PDA

View Full Version : Endgame sucked

Prometheus
05-29-2019, 09:57 AM
Just saw it last night. I wasn't expecting to be blown away by the characters/plot, it was just a lot worse than I even expected. The action was mediocre for something with such great cgi. Elements of the plot were very random and not cohesive. The only thing decent about the movie, honestly, was the comedy. Starks always brings that shit, and I recall busting up at a few lines from other characters as well. All in all though:

PIECE OF SHIT. That's what it was.

Agree/disagree? Please discuss your thoughts on the movie, with spoilers.

bullettooth
05-29-2019, 09:58 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466177

Andrei89
05-29-2019, 10:26 AM
It wasn't a piece of shit obviously you trolling.

The movie is too overhyped though. Everyone seems to love it and I feel like such a hipster for finding it just above average.

IW was so good that it would have been the GOAT superhero movie had TDK not existed.

- time travel? oh cmon
- Thanos just some basic villain now
- Thor and Hulk are comedy characters now? ok
- do I really want to revisit all the previous movies from a different angle though?
-the battle was a cluster**** cgi and not as focused as the multiple battles in IW
- the woman power was pure cringe
- pacing was too slow

Above average movie, worth seeing in the theatre but it does not even come close to IW

Shogon
05-29-2019, 11:17 AM
It wasn't a piece of shit obviously you trolling.

The movie is too overhyped though. Everyone seems to love it and I feel like such a hipster for finding it just above average.

IW was so good that it would have been the GOAT superhero movie had TDK not existed.

- time travel? oh cmon
- Thanos just some basic villain now
- Thor and Hulk are comedy characters now? ok
- do I really want to revisit all the previous movies from a different angle though?
-the battle was a cluster**** cgi and not as focused as the multiple battles in IW
- the woman power was pure cringe
- pacing was too slow

Above average movie, worth seeing in the theatre but it does not even come close to IW

This post is pretty much a spot on perfect assessment.

Only a few things I'd add...

-It's very clear that they didn't come up with the time travel story until much later because there are far too many continuity issues throughout the series. Yes, I am well aware that their version of time travel is "you can't alter your past... going back into the past is now your future"... I do indeed get it, better than the writers obviously, there are still holes, especially with Captain America.
-Despite it being not a tremendously great movie, it was extremely emotionally satisfying and I cried my ****ing eyes out over Stark. That does count for something.

And while this has already been noted multiple times, I can't stress enough with how stupid Thanos became and just how much this movie wasn't as good as IW.

Thanos goes from a guy that is doing good by his eyes to "welp, **** you guys, I'm irrationally evil now" which just screams of the fact that none of Thanos' storyline was ever planned out from the beginning. How weak. IW was so much better it's not even worth mentioning, really. Different leagues.

Prometheus
05-29-2019, 07:31 PM
I'm not trolling. I thought it was a big, expensive piece of shit.

Objectivity
05-29-2019, 09:01 PM
I very much agree but i feel like this about almost every marvel movie...

Meticode
05-30-2019, 04:36 AM
Can't please everyone. You guys are the few who found it average or above average. Wah to the wah.

Meticode
05-30-2019, 04:39 AM
Thanos goes from a guy that is doing good by his eyes to "welp, **** you guys, I'm irrationally evil now" which just screams of the fact that none of Thanos' storyline was ever planned out from the beginning. How weak. IW was so much better it's not even worth mentioning, really. Different leagues.
You think it was irrational to feel the way he did and change the way he did after he saw a future timeline of him actually completing his journey only for it to be ripped anyway and he ends up dying in the process?

I think his justification for changing his plan was warranted. Even when he kills half the life in the universe it resists only for his plan to fail, so he must change it and take drastic measures. Look at the timeline he saw. He actually completed his plan, destroyed the stones afterwards so no one can reverse what he changed only to see his plan fail anyway...of course he's going to abandon it. And actually become enraged.

dunksby
05-30-2019, 08:35 AM
Should have gone to a Detective Pikachu screening.

TheMan
05-30-2019, 02:14 PM
It's a fukking comic book hero movie, its not supposed to be up there with 2001 A Space Odyssey or Apocalypse Now :facepalm

red1
05-30-2019, 05:39 PM
Just saw it last night. I wasn't expecting to be blown away by the characters/plot, it was just a lot worse than I even expected. The action was mediocre for something with such great cgi. Elements of the plot were very random and not cohesive. The only thing decent about the movie, honestly, was the comedy. Starks always brings that shit, and I recall busting up at a few lines from other characters as well. All in all though:

PIECE OF SHIT. That's what it was.

Agree/disagree? Please discuss your thoughts on the movie, with spoilers.
OP I'll knock your ass out if you start another B.S. thread like this.

thank you.

warriorfan
05-30-2019, 06:09 PM
Let

greymatter
05-30-2019, 11:29 PM
If you really wanted to go all out on nitpicking stupidity, plot holes, or what not -- consider the fact that activating the most powerful object in the universe required the specific physical action of snapping one's fingers.

Meticode
05-31-2019, 04:47 AM
If you really wanted to go all out on nitpicking stupidity, plot holes, or what not -- consider the fact that activating the most powerful object in the universe required the specific physical action of snapping one's fingers.
This is when people don't take it for what it is and over-think. It's like that with many movies that are great.