PDA

View Full Version : I'm ready to admit Curry is a disgraceful Finals performer.

Mr. Jabbar
06-07-2019, 11:16 PM
Folds like a lawn chair when its the finals. It comes as no surprise he has gotten almost 0 fmvp votes in 5 finals series. wow!

its not only the shooting, its the fumbles, the bad passes, the hesitation when he shouldn't, the defense, all of it....

pd: but srry bran fans, he is still is head and shoulders above leEast

Vino24
06-07-2019, 11:20 PM
Folds like a lawn chair when its the finals. It comes as no surprise he has gotten almost 0 fmvp votes in 5 finals series. wow!

its not only the shooting, its the fumbles, the bad passes, the hesitation when he shouldn't, the defense, all of it....

LeBrautwurst: 3FMVP
Dingo: 0FMVP

Im so nba'd out
06-07-2019, 11:20 PM
well well well

finally showed your true colors.Kobe fans are now exiting the dingo ride aka the dingo experience

Vino24
06-07-2019, 11:21 PM
Dingo has only faced east teams in the finals.

SamuraiSWISH
06-07-2019, 11:23 PM
Really? He was really good in 2017. And he was pretty good last year besides one bad stinker that lost him FMVP.

You have to look at how he plays though. For how glorious of a shooter as he is, and he’s the greatest shooter of all time, he’s obsessed with it.

There’s not much diversity in his offensive game. Sometimes he falls in love with it and then doesn’t attack the rim. He’s not a great finisher either.

Unlike say Kyrie who is so crafty and nifty around the rim? His offense is more limited.

StrongLurk
06-07-2019, 11:24 PM

It took Kobe SIX finals to win his first finals MVP...didn't seem to be a problem for you in that case...

SamuraiSWISH
06-07-2019, 11:26 PM
It took Kobe SIX finals to win his first finals MVP...didn't seem to be a problem for you in that case...
It

Overdrive
06-07-2019, 11:26 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Really? He was really good in 2017. And he was pretty good last year besides one bad stinker that lost him FMVP.

You have to look at how he plays though. For how glorious of a shooter as he is, and he

SamuraiSWISH
06-07-2019, 11:28 PM
He's a good finisher, but instead of taking save shots he randomly pulls up from 3 after going minutes without an attempt. I think he just tries if he catches fire as that's what he needs to play well.
I agree, that

RRR3
06-07-2019, 11:29 PM
Refs :roll:

StrongLurk
06-07-2019, 11:30 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]It

Dan_Bali
06-07-2019, 11:34 PM
100% true.

He's so far behind Durant, LeB1tch and Kwahi in terms of finals efficiency and testicular fortitude.

bison
06-07-2019, 11:38 PM
Disgraceful. Curry manipulated us.

Cold soul
06-07-2019, 11:39 PM
Curry has always been overrated you won

raprap
06-08-2019, 12:34 AM
This was the biggest game of his career so far and he shat the bed.

stalkerforlife
06-08-2019, 12:36 AM
[QUOTE=Cold soul]Curry has always been overrated you won

sportjames23

I love how Jabbar lured in Bron stans, then ripped out their hearts with that last sentence. :oldlol:

stalkerforlife

Not even close to the biggest game of his career.

Dude has three titles.

bison
06-08-2019, 12:38 AM
Dingo has left me limp.

Hung fam we take the L tonight. It’s natural to get limp every now and then. We’ll pump it up later. This messageboard relies on our stiff contributions

bigkingsfan
06-08-2019, 12:39 AM
I love how Jabbar lured in Bron stans, then ripped out their hearts with that last sentence. :oldlol:
James... don't act like you weren't a Legoat stan.

Cold soul
06-08-2019, 12:41 AM
But he did win a title as the first option.

When was this?? 2015 doesn

red1
06-08-2019, 12:42 AM
OP is a front-runner he only makes predictions and statements when the outcome is almost decided.

What happened to the dingo and the closer™

raprap
06-08-2019, 12:44 AM

Dude has three titles.
Legacy wise? This was. He could

SouBeachTalents
06-08-2019, 12:45 AM
[QUOTE=raprap]Legacy wise? This was. He could

Cold soul
06-08-2019, 12:46 AM
Curry has zero FMVP and it will stay that way.

Mr. Jabbar
[QUOTE=red1]OP is a front-runner he only makes predictions and statements when the outcome is almost decided.

What happened to the dingo and the closer

red1

Dude has three titles.
and zero finals MVPs :confusedshrug:

how can you be such a huge lebron hater claiming asterisk and not realize that curry won his three rings either riding durant or beating a 7-man rotation depleted cavs - curry is great but he definitely hasn't cracked the top-tier of all-time players.

Cold soul
06-08-2019, 12:48 AM
and zero finals MVPs :confusedshrug:

how can you be such a huge lebron hater claiming asterisk and not realize that curry won his three rings either riding durant or beating a 7-man rotation depleted cavs - curry is great but he definitely hasn't cracked the top-tier of all-time players.

Curry was NEVER on that level to be fair he

red1
06-08-2019, 12:50 AM
[QUOTE=Cold soul]Curry was NEVER on that level to be fair he

raprap
06-08-2019, 12:51 AM
Nah, it was clearly 2016 Game 7
Imo this series is bigger for his legacy (fmvp and all that narrative bs)

Ironically, this skyrockets KDs rings. If this is the last time we see the Warriors in the finals, we wouldn

Cold soul
06-08-2019, 12:52 AM
[QUOTE=red1]I agree. unfortunately I've had posters on here telling me for years that curry > lebron, but just like always, they're wrong here as well.

some of those posters refer to curry as the dingo and to kyrie as the closer

red1
06-08-2019, 12:53 AM
[QUOTE=Cold soul]There

SouBeachTalents
06-08-2019, 12:57 AM
Imo this series is bigger for his legacy (fmvp and all that narrative bs)

Ironically, this skyrockets KDs rings. If this is the last time we see the Warriors in the finals, we wouldn’t stop hearing that the Dubs needed KD to win the last two chips.
I still think 2016 was when he really could've solidified his legacy. He had just won a title, was coming off b2b MVP's, the first unanimous MVP in league history and broke the win record. He really could've claimed the league as his own, but in those Finals LeBron took it away from him. Since then, Durant and now it looks like Kawhi have taken that spot

But I definitely agree this was a HUGE series for Curry. Now, so many narratives regarding his legacy change

Mr. Jabbar
06-08-2019, 01:01 AM

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Clint-Eastwood-Bravo-Reaction-For-a-Few-Dollars-More.gif

Cold soul
06-08-2019, 01:05 AM
I still think 2016 was when he really could've solidified his legacy. He had just won a title, was coming off b2b MVP's, the first unanimous MVP in league history and broke the win record. He really could've claimed the league as his own, but in those Finals LeBron took it away from him. Since then, Durant and now it looks like Kawhi have taken that spot

But I definitely agree this was a HUGE series for Curry. Now, so many narratives regarding his legacy change

Curry was never as good as Kawhi, Durant or Lebron he

coin24
06-08-2019, 04:52 AM
Baby boi can't even make a layup, every time he drives or tries a floater he bricks it..
Massive game 4 and he shits the bed..

Craptors will wrap this up in game 5... pathetic:facepalm

Manny98
06-08-2019, 05:52 AM
Dingo let me down :(

Elosha
06-08-2019, 06:44 AM

You think he might be a bit tired? Is a player allowed that? Is 47 points 6-8 rebounds and assists in game 3 "disgraceful?" :rolleyes: Pls show me the perfect NBA specimen in history who has never had a bad game in the Finals, 100 percent elite. I'll wait. :rolleyes: Ok he doesn't have a Finals MVP. His numbers overall are still very, very good. He just so happened to be playing with/against other ATG's who usually peaked just a bit higher than him. Doesn't mean he's "disgraceful."

ImKobe
06-08-2019, 06:46 AM
Dingo let me down :(

How many times has your king let you down in the Finals? :(

sportjames23
06-08-2019, 07:11 AM
How many times has your king let you down in the Finals? :(

By my count, 6 times. :eek:

ImKobe
06-08-2019, 07:34 AM
By my count, 6 times. :eek:

all we've heard from LeBron stans over the past 2 years is how historic his Finals were, despite going 1/9 in these said games.

"He averaged a triple-double!"

"Look at his GameScore!"

Steph's averaging 33 ppg in these Finals, yet you would think he's putting up 2016 numbers the way he's being murdered on this board.

You can't have it both ways. Either Lebron's stats are meaningless in years he lost as well or Curry's been great despite the 1 - 3 record.

Kawhi's averaging 30/10/4 on 65%TS
Curry's averaging 33/5/6 on 61%TS

But the Warriors are still down 1 - 3. Durant's injured, Klay's missed a game due to injury, Iguodala came into the series off an injury. Why isn't Curry getting the 2015 Lebron treatment?

FKAri
06-08-2019, 10:07 AM
all we've heard from LeBron stans over the past 2 years is how historic his Finals were, despite going 1/9 in these said games.

"Look at his GameScore!"

Steph's averaging 33 ppg in these Finals, yet you would think he's putting up 2016 numbers the way he's being murdered on this board.

You can't have it both ways. Either Lebron's stats are meaningless in years he lost as well or Curry's been great despite the 1 - 3 record.

But the Warriors are still down 1 - 3. Durant's injured, Klay's missed a game due to injury, Iguodala came into the series off an injury. Why isn't Curry getting the 2015 Lebron treatment?
because 2015 Lebron's best teammate outside of just one game where he had Kyrie, was Dellavedova. Curry's only missed Klay for 1 game.

However, the reality is that it's hard to compare because Cavs had a consistent lineup whereas the Warriors have had guys come in and out and not know if they're going to play the next game or not. Guys like Looney, Klay, KD, Cousins, and Iggy. So Curry's had more talent than Lebron, but Lebron's team had more stability.

ninephive
06-08-2019, 10:25 AM

This is a great way of putting it. I compare it (albeit to a lesser degree) to Parker in the 2013 Finals game 6 hitting that game-tying 3 over Lebron, stealing the ball, then putting the Spurs up by 2 with the floater.

If the Spurs make their free throws, he wins a 2nd FMVP and does it with one of the most clutch closing sequences ever. Add his Finals G1 game winner, dominance in the WCF sweep against one of the greatest defenses, and outplaying Curry and beating the Steph/Klay/Draymond Warriors the series before, and his legacy skyrockets.

And then if you add him leading the MVP race before he got hurt at the end of the RS, he really would have had one of the best legacy seasons.

But...free throws.

egokiller
06-08-2019, 10:45 AM

2017 game 2 was the biggest game of LeBron's career and a chance to tie the series 1-1 and show the world that he was good enough to beat a GSW team that wasn't injured and he shat the bed also.

Both had their chance to shine, both failed.

Ones a 6 time finals loser, the other one showed us he can't win without KD in the finals unless the other team is missing 2 star players (2015)

Neither Curry or LeBron are at the level of Durant, Kawhi, and Kobe.

Marchesk
06-08-2019, 10:53 AM
Curry is averaging 32.8 with 5.5 assists on 60.8 TS%.

That's not exactly disgraceful. We could compare him to Kobe in the finals, I guess.

SouBeachTalents
06-08-2019, 01:01 PM
This is a great way of putting it. I compare it (albeit to a lesser degree) to Parker in the 2013 Finals game 6 hitting that game-tying 3 over Lebron, stealing the ball, then putting the Spurs up by 2 with the floater.

If the Spurs make their free throws, he wins a 2nd FMVP and does it with one of the most clutch closing sequences ever. Add his Finals G1 game winner, dominance in the WCF sweep against one of the greatest defenses, and outplaying Curry and beating the Steph/Klay/Draymond Warriors the series before, and his legacy skyrockets.

And then if you add him leading the MVP race before he got hurt at the end of the RS, he really would have had one of the best legacy seasons.

But...free throws.
This is so far from being equivalent to what I said I have no choice but to assume you're trolling. Tony Parker's not even top 50, sorry bruh :(

"Look at his GameScore!"

Kobe's such a notoriously bad Finals performer that people describe Jordan's worst Finals performance as being Kobe-eqsue :oldlol:

ninephive
06-08-2019, 01:10 PM
This is so far from being equivalent to what I said I have no choice but to assume you're trolling. Tony Parker's not even top 50, sorry bruh :(
That

FromDowntown
06-08-2019, 01:27 PM
2017 was very close as was 2018

2016 he was hurt and 2015 was his 2011 LeBron showing

Doranku
06-08-2019, 01:39 PM
He simply plays too soft to be a dominant performer in the playoffs. He has his flashes, but I've lost a lot of faith in the guy after these 4 games. Disgraceful performance last night.

FromDowntown
06-08-2019, 01:41 PM
He simply plays too soft to be a dominant performer in the playoffs. He has his flashes, but I've lost a lot of faith in the guy after these 4 games. Disgraceful performance last night.

Really?

27/6/4/1 is disgraceful and you're donning a Kobe picture?

egokiller
06-08-2019, 02:13 PM

Damn what a hit to the lebron fam! :eek:

Doranku
06-08-2019, 02:15 PM
Really?

27/6/4/1 is disgraceful and you're donning a Kobe picture?

What would you call his performance last night? Did you watch the game?

egokiller
06-08-2019, 02:17 PM
What would you call his performance last night? Did you watch the game?

Did you just make that fool bring out an april 2019 alt?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Overdrive
06-08-2019, 03:40 PM
2015 was his 2011 LeBron showing

Pardon?

ILLsmak
06-08-2019, 05:29 PM
He's definitely volatile. Inconsistent etc. I wasn't gonna say it but that's one of the things you worry about. He's like a low key finals underperformer. I know u all remember that behind the back pass. Haha.

-Smak