PDA

View Full Version : If Toronto wins .. do they retire Leonard

toxicxr6
05-28-2019, 11:13 AM
Was having a think about this..

If Toronto wins the championship.. Leonard has an amazing series and leaves Toronto after this season. He wins fmvp.. played hard in Toronto when he didn

FKAri
05-28-2019, 11:19 AM
They should and they probably would.

bigkingsfan
05-28-2019, 11:22 AM
TORONTO RAPTORS current retired Jersey :
None :roll:

bullettooth
05-28-2019, 11:26 AM
That will just add to how much of a joke Toronto is; the city's only NBA championship came from a one year rental of a guy that didn't want to play there.

macmac
05-28-2019, 11:34 AM
That will just add to how much of a joke Toronto is; the city's only NBA championship came from a one year rental of a guy that didn't want to play there.

Would make the rest of the nba a joke too that a one year rental came in and ravaged the league like a lone wolf in a valley of sheep

KingMambaFan
05-28-2019, 11:39 AM
Yes easily! :bowdown:

red1
05-28-2019, 11:52 AM
ab-****ing-solutely

red1
05-28-2019, 11:53 AM
considering the fact that the franchise was established in 1995, and the fact that the organization grows every year - I think we're doing alright. :confusedshrug:

dazzer87
05-28-2019, 12:01 PM
1 year rental = Retired Jersey...:roll:

iamgine
05-28-2019, 12:04 PM
Probably retire Lowry's jersey instead.

bullettooth
05-28-2019, 12:05 PM
considering the fact that the franchise was established in 1995, and the fact that the organization grows every year - I think we're doing alright. :confusedshrug:

You lucked out. 24 years in the league and the only acquired star you ever got was a guy that didn't and likely still doesn't want to play in Toronto.

Your only notable players have been Vince and Bosh, both of which you drafted. I wonder why no free agent wants to play in Toronto?

So yeah, by default, Kawhi's jersey will have to be retired.... I mean, who else would it have been that accomplished anything?

sbw19
05-28-2019, 12:16 PM
It's already bad as it is. That'd completely push Derozan over the edge.

superduper
05-28-2019, 12:18 PM

Source of Kawhi saying even once he doesn't want to be in Toronto?

bullettooth
05-28-2019, 12:34 PM
Source of Kawhi saying even once he doesn't want to be in Toronto?

Why would he publicly say it?

E_Stamkos
05-28-2019, 01:29 PM
Would make the rest of the nba a joke too that a one year rental came in and ravaged the league like a lone wolf in a valley of sheep

Not necessarily man.

I mean it's not as if our team was shit soup prior to his arrival. We've been a 'good' team for the better part of this decade. Nothing spectacular... Not as great as the first seed in the conference last year... But definitely no walking mats. We've been good

Kawhi is easily the biggest and focal reason for our elevation to being a REALLY good team but there's more to it than that.

- Pascal has blossomed into an excellent 3rd option
- Lowry is no longer expected to stomach the scoring load as a second option and can play a more all around game
- our depth has stepped up (guys like Powell, Ibaka and FVV as of late)
- Gasol has been an anchor on defense and one of the smartest players on the court
- Defensively sound, clogging lanes harder than ***** up Manny's asshole

Nothing jokey about us winning anything... Still say it's a very long shot but I digress.

And if we win, sure, why not... He's easily the best player we've ever had on this team as well.

superduper
05-28-2019, 01:36 PM
Why would he publicly say it?

Because he hates it so much right?

n00bie
05-28-2019, 01:38 PM
1 year rental = Retired Jersey...:roll:

Are you saying a team shouldn't retire a jersey of someone that carried them to a championship? :biggums:

SouBeachTalents
05-28-2019, 01:44 PM
If he continues to ball and knocks off the dynasty Warriors to bring Toronto it's first championship in franchise history, why the hell wouldn't they :lol

sdot_thadon
05-28-2019, 01:45 PM
Shouldn't even be a question. He's the reason they win if it happens.