clearly pummeling into defenders outside the restricted area. it's not always that bad, but the refs clearly give him calls in the paint when they shouldn't. that's the manufactured part. it's not like they made him into a mvp, but he sure as hell should not be rewarded for fouling people.

he's like a bowling ball going full speed and all of the defenders that get in his way are pins that fall to the ground, yet he gets the and1 call :biggums:

tontoz
05-24-2019, 12:41 PM
If your star player is limited and cant shoot then you need to surround him with shooters. Bledsoe is shooting 4-26 from 3 in the series.

Giannis is a legit star, but a limited and inexperienced one.

Down through history not many guys go from repeated first round exits to the Finals in one year. Typically there is a progression.

highwhey
05-24-2019, 01:21 PM
If your star player is limited and cant shoot then you need to surround him with shooters. Bledsoe is shooting 4-26 from 3 in the series.

Giannis is a legit star, but a limited and inexperienced one.

Down through history not many guys go from repeated first round exits to the Finals in one year. Typically there is a progression.
he's a star, but the NBA is really aiding him with bs calls. every superstar has their share of bs calls, but they're usually questionable bc of some contact (i.e light contact against curry, ok, there was contact but not enough to warrant a foul if it were a non-superstar). giannis tho...geeze, it's unprecedented. never seen anyone get so mnay bs calls. i guess harden but harden is just abusing the landing zone of the 3pt thing so technically he's just gaming the system. giannis is just powering his way and fouling people while getting calls in his favour.

i'm not saying if steven adams decided to pummel opponents and drive to the basket he'd be a superstar or even a star, but he'd sure as hell would get more ppg while getting opponents in foul trouble if he got the same treatment as giannis. adams can't even euro step. but you get what i'm saying.