PDA

View Full Version : Finals Game 2 predictions?

fiddy
05-31-2019, 06:28 PM
I feel like the GSW will make a come back.

Im so nba'd out
05-31-2019, 10:08 PM
Whenever they stop running this dumb ass "spurs gimmick defense" and go back to playing kawhi 1 on 1 they will start winning.IDK if they need to get their ass kicked again for Kerr to realize this or will he actually adjust without giving them another free win.

Seeing how he's not actually a good coach, I'll go with the latter.Its sad how much he overthinks things

NBAGOAT
05-31-2019, 10:09 PM
warriors by like 5. I'm throwing it out there that klay's going have a hot game

Shogon
05-31-2019, 10:21 PM
Whenever they stop running this dumb ass "spurs gimmick defense" and go back to playing kawhi 1 on 1 they will start winning.IDK if they need to get their ass kicked again for Kerr to realize this or will he actually adjust without giving them another free win.

Seeing how he's not actually a good coach, I'll go with the latter.Its sad how much he overthinks things

This is correct.

Not only is the correct strategy while he's healthy, it's ESPECIALLY TRUE WHEN KAWHI IS HOBBLED... WHICH HE IS.

Doubling a hobbled player is probably about the dumbest thing you can do when the rest of the role players struggle to score against mediocre defense, lol.

Siakam will still probably continue to do well, but he's not going to shoot 100% from the field, even if they leave him wide open.

So... play Kawhi 1 on 1 and live with the results... which will be a win.

Anyways I predict a win for GSW in game 2.

I had game 1 as being a coin flip because of their layoff and it being in Toronto.

However, if GSW does indeed lose game 2, I'll be interested to see if their egos can handle that deficit against a team this good. They'll probably rush Durant back who will be hobbled and lose in 5, if they lose game 2.

warriorfan
05-31-2019, 10:25 PM
The doubling on Leonard was a failure. Toronto has too good of shooting to keep being lazy on rotations and leave those guys wide open like that. They also burnt themselves out with all the rotating and then their transition defense went to shit. They need to play Leonard straight up until he starts to make them pay. Then make adjustments as needed.

imdaman99
05-31-2019, 10:27 PM
They won't double and trap Kawhi. It's in their best interest to stay at home and let Kawhi get his and lock up the rest of the team. Warriors should win. But let's see how much of a boss Kawhi is :pimp:

Shogon
05-31-2019, 10:29 PM
The doubling on Leonard was a failure. Toronto has too good of shooting to keep being lazy on rotations and leave those guys wide open like that. They also burnt themselves out with all the rotating and then their transition defense went to shit. They need to play Leonard straight up until he starts to make them pay. Then make adjustments as needed.

Even if he starts to make them pay, he's not going to be putting up prime Shaq efficiency if they single cover him.

It always amazes me how teams double stars that don't need to be doubled and let role players get wide open shots. I mean it REALLY ALWAYS amazes me.

Playing a star straight up will yield better defense than leaving role players wide the **** open... especially at home. lol.

Kawhi Leonard is really, really good... but he's not prime Shaq or prime MJ. He doesn't need to be treated as such, ESPECIALLY WHEN HE'S INJURED!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Wally450
05-31-2019, 10:32 PM
I think even an injured Iggy can do a decent job on Kawhi. Stay home and defend everyone else and you got it. GS is probably the best team at adjusting, I expect threm to come out more aggressive in G2.

warriorfan
05-31-2019, 10:39 PM
Even if he starts to make them pay, he's not going to be putting up prime Shaq efficiency if they single cover him.

It always amazes me how teams double stars that don't need to be doubled and let role players get wide open shots. I mean it REALLY ALWAYS amazes me.

Playing a star straight up will yield better defense than leaving role players wide the **** open... especially at home. lol.

Kawhi Leonard is really, really good... but he's not prime Shaq or prime MJ. He doesn't need to be treated as such, ESPECIALLY WHEN HE'S INJURED!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

I agree. It depends on the situation and this is one where we shouldn

E_Stamkos
05-31-2019, 10:58 PM

Ditto

I'm all for doubling in spaces but not a proponent of game planning around it.

Especially these days where so many players are adept at shooting.

DocSlam
05-31-2019, 11:12 PM
Danny Green gets into early foul trouble. Norman Powell comes in and drops 20 on GSW. VanVleet has a double double throwing dimes to everyone. Raps lead 2-0 in the series. Oh yeah, Lowry has a late steal and a late 3-pointer so that he can feel like he contributed to the win :D

superduper
06-01-2019, 01:23 AM
Danny Green gets into early foul trouble. Norman Powell comes in and drops 20 on GSW. VanVleet has a double double throwing dimes to everyone. Raps lead 2-0 in the series. Oh yeah, Lowry has a late steal and a late 3-pointer so that he can feel like he contributed to the win :D

Lmao. Yeah that was last game, he's been solid af otherwise these playoffs.

Oh man GSW is gonna come out swinging. They weren't nearly as focused and fired as they've proven to be. They will be.

bison
06-01-2019, 05:56 AM
another good Toronto defensive performance. Gsw goes down 0-2.

hold this L
06-01-2019, 08:11 AM
Hopefully no awful Kawhi trap, play him straight up. Ohh, Warriors are also taking game 2.

sdot_thadon
06-01-2019, 12:06 PM
We're due for a clutch Klay sighting, when the chips are down he always shows up.

insidehoops
06-01-2019, 02:55 PM
I think the Warriors put a bit TOO MUCH defensive attention on Kawhi. Too many other Raptors seemed excessively open.

ArbitraryWater
06-01-2019, 03:25 PM
2-0

damn joke this game aint tonight

Phenith
06-01-2019, 04:46 PM
I think the Warriors put a bit TOO MUCH defensive attention on Kawhi. Too many other Raptors seemed excessively open.

The Raps have been creating these opportunities all year, the big reason the Philly series went to 7 and the Bucks series started off so rough was that they just weren't hitting the wide open shots they were getting. Once they got the jitters out, they swept the last 4 games against the Bucks and took game one of the finals. It almost looks like they have figured out playoff basketball finally.

The Raps are the best defense the Warriors have had to play against in the finals. The Warriors are going to be in trouble if the Raps keep hitting their open shots and keep getting someone from the bench to step up each game.

highwhey
06-01-2019, 04:52 PM
yep. Marc Gasol was wide open on many shots.

I think by game 2 Kerr will make the adjustment of not covering Kawhi so much. Seems smarter to have Kawhi go off and live with the results. He can drop 40 but if his teammates aren't too involved, their offense won't go off like in Game 1. we'll see. Pop used this strategy against the Suns back in the day, he'd let Amar'e drop 40pts that way the rest of the offense including Nash weren't too active.

red1
06-01-2019, 04:53 PM
warriors by 100

AlternativeAcc.
06-01-2019, 05:12 PM
The Raps have been creating these opportunities all year, the big reason the Philly series went to 7 and the Bucks series started off so rough was that they just weren't hitting the wide open shots they were getting. Once they got the jitters out, they swept the last 4 games against the Bucks and took game one of the finals. It almost looks like they have figured out playoff basketball finally.

The Raps are the best defense the Warriors have had to play against in the finals. The Warriors are going to be in trouble if the Raps keep hitting their open shots and keep getting someone from the bench to step up each game.
This is the important nugget

Raps have just enough firepower on offense and elite defense to jump on the Warriors without Durant.

They win in 4 or 5 if Durant were to be out the whole series.

Raptors win tonight by 5, despite klay getting hot from 3 in the 2nd half

LostCause
06-01-2019, 07:05 PM
I wanna say Warriors will bounce back strong

But I

HylianNightmare
06-02-2019, 08:44 AM
Warriors by 10+

k0kakw0rld
06-02-2019, 11:29 AM
We have been disrespected since the Orlando Magic series. Durant not playing they ain't winning. People act like outside of Steph and Klay they have much weapons? :facepalm

Draymond and Iggy better start making their open shots because we will still be all over Steph and Klay which will be looking for him to put the ball on the floor.

If Durant's out we have a good chance to protect our home court. Toronto got players that can play and people will learn this year.

Joshua went down and got humbled. Every champion has lost (except Floyd) :oldlol: It's GSW's turn to go down.

k0kakw0rld
06-02-2019, 09:08 PM
They gonna respect us and our damn defense.

Where y'all haters at? :roll:

imdaman99
06-02-2019, 09:50 PM

:biggums: you like blowing your load early don't you?

highwhey
06-02-2019, 09:58 PM

jinxed it :facepalm