PDA

View Full Version : Curry's 3 point chucking is demotivating

90sgoat
06-08-2019, 02:57 PM
Curry has a great ability to create runs for his team with his daggers when already up.

He also has an ability to be demotivating when the team struggles.

Someone makes a tough defensive stop and Curry just chucks a 3 seconds into the offense.

That shit is very demotivating. It's his main weakness.

egokiller
06-08-2019, 03:07 PM
The NBA is trying to make up for an MJ-less league by having a rule set that condones more 3 point shooting by prohibiting players to hand check and play proper defense like what MJ had to deal with. They've done a horrible job at this and should have just accepted the fact that a league without MJ is a more watered down product but leave the rules the same. They fvcked themselves and then made it worse by trying to prop up a fraud that failed in the finals 6 times despite their best efforts to try and have the guy come away with a positive finals record. Now they are trying to prop up a guy who is an excellent 3 point shooter but it looks bad because of all the chucking. Why? Because the next best thing is a slow, lethargic version of MJ that makes it even more obvious. It's been comical watching this league scramble and pull their hair out over having to make up for an MJ-less NBA viewing experience and every time they try something it just doesn't work. Only kids who never saw the old rule set are fooled.

imdaman99
06-08-2019, 03:10 PM
Yep. And there were studies done, he chucks more when they are up 10+

If that's not definition of a front runner, I don't know what is :lol

ninephive
06-08-2019, 03:13 PM
Curry has a great ability to create runs for his team with his daggers when already up.

Someone makes a tough defensive stop and Curry just chucks a 3 seconds into the offense.

That shit is very demotivating. It's his main weakness.
Curry is the epitome of a frontrunner. His 3-point runs are almost always when his team is up by 5-10. He can push a lead to 15-20 in 3 or 4 possessions, but if he goes cold at worst it

Draz
06-08-2019, 03:16 PM
He should just continue to drive to the basket. He's great at that but he settles too much. Like a power trip.

egokiller
06-08-2019, 04:39 PM
He should just continue to drive to the basket. He's great at that but he settles too much. Like a power trip.

It's an energy conservation thing. A pull up 3 consumes much less than a full on drive to the hoop.

ArbitraryWater
06-08-2019, 05:03 PM
Curry is the epitome of a frontrunner. His 3-point runs are almost always when his team is up by 5-10. He can push a lead to 15-20 in 3 or 4 possessions, but if he goes cold at worst it’s a tie game.

There is definitely some truth to this...

puts his head down too often and becomes disengaged or not in tact with the game, disintegrated.

Take the 2015 Finals, had a bad series, momentum swing by Iggy, he did his thing with the team up in game 5...

2016 WCF, had his patent shooting spree in game 2 already after Iggy balloon'ed the game to end the half and they were up 10. In game 6 Klay got the lead and Curry put it away.

2016 Finals, again lesser seen with the game in the balance.

2017 playoff run was rarely close but he did put the work in in the WCF G1 and was the main reason for that comeback win besides the injury.

2018 WCF G6, put it over the top after Klay got them back in it.

2018 Finals his best moments came in game 2 after playing with house money, not in the one close game 1 (game 3 was just an off night and series wasnt really close anymore).

2019 WCSF G5, Klay keeps the team in the game through 3 quarters, Curry finishes them off.

Couldnt rally the troops and stop the bleeding, answer the bell in Finals game 1, 4 when the team needed someone.

He often puts games out of reach once teammates rallied/made the comeback, made it close again or got the lead and got it up to a few possessions, which is when he was in better moods again and finished it off when already in winning position.

In contrast to these:
Great 2016 WCF G7 start to finish, 2018 WCF G7 albeit after some refereeing gifts

P.S: Curry >>>>> Parker

j3lademaster
06-08-2019, 05:07 PM

That shit is very demotivating. It's his main weakness.Agreed. It's also the body language though; the slouching of the shoulders when it doesn't go his way, chewing his mouthguard, looking generally disinterested/ unmotivated.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Consistency is my only "critique".

Steph has a lot of these off games. Like when his 3PT shot isn't falling...that's it. There's not much impact there.

Overdrive
06-08-2019, 05:16 PM

Steph has a lot of these off games. Like when his 3PT shot isn't falling...that's it. There's not much impact there.

As I said yesterday and for years now. He's lacking an inbetween game. He can'f fall back on anything. He misses his first 6 threes? He'll randomly chuck one up to check if he starts to hit them again. If he misses one or two of these random chucks he'll stay cold for the game.

Other players would take high % shots to get into rhythm, he simply doesn't or can't.

To be fair those off games are rare, but they happened in any finals series atleast once so far.

ArbitraryWater
06-08-2019, 05:17 PM
AS I said yesterday and for years now. He's lacking an inbetween game. He can'T fall back on anything. He misses his first 6 threes? He'll randomly chuck one up to check if he starts to hit them again. If he misses one or two of these random chucks he'll stay cold for the game.

Other players would take high % shots to get into rhythm, he simply doesn't or can't.

He attacks the rim and for layups/floaters occasionally and does so a lot to get back in rhythm

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-08-2019, 05:21 PM
As I said yesterday and for years now. He's lacking an inbetween game. He can'f fall back on anything. He misses his first 6 threes? He'll randomly chuck one up to check if he starts to hit them again. If he misses one or two of these random chucks he'll stay cold for the game.

To be fair those off games are rare, but they happened in any finals series atleast once so far.

Yeah.

Saying "a lot" was hyperbole...but these games seem more frequent in the playoffs. Especially against a physical defense.

NBAGOAT
06-08-2019, 05:31 PM
Most people here are underestimating the inconsistency of other superstars

Overdrive
06-08-2019, 05:38 PM
He attacks the rim and for layups/floaters occasionally and does so a lot to get back in rhythm

Yeah he does that, but the Raptors are good at denying him lanes. Some sort of midrange game would help.

90sgoat
06-08-2019, 06:24 PM
He is definitely no Kyrie Irving.

Kyrie can get his shot off every time, every where.

SouBeachTalents
06-08-2019, 06:30 PM

True, Curry never played as badly as Kyrie did against the Bucks

90sgoat
06-08-2019, 06:43 PM
True, Curry never played as badly as Kyrie did against the Bucks

Curry was never as clutch as the Kyrie that won the championship while averaging 30ppg.

ArbitraryWater
06-08-2019, 06:44 PM

ya, he's only much better than Kyrie :lol

brooks_thompson
06-10-2019, 02:55 PM

The one thing I noticed in these playoffs due to the lack of Lebron James and his constant production was how inconsistent nearly every star is, save for Durant, Kawhi, Jokic. I think those three are literally the only guys who didn't have several disappointing or let down games.

paksat
06-10-2019, 03:15 PM
The guys a clown

it's like he doesn't take the game seriously half the time

I'm up by 10? Ha nice i'll start chucking to see if I can put on a show and then dance away

I'm down by 10? I'll toss one up, if it misses then i'll defer and.. well hope for the best

I envy someone like prime hungry kyrie getting in his face on offense and defense, MJ would have a ball with this clown

brooks_thompson
06-10-2019, 04:01 PM

This is very true. Once a spoiled rich kid, always a spoiled rich kid. He enjoys rubbing it in people's faces more than he does winning basketball. He may not even realize it, but that's how he acts.

NBASTATMAN
06-10-2019, 04:09 PM
let me know when Curry's team can win 55 games without him and then MJ fans can talk ish.. Til then shut up :oldlol:

ImKobe
06-10-2019, 04:29 PM
The guys a clown

I'm up by 10? Ha nice i'll start chucking to see if I can put on a show and then dance away

I'm down by 10? I'll toss one up, if it misses then i'll defer and.. well hope for the best

I envy someone like prime hungry kyrie getting in his face on offense and defense, MJ would have a ball with this clown

You don't get it, if he's getting a wide open 3 in transition it's one of the best possible shots for his team and he's coached to take that shot, it's part of their game plan, him and Klay both would make a wide open 3 at a very high rate. They're probably up 10 for a reason, usually due to the other team playing poorly on offense and giving them easy transititon opportunities.

It's how they've won so many games over the past 5 years so why would they go away from that in the Finals? Every great player has bad shooting nights but Curry's averaging 33 ppg on 61%TS in the Finals.

egokiller
06-10-2019, 04:59 PM

To be fair, no one in the world can do that like kryie does.

ILLsmak
06-10-2019, 05:01 PM
He's so absolutely money from mid and a good driver (mite as well post this again), as well as being great at drawing fouls, he could have taken on a different role with the wars as depleted as they are.

People talk about Curry's magnetic pull and how he makes the gm so much easier for everyone else, but what about when his team is playing like shit? Meaning it makes no sense to space the floor for bums haha

He could just wet mid after mid. The whole three is better than two is stupid thinking. Sure you look for threes but a made two or drive is better than a missed three or turn over or possession that ends w dray air balling.

Dudes for a great handle. He can easily get 20 pts inside the arc on high efficiency and then fire off some threes when the defender isn't sure. The way Curry's mids splash thru its like a ft, even on the move.

-Smak

egokiller
06-10-2019, 05:02 PM
This is very true. Once a spoiled rich kid, always a spoiled rich kid. He enjoys rubbing it in people's faces more than he does winning basketball. He may not even realize it, but that's how he acts.

That team withou MJ was completely different. It

Mr. Jabbar
06-10-2019, 05:11 PM

quite accurate

egokiller
06-10-2019, 05:19 PM
The worst thing about Curry is the impact he had on 15-20 year olds at the parks and rec centers. 5 guys stand around the arc....an offensive reb attempt is unheard of.

FKAri
06-10-2019, 08:48 PM

Kyrie got shut down by The Bucks :biggums: