PDA

View Full Version : Draymond Green is getting way too much love from the Refs defensively

k0kakw0rld
06-06-2019, 12:14 AM
I've noted multiple obvious he committed during the game that the refs have let slide. Especially down the stretch. (Playoff basketball bullshit) I am not questioning that he's a good defender. But they make him look a lot better than he already is.

The 2 most obvious are

1-The steal he made on Ibaka who tried to pass it to Kawhi. Clearly fouled Ibaka that resulted into a Turnover.

2-He bumped into VanVleet who drained the 3 to ice the game. *No call

Any other examples you may have noticed? :confusedshrug:

3-He also got rewarded with a charge on Kawhi with one foot on the line

That's 3 now...:facepalm

k0kakw0rld
06-06-2019, 07:50 AM
This is actually a great topic of conversation. I've always said this about Draymond Green. He is a good defender but man they allow him to do whatever he wants out there. For some reason he believes that he never fouls a single soul. BUT HE COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG.

He is like the "Giannis or the LeBron of defense. He will grab you, foul you in such smart ways that the refs can't see shit. But the replays show most the time that his steals ain't always clean. He moves a lot when screening his opponent too.

This is a serious topic. I wanted to know If I was the only one seeing it.

FKAri
06-06-2019, 08:27 AM
I haven't noticed this or haven't paid much attention to it when it comes to Draymond. Defensive rep plays a big part in foul calls. Dray does seem to get away with a lot yapping with the refs. I think the refs measure guys on a scale for that. If Kawhi got as animated as Dray it would be a tech due to relative expectations.

k0kakw0rld
06-06-2019, 08:32 AM
This is the foul on VanVleet they didn't call. If it was Curry they would've called it.

https://zupimages.net/up/19/23/rt8z.gif (http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=19/23/rt8z.gif) :facepalm

Prior to the foul, Kawhi got fouled on the double team (gets bumped by Mckinnie) but no foul called.

Phenith
06-06-2019, 08:47 AM
I haven't noticed this or haven't paid much attention to it when it comes to Draymond. Defensive rep plays a big part in foul calls. Dray does seem to get away with a lot yapping with the refs. I think the refs measure guys on a scale for that. If Kawhi got as animated as Dray it would be a tech due to relative expectations.

Right there is the answer, rep as an all NBA defensive player gives him the mindset to be over aggressive until they call it.

But it's not just these sequences that are bad calls... the reffing has be bad BOTH WAYS all series. And by that I mean that the calls are horribly inconsistent, they aren't calling the game the same on both ends of the floor and it's really hard for players to get into a flow when they don't know what's going to be called.

Scott Foster is easily the worst ref in the playoffs, pretty much every time he refs a game I get frustrated with what he calls and doesn't call, it flip flops all over the place, it definitely feels like he picks his times to make a call regardless if there is a foul or not.

k0kakw0rld
06-06-2019, 08:48 AM
How about 9 missed calls against the home Team in Houston in a game 7? :oldlol:

All 9 MISSED foul calls by the refs against the Rockets - RIGGED? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYveyAb6mvU)

ImKobe
06-06-2019, 08:50 AM
Green is allowed to play physical defense, unless he's going up against Lebron.

The way I see it, home teams always get the benefit of the doubt from the refs in the Playoffs, I saw Raptors hacking Curry all 4th quarter of Game 2 with no calls. Cavs won the 2016 title thanks to the refs swallowing their whistles on defense, yet they were allowed to hack Curry.

Bronbron23
06-06-2019, 09:59 AM
Yeah he does but so what he's one of the best defenders in the game. All of the top offensive players get away with way more offensively. Travels, push offs and carrying the ball on a regular. Steph even got away with a blatant up and down last night.

FKAri
06-06-2019, 10:02 AM
Refs don't have an easy job. It's hard as hell to call a game right, especially with so many people acting, flopping, embellishing, yapping, and the game being played at such a furious pace.

SouBeachTalents
06-06-2019, 10:07 AM
This is the foul on VanVleet they didn't call. If it was Curry they would've called it.

https://zupimages.net/up/19/23/rt8z.gif (http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=19/23/rt8z.gif) :facepalm

Prior to the foul, Kawhi got fouled on the double team (gets bumped by Mckinnie) but no foul called.
You mean the play Kawhi got away with a blatant travel :lol

Bronbron23
06-06-2019, 10:17 AM
You mean the play Kawhi got away with a blatant travel :lol
Yup was almost as bad as Steph's blatant up and down

Wally450
06-06-2019, 10:31 AM
Yup was almost as bad as Steph's blatant up and down

And his carry at the end of the 1st quarter. :lol

red1
06-06-2019, 10:37 AM
draymond is a dirty disgusting donkey-faced bitch. hate that dude.

the league should instantly ban him the next time he kicks someone in the balls or injures a player.

Kblaze8855
06-06-2019, 10:58 AM
Great defenders are usually more active and aggressive and if called like normal lazy defenders who dont probe or swipe or try to alter shots many of them would be in foul trouble every game. The benefit of star calls is still well in favor of the offense though.

red1
06-06-2019, 03:35 PM
it's like the refs are scared to offend him even though he argues back for the most obvious calls.

dray must have some dirt on the refs and their wives it's the only explanation that makes sense.

RRR3
06-06-2019, 03:37 PM
Green is allowed to play physical defense, unless he's going up against Lebron.

The way I see it, home teams always get the benefit of the doubt from the refs in the Playoffs, I saw Raptors hacking Curry all 4th quarter of Game 2 with no calls. Cavs won the 2016 title thanks to the refs swallowing their whistles on defense, yet they were allowed to hack Curry.
Green is allowed to ****ing clobber LeBron. For once in your life stop being a liar on here.

Replay32
06-06-2019, 05:03 PM
it's like the refs are scared to offend him even though he argues back for the most obvious calls.

dray must have some dirt on the refs and their wives it's the only explanation that makes sense.

IMO, it really got bad after his 2016 suspension. He got suspended on Technical points and the media pushed the narrative that it cost the Warriors a title. I've noticed the refs aren't as quick to give a tech and they damn sure won't eject him. He wave is arms, yell "and one", yell at the refs "that call was bullshit" and get in the refs face. They'll just let it go like a bunch of pansies.

In this year's playoffs, he's been pretty chill though for the most part.

red1
06-06-2019, 05:08 PM
IMO, it really got bad after his 2016 suspension. He got suspended on Technical points and the media pushed the narrative that it cost the Warriors a title. I've noticed the refs aren't as quick to give a tech and they damn sure won't eject him. He wave is arms, yell "and one", yell at the refs "that call was bullshit" and get in the refs face. They'll just let it go like a bunch of pansies.
and he flails his arms and yells like an aggressive little kid right in their face when he doesn't get his way. mike breen was literally complimenting him for acting like a normal person: "this is the new draymond" <- so we're giving credit now just for not acting like a retard?. :oldlol:

stalkerforlife
06-06-2019, 05:12 PM
Green is allowed to ****ing clobber LeBron. For once in your life stop being a liar on here.

:roll:

Such a delusional liar.