PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think the Bucks would have matched up better vs the Warriors?

1987_Lakers
05-26-2019, 12:39 AM
More depth, more length that would disrupt Draymond's pick and rolls, more capable defenders on Steph. Anyone else think this?

RRR3
05-26-2019, 12:40 AM
No. They suck in the half court and don’t defend the 3 like Toronto does.

bigkingsfan
05-26-2019, 12:40 AM
Nah, they have no go to guy. It's sad when Brooke Lopez was their #1 option down the stretch.

Mr. Jabbar
05-26-2019, 12:41 AM
Yes. Warriors match up worse against the Bucks.

sdot_thadon
05-26-2019, 12:45 AM
I thought so before this last series but Giannis doesn't seem to have a plan B for when his drives are defended well. He can be taken out of games somewhat. But sure length wise they'd have a huge advantage over Gs.

FKAri
05-26-2019, 12:46 AM
Kawhi, Siakam, Green is a lot of length.

1987_Lakers
05-26-2019, 12:53 AM
I thought so before this last series but Giannis doesn't seem to have a plan B for when his drives are defended well. He can be taken out of games somewhat. But sure length wise they'd have a huge advantage over Gs.

Mostly everyone thought this before the series. Statistically, the Bucks are a better defensive team than the Raptors. Draymond has been absolutely killing teams as a roll man since Durant went down, I would believe guys like Giannis and Middleton with their athletic ability and length would have had some success defending those pick and rolls.

I believe inexperience was the Bucks downfall though, on paper to me at least matchup better with GS.

1987_Lakers
05-26-2019, 12:57 AM
Kawhi, Siakam, Green is a lot of length.

Not nearly as lengthy as Mirotic, Giannis, & Middleton.

RoseCity07
05-26-2019, 01:05 AM
No. The two best teams are there. Raptors proved it. They didn't win by chance. That's 4 straight wins. They are the biggest challenge to the Warriors.

SouBeachTalents
05-26-2019, 01:07 AM
No. The two best teams are there. Raptors proved it. They didn't win by chance. That's 4 straight wins. They are the biggest challenge to the Warriors.
That has nothing to do with what the OP said. The Raptors could be better, doesn't necessarily mean they matchup better with the Warriors

RRR3
05-26-2019, 01:10 AM
Mostly everyone thought this before the series. Statistically, the Bucks are a better defensive team than the Raptors. Draymond has been absolutely killing teams as a roll man since Durant went down, I would believe guys like Giannis and Middleton with their athletic ability and length would have had some success defending those pick and rolls.

I believe inexperience was the Bucks downfall though, on paper to me at least matchup better with GS.
The Raptors didn

NBAGOAT
05-26-2019, 01:13 AM
Toss up. I like tors defense a little more but mils offense a little more. This depends on lot on just which role players play better. I may have overreacted to how bad torontos played vs philly. They definitely did better vs tor but I

bison
05-26-2019, 01:14 AM
Toronto’s defense really impressed me tonight. Especially on Giannis ICantWinInToronto. I really think they have a shot at GSW. And by shot I mean they will win one game in the finals.

highwhey
05-26-2019, 01:16 AM
bucks aren't 3/4ths the defenders that raptors are

sdot_thadon
05-26-2019, 01:16 AM
[QUOTE=bison]Toronto

RRR3
05-26-2019, 01:19 AM
[QUOTE=bison]Toronto

1987_Lakers
05-26-2019, 01:21 AM
bucks aren't 3/4ths the defenders that raptors are

Defensive Postseason Ratings coming into tonight...

Bucks: 101.7
Raptors: 102.5

Seems pretty similar to me.

DCL
05-26-2019, 01:23 AM
no.

after seeing the bucks' team defense looking confused a.f. against with how to guard the 3-point line, i think golden state would had easily launched missiles all day on milwaukee.

go check out 4th quarter again. bucks defense was beyond pathetic. toronto had an eternity to launch some of those 3's. raptors had time to eat a sandwich and do their taxes before the bucks even figured who they're supposed to guard and who was out there.

RRR3
05-26-2019, 01:24 AM
no.

after seeing the bucks' team defense looking confused a.f. against with how to guard the 3-point line, i think golden state would had easily launched missiles all day on milwaukee.

go check out 4th quarter again. bucks defense was beyond pathetic. toronto had an eternity to launch some of those 3's. raptors had time to eat a sandwich and do their taxes before the bucks even figured who they're supposed to guard and who was out there.
They were way too worried about stopping Kawhi. You can’t really stop him anyways.

imdaman99
05-26-2019, 01:58 AM
I definitely thought this, but who knows? Kawhi has been known to be a thorn in the Warriors' side. I hope he's their kryptonite. I still remember the Spurs being up by 20 in game 1 against them when Kerr gave Zaza the assignment to injure Kawhi.

E_Stamkos
05-26-2019, 02:01 AM
I'm gunna have to drop a big no on that one boss.

https://media.giphy.com/media/IeWYx9jB9yIFA9o5sk/giphy.gif

bdonovan
05-26-2019, 02:20 AM
Yes, Toronto offers nothing exceptional or unique. Warriors beat teams like this routinely. The reg season record doesn't matter; Curry didn't play one game, and the other was just an off day; not an indicative at all of postseason outcomes (although I'm a few gamblers will lose money with this kind of reasoning).

The Bucks have someone that has been unguardable until one team decided to throw their whole defensive system away and form a wall instead. They committed to it and it worked. IDK if the Warriors would do the same thing or if they even have the personnel to pull it off. You need 3 tall, big physical dudes who don't mind getting elbowed in the face and Toronto happened to have them in Ibaka, Gasol, Leonard- 2 of which won DPOY and one who finished in the top 3 in DPOY. For any other team including the Warriors, Giannis will disrupt their defense significantly.

Brogdon and Bledsoe are terrific defenders. Also, you see the way Bucks get around screens on D; it's very Warriors-esque. They would slow down Curry and Thompson. I would still pick Warriors in 6. Kyle Lowry is a good defender but he runs straight into screens and Looney etc. will set a lot of them.

For Toronto, they are just too untalented. Marc Gasol is slow as molasses. So is Ibaka. Green can't shoot and Van Vleet can't play D. So they're going to beat them with Kawhi and Lowry?

Milwaukee has a similar ethic to the Warriors in their excellent ball movement and team defense; their players are in their prime not over the hill like Danny Green, Gasol, Ibaka. Nick Nurse drew up the perfect plan to stop Giannis and the Bucks couldn't adapt fast enough so we get Toronto in the finals.

You never really know until they play but I don't expect any fireworks in this one. Warriors in 5.

Nick Nurse is a solid coach and I liked what he did against the Bucks. But there is no strategy against what the Warriors do in off-the-ball movement. There is no single counter to it. You could try ball-denial, even double Klay and Steph off the ball to deny them the ball. I seem to recall the Spurs used to do that with some success (when they had the talent to go along with the coaching). Ultimately Toronto has a big, strong defensive unit that helps shut people down in the paint. That will have less use against the Warriors who shoot from everywhere.

The Raptors are in the final primarily because they outcoached the Bucks. Talent-wise they just cannot hang with the Warriors.

ArbitraryWater
05-26-2019, 02:21 AM
definitely higher offensive peak level than TOR, and better defensively size wise