PDA

View Full Version : Mind blowing that the most successful franchise since 1999 blew the Kawhi situation

1987_Lakers
05-24-2019, 09:18 PM
http://hoopscritic.com/where-the-spurs-went-wrong/

- Spurs misdiagnosed Kawhi's inury
- Dumb players on the team think Kawhi is healthy and call him out without knowing about the situation.
- Kawhi feels betrayed and asks for a trade

I mean, how does the most respected franchise in the NBA mess this bad? They had a franchise player, an all-time great, but piss him off and asks for a trade just because they couldn't be patient with his injury. It's mind blowing.

FKAri
05-24-2019, 09:38 PM
My sources(skip bayless) tell me that doctors couldn't find anything wrong with him and that he essentially pulled, what is known in the industry as, a "Fultz"

Loco 50
05-24-2019, 09:42 PM
Did the writer actually bring forth any real information or did he just rehash what was previously reported?

Sure, if you take Kiwi's camp at their 100% word, the Spurs went from the respected franchise that you waxed poetic about to a dumpster fire over night. :banana:

Rumor has it, the Spurs hesitated on offering the supermax to Kawhi due to not only his latest injury, but his overall history of injuries. Kawhi was insulted.

As a small franchise the Spurs can't afford to make stupid mistakes and expect to survive long. They had already f'd up big with the Pau contract, which I'll bet was a factor in all this.

Perhaps in being conservative they made a mistake, but it won't be known for sure until 3-5 years down the line.

He doesn't exactly look 100% out there to anyone that's watching and if these are complications from the same injury, he may be a time-bomb waiting to go off.

72-10
05-26-2019, 05:54 PM
Oh Sh*t