PDA

View Full Version : Current top 5 NBA players as of 5-24-19

Shogon
05-24-2019, 11:41 AM
This list takes into account regular season AND playoffs. Not JUST regular season. Not JUST a playoff series or game. Not JUST the playoffs. Everything.

1) Stephen Curry (in hindsight, given the aforementioned criteria, he's been it since the 2016 season)
2) Kawhi Leonard (best two way player in the world)
3) LeBron James (yes, I realize the Lakers didn't make the playoffs, trolls)
4) Giannis Antetokounmpo (could easily jump to #1 if he had a jumper)
5) Kevin Durant (best ISO scorer in the world)

4 and 5 are interchangeable... Giannis is going to win MVP.

Book it. Lock it down. Facts.

Even if the Bucks or Raptors go on to win it all this year, my list isn't going to change again until the 2020 season.

Im so nba'd out
05-24-2019, 11:43 AM
LeBron James

Dingo
Harden

Durant
Giannis

TheCorporation
05-24-2019, 11:44 AM
1) Stephen Curry
2) Kawhi Leonard
3) LeBron James
4) Kevin Durant
5) Giannis Antetokounmpo

superduper
05-24-2019, 11:45 AM
1) Kawhi
2) KD/Curry
3) Curry/KD
4) Janice
5) King James Harden

Shogon
1) Stephen Curry
2) Kawhi Leonard
3) LeBron James
4) Kevin Durant
5)Giannis Antetokounmpo

:cheers:

warriorfan
This list takes into account regular season AND playoffs. Not JUST regular season. Not JUST a playoff series or game. Not JUST the playoffs. Everything.

1) Stephen Curry (in hindsight, given the aforementioned criteria, he's been it since the 2016 season)

Even if the Bucks or Raptors go on to win it all this year, my list isn't going to change again until the 2020 season.

List looks pretty good

StrongLurk
05-24-2019, 11:46 AM
1. KD
2. Lebron
3. Curry
4. Kawhi
5. Harden

Most underrated player is easily Anthony Davis. Most overrated is Giannis (probably 6th or 7th best player)

Shogon
05-24-2019, 11:46 AM
By the way... I probably should have included James Harden, but this guy just disappears so incredibly hard in the postseason that I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Between that and his utter cheating on almost every play, I just can't do it.

He's just embarrassing.

TheCorporation
05-24-2019, 11:47 AM
:cheers:

:dancin :cheers:

NBASTATMAN
05-24-2019, 11:48 AM
Steph And Kawhi
Lebron
Durant
Adavis

Giannis will leap everyone when he gets a jumper

TheCorporation
05-24-2019, 11:48 AM
By the way... I probably should have included James Harden, but this guy just disappears so incredibly hard in the postseason that I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

He's just embarrassing.

Yeah, have to keep him off for that.

BUT, if Giannis chokes this 2-0 lead by losing 4 straight then...

StrongLurk
05-24-2019, 11:50 AM

He's just embarrassing.

Dude, I completely agree with Harden being a fuking embarrassment to the game...but he actually had a good playoff run this year and his regular was too crazy to not have him top 5.

But yeah I hate Harden more than any player in the league and is hardest for me to rank...cause he has skills...he's just a disgrace.

TheCorporation
05-24-2019, 11:53 AM
Dude, I completely agree with Harden being a fuking embarrassment to the game...but he actually had a good playoff run this year and his regular was too crazy to not have him top 5.

But yeah I hate Harden more than any player in the league and is hardest for me to rank...cause he has skills...he's just a disgrace.

Swap Giannis and Harden if Giannis doesn't make the Finals?

TheCorporation
05-24-2019, 11:55 AM
By the way, and this should go without saying, this list is assuming Curry finally wins his 1st FMVP while putting up good numbers in the finals. That may be assuming too much but I have faith in him this year since a certain someone isn't in the finals to challenge him.

Shogon
05-24-2019, 11:56 AM
Yeah, have to keep him off for that.

BUT, if Giannis chokes this 2-0 lead by losing 4 straight then...

I agree. I'll be willing to give Harden the nod at 5 if Giannis gets backdoor swept. Giannis can jump to 1 if he gets a jumper, but damn, will he ever get consistent at it now? I hope so, but the Raptors have just clamped him as of game 3 from defensive adjustments that they are only able to make because he can't shoot.

Harden is the hardest for me to rank. I will never be able to talk about him objectively until he stops playing like a gigantic ****. Anyone that roots for him that isn't a Rockets fan... I don't know, man. I don't even know.

Bankaii
05-24-2019, 11:58 AM
If you think Steph was better than Lebron in 2016 you’re just an idiot lol.
When has the RS, as great as Steph was, ever been the determining factor for BITW?

You can’t call him BITW until we see how he does in the Finals.

TheCorporation
05-24-2019, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=Bankaii]If you think Steph was better than Lebron in 2016 you

Shogon
05-24-2019, 12:00 PM
If you think Steph was better than Lebron in 2016 you’re just an idiot lol.
When has the RS, as great as Steph was, ever been the determining factor for BITW?

In my criteria, it counts for something.

Dude, there's a chance right now even still, with teammates that fit, that LeBron is still the best player in the world for a single game or a single series.

But you can't coast an entire regular season and still get that title, necessarily.

LeBron has been, rightfully so, in coast mode for 4 or 5 years.

+1

King Bron was #1 for 2016 no question

22.6 ppg in the Finals is a no go

More turnovers than assists?

Sorry Curry

In the 2016 Finals, LeBron was DEMONSTRABLY BETTER.

But you can't tell me LeBron didn't coast the season, despite his stats. He absolutely did. To me personally, that matters.

TheCorporation
05-24-2019, 12:02 PM

Dude, there's a chance right now even still, with teammates that fit, that LeBron is still the best player in the world for a single game or a single series.

But you can't coast an entire regular season and still get that title, necessarily.

He has been in somewhat of coast mode in regular season but that's because he knows what it will take to get to the finals. Remember this guy's made it eight years in a row (and yes of course I know you know that but I'm just saying it needs to be mentioned).

Curry has just never looked spectacular in a single Finals series. He's never been the best player in a series or even the second best in most cases.

StrongLurk
05-24-2019, 12:18 PM
He has been in somewhat of coast mode in regular season but that's because he knows what it will take to get to the finals. Remember this guy's made it eight years in a row (and yes of course I know you know that but I'm just saying it needs to be mentioned).

Curry has just never looked spectacular in a single Finals series. He's never been the best player in a series or even the second best in most cases.

Bullshit, he should have been finals MVP in 2015, and he was amazing in the 2017 finals, way better than plenty of superstars not named MJ, Shaq, Lebron, KD.

He was also very good last year...28/7/6 on very good efficiency.

I mean you can't REALLY think Steph has been average in the finals? I think Lebron and KD being top 5 finals performers has warped your judgement of superstar play in the finals

NBASTATMAN
05-24-2019, 12:26 PM
By the way, and this should go without saying, this list is assuming Curry finally wins his 1st FMVP while putting up good numbers in the finals. That may be assuming too much but I have faith in him this year since a certain someone isn't in the finals to challenge him.

i AGREE .. He may shit the bed like that 12b in the finals..

Bankaii
05-24-2019, 12:58 PM

In the 2016 Finals, LeBron was DEMONSTRABLY BETTER.

But you can't tell me LeBron didn't coast the season, despite his stats. He absolutely did. To me personally, that matters.
The playoffs are where people judge all time greats. Lebron was better throughout the ENTIRE playoffs, and infinitely better in the finals. If you factor in defense that gap becomes a gaping hole.

Even

Bankaii
05-24-2019, 01:00 PM
Bullshit, he should have been finals MVP in 2015, and he was amazing in the 2017 finals, way better than plenty of superstars not named MJ, Shaq, Lebron, KD.

I mean you can't REALLY think Steph has been average in the finals? I think Lebron and KD being top 5 finals performers has warped your judgement of superstar play in the finals
Iggy definitely has a solid argument for FMVP. Don

StrongLurk
05-24-2019, 01:28 PM
Iggy definitely has a solid argument for FMVP. Don’t act like it was a travesty.
It took Steph being the second option on the greatest team of all time to have a great finals performance.
When he was the man (2015 and 2016) he was underwhelming, especially when you compare it to what he was doing in the RS.

He was NOT underwhelming in 2015. He had one REALLY bad game (game 2), but was great in the other games.

Game 1 he put up 26/4/8 with 2 steals and 60%TS+ and Games 3-6 he put up 28/6/5 with 2.3 steals on 60%TS+.

Curry's 2015 finals is better than PLENTY of other finals performances by other top 20 players of all time.

Curry was absolutely the best player on the Warriors in 2015. Iggy was of course the X-FACTOR for the Warriors...but the not the finals MVP.

The ONLY reason Curry didn't get FMVP was because of Lebron's monstrous performance warping the FMVP vote.

TheCorporation
05-24-2019, 01:32 PM

Have you been missing the NBA finals for the last 4 years?
•2015, he was a joke
•2016, he was a bigger joke
•2017, played well but was outshined by Bron, KD, and Irving...
•2018, played well but was outshined by Bron and KD

Curry hasn't even been the best player on his own team, he literally has zero Finals MVPs.

Zero. 3rd best? Meh

TheCorporation
05-24-2019, 01:33 PM
He was NOT underwhelming in 2015. He had one REALLY bad game (game 2), but was great in the other games.

Game 1 he put up 26/4/8 with 2 steals and 60%TS+ and Games 3-6 he put up 28/6/5 with 2.3 steals on 60%TS+.

Curry's 2015 finals is better than PLENTY of other finals performances by other top 20 players of all time.

Curry was absolutely the best player on the Warriors in 2015. Iggy was of course the X-FACTOR for the Warriors...but the not the finals MVP.

The ONLY reason Curry didn't get FMVP was because of Lebron's monstrous performance warping the FMVP vote.

Plus Iggy led the team in ORtg AND Drtg despite Curry shitting the bed when LeBron was missing his #2 and #3 guy

StrongLurk
05-24-2019, 01:34 PM
Have you been missing the NBA finals for the last 4 years?
•2015, he was a joke
•2016, he was a bigger joke
•2017, played well but was outshined by Bron, KD, and Irving...
•2018, played well but was outshined by Bron and KD

Curry hasn't even been the best player on his own team, he literally has zero Finals MVPs.

Zero. 3rd best? Meh

Damn so Lebron lost a finals to a 6th man and a joke in 2015? Explain how Lebron lost in 2015 to a 6th man and a joke?

You can't troll Curry, he's the 2nd best PG of all time.

TheCorporation
05-24-2019, 01:35 PM
Damn so Lebron lost a finals to a 6th man and a joke in 2015? Explain how Lebron lost in 2015 to a 6th man and a joke?

Who was LeBron's 2nd option in 2015? And his 3rd? His 4th?

His opposition had Klay, Dray, and Iggy.

Thanks

TheCorporation
05-24-2019, 01:36 PM

You can't troll Curry, he's the 2nd best PG of all time.

I dont need to troll him, he trolled himself for 4 years :lol

StrongLurk
05-24-2019, 01:38 PM

Thanks

Wow so Lebron lost to 2 players worse than Curry and the 6th man I mentioned who couldn't even be a starter???

You've convinced me Lebron is out of the top 10

TheCorporation
05-24-2019, 01:38 PM
Wow so Lebron lost to 2 players worse than Curry and the 6th man I mentioned who couldn't even be a starter???

Thanks

StrongLurk
05-24-2019, 01:39 PM

Thanks

You keep naming players worse than Curry :roll:

TheCorporation
05-24-2019, 01:39 PM
You keep naming players worse than Curry :roll:

Too scared to answer? I thought so

Check mate

StrongLurk
05-24-2019, 01:40 PM
Too scared to answer? I thought so

Check mate

So Lebron lost to a bunch of losers, got it. Thanks for enlightening us all :lol

Hell, NO ONE on the 2015 Warriors had ever won a FMVP before facing LeLoser.

TheCorporation
05-24-2019, 01:41 PM
So Lebron lost to a bunch of losers, got it. Thanks for enlightening us all :lol

Thanks

StrongLurk
05-24-2019, 01:44 PM

Thanks

You keep digging yourself a bigger hole :roll:

PickernRoller
05-24-2019, 01:44 PM
Kawhi
KD
Curry
Giannis
Lilliard

Bran's not even Top 10... his tards are high on that kush.

Edit: Lurk and Corp going at it? Things are worse than I thought inside the Lebron family.:roll:

Heavincent
05-24-2019, 02:12 PM
Curry
Kawhi
KD
Giannis
Lebron

TheCorporation
05-24-2019, 02:16 PM
Kawhi
KD
Curry
Giannis
Lilliard

Edit: Lurk and Corp going at it? Things are worse than I thought inside the Lebron family.:roll:

#3 with a Coke please fryboy

Celtics 1825
05-24-2019, 03:13 PM
1. Curry
2. Kawhi
3. Durant
4. Giannis
5. Harden

PickernRoller
05-24-2019, 03:13 PM
#3 with a Coke please fryboy

That's ok bitch boy... as long as you bark, the leash will continue to stay tight.

What eats you inside is knowing this, as does everyone else as well, but being helpless to do anything to change it. The walking (on wheels), living, breathing definition of a bitch slave.

superduper
05-24-2019, 03:15 PM
Im glad Curry is finally getting the respect he deserves. People didn't even have him in their top 5 a few months ago :facepalm

Lakers Fan
05-24-2019, 03:21 PM
In order

Steph
Kawhi
KD
Giannis
Harden

Common sense? :confusedshrug:

LeCola
05-24-2019, 03:26 PM
Durant
Curry
Kawhi
Giannis
Embiid

red1
05-24-2019, 03:29 PM
1. kawhi
2. kd
3. curry
4. lebron
5. giannis

BallsOut
05-24-2019, 03:35 PM
Kawhi
Durant
Curry
George
Jokic

And1AllDay
05-24-2019, 04:00 PM
That's ok bitch boy... as long as you bark, the leash will continue to stay tight.

What eats you inside is knowing this, as does everyone else as well, but being helpless to do anything to change it. The walking (on wheels), living, breathing definition of a bitch slave.

Hows work? Fry cooker getting to you ?

stalkerforlife
05-24-2019, 05:06 PM

So another troll topic while calling others trolls?

Nice.

Your M.O.

stalkerforlife
05-24-2019, 05:10 PM
Kawhi
KD
Curry
Giannis
Lilliard

Jokic is better than Lillard.

Jokic is top 5.

Did amazing things with a constantly changing and mediocre roster.

Manny98
05-24-2019, 05:40 PM
LeBron
Kawhi
KD
Giannis
Curry

elementally morale
05-24-2019, 05:44 PM
Curry
Jokic
Kawhi
Giannis
Embiid

FYI, this is the right list and order. Peace.

r0drig0lac
05-24-2019, 05:47 PM
top 3
Lebron/Kawhi/Durant

4- Curry
5- Giannis
6- Harden
7- Davis
8- Joel

StrongLurk
05-24-2019, 05:50 PM
top 3
Lebron/Kawhi/Durant

4- Curry
5- Giannis
6- Harden
7- Davis
8- Joel

Jokic > Embiid

Manny98
05-24-2019, 05:51 PM
Curry
Jokic
Kawhi
Giannis
Embiid

EmShrink over KD and Bron

lol foh you must me trolling :lol

Doranku
05-24-2019, 05:51 PM
1. Kawhi
2. Steph
3. KD
4. Giannis
5. Harden

TheCorporation
05-24-2019, 05:52 PM
EmShrink over KD and Bron

lol foh you must me trolling :lol

eleMENTAL always has hot takes :lol

bullettooth
05-24-2019, 05:54 PM
LeBron
Kawhi
KD
Giannis
Curry

You're a joke.

https://i.postimg.cc/vHzkfKrn/suck.gif

Bankaii
05-24-2019, 06:00 PM
Curry
Jokic
Kawhi
Giannis
Embiid

The worst part is that you're probably dead serious:facepalm

hold this L
05-24-2019, 06:01 PM
1. Curry
2. KD
3. Harden
4. Kawhi
5. Lebron

Kawhi can finish top 1-4 depending how the next 3 weeks end up.

Shogon
05-24-2019, 06:19 PM
So another troll topic while calling others trolls?

Nice.

Your M.O.

Just because you've had an irrational and damn near two decade hardon for hating LeBron James doesn't mean the rest of the world has, you ****.

SouBeachTalents
05-24-2019, 06:21 PM
Curry
Kawhi
Durant
LeBron
Giannis

34-24 Footwork
05-24-2019, 06:28 PM
Im glad Curry is finally getting the respect he deserves. People didn't even have him in their top 5 a few months ago :facepalm

That's when everyone was propping up KD to shit on Curry. Now it's the opposite.

Then when KD gets back, they'll continue to shit on Curry ESPECIALLY if he gets 4 rings.

elementally morale
05-24-2019, 06:33 PM
The worst part is that you're probably dead serious:facepalm

Yes. I am. I do not value 1 on 1 basketball. Neither Durant, Hardem or LeBron are good teamplayers. They are good individually but as far as 5 on 5 goes give me anyone on my list instead of those three.

Curry is obvious. Jokic and Embiid are, too. Especially Jokic. Kawhi is a good two way player and is a team player. And Giannis doesn't stop the ball either.

Yes, I'm serious.

stalkerforlife
05-24-2019, 06:38 PM
Just because you've had an irrational and damn near two decade hardon for hating LeBron James doesn't mean the rest of the world has, you ****.

He's not top 5.

At all.

Jokic is obviously better and did far more with less help.

PG is better.

I hate Harden, but he's obviously better.

Etc.

Grow up.

Shogon
05-24-2019, 06:42 PM
He's not top 5.

At all.

Jokic is obviously better and did far more with less help.

PG is better.

I hate Harden, but he's obviously better.

Etc.

Grow up.

Would LeBron and the Lakers have done better with the exact same level of talent that the Lakers currently have, except they were better shooters? In other words, more skilled at shooting at the sacrifice of some of their other strengths.

Were they a home court seed before he and Lonzo went down?

These are simple yes and no questions... that's all I need. Yes, or no. Don't let me inside your bullshit reasons. Just yes or no. That's it.

stalkerforlife
05-24-2019, 06:46 PM
Would LeBron and the Lakers have done better with the exact same level of talent that the Lakers currently have, except they were better shooters? In other words, more skilled at shooting at the sacrifice of some of their other strengths.

Were they a home court seed before he and Lonzo went down?

These are simple yes and no questions... that's all I need. Yes, or no. Don't let me inside your bullshit reasons. Just yes or no. That's it.

I don't do hypotheticals.

Bran quit because he was getting his shit pushed in.

Faked an injury as he always does when he's hopeless.

He's not top 5. He literally has to be pushed by teammates into playing defense. He's a stat stuffing loser and it works because low IQs eat it up.

You know this.

Shogon
05-24-2019, 06:49 PM
I don't do hypotheticals.

Bran quit because he was getting his shit pushed in.

Faked an injury as he always does when he's hopeless.

He's not top 5. He literally has to be pushed by teammates into playing defense. He's a stat stuffing loser and it works because low IQs eat it up.

You know this.

I'm about to push YOUR shit in. Time for me to take my prize. Jugg's got yaaaa.

stalkerforlife
05-24-2019, 06:50 PM
I'm about to push YOUR shit in. Time for me to take my prize. Jugg's got yaaaa.

:roll:

warriorfan
05-24-2019, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=Bankaii]Iggy definitely has a solid argument for FMVP. Don

Shogon
05-24-2019, 06:59 PM
:roll:

Now, you can make a choice. I can either take this shit, or you can give it to me willingly.

SouBeachTalents
05-24-2019, 07:11 PM
Now, you can make a choice. I can either take this shit, or you can give it to me willingly.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/d6bf46d9c8072cf4823449f290011f6c/tenor.gif

Shogon
05-24-2019, 07:19 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/d6bf46d9c8072cf4823449f290011f6c/tenor.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/KyNYFZguTspOE8JEjB/giphy.gif

Bankaii
05-24-2019, 07:23 PM
2015 regular season
23.8/4.3/7.7

2015 Finals
26.0/5.2/6.3

Huge drop off. :lol
Cute how you left off efficiency and turnovers. Add that in.
And while you’re at it do the same or 2016 (like I mentioned) I’ll wait.

warriorfan
05-24-2019, 07:55 PM
[QUOTE=Bankaii]Cute how you left off efficiency and turnovers. Add that in.
And while you

ArbitraryWater
05-24-2019, 08:00 PM
LeBron
Leonard
Curry
Giannis
Harden

MJistheGOAT
05-24-2019, 08:07 PM
Kawhi
Curry
KD
Bran
No J Giannis/**ssy Harden

ArbitraryWater
05-24-2019, 08:09 PM
LeBron
Leonard
Curry
Giannis
Harden.

And1AllDay
05-24-2019, 10:53 PM
LeBron (duh)
Curry
Kawhi
Durant
Giannis (Jokic if Giannis chokes this 2-0 lead doe)

talkingconch
05-24-2019, 11:11 PM
Giannis is not ahead of Durant

Big164
05-25-2019, 01:02 AM
Curry
Kawhi
Durant
LeBron
Giannis
Basically.

Exact order.

Bankaii
05-25-2019, 01:28 AM
Huge drop off!!!!

:lol silly chankaii
Don

Cleverness
05-25-2019, 02:00 AM

What makes Giannis better than Durant? I've got the same list, but Durant ahead of Giannis.

bobopenguin
05-25-2019, 03:12 AM
i am not sure guys.
i love kwahi and i do think he;s fking godlike so far, dominating both offense and defence. but, is he better than AD?
i would still pick AD before Giannis and Kwahi.

TheCorporation
05-25-2019, 04:25 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oFzmkkwfOGlzZ0gxi/giphy.gif

TheCorporation
05-25-2019, 04:25 AM
What makes Giannis better than Durant? I've got the same list, but Durant ahead of Giannis.

I have the exact same list as you bruddah :cheers: