PDA

View Full Version : Kerr gets exposed as horrible coach whenever he faces a good team

JohnMax
06-08-2019, 03:36 PM
Good teams like Kyrie Cavs, Durant Thunder and Kawhi Raptors.

sportjames23
06-08-2019, 05:40 PM

I see what you did.

ILLsmak
06-08-2019, 05:45 PM
Kerr is a good coach and was a good gm or pres or whatever he was in phx. I think he's alil soft on his guys though but they've won a lot and it's hard to take that away from him. You'd think with this Mish mash of players he'd be able to do more w dray, klay and curry. I think Gsw is just not motivated. They didn't want the three peat super bad for whatever reason. But of course w o injuries they probably do.

Otoh nick nurse imo is an atg coach. Everyone makes mistakes tho.

-Smak

Bronbron23
06-08-2019, 06:04 PM
No he doesn't Kerr is fine. It's Klay and mainly curry who get exposed. All the teams you mentioned have players that can defend multiple positions. When they switch everything instead of trying to fight through screens like the warriors want curry and Klay struggle to score. Also the warriors can't take advantage of the switching to get curry switched on to a slow big because there is none. Ibaka and siakam can gaurd curry. Gasol can't but he's smart and knows to crowd curry at the three point line and force him to the paint for a contested 2. These teams also consistently attack curry on the offensive end to take advantage of his weak defence. This gives them easy points and also is intended to get curry in foul trouble or tire him out so he's gassed later in the game on the offensive end.

Kerr can't do anything about any of that. He's doing what he can with the pieces he has

bison
06-08-2019, 06:14 PM
How good are these coaches really when they are winning chips on their very first seasons as head coach? First kerr, then Tyrone lue, now nick nurse. Obviously they are on riding on the coattails of the team their predecessors built up over multiple seasons (mark Jackson, blatt and d Casey) and are lucky enough to have once in a generation talent (curry, kd, lebron and Kawhi)