PDA

View Full Version : Where Will You Rank Curry If He Wins This Year's Finals MVP?

Naero
05-24-2019, 12:06 AM
He has two regular-season MVPs, three leaderly rings, 5-6 elite seasons, a scoring title, and nearly the gamut of three-point records; the only major incompletion on that resume is a Finals MVP, which will most likely be awarded to someone on his title-favored team this year.

It's been easy to detract his championship impact with fellow former MVP Kevin Durant on his team, but Curry's certainly militated against that narrative with his BITW-level Western Conference Finals while the latter sat on the sidelines; if he does so for one more round, he'll likely win his first Finals MVP. There's no guarantee that he'll win it

aj1987
05-24-2019, 12:09 AM
Hard to put him out of the top 15 with 4 rings, 2 MVP's, and 1 FMVP. That's basically Brickbe's resume.

SpaceJam2
05-24-2019, 12:12 AM
Hard to put him out of the top 15 with 4 rings, 2 MVP's, and 1 FMVP. That's basically Brickbe's resume.

13 be :eek: :eek:

SouBeachTalents
05-24-2019, 12:12 AM
Definitely top 20, in strong consideration for top 15. This is a HUGE series for Curry

Real14
05-24-2019, 12:13 AM
Top 10 for sure.

FKAri
05-24-2019, 12:14 AM
He has to win it this year. Right? Adam Silver even put a hit out on KD and Kawhi's legs to give him a clear shot.

Shogon
05-24-2019, 12:21 AM
If he does it without Durant, he's top 20, bordering on top 15.

If he does it with Durant, I'll concede top 25.

Curry's all time ranking would likely be much higher if he never agreed for Durant to come on board. For shame, really.

He still has time to go down as top 15 and top 10 if he really pours on the winning with a Durant departure.

Cold soul
05-24-2019, 12:21 AM
Top 20-25 sounds about right.

NBASTATMAN
05-24-2019, 12:24 AM
If Curry wins title and MVP than he is top 10 NO DOUBT.. Anyone who disagrees is a hater..

3ball SAYS Klay isnt even as good as Hornacek and Curry is beating up on everybody with Klay as his second option..

I may rate him higher than top 10.. 4 TITLES, 2 MVPs and 1 Finals MVP would be one of the best resumes ever......

And1AllDay
05-24-2019, 12:25 AM
If Curry wins title and MVP than he is top 10 NO DOUBT.. Anyone who disagrees is a hater..

3ball SAYS Klay isnt even as good as Hornacek and Curry is beating up on everybody with Klay as his second option..

I may rate him higher than top 10.. 4 TITLES, 2 MVPs and 1 Finals MVP would be one of the best resumes ever......

If Klay scores 10 ppg as the #2 option they I will put Klay under Hornacek

warriorfan
05-24-2019, 12:26 AM
Chef Ding with the huge Thing

And1AllDay
05-24-2019, 12:27 AM
Chef Ding with the huge Thing

Baby dick assassin :rockon: :rockon:

warriorfan
05-24-2019, 12:28 AM
Baby dick assassin :rockon: :rockon:

Maybe a baby horse

aj1987
05-24-2019, 12:29 AM
Top 20-25 sounds about right.
You think 4 titles, 2 MVP's (one being unanimous), and a FMVP is 20-25? Name 20 players with a better career than Curry.

red1
05-24-2019, 12:30 AM
he's just a finals MVP or two away from separating himself from a lot of other players, as far as the resume goes.

I think he'll get it this year. kd will miss some of the finals and steph is already in rhythm feeling good after the end of the houston series.

INDI
05-24-2019, 12:58 AM
I got him too 15 right now. If he wins another I would have him somewhere between 9-12

BigKobeFan
05-24-2019, 01:05 AM
Ahead of bran

Big164
05-24-2019, 01:09 AM
Top 5

#4 to be exact.

SamuraiSWISH
05-24-2019, 01:11 AM
Top 20. Best PG ever ahead of Isiah. If you consider Magic a PG, then 2nd best PG ever. Unbelievable level of dominance if he continues to perform like this. And I’d love to see him do it sans KD’s bitch ass. Much more likable and fun team to root for without Katie.

TheMan
05-24-2019, 03:26 AM
He wins a FMVP this year and he surpasses that 6 Finals loser...

TheMan
05-24-2019, 03:29 AM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Top 20. Best PG ever ahead of Isiah. If you consider Magic a PG, then 2nd best PG ever. Unbelievable level of dominance if he continues to perform like this. And I

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-24-2019, 03:31 AM
:biggums:

he never defended guards. Was always on forwards defensively but on offense he was a PG or maybe even point forward. The man is 6'9 220.......

He wasnt really a fulltime authentic PG on both ends

Naero
05-24-2019, 01:07 PM
I'll need more time (and obviously this revelative Finals) to mull over precisely where I'd rank him, but it'd definitely be within top twenty and likely on the top-fifteen cusp.

With a Finals MVP, my only immediate reservation for top fifteen would be his inextensive longevity; after all, it's easy to forget he's a late bloomer, whose career still comprises of nearly as many pedestrian seasons as elite ones, compared to most of that echelon. It's the only unfulfilled dimension of his legacy at this time; otherwise, he has most of the needed accolades, in addition to the most revolutionary impact on our generation.

Winning a Finals MVP will easily shatter the glass ceiling to eventually enter the top fifteen—if not top ten—once he's accumulated enough elite seasons, and it'll immortalize his impact on this Warriors dynasty that many will find easy to impugn, otherwise, until he dominates the biggest stage. He'll only need 2-3 more BITW-level seasons for satisfactory longevity in my books, and there's no reason he can't outspan that with his self-preservative playstyle.

Celtics 1825
05-24-2019, 03:17 PM
Right now I have him around 17-18. If he wins FMVP he's top 15 lock for sure.

Stephonit
05-24-2019, 05:05 PM
FMVPs don't mean that much for Curry. The award is simply a stand-in for play in the finals. Watching the finals the three times the Warriors won and one sees Curry played at a high level each of those years. Curry is top ten for me if he contributes to winning the championship this year.

tontoz
05-24-2019, 05:10 PM
Steph is 30. He has some prime years left. I don't think there is any point in trying to give him an all time ranking now. Shooters historically age pretty well.

I also think the FMVP thing is overblown. Does anyone seriously think that someone else is their best player since KD went down?

Stephonit
05-24-2019, 05:14 PM
Steph is 30. He has some prime years left. I don't think there is any point in trying to give him an all time ranking now. Shooters historically age pretty well.

I also think the FMVP thing is overblown. Does anyone seriously think that someone else is their best player since KD went down?

I've said this before but I want Draymond to get one and Klay to get one before Steph does.

Jasper
05-24-2019, 05:47 PM
He is a hero baller , and I have never put much merit in that type of player.

He does slash , but pass is 4th option for him , and he gets long rebounds...
Style of the Warriors , he created.

I put him at 15-20 cause of the rings , but even championship finals he has not been anything other than hero baller.

hold this L
05-24-2019, 05:53 PM
Top 10.

Hey Yo
05-24-2019, 05:57 PM
You think 4 titles, 2 MVP's (one being unanimous), and a FMVP is 20-25? Name 20 players with a better career than Curry.
Technically..... the 2015 title is the only title he led GS from beginning of the season to the end. KD has done a lot of the heavy lifting throughout the whole season the last 3yrs.

Steph had played well since KD went down, but he hasnt nearly used enough energy he would need to use if KD wasn't on the team. Especially when compared to some other past greats.

Celtics 1825
05-24-2019, 06:01 PM

He's actually 31 but yeah he's still got quite a few prime years left provided he can stay healthy. With his game he can be a top player in the league for at least another 3-4 years.

Hey Yo
05-24-2019, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Top 20. Best PG ever ahead of Isiah. If you consider Magic a PG, then 2nd best PG ever. Unbelievable level of dominance if he continues to perform like this. And I

Heavincent
05-25-2019, 01:55 AM
The voters have it out for Curry. He could average 50 and JVG still wouldn

paksat
05-25-2019, 01:57 AM
him
KD

and dray all pull ahead of L39ron james

SamuraiSWISH
05-25-2019, 08:15 AM
he never defended guards. Was always on forwards defensively but on offense he was a PG or maybe even point forward. The man is 6'9 220.......

He wasnt really a fulltime authentic PG on both ends
Bingo.

Someone who gets it. Position is more about what you defend than how you play offensively IMO

G. Hill was a point forward ... no one calls him a PG. same thing for LeBron.

LostCause
05-25-2019, 09:24 AM
[QUOTE=Heavincent]The voters have it out for Curry. He could average 50 and JVG still wouldn

DMAVS41
05-25-2019, 09:46 AM
Technically..... the 2015 title is the only title he led GS from beginning of the season to the end. KD has done a lot of the heavy lifting throughout the whole season the last 3yrs.

Steph had played well since KD went down, but he hasnt nearly used enough energy he would need to use if KD wasn't on the team. Especially when compared to some other past greats.

Meh...you can't punish Curry for that. That is how the Warriors had to play in order to win with Durant. He wasn't capable of seamlessly integrating himself while allowing Curry/Dray to play at their optimal levels. This is just a fact now...

Can't punish Steph when the Warriors likely have just as much success if they added two quality rotation players at the forward spot instead of Durant when the discussion here is what happens with Steph if he wins a ring / fmvp this year.

I mean...all the Durant "heavy lifting" nonsense dies forever officially if that were to happen. It should already be dead, but nobody would ever be able to even hint at it if Curry leads this team to another title in a couple weeks.

tpols
05-25-2019, 10:07 AM
Totally irrelevant.

He already has 3, 4* superstar titles if were really being fair, and is the engine behind one of the greatest dynasties of all time.

Hes top 5-10 GOAT end of his career no matter what.

LostCause
05-25-2019, 10:10 AM
Totally irrelevant.

He already has 3, 4* superstar titles if were really being fair, and is the engine behind one of the greatest dynasties of all time.

Hes top 5-10 GOAT end of his career no matter what.

Barring injury yeah

What he

Hey Yo
05-25-2019, 10:10 AM
Meh...you can't punish Curry for that. That is how the Warriors had to play in order to win with Durant. He wasn't capable of seamlessly integrating himself while allowing Curry/Dray to play at their optimal levels. This is just a fact now...
None of that matters. If you want to be recognized as the head honcho, then you're supposed to be the straw that stirs the drink the entire season. No questions should arise about who's the leader or who's the better play. In Curry's case he's not been the teams clear cut best player (doing the majority of the work) on offense for the last 3yrs.

Can't punish Steph when the Warriors likely have just as much success if they added two quality rotation players at the forward spot instead of Durant when the discussion here is what happens with Steph if he wins a ring / fmvp this year.
Sure you can. If they didn't have KD, then Steph would be the one expected to do the heavy lifting / lead the team in scoring just like he did in 2015. He's had the luxury of not needing to do that and not using the energy he normally would with KD doing a lot of that heavy lifting.

I mean...all the Durant "heavy lifting" nonsense dies forever officially if that were to happen. It should already be dead, but nobody would ever be able to even hint at it if Curry leads this team to another title in a couple weeks.
:oldlol: Yeah.... total non-sense from what we've seen from KD the last 3yrs

It wouldn't be dead until he can show he can lead the team from beginning to end of the season just like he did in 2015 and 2016. Stepping in to be first option during the WCF and then go onto leading GS to an championship would mean just that, he stepped in at the end of the season. He wasn't "the guy" for the entire season.

Stephonit
05-25-2019, 12:26 PM
None of that matters. If you want to be recognized as the head honcho, then you're supposed to be the straw that stirs the drink the entire season. No questions should arise about who's the leader or who's the better play. In Curry's case he's not been the teams clear cut best player (doing the majority of the work) on offense for the last 3yrs.

Sure you can. If they didn't have KD, then Steph would be the one expected to do the heavy lifting / lead the team in scoring just like he did in 2015. He's had the luxury of not needing to do that and not using the energy he normally would with KD doing a lot of that heavy lifting.

It wouldn't be dead until he can show he can lead the team from beginning to end of the season just like he did in 2015 and 2016. Stepping in to be first option during the WCF and then go onto leading GS to an championship would mean just that, he stepped in at the end of the season. He wasn't "the guy" for the entire season.

You are wondering if Steph is the straw that stirs the Warriors drink? Clearly you don't watch the Warriors. Compare the Warriors record with Steph on and KD off and you would not bring this up. I'm pretty sure Steph was the team's leading scorer in 2017 and this year. 2018 was the only year KD could be said to have done the most because of Steph's injury.

bdonovan
05-25-2019, 12:37 PM
I refuse to vote because it is impacted too much by recent events.

This is how it always goes. Curry is overshadowed by Durant's ISO magic and people forget about him; they practically consider him a 'role' player, a 3 pt shooter only, and a subpar defender. But Durant is supposedly 'the greatest ever'......

Then. When Durant gets injured and GSW thrives (which I predicted), and Curry is again posting the highest numbers on the best team, people suddenly start talking 'best ever' again.

These things are best evaluated off-season after the madness dies down and people aren't so influenced by recent events.

(Take people's views here; and now imagine Durant comes back, ball-hogs his way to 50 pts a game-- will people be saying the same thing about Curry? )

LBJFTW
05-25-2019, 12:38 PM
Curry has only lost in the finals when his team was injured or suspended. He many not always have the numbers but you pretty much have to add 5/5/5 to his finals series stat average just because of his presence alone making things possible that cannot be accounted for on paper. The best thing about his career is that it’s organic. He became great and everyone wanted to play with him on his team.

warriorfan
05-25-2019, 12:59 PM
You are wondering if Steph is the straw that stirs the Warriors drink? Clearly you don't watch the Warriors. Compare the Warriors record with Steph on and KD off and you would not bring this up. I'm pretty sure Steph was the team's leading scorer in 2017 and this year. 2018 was the only year KD could be said to have done the most because of Steph's injury.

He

Doranku
05-25-2019, 01:02 PM
Top ~15 at least. Context matters, and anyone with an ounce of basketball intelligence knows that Curry was the real FMVP in 2015.

Every person who voted that year should never be allowed to vote for FMVP again. Absolutely clueless media personnel.

LBJFTW
05-25-2019, 01:08 PM
If Curry wins without KD, will it be the first time in history that a team won without the clear cut best player in the league as their teammate?

SouBeachTalents
05-25-2019, 01:32 PM
If Curry wins without KD, will it be the first time in history that a team won without the clear cut best player in the league as their teammate?
You could definitely argue Durant

ArbitraryWater
05-25-2019, 01:40 PM
very, very high

i dont like kd and dont want him to play much but there'd be something sadistic about gsw trailing 0-2, kd comes back and snatches FMVP

curry would tell him post-game to leave

Stephonit
05-25-2019, 01:45 PM
i dont like kd and dont want him to play much but there'd be something sadistic about gsw trailing 0-2, kd comes back and snatches FMVP

In that situation with the Warriors trailing and then winning with KD coming back, if KD plays well then him winning FMVP would seem to be perfectly defensible.

What wouldn't be defensible is if he comes back with the Warriors up 2-0 and yet KD still wins the FMVP, barring a game 7 being required because his teammates meltdown and later heroics on his part.

ArbitraryWater
05-25-2019, 01:47 PM
In that situation with the Warriors trailing and then winning with KD coming back, if KD plays well then him winning FMVP would seem to be perfectly defensible.

What wouldn't be defensible is if he comes back with the Warriors up 2-0 and yet KD still wins the FMVP, barring a game 7 being required because his teammates meltdown and later heroics on his part.

of course

there's no way he'd get fmvp in that instance

PickernRoller
05-25-2019, 03:20 PM
Top 15 above Lebron looking towards top 10 if he wins a 5th ring.

DMAVS41
05-25-2019, 08:32 PM

Could you explain why you are questioning the guy that led his team to 67 wins, a title, and then set the wins record the next year...spanked Durant en route to being a couple bounces of the ball way from another title?

Why are we questioning him and not the guy that never won shit on his own with a loaded roster and piggybacked onto a dynasty?

I'll never understand why we should question the proven player that has now led his team to 30-1 with the supposed "best player" that is carrying the team.

Come back to reality please...

You make it sound like Curry hasn't already had a historic career. Sorry if you don't like it, but he has. In fact, he could never win again and with decent longevity go down in the top 20 all time.

He's been that good and accomplished that much.

SamuraiSWISH
05-25-2019, 08:51 PM
Could you explain why you are questioning the guy that led his team to 67 wins, a title, and then set the wins record the next year...spanked Durant en route to being a couple bounces of the ball way from another title?

Why are we questioning him and not the guy that never won shit on his own with a loaded roster and piggybacked onto a dynasty?

I'll never understand why we should question the proven player that has now led his team to 30-1 with the supposed "best player" that is carrying the team.

Come back to reality please...

You make it sound like Curry hasn't already had a historic career. Sorry if you don't like it, but he has. In fact, he could never win again and with decent longevity go down in the top 20 all time.

He's been that good and accomplished that much.
Not that I

DMAVS41
05-26-2019, 08:25 AM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Not that I

Objectivity
05-26-2019, 08:26 AM
He is already in my top 10...

Naero
05-26-2019, 07:38 PM
To everyone downplaying Finals MVPs: the award does matter considerably; it wouldn't be treated as one of the noteworthiest accolades

NBAGOAT
05-26-2019, 07:48 PM
I

ClipperRevival
05-26-2019, 10:26 PM
Last time I checked, dude still doesn't have a FMVP to his name.

Also, last time I checked, he still hasn't won a chip this year.

Anyone can talk. Just move your mouth. It's about action fellas. Let's see what he does this finals. I am not sold on this dude yet at the highest level.

He's gotta show me. Until then, he's a fringe top 30 guy to me.

ClipperRevival
05-26-2019, 10:39 PM
Oh, I missed the question. If he wins FMVP this year in convincing fashion, I would put him at worst top 20, possibly top 15. You can make arguments he should've won in 2015 and last year too. He's special for sure. Just didn't have the raw athleticism to impose his will on the game, which is NOT his fault. His gravity on the court is GOAT level for sure.

aj1987
06-03-2019, 01:35 AM

Who cares? The point is, this team can still win a title without KD and Curry is the best player on this team. One more ring and and FMVP and he's top 15 without question. 2x MVP, 4 titles, and 1 FMVP is a borderline top 10 resume.

Mr.GOAT2408
06-03-2019, 02:47 AM
Top 15-20 for sure

Stephonit
06-03-2019, 06:57 AM
[QUOTE=Naero]To everyone downplaying Finals MVPs: the award does matter considerably; it wouldn't be treated as one of the noteworthiest accolades

ILLsmak
06-03-2019, 07:44 AM
Curry is a low key finals underperformer. He still should have won v iggy, but I'd rank him higher obv because it would mean he finally showed up for a whole series without having a stacked team.

I'm cool with him being top 50 for sure. I'm not sure exactly where he falls but he definitely makes that. I dono if if top 30, top 25. A lot of beasty players in nba history. And you got like 10-15 lock guys.

Edit @ steph. Haha that's true if they give it out arbitrarily but if you're the clear cut best player like kd was the last two years. Or Shaq was etc. Bron. Then it matters. It matters less on like big 3 cs or 2004 pistons cuz any one could have won it. If you're the only dude who can win it, that means it's important.

-Smak

Jasper
06-03-2019, 07:53 AM
Game 2 33% shooting earns an FMVP :confusedshrug:

Gileraracer
06-03-2019, 08:58 AM

And already one more rings than "the chosen one" :eek: :lol

aj1987
06-03-2019, 04:00 PM
And already one more rings than "the chosen one" :eek: :lol
Not everyone has Pippen to carry them to rings, Gileraretard. :cheers:

tontoz
06-03-2019, 04:26 PM
Game 2 33% shooting earns an FMVP :confusedshrug:

You might want to join the current era. Curry's TS was 55%, not great but not horrible either while playing sick.

FG% is a badly outdated stat.

SouBeachTalents
06-03-2019, 04:50 PM
The Finals MVP is not important because there is almost nothing about it that has value in and of itself. It's simply the opinion of 11 media pundits whose options have already been winnowed down for them by the process that actually does matter. In practice to win the award you have to be on the winning team. That's 99% of the award right there. A ring is basically equivalent to an FMVP except that the FMVP is a tacked on after the fact opinion. It has less value than an endorsement from a newspaper in comparison to actually winning an election. The media created the award to make themselves important but there is no reason to value their opinion more than one's own if you watched the games. People who value the award highly show they don't have the ability to think for themselves.
:roll: What a laughable post. Yeah, it's only a coincidence the players considered top 10 of all time ALL have 2 or more FMVP's :lol It's not perfect, but FMVP gets it right most of the time, at worst 7/10. And since the 90's it's been accurate all but a handful of times

Curry is a low key finals underperformer. He still should have won v iggy, but I'd rank him higher obv because it would mean he finally showed up for a whole series without having a stacked team.

I'm cool with him being top 50 for sure. I'm not sure exactly where he falls but he definitely makes that. I dono if if top 30, top 25. A lot of beasty players in nba history. And you got like 10-15 lock guys.

Edit @ steph. Haha that's true if they give it out arbitrarily but if you're the clear cut best player like kd was the last two years. Or Shaq was etc. Bron. Then it matters. It matters less on like big 3 cs or 2004 pistons cuz any one could have won it. If you're the only dude who can win it, that means it's important.

-Smak
:biggums: You don't know if Curry's top 30 :lol

You might want to join the current era. Curry's TS was 55%, not great but not horrible either while playing sick.

FG% is a badly outdated stat.
ESPECIALLY when it comes to Curry, who shoots so many 3's

aj1987
06-03-2019, 04:56 PM
:roll: What a laughable post. Yeah, it's only a coincidence the players considered top 10 of all time ALL have 2 or more FMVP's :lol It's not perfect, but FMVP gets it right most of the time, at worst 7/10. And since the 90's it's been accurate all but a handful of times

Literally the only people who think that the FMVP is worthless are Curry and Brick turds.

FKAri
06-03-2019, 05:01 PM
Opinions ranging from "Curry's the GOAT" to "not sure if he'd be top 30".

And these guys really mean it too. :oldlol:

ILLsmak
06-03-2019, 05:08 PM
:biggums: You don't know if Curry's top 30 :lol

ESPECIALLY when it comes to Curry, who shoots so many 3's

Yea. A lot of players in nba history man. I'd have to really do more thinking than I want. He's Def 50 ez. Thirty is shaving a big part off that. He's Def the best shooter no contest. I don't think anyone can argue that although maybe bird would beat him in a 3 point contest. But in game shooter and that range.

Get an nba history book and tell me where he is, in your opinion.

-Smak

aj1987
06-03-2019, 05:10 PM
Yea. A lot of players in nba history man. I'd have to really do more thinking than I want. He's Def 50 ez. Thirty is shaving a big part off that. He's Def the best shooter no contest. I don't think anyone can argue that although maybe bird would beat him in a 3 point contest. But in game shooter and that range.

-Smak
2 MVP's
3 NBA Championships (4, if he wins this year)
FMVP (if he wins this year)

Name 15 players with a better resume.

FromDowntown
06-03-2019, 05:12 PM
2 MVP's

We may also include winning 73 games and also winning the unanimous MVP both of which are exclusive to one player in the history of basketball

RRR3
06-03-2019, 05:17 PM
We may also include winning 73 games and also winning the unanimous MVP both of which are exclusive to one player in the history of basketball
Only because some dumbass voted for Melo instead of LeBron in 2013 and some idiot didn’t vote for Shaq in 2000.

aj1987
06-03-2019, 05:18 PM
:oldlol:

Dude, why create a new account when you make it so obvious? Just use your primary.

That being said, I am not a Curry fan. Not even close. However, he's a nasty player and a top 15 GOAT. That's not even up for argument.

Only because some dumbass voted for Melo instead of LeBron in 2013 and some idiot didn’t vote for Shaq in 2000.
His point still stands though. '16 Curry was ridiculous. One of the best seasons ever. From the past 30 season, it's up there with '00 Shaq, LeBron (a couple of seasons), '03 Duncan, '09 Wade etc.. One of the greatest to ever touch a basketball.

SouBeachTalents
06-03-2019, 05:20 PM

Get an nba history book and tell me where he is, in your opinion.

-Smak
I'd have him at least top 20-25, and if he wins this year? He'd be borderline top 15 for me. Top 30 is where the likes of Pippen, Ewing, & Drexler rank. All greats, but Curry has CLEARLY surpassed that grouping of players. Imo he'd be around the likes of Malone, KG, Dirk, Barkley, DRob etc.

aj1987
06-03-2019, 05:23 PM
I'd have him at least top 20-25, and if he wins this year? He'd be borderline top 15 for me. Top 30 is where the likes of Pippen, Ewing, & Drexler rank. All greats, but Curry has CLEARLY surpassed that grouping of players. Imo he'd be around the likes of Malone, KG, Dirk, Barkley, DRob etc.
You have them on a higher tier from Wade?

SouBeachTalents
06-03-2019, 05:26 PM
You have them on a higher tier from Wade?
All time I would, but not by much. They'd all probably be in the top 20 range, while Wade would prob be in the top 22-25 range

NBAGOAT
06-03-2019, 05:27 PM

i gotta agree with this(might have kg higher than the rest however). I'm not so sure curry has passed guys like oscar and west yet and pretty sure about the consensus top 11. Like how do you compare Curry and say someone like Dr.J? Durant is also in that tier roughly. I lean him being a little behind the pf tier(all he needs is like one more year) but he does have a longer prime than curry so I'm not sure.

SouBeachTalents
06-03-2019, 05:32 PM
i gotta agree with this(might have kg higher than the rest however). I'm not so sure curry has passed guys like oscar and west yet and pretty sure about the consensus top 11. Like how do you compare Curry and say someone like Dr.J? Durant is also in that tier roughly. I lean him being a little behind the pf tier(all he needs is like one more year) but he does have a longer prime than curry.
Durant's so difficult to rank. Idk how you truly value his titles with Golden State when they've been so absurdly successful both before and during his tenure with the team. Are you really ranking him that much higher from where he was in 2016 because he won titles with a team that clearly didn't even need him to be successful?

ILLsmak
06-03-2019, 05:40 PM
2 MVP's

He has a good resume for sure. Hm. Kareem, Russell, Shaq, kobe, bird, magic, mikan, wilt, kd(!), Hakeem, bron, mj, Duncan, cousey, moses malone prol, Oscar probably too.

And that's just counting people who won rings n stats. Some people like Stockton and malone didn't win shit for rings but have crazy stats and were winning a lot. Curry needs a fmvp and yea they prol will win this year but I'm not giving him that right now. You could argue him as top 20, I'm just saying that I don't know if I can be sure he's a lock better than 25-30 dudes atm. Maybe u can.

Edit: see I'm not throwing dudes like Ewing and Drexler and pip in top 30. That's more dudes like David Rob n Barkley.

-Smak

NBAGOAT
06-03-2019, 05:41 PM
Durant's so difficult to rank. Idk how you truly value his titles with Golden State when they've been so absurdly successful both before and during his tenure with the team. Are you really ranking him that much higher from where he was in 2016 because he won titles with a team that clearly didn't even need him to be successful?

well he still had like weak mvp lvl years at least overall, that will help anyone's resume. It's also still arguable if he had his peak in okc or gsw so those years are good. FMVP's are nice. It may be some revisionist history but you can argue curry really helped durant thrive and put up great numbers however.

It is kind of a tough sell to say pick him over Malone, Dirk, Barkley however for now. Is his peak even better than those 3 and malone,dirk have better longevity for now. durant's prime might be more consistently great throughout however, 13-19 all great top 5 level at least.

aj1987
06-03-2019, 05:43 PM
All time I would, but not by much. They'd all probably be in the top 20 range, while Wade would prob be in the top 22-25 range
Yeah, it's debatable. Not gonna argue with you. Man, these past few seasons have completely shook up the top 20 GOAT lists. Let me try (legit list).

1. MJ
2. KAJ
3. Shaq/LeBron
4. Shaq/LeBron
5. Magic
6. Russell
7. Bird
8. Duncan
9. Brick
10. Choke Boy
11. Hakeem
12. Dr. J
13. Curry
14. Ugh... KD
15. Moses
16. Oscar
17. West
18. Karl Malone
19. Wade/Dirk/CB
20. Wade/Dirk/CB
21. Wade/Dirk/CB

My bad. Had to do 21.

ILLsmak
06-03-2019, 05:51 PM
Yeah, it's debatable. Not gonna argue with you. Man, these past few seasons have completely shook up the top 20 GOAT lists. Let me try (legit list).

1. MJ
2. KAJ
3. Shaq/LeBron
4. Shaq/LeBron
5. Magic
6. Russell
7. Bird
8. Duncan
9. Brick
10. Choke Boy
11. Hakeem
12. Dr. J
13. Curry
14. Ugh... KD
15. Moses
16. Oscar
17. West
18. Karl Malone
19. Wade/Dirk/CB
20. Wade/Dirk/CB
21. Wade/Dirk/CB

My bad. Had to do 21.

Shit I forgot about Dr j I think haha. That's why I'm no good at lists. I can do top ten tho cuz I've thought about that a lot.

-Smak