PDA

View Full Version : LeBron went up against more all NBA players in his conference than MJ

Manny98
06-08-2019, 05:34 PM
LeBron: 17

Billups
Walace
Arenas
KG
Pierce
Rondo
Dwight
Rose
Chandler
Melo
PG
Al Jefferson
Drummond
Lowry
DeMar
IT
Oladipo

MJ: 14

Cummings
Moncrief
Bird
McHale
Ewing
Dumars
Barkley
Price
Wilkins
Shaq
Penny
Hardaway
Rice
Miller

I thought LeBron played in a shit conference, then how come he went against more all NBA players than MJ it doesn't make sense :confusedshrug:

SpaceJam2
06-09-2019, 02:18 AM
Bang

Its Ova

ImKobe
06-09-2019, 02:43 AM
Shaq and Barkley alone are better than anyone Lebron's faced in the EC :kobe:

jstern
06-09-2019, 02:48 AM
Vince Carter went up against more than Lebron.

Pacquiao
06-09-2019, 04:28 AM
Lebum so called GOAT can't even lead his team to the playoffs

While you have Lou Williams a bench player with Gallinari as his 2nd best player leading his team to the playoffs

k0kakw0rld
06-09-2019, 05:52 AM
Manny98 you are right! LeBron is better than Jordan.

Now that you won. CAN YOU PLEASE STOP POSTING NON SENSE?

NO ONE CARE S ABOUT YOU IDIOT.

nayte
06-09-2019, 06:07 AM

Billups
Walace
Arenas
KG
Pierce
Rondo
Dwight
Rose
Chandler
Melo
PG
Al Jefferson
Drummond
Lowry
DeMar
IT
Oladipo

Cummings
Moncrief
Bird
McHale
Ewing
Dumars
Barkley
Price
Wilkins
Shaq
Penny
Hardaway
Rice
Miller

I thought LeBron played in a shit conference, then how come he went against more all NBA players than MJ it doesn't make sense :confusedshrug:

Be interesting to rank these. Do u have the years they played each other. Bird, Shaq and barkely are gotta be the hardest. Depends on the years.

Overdrive
06-09-2019, 06:51 AM
Can you add 1st to 3rd team?

Bronbron23
06-09-2019, 06:52 AM

Billups
Walace
Arenas
KG
Pierce
Rondo
Dwight
Rose
Chandler
Melo
PG
Al Jefferson
Drummond
Lowry
DeMar
IT
Oladipo

Cummings
Moncrief
Bird
McHale
Ewing
Dumars
Barkley
Price
Wilkins
Shaq
Penny
Hardaway
Rice
Miller

Damn dude just take a look at that list again. Mj's competition absolutely destroys lebrons. If they were teams that 80's-90's squad would win by 50

G0ATbe
06-09-2019, 07:05 AM
Weak east narrative destroyed just like that:applause: . Either that or Jordan played in an even weaker conference

Manny98
06-09-2019, 07:25 AM
Can you add 1st to 3rd team?

1st: MJ 4

Bird
Barkley
Ewing
McHale

1st: LeBron 3

KG
Dwight
Rose

2nd: MJ 3

Wilkins
Ewing
Shaq

2nd: LeBron 6

Wallace
Billups
Arenas
Gasol
IT
DeRozan

So even if you want to exclude 3rd team selections, LeBron still went through more all NBA players in his own conference

+ i forgot to add Gasol in the OP so its 18 to 14 to LeBron

Phoenix
06-09-2019, 10:47 AM
Quality vs quantity argument. Al Jefferson? Tyson Chandler? Flash in the pan IT? We have '6'1 Gary Payton' topics here every week, but ignore that Lebron's ECFs opponent in 2017 was led by a player who's 5'9 in high heels? Dwight who wasn't relevant after 2011? Lowry and Derozan who, on this board alone, carry the 'Trash Brothers' moniker? Now, because we're simply counting players they're all supposed to be of significance? Half of MJ's list is made up of players who are in your top 50 all-time, or would be if they actually redid that exercise today and didn't include half of Bill Russell's teammates, some of whom probably made that list more because of the dominance of that team and less because they were actually better than Dominique Wilkins. Mourning couldn't even get on the third team in the mid 90's putting up 20/10 going to the conference finals because he was battling Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing, and Robinson. Chris Webber in 97 was doing 20/10 on Washington and didn't sniff the third team. These are the guys MJ was facing who WEREN'T all-NBA players those seasons, but we're name-dropping Al Jefferson like it matters.

Let's think about this for a moment. Outside of KG there isn't a single top 20 level player on Lebron's list here, and he was on the back nine of his prime when Lebron played him. Pierce *may* be borderline top 50. Meanwhile, Shaq? Barkley? Bird? Top 20 players and two are recognized nearly consensus top 10. Ewing? Top 30-35. Mchale? Top 35-40. Reggie? Probably top 45-50.

I mean, Isiah Thomas didn't make the all-nba team after his Bird comments, but we really gonna act like he wasn't better than most of the guys on this list? We gonna act like 88 Isiah dropping 25 on the Lakers in a quarter of the NBA finals doesn't warrant a mention, because he didn't make all NBA-team for 'reasons', while Victor Oladipo did? Isiah led the Pistons to 2 championships doing 19/9 in seasons he WASN'T voted all NBA. Isiah Thomas is a top 25-30 GOAT. This is the game we're playing?

BTW, Anthony Mason also made third team in 97( Charlotte) and they were a 2nd round opponent for the Bulls. So please amend the count. Not that he's of any major consequence but since we're just dropping names :confusedshrug:

EDIT: I was wrong about the Anthony Mason thing above. The Bulls played Charlotte in 98, not 97, and Mason didn't make the 98 all-NBA. Got my seasons mixed up. Everything else stands....

j3lademaster
06-09-2019, 10:54 AM
Quality vs quantity argument. Al Jefferson? Tyson Chandler? Flash in the pan IT? We have '6'1 Gary Payton' topics here every week, but ignore that Lebron's ECFs opponent in 2017 was led by a player who's 5'9 in high heels? Dwight who wasn't relevant after 2011? Lowry and Derozan who, on this board alone, carry the 'Trash Brothers' moniker? Now, because we're simply counting players they're all supposed to be of significance? Half of MJ's list is made up of players who are in your top 50 all-time, or would be if they actually redid that exercise today and didn't include half of Bill Russell's teammates, some of whom probably made that list more because of the dominance of that team and less because they were actually better than Dominique Wilkins. Mourning couldn't even get on the third team in the mid 90's putting up 20/10 going to the conference finals because he was battling Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing, and Robinson. Chris Webber in 97 was doing 20/10 on Washington and didn't sniff the third team. These are the guys MJ was facing who WEREN'T all-NBA players those seasons, but we're name-dropping Al Jefferson like it matters.

Let's think about this for a moment. Outside of KG there isn't a single top 20 level player on Lebron's list here, and he was on the back nine of his prime when Lebron played him. Pierce *may* be borderline top 50. Meanwhile, Shaq? Barkley? Bird? Top 20 players and two are recognized nearly consensus top 10. Ewing? Top 30-35. Mchale? Top 35-40. Reggie? Probably top 45-50.

I mean, Isiah Thomas didn't make the all-nba team after his Bird comments, but we really gonna act like he wasn't better than most of the guys on this list? We gonna act like 88 Isiah dropping 25 on the Lakers in a quarter of the NBA finals doesn't warrant a mention, because he didn't make all NBA-team for 'reasons', while Victor Oladipo did? Isiah led the Pistons to 2 championships doing 19/9 in seasons he WASN'T voted all NBA. Isiah Thomas is a top 25-30 GOAT. This is the game we're playing?

BTW, Anthony Mason also made third team in 97( Charlotte) and they were a 2nd round opponent for the Bulls. So please amend the count. Not that he's of any major consequence but since we're just dropping names :confusedshrug:genuinely interested in seeing how op responds to this.

E_Stamkos
06-09-2019, 10:57 AM
OP is a stupid bitch

Manny98
06-09-2019, 11:09 AM

BTW, Anthony Mason also made third team in 97( Charlotte) and they were a 2nd round opponent for the Bulls. So please amend the count. Not that he's of any major consequence but since we're just dropping names :confusedshrug:
Peak Dwight and KG are on the same level as Barkley and baby Shaq

MVP Rose is better than any guard MJ has ever faced

Prime Melo is a top 7 small forward all time

Wallace and Chandler were DPOY caliber players. Who did MJ ever face that was on the same level defensively as Ben Wallace,KG,Chandler or Dwight

C'mon let's not act like LeBron was playing a bunch of bums in the East

Overdrive
06-09-2019, 11:10 AM
1st: MJ 4

Bird
Barkley
Ewing
McHale

1st: LeBron 3

KG
Dwight
Rose

2nd: MJ 3

Wilkins
Ewing
Shaq

2nd: LeBron 6

Wallace
Billups
Arenas
Gasol
IT
DeRozan

So even if you want to exclude 3rd team selections, LeBron still went through more all NBA players in his own conference

+ i forgot to add Gasol in the OP so its 18 to 14 to LeBron

So Lebron's strongest opponent in the east was past prime KG?

Manny98
06-09-2019, 11:11 AM
OP is a stupid bitch
Your beloved Craptors are about to win its first and only championship tonight, lighten up :cheers:

E_Stamkos
06-09-2019, 11:12 AM
Your beloved Craptors are about to win its first and only championship tonight, lighten up :cheers:

We play tomorrow you stupid bitch

Manny98
06-09-2019, 11:14 AM
So Lebron's strongest opponent in the east was past prime KG?
31 = past prime lol

j3lademaster
06-09-2019, 11:15 AM
So Lebron's strongest opponent in the east was past prime KG?I

ArbitraryWater
06-09-2019, 11:21 AM
ouch

https://i.gyazo.com/99e849ef1566379890d070e64dcaf0bd.gif

Phoenix
06-09-2019, 11:35 AM

Wallace and Chandler were DPOY caliber players. Who did MJ ever face that was on the same level defensively as Ben Wallace,KG,Chandler or Dwight

Peak Dwight and Mourning is a conversation, to even think about comparing to Barkley:rolleyes: . Mourning was a 20/10/3 guy, Dwight was a better rebounder, wouldn't say he had a better offensive arsenal and their shotblocking prowess was about the same. 95 and 96 Shaq pre-peak was more dominant than peak KG was, and Lebron didn't face 'peak' KG. He played....and lost....to end of prime KG in 08, out of prime KG in 10, and only beat him when he teamed with prime Wade.

MVP Rose better than any guard MJ faced? Sure, if somehow Thanos snapped 91 Magic( 19/12, MVP runnerup), 92 Drexler MVP runnerup 25/7/7/2, and DPOY 96 Payton out of existence. I'd also ride with Reggie in a 7 game series before I would with Rose.

Prime Melo top 7 small forward? Well let's see..... Bird, Lebron, Dr.J, KD, Nique, Pippen, Havlicek, Worthy, Rick Barry, English, King. Soooo. No.

DPOY caliber, you were saying? Mutombo won the award the year he faced MJ in the playoffs(97). Does that count as DPOY caliber:confusedshrug: ? Mourning? Ewing?The entire Pistons front fukkin line?

Here's a list of notable players MJ faced in the playoffs who DIDN'T make the all-NBA team the year he faced them:

Dennis Johnson
Robert Parish
Brad Daugherty
Alonzo Mourning
Larry Johnson( the 20/10 grandmama version)
Chris Webber
Dikembe Mutumbo
Rik Smits

Manny98
06-09-2019, 12:00 PM
Peak Dwight and Mourning is a conversation, to even think about comparing to Barkley:rolleyes: . Mourning was a 20/10/3 guy, Dwight was a better rebounder, wouldn't say he had a better offensive arsenal and their shotblocking prowess was about the same. 95 and 96 Shaq pre-peak was more dominant than peak KG was, and Lebron didn't face 'peak' KG. He played....and lost....to end of prime KG in 08, out of prime KG in 10, and only beat him when he teamed with prime Wade.

MVP Rose better than any guard MJ faced? Sure, if somehow Thanos snapped 91 Magic( 19/12, MVP runnerup), 92 Drexler MVP runnerup 25/7/7/2, and DPOY 96 Payton out of existence. I'd also ride with Reggie in a 7 game series before I would with Rose.

Prime Melo top 7 small forward? Well let's see..... Bird, Lebron, Dr.J, KD, Nique, Pippen, Havlicek, Worthy, Rick Barry, English, King. Soooo. No.

DPOY caliber, you were saying? Mutombo won the award the year he faced MJ in the playoffs(97). Does that count as DPOY caliber:confusedshrug: ? Mourning? Ewing?The entire Pistons front fukkin line?

Here's a list of notable players MJ faced in the playoffs who DIDN'T make the all-NBA team the year he faced them:

Dennis Johnson
Robert Parish
Brad Daugherty
Alonzo Mourning
Larry Johnson( the 20/10 grandmama version)
Chris Webber
Dikembe Mutumbo
Rik Smits
Dwight is better than Shaq and Barkley combined defensively + Dwight was a 20/10 guy offensively. i'd rank them as

1. Barkley
2. Dwight
3. Shaq
4. KG

Yes MJ never faced a guard in his own conference as good as MVP Rose

James Worthy better than Prime Melo? Just :facepalm

Mutombo is the only player MJ faced that was on the same level as Dwight/KG/Wallace ok fair enough LeBron still faced more Top tier defensive players

LeBron also faced some great players that didn't make the all NBA team when he faced them

Sheed
RIP Hamilton
Prince
Caron Butler
Vince Carter
Jason Kidd
Ray Allen
Rondo
Joe Johnson
Al Horford
David West
Joakim Noah
Jimmy Butler
Amare

And so on....

SpaceJam2
06-09-2019, 12:17 PM

Bang

Phoenix
06-09-2019, 12:32 PM
Dwight is better than Shaq and Barkley combined defensively + Dwight was a 20/10 guy offensively. i'd rank them as

1. Barkley
2. Dwight
3. Shaq
4. KG

Yes MJ never faced a guard in his own conference as good as MVP Rose

James Worthy better than Prime Melo? Just :facepalm

Mutombo is the only player MJ faced that was on the same level as Dwight/KG/Wallace ok fair enough LeBron still faced more Top tier defensive players

LeBron also faced some great players that didn't make the all NBA team when he faced them

Sheed
RIP Hamilton
Prince
Caron Butler
Vince Carter
Jason Kidd
Ray Allen
Rondo
Joe Johnson
Al Horford
David West
Joakim Noah
Jimmy Butler
Amare

And so on....

Rookie Shaq was a more dominant force than Dwight ever was, never mind what Shaq was by 95. To argue that Dwight's defense put them over Shaq or Barkley is like saying Scottie Pippen's defense puts him over Magic or Bird. Nobody with two functional brain cells would make that argument, nor would they argue that Dwight's defense meant he was a better player than prime/peak Barkley or 'baby' Shaq who was doing 29/13 by his 2nd season. Dwight was the dominant center in an era that had few( and Yao usually got the better of him). To compare what he was doing in the late 00's to Mourning's prime coinciding with Shaq, Ewing, Hakeem, Robinson and Mutumbo is a non-starter, there's simply no argument to be had there. TLDR, Dwight as the dominant center 10 years ago may have a slight overall edge on a guy that couldn't even make the all NBA team 25 years ago due to the competition of his era. That's what we're talking about here.

Derrick Rose was literally, due to health, a flash in the pan. Had one season of superstar ball and this is supposed to mean he was better than what Reggie was doing against the Knicks in 94 and 95 or leading the Pacers to a 7th game against the Bulls in 98? Rose never proved anything, never got the opportunity to in fairness...but it is what it is with him. Nobody with sense would look at their careers in full context and think yeah, in a 7 game series I'd roll with Rose over Reggie. You just wouldn't...well maybe you would....but it's you we're talking about.

You'd like to throw Worthy's name out? No problem. Lebron, Bird, KD, Dr. J, Havlicek, Scottie, Nique, King, Barry. Still not top 7 :confusedshrug:

Alonzo Mourning was a 2 time defensive player of the year and peaked at 4 blocks a game. He was on the level defensively as those guys. Ewing was giving you 3 blocks a night.....on top of 25 a game and 11 rebounds. Ben Wallace only played one side of the court, albeit at a (defensive) MVP level. And again, you namedrop KG like Lebron beat prime KG. He beat 35 year old OUT OF PRIME KG in 2011 when he had D-Wade who was actually the best player that series.

SpaceJam2
06-09-2019, 12:34 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Znx3zhGg/yuyuyuyuyu.gifhttps://i.postimg.cc/Znx3zhGg/yuyuyuyuyu.gifhttps://i.postimg.cc/Znx3zhGg/yuyuyuyuyu.gifhttps://i.postimg.cc/Znx3zhGg/yuyuyuyuyu.gif

Manny98
06-09-2019, 12:43 PM
Orlando Shaq is so overrated, he got absolutely destroyed in the finals by Keem

Phoenix
06-09-2019, 12:54 PM
Orlando Shaq is so overrated, he got absolutely destroyed in the finals by Keem

Hakeem: 33/11/6 51% TS
Shaq: 28/13/6 61% TS

THAT's what you call being destroyed? Hakeem took 42 more shots, an average of 10 more a game over the 4 games, to average 5 more points. Got outrebounded and out-assisted in a head to head positional matchup. Peak Hakeem and 'baby' Shaq.

The Rockets roleplayers greatly outplayed the Magic's and that was the greater difference in the series.

Gus Hemmingway
06-09-2019, 12:58 PM
Hakeem: 33/11/6 51% TS
Shaq: 28/13/6 61% TS

THAT's what you call being destroyed? Hakeem took 42 more shots, an average of 10 more a game over the 4 games, to average 5 more points. Got outrebounded and out-assisted in a head to head positional matchup. Peak Hakeem and 'baby' Shaq.

The Rockets roleplayers greatly outplayed the Magic's and that was the greater difference in the series.

Has Jordan ever gone up against a team as talented as Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka all on the same team?

Phoenix
06-09-2019, 12:59 PM
Has Jordan ever gone up against a team as talented as Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka all on the same team?

In a post about Shaq and Hakeem, Jeff asks me a question about MJ. :lol

Make that money Jeff, by any means. :applause:

Gus Hemmingway
06-09-2019, 01:02 PM
In a post about Shaq and Hakeem, Jeff asks me a question about MJ. :lol

Make that money Jeff, by any means. :applause:

De..Flect...ion :lol

Phoenix
06-09-2019, 01:04 PM
De..Flect...ion :lol

Whatever gets you through the day.

Manny98
06-09-2019, 01:09 PM
The gap between Orlando Shaq and Dwight defensively is roughly the same as the gap offensively

But defense is more valuable than offense when it comes to Centers so Dwight wins :applause:

Overall LeBron simply faced more top tier players in his own conference than MJ

I don't even need to bring up finals competition because that would just be unfair :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
06-09-2019, 01:32 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/99e849ef1566379890d070e64dcaf0bd.gif

Phoenix
06-09-2019, 01:34 PM
The gap between Orlando Shaq and Dwight defensively is roughly the same as the gap offensively

But defense is more valuable than offense when it comes to Centers so Dwight wins :applause:

Actually, it's not even close. For one, Shaq is credibly on a list of all-time great scorers, one of the most dominant in the history of the league. Dwight's offense was never good enough for his defense to make up the difference and anchor a championship team, or he'd have done so a decade ago.

Second, Shaq in his Orlando days was lighter, more nimble and athletic than his Laker days, putting up 3 plus blocks a game....while giving you 29 and 13. Shaq was a far more intimidating defensive presence in Orlando due to his physicality. The fact that Shaq is literally tiers ahead as a scorer and physical presence trumps any defensive edge Dwight may have.

Third, your contention that defense is ultimately a more valuable trait in centers than offense isn't backed by history since the only all-time elite center that anchored a championship team is Bill Russell. That was an exception to the norm. Outside of that, the list is Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Hakeem and Duncan, meaning some combination of being a great scorer and a good to great defensive presence trumps being a defensive center first and a decent scorer which let's face it, Dwight was never more than. Never developed any go-to moves, and completely fell off from one year to the next( 2011 to 2012) once he lost his athletic advantage. Then you can go down to guys like Ewing and Robinson who never won titles as the man, but carried playoff contenders annually during their primes and in both cass they needed to carry their teams offensively AND anchor them defensively. So unsurprisingly, more bullshit from you backed up by very little.

ImKobe
06-09-2019, 01:38 PM

Overall LeBron simply faced more top tier players in his own conference than MJ

I don't even need to bring up finals competition because that would just be unfair :oldlol:

1996 Magic is better than any team Lebron's faced in the EC

Prime Penny with athletic prime Shaq, team won 60 games with Shaq only playing 54 games in the RS. Swept.

bigkingsfan
06-09-2019, 01:43 PM
96 Magic was fragile was hell, especially after Grant got injured. Nick Anderson was never the same after choking those FT's, Penny/Shaq was feuding the entire year.

bullettooth
06-09-2019, 01:44 PM
All those accomplishments only to end up as a 6 time finals losing bum.

LeBron's legacy is already that of Wilt Chamberlains.

Manny98
06-09-2019, 01:46 PM

Prime Penny with athletic prime Shaq, team won 60 games with Shaq only playing 54 games in the RS. Swept.
08 Celtics would crush them

Phoenix
06-09-2019, 01:46 PM

This dude trying to equate peak Dwight with ANY version of Shaq before 2016 is hilarious. Shaq as a rookie was a more dominant force than Dwight ever was.

Manny98
06-09-2019, 01:51 PM
This dude trying to equate peak Dwight with ANY version of Shaq before 2016 is hilarious. Shaq as a rookie was a more dominant force than Dwight ever was.
Dwight had a higher PER, win shares higher True shooting and better plus minus than rookie Shaq and took a no star cast to the NBA finals stop it.

paksat
06-09-2019, 01:53 PM
nobody cares

get a life

95% of the human population believes mj > lebron

some tool like you on ain't changing it on some random forum like this

spend your time elsewhere

Manny98
06-09-2019, 01:58 PM
"Nobody cares"

Then why are you commenting fukk out of my thread you stupid bitch

warriorfan
06-09-2019, 02:00 PM
nobody cares

get a life

95% of the human population believes mj > lebron

some tool like you on ain't changing it on some random forum like this

spend your time elsewhere

:lol

+1

paksat
06-09-2019, 02:00 PM
"Nobody cares"

Because you're too fcking dumb to realize it without someone actually telling you

i'm just gonna block you and the rest of the L3bron herd, ya'll are legit destroying brain cells

SamuraiSWISH
06-09-2019, 02:02 PM
That’s why LeBron is such a puss LOL and why his conference competition on the way to the finals, should be taken with a grain of salt for the number of times he appeared.

It’s not the accomplishment the media or his Stans try to spin it because he’s ultimately not winning many championships.

He faced an aging, back nine Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen Celtic squad.

And then when he was on the Heat, and the Cavs. The only significant teams he faced was a one-man, third-year MVP Derrick Rose Chicago team. A young pup Paul George but mentally challenged Indiana team.

And besides that a bunch of fluky flash in the pan Eastern conference teams, that probably had inflated records at times due to how shit the east was.

Can’t forget those 5’3 IT juggernaut Celtics, or those insurmountable Oladipo Pacer teams.

All of that shit competition, while playing alongside with consolidated superstar PEERS from his own conference.

He didn’t face any of his peers and contemporaries, he joined forces with them.

D-Wade, who for the late 2000’s into the early 2010’s, even with LeBron, was basically a top three to top-five player at various points.

Chris Bosh who was basically Pau Gasol of the East.

And then when he went back to Cleveland to go “home and stay” even though he left four years later, was playing with 2x HOFers and perennial all stars while the competition he faced had maybe 1 all star, and if they did they weren’t 1st or 2nd team caliber players.

LeBron’s competition has been a joke, and OP knows it, that’s why he made this thread. You’re admitting that they suck by compiling a list of names, most of which aren’t even that significant of players.

LeBron’s competition in conference has been a joke.

Even his Finals comp is massively overrated.

2013 and 2014 Spurs? Were old and decrepit. And we will ignore the fact Ray Allen totally saved his career at that point with a series saving shot.

2016 Warriors were overrated. Also hobbled with injury. And he also received some beneficiary league assistance.

2017 was damn near evenly matched. LeBron is the best player on the floor, right? He’s playing with two all stars. Kyrie had proven multiple times he could evenly match or out perform Curry.

And Durant is playing with three all stars. Get it done. No excuses. Play defense. Off set a measly Draymond Green or oft inconsistent Klay Thompson.

They got wrecked and gentleman swept. And for the one game they won, it took the most blistering shooting night ever to not be swept.

The devil is in the details and context.

Even last year. The Cavaliers should’ve won game one. LeBron wanted no parts of that final shot with little Stephanie guarding him to end the game. He then blamed retarded JR Smith for not knowing they had a time out, even though he could’ve called one thus not knowing himself.

And then like the piss poor leader he ... he pouted on the sidelines, and visibly quit heading into overtime.

Adding insult and more excuse making to the narrative. Comes out of the post game 4 press conference, another game where he visibly was disinterested and quit the entire time, with his wife’s nylon stocking crudely wrapped around his hand trying to convince us all he was playing with a broken hand LOL

The guy is a clown to anybody who understands what they’re watching. Talent alone doesn’t make you respectable. LeBozo.

:oldlol:

bullettooth
06-09-2019, 02:03 PM
"Nobody cares"

http://i68.tinypic.com/10515sj.jpg

Manny98
06-09-2019, 02:04 PM
Block me idgaf :roll:

Your a shit tier poster anyway, no one would notice if you stopped posting :oldlol:

SpaceJam2
06-09-2019, 02:05 PM
Block me idgaf :roll:

Your a shit tier poster anyway, no one would notice if you stopped posting :oldlol:

Good point

Snaggle bot is probably the lowest tier poster we have here. Has no knowledge of basketball whatsoever. He is most here to kill time in his ashy apartment.

Phoenix
06-09-2019, 02:06 PM
Dwight had a higher PER, win shares higher True shooting and better plus minus than rookie Shaq and took a no star cast to the NBA finals stop it.

09 Dwight: 20.6, 13.8,1.4, 2.9
92 Shaq: 23.4, 13.9,1.9, 3.5

You can have your PER and TS% numbers. :rolleyes:

If Dwight and Lebron both had 'no star' casts in 09, then shouldn't the better player( presumed to be Lebron) have won that series?

Manny98
06-09-2019, 02:12 PM
09 Dwight: 20.6, 13.8,1.4, 2.9
92 Shaq: 23.4, 13.9,1.9, 3.5

You can have your PER and TS% numbers. :rolleyes:

If Dwight and Lebron both had 'no star' casts in 09, then shouldn't the better player( presumed to be Lebron) have won that series?
so defense is not part of the game lol

And since you want to disregard advanced stats i guess you agree DeMarcus Cousins > Shaq and Dwight

25.2/12.9/5.4/1.6/1.6 Cousins > Shaq

egokiller
06-09-2019, 02:15 PM

:roll:

egokiller
06-09-2019, 02:17 PM
Because you're too fcking dumb to realize it without someone actually telling you

i'm just gonna block you and the rest of the L3bron herd, ya'll are legit destroying brain cells

These clowns wasted their life stanning a 3/9 loser. They have no brain cells left for you to return the favor.

Manny98
06-09-2019, 02:19 PM
I'm flattered you dedicated 20 minutes of your pathetic life making a photoshopped image
On me :lol

egokiller
06-09-2019, 02:22 PM
I'm flattered you dedicated 20 minutes of your pathetic life making a photoshopped image

The customers at McDonald's that you just served are flattered that you were able to multitask and post on ISH while prepping their food.

Impressive! :applause:

Phoenix
06-09-2019, 02:29 PM
so defense is not part of the game lol

And since you want to disregard advanced stats i guess you agree DeMarcus Cousins > Shaq and Dwight

25.2/12.9/5.4/1.6/1.6 Cousins > Shaq

So you're equating rookie Shaq having across the board better raw numbers to 09 Dwight, with Cousins scoring more points, getting more assists, more steals, but averaging less rebounds, less blocks and more turnovers? What was your point, again? By the way, the Magic went from 21 wins in 92 to 41 wins in 93, pretty much single-handedily off Shaq's arrival. Remind me what Cousins numbers translated to in Sacramento?

I'm not disregarding advanced stats. I'm showing that Shaq had better across the board raw numbers as a rookie than the Dwight who went to the finals. I also WATCHED Shaq( which I know you didn't) as a rookie and past the numbers, he was just a more dominant player and presence. Just was....sorry if you were swimming around in your dads n*tsack and missed it.

You can spin PER any number of ways. In 2010 Chris Bosh was #4 in PER ahead of Dwight so shall we agree that he was better than him that year? PER may tell a story you didn't mean for it to.

ArbitraryWater
06-09-2019, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]That

warriorfan
06-09-2019, 02:34 PM
Ouch.

One of those self-own posts

Reminds me of a certain post involving a crying bitch and a midget Turk.

egokiller
06-09-2019, 02:36 PM
Reminds me of a certain post involving a crying bitch and a midget Turk.

The Turk he snitched on as a German was a midget also? Damn that makes the whole snitch incident even worse! :lol

bullettooth
06-09-2019, 02:37 PM

If you think putting an arrow and 7 characters on a screenshot took 20 minutes, then I have NO doubts that you really are incapable of anything and work at McDonalds.

egokiller
06-09-2019, 02:38 PM
If you think putting an arrow and 7 characters on a screenshot took 20 minutes, then I have NO doubts that you really are incapable of anything and work at McDonalds.

It's 100% confirmed that he works at mcdonalds. :lol He even posted a picture of him wearing the mc'd work shoes with the arches on them and the floor title matched that of mcdonalds. What's impressive is how he posts on ISH all day instead of working. Like is this kid hiding behind the dumpsters or some shit? How does he have his phone out at work all day?

ArbitraryWater
06-09-2019, 02:42 PM
The Turk he snitched on as a German was a midget also? Damn that makes the whole snitch incident even worse! :lol

nah, thats just warriorfan linguistic

anything over time becomes midget involved

Manny98
06-09-2019, 02:43 PM
It's 100% confirmed that he works at mcdonalds. :lol He even posted a picture of him wearing the mc'd work shoes with the arches on them and the floor title matched that of mcdonalds. What's impressive is how he posts on ISH all day instead of working. Like is this kid hiding behind the dumpsters or some shit? How does he have his phone out at work all day?
Air force 1s = McDonald's shoes? :oldlol:

And how would you know what McDonald's tiles look like behind the counter unless you work there?

Something your not telling us Straight_Ballin

egokiller
06-09-2019, 02:55 PM

And how would you know what McDonald's tiles look like behind the counter unless you work there?

Another member posted a picture of a Mcdonalds floor which matched your picture. Stop playing dumb. We all know you work there. The fact that you even know the tile behind the counter is different exposes you.

RealSkipBayless
06-09-2019, 03:08 PM
aaaaaaand we're done here. :lol

:roll: :roll:

Manny98
06-09-2019, 03:10 PM
Another member posted a picture of a Mcdonalds floor which matched your picture. Stop playing dumb. We all know you work there. The fact that you even know the tile behind the counter is different exposes you.
You were the one that said they were different retard:roll:

You know a lot about McDonald's for someone that's apparently never worked there :biggums:

SamuraiSWISH
06-09-2019, 03:15 PM
:eek: :oldlol:

Manny98
06-09-2019, 03:16 PM
I took into account that you are retarded so it would take 20 minutes for you :oldlol:

warriorfan
06-09-2019, 03:17 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

SamuraiSWISH
06-09-2019, 03:18 PM
ArbitraryWater gets bullied in school AND snitches :oldlol:

paksat
06-09-2019, 03:26 PM

Part of me wants to see what this idiot actually typed to generate such a post

The other part of me realizes no matter how bad it gets for him every single day here, he just comes back and gets slapped some more

Guy belongs in a psyche ward

andgar923
06-09-2019, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]That

sportjames23
06-09-2019, 10:57 PM
The MJ Fam are some savages. Tried to warn the Bronistas not to poke the bear, but alas...

Hard head makes a soft behind. :oldlol:

egokiller
06-09-2019, 11:06 PM
You were the one that said they were different retard:roll:

You know a lot about McDonald's for someone that's apparently never worked there :biggums:

I never said anything was different. Stop deflecting you burger flipper. I said the picture you posted looked the same as what hippa posted when he exposed you. Nice pinoy keyboard btw.....

egokiller
06-09-2019, 11:08 PM
Part of me wants to see what this idiot actually typed to generate such a post

The other part of me realizes no matter how bad it gets for him every single day here, he just comes back and gets slapped some more

Guy belongs in a psyche ward

He

j3lademaster
06-09-2019, 11:16 PM
Orlando Shaq is so overrated, he got absolutely destroyed in the finals by KeemOverrated by what standards? Orlando Shaq was definitely better than any version of dwight. Even comparing them seems troll. Comparing 11 Dwight to 93 Shaq is your best shot at any kind of argument. Even if the narrative was that a 24 yo Shaq got 'destroyed' by a prime top 10 all time in Hakeem... and? 09 Dwight couldn't even destroy Pau Gasol. This is the first time I've ever heard anyone call Shaq overrated. We talking about the same guy?

Dwight is a better rebounding Alonzo Mourning that jumps higher. And Zo had some decent squads: LJ who was basically a slightly worse Blake Griffin and shooters in Dell Curry and Hersey Hawkins. Zo's heat squads were better defensively than anything Lebron's faced in his own conference.

Yes MJ never faced a guard in his own conference as good as MVP RoseFine. Let's entertain this notion that 21 year old Rose is better than prime IT. You have to admit IT and Penny were actually comparable.

31 = past prime lolYOU tried to sell the KG that Lebron faced as 'peak'. 31 year old KG is not close to peak KG. Not all players age the same. KG was only in his prime for his 1st year in Boston anyway.

And please don't take this like I'm holding the 09 loss to Orlando against Lebron. I'm talking strictly about the quality of his comp.

SpaceJam2
06-10-2019, 03:36 AM

:eek:

GOTEEEEM

SpaceJam2
06-10-2019, 03:38 AM
[QUOTE=egokiller]He

LostCause
06-10-2019, 04:17 AM
This thread is like a textbook example of how much of a moron Manny is. This shit is not hard to figure out

:biggums:

So there's Bird, Bron, Durant, Dr. J, Pippen, Havlicek, Rick Barry. That's 7. Replacing any one of those guys with Melo is just more evidence you're a moron

Pat Ewing (Anchored 2 of the Top 10 most dominant defenses of all time)
Alonzo Mourning (2x DPOY)
Dikembe Mutombo (4x DPOY)

Just as a start. Seriously. Are you a complete moron? How do you NOT know about Ewing, Mourning and Mutombo?

LostCause
06-10-2019, 05:10 AM
For reference, here's the relative DRTG of all of Prime Dwight's teams

YEAR DRTG
2005 1.2
2006 1.3
2007 -2.4
2008 -2
2009 -6.4
2010 -4.3
2011 -5.5
2012 -0.5

Here's Ewings

1986 -2
1987 2.8
1988 -1.6
1989 -0.3
1990 -0.1
1991 -0.6
1992 -4
1993 -8.3
1994 -8.1
1995 -4.5
1996 -4.1
1997 -5.7

The best defense Howard anchored recorded an rDRTG of -6.3. That's elite, but not all-time great. The best defense Ewing anchored was -8.3, and then -8.1 the season after. That's all-time great, there are very few teams in NBA history with an rDRTG -8.0 and better (Only 8). To put it into perspective, here are the 4 who've done it excluding Russell's Celtics:

'93 Knicks -8.3
'94 Knicks -8.1
'08 Celtics -8.6
'04 Spurs -8.8

"Ewing wasn't on the level of TYSON CHANDLER or Howard defensively doe" :oldlol: :oldlol:

Doranku
06-10-2019, 06:37 AM
Dwight
Rose
Chandler
Melo
PG
Al Jefferson
Drummond
Lowry
DeMar
IT
Oladipo

https://i.giphy.com/media/pVAMI8QYM42n6/200.webp

Manny98
06-10-2019, 06:37 AM
[QUOTE=egokiller]He

Phoenix
06-10-2019, 07:16 AM
So there's Bird, Bron, Durant, Dr. J, Pippen, Havlicek, Rick Barry. That's 7. Replacing any one of those guys with Melo is just more evidence you're a moron

Not to forgot guys like Nique, King, and English.

Phoenix
06-10-2019, 07:18 AM
For reference, here's the relative DRTG of all of Prime Dwight's teams

Here's Ewings

The best defense Howard anchored recorded an rDRTG of -6.3. That's elite, but not all-time great. The best defense Ewing anchored was -8.3, and then -8.1 the season after. That's all-time great, there are very few teams in NBA history with an rDRTG -8.0 and better (Only 8). To put it into perspective, here are the 4 who've done it excluding Russell's Celtics:

'93 Knicks -8.3
'94 Knicks -8.1
'08 Celtics -8.6
'04 Spurs -8.8

"Ewing wasn't on the level of TYSON CHANDLER or Howard defensively doe" :oldlol: :oldlol:

While giving you 24 a night....

Manny98
06-10-2019, 07:36 AM
lol Ewing is a playoff choker don't compare him to Dwight. Dwight is pretty much better at everything than Ewing

Also Shaq could never take a cast as bad as the 09 Magic to the finals. If only Dwight had a peak Wade or Kobe by his side like Shaq, instant 3 peat

LostCause
06-10-2019, 07:39 AM
lol Ewing is a playoff choker don't compare him to Dwight. Dwight is pretty much better at everything than Ewing

Also Shaq could never take a cast as bad as the 09 Magic to the finals. If only Dwight had a peak Wade or Kobe by his side like Shaq, instant 3 peat

The bolded :roll:

Keep it going. You can't really get any dumber but I'm sure you'll surpass my expectations. Any other hot takes?

Manny98
06-10-2019, 07:39 AM
Top small forwards peakwise

LeBron
KD
Bird
Kawhi
Dr J
Pippen
Melo

John Havlicek is not better than Melo stop trolling

LostCause
06-10-2019, 07:46 AM
Top small forwards peakwise

LeBron
KD
Bird
Kawhi
Dr J
Pippen
Melo

John Havlicek is not better than Melo stop trolling

Oh so now we're going by "peakwise" :roll:

In that case what's Melo's argument over Grant Hill?

Go cite those VORP, BPM, ORTG stats ya'll love so much. Tell me what they say lol

Throw Nique in there too lmao

LostCause
06-10-2019, 07:57 AM
Manny, what you're doing is showing the flaw of recency bias

You know Melo. You've seen him score a lot and make all-star teams. So to you he seems spectacular so you just slot him in after the household names like Bird, Dr.J etc

Problem is historically he doesn't stand out from other HOF players at his position no matter what metric you use. You couldn't put together an argument for putting Melo over Dominique Wilkins OR Paul Pierce, or even Adrian Dantley. Doesn't matter if you're going by career or "peakwise"

Go ahead and give it a shot. I'll wait

sportjames23
06-10-2019, 07:59 AM
LostCause is slapping the shit outta Manny. :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
06-10-2019, 08:07 AM
https://i.gyazo.com/fd95f3cf83490f914095afc06e48fe3f.png

Phoenix
06-10-2019, 08:11 AM

You honestly should be permanbanned for saying shit this stupid. On any decently run forum you would be.

Phoenix
06-10-2019, 08:25 AM
Out of interest Shitstain98, since Dwight had a 'bad cast' in 09 which cast would you say was worse that year, Lebron's or Dwight's? Just curious as to how Lebron as the best player lost to Dwight with a 'bad cast'. Either

1)Lebron's cast was multiple times worse that him being the best player didn't matter,so his 'statz' were of no consequence OR......

2)Dwight's support wasn't as bad as you're arguing.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/1ykTax6hrAKpTQ0Mnb/giphy.gif

Manny98
06-10-2019, 08:55 AM
Manny, what you're doing is showing the flaw of recency bias

You know Melo. You've seen him score a lot and make all-star teams. So to you he seems spectacular so you just slot him in after the household names like Bird, Dr.J etc

Problem is historically he doesn't stand out from other HOF players at his position no matter what metric you use. You couldn't put together an argument for putting Melo over Dominique Wilkins OR Paul Pierce, or even Adrian Dantley. Doesn't matter if you're going by career or "peakwise"

Go ahead and give it a shot. I'll wait
Melo is a better scorer than everyone you just listed

Manny98
06-10-2019, 08:56 AM
You honestly should be permanbanned for saying shit this stupid. On any decently run forum you would be.
When did Shaq take a no star cast to the finals, i'll wait

egokiller
06-10-2019, 09:01 AM
Manny's work shoes are amazing!

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/5c/45/65/5c4565d03ba941ce3186e1c67d69b4c7--catering-trainers.jpg

Overdrive
06-10-2019, 09:06 AM

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That's why you sell shrimp from a cart.

Phoenix
06-10-2019, 09:07 AM
When did Shaq take a no star cast to the finals, i'll wait

When did Shaq play in as poor an Eastern conference as 2009? You had 3 teams win over 50 games with the Celtics who were weakened without Garnett, Lebron's Cavs( who I've always been told on this forum were a shit team outside Lebron), and the Magic. The 4th seed that year was a Hawks team led by Joe Johnson. The only reason the Magic got to the finals was by taking advantage of a Garnett-less Celtics team in 7, and beating Lebron with Mo Williams as his 2nd all-star. Was there something especially insurmountable about the eastern conference that year?

I'll wait...

sportjames23
06-10-2019, 09:15 AM
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That's why you sell shrimp from a cart.

LostCause
06-10-2019, 11:21 AM
Melo is a better scorer than everyone you just listed

I see you understand you can

Manny98
06-10-2019, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE=LostCause]I see you understand you can

sammichoffate
06-10-2019, 11:35 AM

That's why you sell shrimp from a cart.:lol

Phoenix
06-10-2019, 11:46 AM
Better ISO scorer - Melo by a landslide

Better shooter - Melo

Peak Melo averaged almost 30ppg off 56TS%

So Melo wins

His career high is 28.9 in 2007 on 55% TS. The only seasons he shot 56% or better TS these were his scoring averages:

06 26.5
08 25.7
13 28.7
14 27.4

There isn't a single instance of Melo having any 30 point seasons under his belt, and the ones you want to round up to nearly 30ppg( when he didn't even break 29ppg, but whatever) he shot 55% TS which isn't 56% TS.So the next question is, why do you make comments that can be immediately dismissed as lies with a 30 second google check..........unless you're trolling. In which case carry on, but in terms of genuine basketball discussion you offer very little. For that matter, Nique came back at 33 years old and averaged 29.9 on 57% TS. At 33 years old Melo 16ppg on 50% TS and the following year he was basically out of the league after 10 games, and didn't even get signed by some shitty ass team like the Cavs or Bulls just for offensive spark.

Manny98
06-10-2019, 11:49 AM
His career high is 28.9 in 2007 on 55% TS. The only seasons he shot 56% or better TS these were his scoring averages:

06 26.5
08 25.7
13 28.7
14 27.4

There isn't a single instance of Melo having any 30 point seasons under his belt, and the ones you want to round up to nearly 30ppg( when he didn't even break 29ppg, but whatever) he shot 55% TS which isn't 56% TS.So the next question is, why do you make comments that can be immediately dismissed as lies with a 30 second google check..........unless you're trolling. In which case carry on, but in terms of genuine basketball discussion you offer very little.
Per 100 possessions

13 Melo - 41ppg 56TS%

Now show me Wilkins averaging at least 40ppg per 100 possessions with at least 55%TS and ill admit he's a better scorer than Melo

egokiller
06-10-2019, 11:52 AM

06 26.5
08 25.7
13 28.7
14 27.4

There isn't a single instance of Melo having any 30 point seasons under his belt, and the ones you want to round up to nearly 30ppg( when he didn't even break 29ppg, but whatever) he shot 55% TS which isn't 56% TS.So the next question is, why do you make comments that can be immediately dismissed as lies with a 30 second google check..........unless you're trolling. In which case carry on, but in terms of genuine basketball discussion you offer very little.

Manny's never seen a live nba game in his life. He's been regulated to a life in the Philippines and relies heavily on stats to make his claims. Problem is the game isn't played on paper.

MJ did more with less regardless if this poor fella believes otherwise.

Phoenix
06-10-2019, 11:53 AM
Per 100 possessions

13 Melo - 41ppg 56TS%

Now show me Wilkins averaging at least 40ppg per 100 possessions with at least 55%TS and ill admit he's a better scorer than Melo

Don't shift the goalposts Shitstain. What he 'projects' to do with 100 possessions is just that, a projection. What's your next deflection? What he does with 200 possessions? 300? Fukk outta here with your bullshit :rolleyes:

egokiller
06-10-2019, 11:54 AM
Manny, you're getting destroyed. Take a break, eat some McD fries.

Manny98
06-10-2019, 12:02 PM
Taking into account pace Melo and Wilkins averaged the same at their peaks but Melo was more efficient therefore Melo is the better scorer

If you want to completely ignore pace/per possession then you basically admit that Wilt is a better scorer than MJ since he averaged 20 more ppg

Phoenix
06-10-2019, 12:06 PM
Furthermore, this dumbass uses Melo's season TS% in 2013 and acts like his TS% would be unaffected by Melo taking more shots over 100 possessions. He's acting like a player's efficiency is unaffected the more you shoot and the more possessions you play. Someone who can score 10ppg should be able to score 30ppg, without a loss of efficiency, because that's just how it works. :lol

This homeless man's shitstain thinks we're as retarded as he is. My parents, unlike yours, areen't related you inbred little shit.

Manny98
06-10-2019, 12:09 PM
Melo 41.4ppg per 100 56TS%

Wilkins 40.5 per 100 53TS%

Melo wins accept it

Phoenix
06-10-2019, 12:14 PM

Melo wins accept it

https://media.tenor.com/images/ef8e74dc5bc08538d7f9f7d47f6c91b7/tenor.gif

Furthermore, this dumbass uses Melo's season TS% in 2013 and acts like his TS% would be unaffected by Melo taking more shots over 100 possessions. He's acting like a player's efficiency is unaffected the more you shoot and the more possessions you play. Someone who can score 10ppg should be able to score 30ppg, without a loss of efficiency, because that's just how it works. :lol

This homeless man's shitstain thinks we're as retarded as he is. My parents, unlike yours, areen't related you inbred little shit.

Players don't maintain the same efficiency the more they shoot and the more possession they play. :no: What Melo 'could' score with 100 possessions is a mathematical projection that doesn't account for things like fatigue, so no.

Manny98
06-10-2019, 12:18 PM
So your saying if Melo takes one more shot per game he's expected to have a 3% drop in efficiency? :roll:

You are dumb

Phoenix
06-10-2019, 12:44 PM
So your saying if Melo takes one more shot per game he's expected to have a 3% drop in efficiency? :roll:

You are dumb

Melo career TS% is .542 on 19.1 shots a game, Niques is .536 on 21.6 shots, a practically negligible difference with Nique taking nearly 3 more shots a night. If Melo tooks 2-3 more shots a game over his career statistically his efficiency is going to drop. Nique has 10 seasons shooting over 46%, Melo has 3. They're literally identical free throw shooters(5.6 out of 6.9 for 81%). They're actually fairly similar offensively in terms of raw numbers.

So with that said, Nique also has a higher PER and VORP, higher winshares and higher WS/48, all 'statz' you like to throw out there, so he wins anyway :applause:

Manny98
06-10-2019, 12:50 PM
We're talking about peaks dummy:roll:

2013 Melo is better than ANY version of Wilkins simple as that

Phoenix
06-10-2019, 01:11 PM
We're talking about peaks dummy:roll:

2013 Melo is better than ANY version of Wilkins simple as that

Proof? Melo needed to shoot 4 times as many 3's and still averaged 2 less points than 88 Nique. Playoff scoring? 31.2ppg on .537 TS% Nique, 28.8 Melo on .497 TS% ,yikes.

Manny98
06-10-2019, 01:20 PM
Proof? Melo needed to shoot 4 times as many 3's and still averaged 2 less points than 88 Nique. Playoff scoring? 31.2ppg on .537 TS% on Nique, 28.8 Melo on .497 TS yikes.

+ Melo has a higher PER

Phoenix
06-10-2019, 01:27 PM

+ Melo has a higher PER

So Nique averaged more points in the regular season and in the playoffs, what ACTUALLY happened, and the best you got are 'projected' math numbers, and PER that tells us that Chris Bosh was better than Dwight Howard in 2010.:lol

Nique wins, thanks for your time :rockon:

LostCause
06-10-2019, 01:29 PM
Better ISO scorer - Melo by a landslide

Better shooter - Melo

Show this with data

Peak Melo averaged almost 30ppg off 56TS%

So Melo wins
93 Wilkins isn't even his peak and he beats Melo in everything you highlighted

13 Melo averaged 28.7ppg with a .556 TS%
93 Nique averaged 29.9ppg with a .570 TS%

BPM? Melo was at 2.4. Nique was at 3.6.
VORP? Melo was 2.8. Nique was 3.7
WS/48? Melo was at .184. NIque was at .191

According to you that's Melo's PEAK season. That's not even Nique's peak season

Maybe you can give Dantley a try. Go ahead, that one will be shot down too

(Also, for future references, no one uses Per 100 possessions. Use Per 75 in the future)

*Nique also averaged 9rpg, 4apg, 1.3spg, 0.5bpg
to Melo's 7rpg, 3apg, 0.8spg, 0.5bpg

But sure, somehow 2013 Melo is better than ANY version of Wilkins even though he comes up short against a NOT peak Wilkins. Wherever that makes sense I guess

Phoenix
06-10-2019, 01:33 PM

13 Melo averaged 28ppg with a .556 TS%

(Also, for future references, no one uses Per 100 possessions. Use Per 75 in the future)

SHUT. IT. DOWN

Manny98
06-10-2019, 01:44 PM
Show this with data

13 Melo averaged 28.7ppg with a .556 TS%

*Nique also averaged 9rpg, 4apg, 1.3spg, 0.5bpg
to Melo's 7rpg, 3apg, 0.8spg, 0.5bpg

But sure, somehow 2013 Melo is better than ANY version of Wilkins even though he comes up short against a NOT peak Wilkins. Wherever that makes sense I guess
Why didn't you post their PERs that year :lol

Also Wilkins got swept in the first round that year whilst Melo almost got his team to the conference finals

So overall Melo wins try again

LostCause
06-10-2019, 01:54 PM

Also Wilkins got swept in the first round that year whilst Melo almost got his team to the conference finals

Lmao you're struggling BAD here :oldlol:

So PER trumps everything else and is most important? I didn't post it because I'm pretty sure you guys went on and on about how useless it is and that it was made to make Jordan look good etc, but now that it's the only stat Melo has a miniscule advantage in you want to highlight it as if it means anything

Who cares how far his team went. They played the 93 Bulls that year dipshit :lol Would New York have won in the 1st round if they played Miami that year or nah?

You're losing it, Manny :hammerhead:

*Also this just in - James Harden has been better than LeBron for the last 3 years. Higher PER

ImKobe
06-10-2019, 01:56 PM

Speaking of PER, didn't Lebron team up with two of the top 5 in PER in 2010 and lose in the 2011 Finals to a team with one all-star?

Phoenix
06-10-2019, 01:56 PM
Shitstain98 is clever. He's injected 2013 Melo( by his estimation a top 7 peak small forward) into an argument about all-NBA players Lebron faced in the playoffs in a given season....................except Lebron didn't play that version of Melo in the playoffs. Good effort trying to slip that through, but no.

https://media.tenor.com/images/1e4a300375be36166a6cb09064312510/tenor.gif

LostCause
06-10-2019, 01:58 PM
Manny, take a step back and look at where your "argument" started and where it is now. It's barely recognizable and you're jumping from point to point when they get shut down/debunked. At this point you're doing this:
http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/warriorshtm/ferouscranus.htm

Just give it up. Melo isn't worth this embarassment

Phoenix
06-10-2019, 01:59 PM

PER? Let's look at the 2019 numbers shall we:

1. Giannis Antetokounmpo

LostCause
06-10-2019, 02:00 PM
Shitstain98 is clever. He's injected 2013 Melo( by his estimation a top 7 peak small forward) into an argument about all-NBA players Lebron faced in the playoffs in a given season....................except Lebron didn't play that version of Melo in the playoffs. Good effort trying to slip that through, but no.

https://media.tenor.com/images/1e4a300375be36166a6cb09064312510/tenor.gif

:applause:

What's even funnier is that 93 Wilkins is statistically better than 13 Melo in almost every metric (apparently except PER which is the new end-all be-all), and Nique actually PLAYED against Jordan that year, unlike Melo

Dude is beyond hope

Manny98
06-10-2019, 02:01 PM
Maybe if Wilkins could win 54 games like Melo did he wouldn't have had to face the Bulls in the first round

Only 43 wins for a player that's supposed to be better than Melo? Yikes :oldlol:

Empty stats Dominique for you

Phoenix
06-10-2019, 02:06 PM
Maybe if Wilkins could win 54 games like Melo did he wouldn't have had to face the Bulls in the first round

Only 43 wins for a player that's supposed to be better than Melo? Yikes :oldlol:

Empty stats Dominique for you

::no: :no: :no: Now now...

Ferrous Cranus is utterly impervious to reason, persuasion and new ideas, and when engaged in battle he will not yield an inch in his position regardless of its hopelessness. Though his thrusts are decisively repulsed, his arguments crushed in every detail and his defenses demolished beyond repair he will remount the same attack again and again with only the slightest variation in tactics. Sometimes out of pure frustration Philosopher will try to explain to him the failed logistics of his situation, or Therapist will attempt to penetrate the psychological origins of his obduracy, but, ever unfathomable, Ferrous Cranus cannot be moved.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WaterloggedRedHamadryad-small.gif

TheMan
06-10-2019, 02:12 PM
Manny98 getting bodied in his own thread :oldlol:

LeBron fam just collecting Ls all over the place...sad!!!

Phoenix
06-10-2019, 02:14 PM
:applause:

What's even funnier is that 93 Wilkins is statistically better than 13 Melo in almost every metric (apparently except PER which is the new end-all be-all), and Nique actually PLAYED against Jordan that year, unlike Melo

Dude is beyond hope

And that was 33 year old post Achilles tear Nique. 33 year old Melo was 16ppg on 50% TS, and worth 3.7 winshares, and didn't last 10 games into this year before betting the boot.

:yaohappy:

paksat
06-10-2019, 02:35 PM
just block manny, spacejam etc.

braincells have slowly started to ignite once more for me, although it seems his glorious downfall has begun.. well it had already begun.. well I guess it never ends n/m

andgar923
06-10-2019, 06:35 PM
What's the point of playing vs star players when the teams they play in suck?

MJ went up against good- all time great teams. Teams that were consistently the top teams in their conference for YEARS.

Reggie Miller may not have been better than some of those in these lists, but his teams were consistently (when healthy) at the top for multiple seasons.

The 80s-90s Cavs were a deep team that were consistently amongst the best teams.

Again, the TEAMS MJ faced were actual TEAMS.

So whether the numbers are on MJ or Bron's side it doesn't matter who played the most 'All NBA' players. The same goes to who played the most teams with playoff records. Most teams today peak and are good for 1-2 seasons and that's it. And even then, some of those teams only have a good record because the rest of the conference is suck.

egokiller
06-10-2019, 06:37 PM
Why wasn

superduper
06-10-2019, 06:51 PM
Can someone explain to me why Bran stans have been so blatantly insecure lately? It's honestly quite pathetic.

Manny98
06-10-2019, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=egokiller]Why wasn

egokiller
06-10-2019, 06:53 PM
Can someone explain to me why Bran stans have been so blatantly insecure lately? It's honestly quite pathetic.

Because regardless of the outcome tonight, the narratives destroy lebron's career even more. It's lose/lose for them.

Manny98
06-10-2019, 06:57 PM
Do you really want to go there?

LeBrons all NBA teammates

11 Wade (2nd)
12 Wade (3rd)
13 Wade (3rd)
15 Kyrie (3rd)

Jordans all NBA teammates

92 Pippen (2nd)
93 Pippen (3rd)
95 Pippen (1st)
96 Pippen (1st)
97 Pippen (2nd)
98 Pippen (3rd)

LeBrons all Defense teammates

10 Anderson Varejao (2nd) :roll:

Jordans all Defense teammates

92 Pippen (2nd)
93 Pippen (1st)
93 Grant (2nd)
95 Pippen (1st)
96 Pippen (1st)
96 Rodman (1st)
97 Pippen (1st)
98 Pippen (1st)
https://i.postimg.cc/FzLCbLWS/54800588-2270673653152867-4645394833206382750-n.jpg

superduper
06-10-2019, 07:02 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/FzLCbLWS/54800588-2270673653152867-4645394833206382750-n.jpg

What a stupid picture to use for this retarded narrative in a game where MJ absolutely carried (as always):roll: :roll:

Bran fam logic in a nutshell.

bigkingsfan
06-10-2019, 07:03 PM
What a stupid picture to use for this retarded narrative in a game where MJ absolutely carried (as always):roll: :roll:

Bran fam logic in a nutshell.
Pippen is carrying Jordan in that picture, what are you looking at.

superduper
06-10-2019, 07:04 PM
Pippen is carrying Pippen in that picture, what are you looking at.

Ladies and gentlemen, Bran fam in a nutshell

bigkingsfan
06-10-2019, 07:08 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, Bran fam in a nutshell

Pippen has both his hands wrapped around Jordan, who is about to fall over without assistance.

egokiller
06-10-2019, 07:15 PM
In what world with an 11 time all star does MJ lose a finals series?

Bronbron23
06-10-2019, 07:16 PM
Pippen has both his hands wrapped around Jordan, who is about to fall over without assistance.
I shouldn't even have to say this but he meant carried figuratively. I'm assuming you know this and are just trying to be annoying

egokiller
06-10-2019, 07:19 PM
Pippen winning with MJ is just another complement to MJ. It means he was able to mold his teammate into winning with him instead of jumping to a team with an 11 time all star and still losing. :applause:

bigkingsfan
06-10-2019, 07:20 PM
I shouldn't even have to say this but he meant carried figuratively. I'm assuming you know this and are just trying to be annoying

https://media.giphy.com/media/W8TBBqLqdGao8/giphy.gif

Cleverness
06-10-2019, 08:21 PM
LeBron played/colluded with more all NBA players than MJ*