PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash is far and away the worst MVP ever

JohnMax
05-27-2019, 03:15 PM
In 2005 he was the third best player on his team (Stoudemire and Marion both better) and in 2006 he was the second best player and won against superior competition like Dirk (60 win team and led the league in PER), Lebron (tied for league lead in PER and led an abysmal Cavs team to 50+ wins), and Kobe (averaged 35+ppg and led an abysmal Lakers team to the playoffs).

ImKobe
05-27-2019, 03:27 PM
Has any other player won MVP while another player on his team leads them in points, rebounds, steals and blocks, as well as PER, WS, +/- and VORP?

Kblaze8855
05-27-2019, 03:27 PM
To the eyes of modern fans and what they want from an MVP the worst of them is Wes Unseld.

He was a good man to man defender, amazing rebounder, and all time great outlet passer who was there for leadership and professionalism. He won MVP as a rookie because he was seen as the key addition to a team that made a turnaround but he wasnt that teams best player. Earl Monroe was.

Wes in his prime might give you 12/14 and some nasty picks and long outlets. But he wasnt what modern fans consider MVP material.

He did make the finals 4 times and win a ring(with finals MVP)....so he was doing something right. And that MVP was voted by the players....so its not like the media robbed some guy....but they never even let him sniff it again. He dropped from winning it to 12th with less votes than Bill bridges...and you have never heard of him. He was 3rd on his own team in MVP votes when they had the best record in the NBA in 75.

He stands out on the list as a pretty big question mark. Hes the last pick if we are all drafting guys for a team to play and ignoring that Bob Cousy couldnt shoot a jumper or defend a bottle of red stripe.

Removing guys who learned to play in the 40s......

Unseld would be the last pick for a team be it 1975 or 95 or today.

imdaman99
05-27-2019, 03:29 PM
I didn't approve of him being the MVP over Kobe but Nash was easily their most important player. How can you people dispute this? You think Amare or Marion score that much without him? Nash was their PG, he brought his pick and roll system to the team. Suns win 20 less games without him, prove me wrong.

Pretty sure OP copied and pasted this from somewhere. Dude has no original thoughts of his own.

GreatHILL
05-27-2019, 04:59 PM
I didn't approve of him being the MVP over Kobe but Nash was easily their most important player. How can you people dispute this? You think Amare or Marion score that much without him? Nash was their PG, he brought his pick and roll system to the team. Suns win 20 less games without him, prove me wrong.

Pretty sure OP copied and pasted this from somewhere. Dude has no original thoughts of his own.

Quality Post! everything you posted is on point your a true bball fan.

stalkerforlife
05-27-2019, 05:03 PM
Rose and Unseld were worse.

Possibly Giannis.

Nash wins a title if the NBA doesn't fix it for the Spurs.

SouBeachTalents
05-27-2019, 05:10 PM
This dude just said Marion was better than Nash :lol

Im so nba'd out
05-27-2019, 05:23 PM
duh...

We all know why he won MVP