PDA

View Full Version : Washing Shoes in the Washing Machine...

Targus
06-24-2007, 07:39 PM
wondering if i should do this or not. I've got some messed up retro IV Mars that would look clean for basketball if i washed them up some. So do shoes like this get messed up if thrown in the washer and then dryer? thanks. :cheers:

qwerty
06-24-2007, 09:22 PM
do it.

Targus
06-24-2007, 09:35 PM
do it.
yeah thanks for clarifying it up for me i wasn't sure if they'll get ****ed up even more. :cheers:

Unreal Skill
06-24-2007, 09:52 PM
I wouldn't recommended...the shoes are made form leather and water can damage them. Just use mild soap and water on a paper towel and gently scrub away the dirts.

Targus
06-24-2007, 10:20 PM
I wouldn't recommended...the shoes are made form leather and water can damage them. Just use mild soap and water on a paper towel and gently scrub away the dirts.

i thought so too but my friend had the same shoes, washed'em, and they looked pretty clean.

BostonsAccent
06-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Well you defianetly don't put them in the dryer, because it melts or some **** like that I heard. But the washer, eh, I threw some forces in there and they came out alright.

StroShow4
06-24-2007, 11:20 PM
i personally wouldn't even consider doing that.. i am extremely careful with my sneakers though so if you dont really care if the shoes get damaged go for it.

DatZNasty
06-26-2007, 02:30 AM
go for it. your shoes will be fine, you should be more concerned about your washing machine. trick is to put in some towels and sheets with them to make sure they don't thump around and beat up the washing machine. take the laces out and stuff a sock in the front like when you first buy them how they have the paper in there. I do it all the time with mine and never had a problem, especially white shoes. If a shoe is nubuck and colored, it might get lighter some but it'll get damn clean and the traction will be ridiculous.

Don't put them in the dryer obviously

bigboi_baller
06-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Washer is fine, take off the laces.

Dryer is a big no-no. Let them dry in our nice California sun, but stuff them with some newspaper or something before you set them to dry.

hateraid
06-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Wash it in cold and stick em in a pillow case. Make sure they're all leather. Nubuck or seude will run. Make sure you use gentle cylce. As Datz says, throw some towels in there, you don't want them thunping around.

cdub1591
07-06-2007, 04:28 PM
I wouldnt recommend it...