View Full Version : Rank these achievements in order of greatness/importance

Mask the Embiid
06-06-2019, 08:19 AM
MVP + Ring

Hall of Fame + Ring

FMVP + Ring

NBA All-Star + Ring

1st Team All-NBA + Ring

Rank each in order.Example you win MVP + a ring but dont get Finals MVP.

No agendas for once please.Above is my list in order. what is yours?

3ball
06-06-2019, 09:20 AM
MVP + Ring

Hall of Fame + Ring

FMVP + Ring

NBA All-Star + Ring

1st Team All-NBA + Ring

Fmvp + Ring is #1, because you must be the most important reason your team won the Finals

Second place would be mvp + ring... Then HOF, then 1st team, then all-star

Btw, if you include scoring champ, the goat is the only one that got all of them in 1 season (scoring champ, MVP, fmvp, ring, all-star, 1st team all-nba)

And if you include 1st team all defense - only the goat got everything in 1 season (scoring champ, 1st team all-defense, MVP, fmvp, ring, all-star, 1st team all-nba)

chains5000
06-06-2019, 09:24 AM
Hall of Fame + Ring
MVP + Ring
1st Team All-NBA + Ring
FMVP + Ring
NBA All-Star + Ring

DaHeezy
06-06-2019, 02:49 PM
Fmvp + Ring is #1, because you must be the most important reason your team won the Finals

Btw, if you include scoring champ, the goat is the only one that got all of them in 1 season (scoring champ, MVP, fmvp, ring, all-star, 1st team all-nba)

And if you include 1st team all defense - only the goat got everything in 1 season (scoring champ, 1st team all-defense, MVP, fmvp, ring, all-star, 1st team all-nba)

So in other words whatever Jordan did would be your criteria for most important

John8204
02-10-2022, 06:55 AM
MVP + Ring
1st Team All-NBA + Ring
Hall of Fame + Ring
FMVP + Ring
NBA All-Star + Ring

I don't know if anyone has gotten a ring and been 1st Team and not made the Hall but I do know players can get a ring not make 1st team and make the Hall

SATAN
02-10-2022, 06:57 AM
MVP + Ring

Hall of Fame + Ring

FMVP + Ring

NBA All-Star + Ring

1st Team All-NBA + Ring

So many of those things come down to actually having an ideal team. LeBron is the best to ever do it. No point playing semantics.

expansionera
02-10-2022, 08:50 AM
FMVP + Ring
>
MVP + Ring
>
1st team
Hall of Fame
All Star

John_Connor
02-10-2022, 08:52 AM
"where's 30 point triple doubles and playoff point totals?" - Steve

Gudo
02-10-2022, 11:52 AM
MVP + ring (intensity maintained from the RS to PO)

GrayGoat
02-10-2022, 11:59 AM

Actually no. Ring, fmvp, and dpoy is the goat standard

SouBeachTalents
02-10-2022, 12:25 PM
MVP + ring. Even if you don't get FMVP, you were still the best player on your team.

1st Team All-NBA + ring. Even if you don't get FMVP, you were at worst a top 5 player in the league

FMVP + ring. Even if you weren't an all-star, if you win FMVP you contributed in an all-star caliber way. I'd easily consider winning a FMVP a greater honor than being a mere all-star selection.

All-Star + ring. I'm honestly not a huge fan of breaking down players by all-star selection. You can be an all-star and not even be one of the two best players on your team, and you can go on to have a disappointing playoff run. You can also not be an all-star due to injury/being snubbed and go on to have a great playoff run and be a major contributor to your team. This aligns perfectly with the LeBron idiots on this forum, the haters who argue Wade/Bosh were all-stars when they didn't play anything like it in 2013, and the stans who argue that LeBron won with zero all-stars in 2016 like that invalidates Kyrie's contributions.

Hall of Fame + ring. Someone like Mitch Richmond would be applicable for this. Ditto guys like 2011 Kidd & '03 Robinson. So this has the potential to easily be the weakest ring of the available options.

rmt
02-10-2022, 03:11 PM
MVP + Ring

Hall of Fame + Ring

FMVP + Ring

NBA All-Star + Ring

1st Team All-NBA + Ring

Why don't you just take off "+ Ring"?

TheGoatest
02-10-2022, 05:11 PM
1st team All-NBA is the fairest measurement for greatness across the generations.
It's the only individual honor that has existed since the league's inaugural 1946-47 season, and therefore the only individual honor where you can compare someone like George Mikan to a modern player straight up.

BigKobeFan
02-10-2022, 05:19 PM
#1 all time scoring list and losing records in the finals >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than all the above