PDA

View Full Version : Wait. No KD or Klay. Raptors let the Warriors stay in the game most of the game.

Walk on Water
06-06-2019, 12:12 AM
The Warriors were within 10 points or less most of the game and had chances to cut it down to like 5 but they missed the easiest shots and free throws. Without KD and Klay, why weren't the Raptors winning by like 35 points? I don't understand. It was within range until the very end.

If you're a Raptors fan, can you at least admit you're a little disappointed that you couldn't control the game and win by much more? You're facing a team that is missing 2 All Stars and their center.

Velocirap31
06-06-2019, 12:17 AM
Curry is the reason the game was sort of close throughout. He played one of the best games of his career. A win is a win, onto the next.

k0kakw0rld
06-06-2019, 12:17 AM
I am happy we are up 2-1 with the opportunity to steal game 4. It's a basketball game and they are all humans. Warriors players can have bad games too. Whoever is active plays, no excuses.

Why you acting like a b!tch tho? :confusedshrug:

Walk on Water
06-06-2019, 12:19 AM
I am happy we are up 2-1 with the opportunity to steal game 4. It's a basketball game and they are all humans. Warriors players can have bad games too. Whoever is active plays, no excuses.

Why you acting like a b!tch tho? :confusedshrug:

No this is BS. The NBA should allow teams to WAIT a few days to rest up when they need to. Otherwise why play a whole season just to play only on the selected days when they might be hurt?

Klay got hurt because Danny Green tried to hurt him.

Walk on Water
06-06-2019, 12:20 AM
Curry is the reason the game was sort of close throughout. He played one of the best games of his career. A win is a win, onto the next.

A win is not a win! Curry didn't have help. Nobody else could make a thing! Danny Green hurt Klay. Leonard hurt Looney.

red1
06-06-2019, 12:21 AM
OP, are you fully there upstairs?

you come across like you have some condition. something like autism.

Velocirap31
06-06-2019, 12:23 AM
It's late OP. Call it a night.

LAmbruh
06-06-2019, 12:24 AM
Welfarefan on suicide watch, someone toss him a crack rock :oldlol:

Warriors -6.5 favorites to win tonight per Vegas

Curry ball killing the team, no one can get in rhythm

Walk on Water
06-06-2019, 12:27 AM

Curry had no help!

Proctor
06-06-2019, 12:29 AM

You gotta know OP is Akrazotile's "snowflake" account. It's so blatantly obvious too....his uncreative stench follows him. :roll:

AlternativeAcc.
06-06-2019, 12:40 AM
In the game of currys career, Warriors get blown out by double digits at home. :lol

Sounds about right :roll: :roll:

Walk on Water
06-06-2019, 03:54 AM
In the game of currys career, Warriors get blown out by double digits at home. :lol

Sounds about right :roll: :roll:

Didn

3ball
06-06-2019, 04:16 AM
The Raptors settled into the superior rhythm/scoring frequency and controlled the Warriors all game

So the Warriors are only down 9 points, and it seems like they could win, right?

But those 9 points are a function of an ingrained inferior scoring frequency and rhythm - to make up the 9 points, they need to completely change the game - simply going on a one-off, 9-point run won't do it - the raps will simply resume their superior scoring frequency once the one-off run is over

Halftime can change things and allow a reset, but if the raps are still leading midway thru the 3rd, it's highly unlikely the Warriors can win

The Warriors did the same thing to the Raps in Game 2 .. So Drake was cheering hard in the 4th because it looked like the Raps were within striking distance, but it was highly unlikely the raps could comeback - both teams were playing hard with established scoring rhythms - there wasn't much room for the Raps to "turn it up a notch".. they needed to establish a better flow earlier in the game

Here's a better example... I remember playing 9 games of 1-on-1 with an NBDL player a while back (G league).. And our first game was close, but late in the match I discovered a new move that worked on him.. This gave me a severe advantage for the rest of that game because now he had to guard against this new move, which opened all my other shit back up.. I was able to close him out because of this... But this kind of thing is rare... Most of the time, both sides have seen everything the other team has and whatever rhythm has been established plays out

Walk on Water
06-06-2019, 04:24 AM
The Raptors settled into the superior rhythm/scoring frequency and controlled the Warriors all game

So the Warriors are only down 9 points, and it seems like they could win, right?

But those 9 points are a function of an ingrained inferior scoring frequency and rhythm - to make up the 9 points, they need to completely change the game - simply going on a one-off, 9-point run won't do it - the raps will simply resume their superior scoring frequency once the one-off run is over

Halftime can change things and allow a reset, but if the raps are still leading midway thru the 3rd, it's highly unlikely the Warriors can win

The Warriors did the same thing to the Raps in Game 2 .. So Drake was cheering hard in the 4th because it looked like the Raps were within striking distance, but it was highly unlikely the raps could comeback - both teams were playing hard with established scoring rhythms - there wasn't much room for the Raps to "turn it up a notch".. they needed to establish a better flow earlier in the game

Here's a better example... I remember playing 9 games of 1-on-1 with an NBDL player a while back (G league).. he was better than me.. And our first game was close, but late in the match I discovered a new move that worked on him.. This gave me a severe advantage for the rest of that game because now he had to guard against this new move, which opened all my other shit back up.. I was able to close him out because of this... But this kind of thing is rare... Most of the time, both sides have seen everything the other team has and whatever rhythm has been established plays out

Huh???

3ball
06-06-2019, 04:31 AM
Huh???
Basically, the raps got a 10-point lead and it was a stalemate from there - only something exceptional was going to break the stalemate

the raps aren't going to increase the lead and the Warriors won't make a lasting dent without changing the game somehow - either running a new play that works and opens up their regular shit, or having a player "step up", which opens it up for other players

So a 10-point lead isn't as surmountable as it seems, without something exceptional breaking the stalemate that both teams have settled into

Walk on Water
06-06-2019, 05:19 AM
Basically, the raps got a 10-point lead and it was a stalemate from there - only something exceptional was going to break the stalemate

the raps aren't going to increase the lead and the Warriors won't make a lasting dent without changing the game somehow - either running a new play that works and opens up their regular shit, or having a player "step up", which opens it up for other players

So a 10-point lead isn't as surmountable as it seems, without something exceptional breaking the stalemate that both teams have settled into

The Warriors went on an 18 to 0 run last game so 10 is nothing and they had many chances. They missed wide open shots to cut to to like 6. They missed 3 out of 4 free throws on one sequence.

3ball
06-06-2019, 05:44 AM
The Warriors went on an 18 to 0 run last game so 10 is nothing and they had many chances. They missed wide open shots to cut to to like 6. They missed 3 out of 4 free throws on one sequence.
The 18 point run was at the start of the 3rd, no?

That's the exception, the reset opportunity that I mentioned

And I'm not saying that teams can't make runs at other times in games.. But on average in a tight, high-level game, it's a stalemate

Walk on Water
06-06-2019, 06:37 AM
I know at full health my Warriors would beat Toronto. Toronto is really lucky right now.

Sakkreth
06-06-2019, 06:45 AM
I know at full health my Warriors would beat Toronto. Toronto is really lucky right now.

Injuries suck heh? Too bad Spurs, Rockets and Cavs were injured vs GSW in recent years playoffs too :confusedshrug:

Bronbron23
06-06-2019, 06:51 AM
A win is not a win! Curry didn't have help. Nobody else could make a thing! Danny Green hurt Klay. Leonard hurt Looney.
So now curry knows what the rest of the league feels. What kind of help does kawhi have? What kind of help did Lou Williams have? What kind of help did James harden have? What kind of help did dame have? None of those guys had anyone as good as green.

Doranku
06-06-2019, 06:59 AM
Imagine instead of Draymond & Cousins out there, you've got Tristan Thompson and Timofey Mozgov.

That's what the Warriors faced for 5/6 games in 2015. :lol Nobody feels bad for the Warriors.

k0kakw0rld
06-06-2019, 08:37 AM
[QUOTE=Walk on Water]Didn