PDA

View Full Version : Durant playing great, getting injured, & fans cheering was bad PR for Raptors

1987_Lakers
06-10-2019, 10:28 PM
Now everyone is shitting on the Raptors and calling it an asterisk title.

:roll:

StrongLurk
06-10-2019, 10:35 PM
Now everyone is shitting on the Raptors and calling it and asterisk title.

I said asterisk before the finals even started :confusedshrug:

n00bie
06-10-2019, 10:56 PM
That video looks like they cheering FOR Durant. Also when he fell down, the crowd was cheering because Lowry is leading a fast break. Guess you weren't watching the game.

egokiller
06-10-2019, 10:57 PM
That video looks like they cheering FOR Durant. Also when he fell down, the crowd was cheering because Lowry is leading a fast break. Guess you weren't watching the game.

Nice try, but every player on the floor was scolding the fans. You

Shogon
06-10-2019, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=egokiller]Nice try, but every player on the floor was scolding the fans. You

1987_Lakers
06-10-2019, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=egokiller]Nice try, but every player on the floor was scolding the fans. You

TheMan
06-10-2019, 10:59 PM
Now everyone is shitting on the Raptors and calling it an asterisk title.

The asterisk also applies to that Finals where the Lakers beat Detroit in 7 after Isiah Thomas got injured in GM 6?

1987_Lakers
06-10-2019, 11:01 PM
The asterisk also applies to that Finals where the Lakers beat Detroit in 7 after Isiah Thomas got injured in GM 6?

Yes, same in 1989 when Detroit beat the Lakers without Magic & Byron Scott.

tpols
06-10-2019, 11:03 PM
They were getting their ass who0ped with him... It was probably a big relief.

egokiller
06-10-2019, 11:04 PM
It was both. He got a standing ovation on the way out with chants of "KD!"

Ya the few fans with respect where cheering KD, but the cheering right when he gripped his ankle was loud as hell.

DCL
06-10-2019, 11:30 PM
there was a mixture of both.

saw dudes on tv that were literally waving GOODBYE at KD as soon as he went down. that's some petty bitch ho shit.

but then as he left the court and walked through the tunnel, also loud heard chants of "KD KD KD" as well.

CelticGangster
06-10-2019, 11:30 PM
i wish i went to cheer for it

Ron Jeremy
06-10-2019, 11:39 PM
Its a basketball game, stop being puss and cheer for whoever and whatever you want.

talkingconch
06-10-2019, 11:58 PM
lmao wtf are you talking about? Theres even a fan waving bye at Durant near the basket as he goes down

talkingconch
06-10-2019, 11:59 PM
your team has 1 championship in the last several decades. let that sink in

FKAri
06-10-2019, 11:59 PM
lmao wtf are you talking about? Theres even a fan waving bye at Durant near the basket as he goes down
Seems like the polite thing to do. Imagine if he gave KD the cold shoulder!

oh the horror
06-11-2019, 12:00 AM

So this is your shtick? You say edgy against the grain offensive nonsense in threads?

That

UK2K
06-11-2019, 12:19 AM

That's probably why the Raptors players were telling their fans to shut the **** up.

Cause they were cheering a fast break.

egokiller
06-11-2019, 12:25 AM
Enough with the bullshit damage control posts. Those fakkits legit where cheering for his injury. I hope they identify them and that there's repercussions. Ban them for life.

1987_Lakers
06-11-2019, 01:37 AM
Seems like the polite thing to do. Imagine if he gave KD the cold shoulder!

https://streamable.com/cowzq

Yes, what a polite thing to do. :rolleyes:

SouBeachTalents
06-11-2019, 01:42 AM
https://streamable.com/cowzq

Yes, what a polite thing to do. :rolleyes:
Damn, legit 3 different dudes waving goodbye to him after getting injured, that's fcked up

DCL
06-11-2019, 01:55 AM
Damn, legit 3 different dudes waving goodbye to him after getting injured, that's fcked up

i counted a lot more than just three

SamuraiSWISH
06-11-2019, 02:19 AM
I never wish injury on athletes. But I’m not the least bit concerned, or distraught over Kevin Durant having an injury like this. In my opinion, it couldn’t of happened to a more deserving guy. Karma. You and your easy meaningless rings taking a piss on the spirit of actual competition.

dazzer87
06-11-2019, 02:24 AM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]I never wish injury on athletes. But I

Bawkish
06-11-2019, 02:37 AM
I never wish injury on athletes. But I’m not the least bit concerned, or distraught over Kevin Durant having an injury like this. In my opinion, it couldn’t of happened to a more deserving guy. Karma. You and your easy meaningless rings taking a piss on the spirit of actual competition.

man, that's going too far

i would not wished for it to happen even on those player i disliked

except for Pachulia....

SamuraiSWISH
06-11-2019, 02:40 AM
man, that's going too far

i would not wished for it to happen even on those player i disliked

except for Pachulia....
What

1987_Lakers
06-11-2019, 02:42 AM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]What

SamuraiSWISH
06-11-2019, 02:43 AM
Durant without a doubt banged your mom.
If he did ... cool :confusedshrug:

Soundwave
06-11-2019, 02:53 AM
Then again this is Durant getting a standing ovation from the crowd and clear chants of KD from the Toronto fans.

https://streamable.com/epbcf

Some fans were trash to be sure, but a lot of people there were classy as he was leaving the floor.

Bronbron23
06-11-2019, 08:28 AM
I said asterisk before the finals even started :confusedshrug:
Why would it be an asterisk? It's still 3 hof's in there prime vs one. Just goes to show how little faith Steph fans actually have in him.

paksat
06-11-2019, 08:53 AM
half that arena was going bananas when they saw him hit the floor

There must have been 50 or so fans waving goodbye to him as he was lying on the floor

I can't stand gsw, but I can't root for the raptors anymore after that. We saw a champions heart out there giving it all he had, and then we saw a fan base that only cares about him going down and winning a trophy that will collect dust.

I've been applauding their fans since they cheered so hard for lowry to make that free throw after scoring 0 points.. no more though.

Phenith
06-11-2019, 08:54 AM
Then again this is Durant getting a standing ovation from the crowd and clear chants of KD from the Toronto fans.

https://streamable.com/epbcf

Some fans were trash to be sure, but a lot of people there were classy as he was leaving the floor.

As others pointed out, the majority of the cheering was for the fact the Raps got the ball on a fast break and then got fouled, it all happened pretty fast. There was some disgraceful fans, but like the GS owner pushing Lowry, the few shouldn't define the many.

This video shows that the Raps fans do actually appreciate KDs as he gets a KD chant and standing ovation for being able to walk off the floor on his own (for anyone that knows hockey, fans cheer for a player that can get up on their own).

Uncle Drew
06-11-2019, 09:00 AM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]I never wish injury on athletes. But I

SamuraiSWISH
06-11-2019, 09:02 AM
half that arena was going bananas when they saw him hit the floor

There must have been 50 or so fans waving goodbye to him as he was lying on the floor

I can't stand gsw, but I can't root for the raptors anymore after that. We saw a champions heart out there giving it all he had, and then we saw a fan base that only cares about him going down and winning a trophy that will collect dust.

I've been applauding their fans since they cheered so hard for lowry to make that free throw after scoring 0 points.. no more though.
Kevin Durant and champions heart?

:wtf:

paksat
06-11-2019, 09:13 AM
Kevin Durant and champions heart?

:wtf:

Believe what you want, but the real reason Kd went to the warriors is because you can't beat L3bron and his refs unless you got a super team

it took two seasons to out L3bitch, and now his work is finished ( which is why he's leaving )

SamuraiSWISH
06-11-2019, 09:22 AM
Believe what you want, but the real reason Kd went to the warriors is because you can't beat L3bron and his refs unless you got a super team

it took two seasons to out L3bitch, and now his work is finished ( which is why he's leaving )
No.

KD and OKC could’ve and should’ve beat the Warriors initially themselves. And if they did, they could’ve beat Cleveland in a very even Finals matchup with Cleveland.

What KD did going to GS is pathetic levels of overkill. This is still a competitive series without him, and they molly whopped the conference finals competition without him as well.

I view it as a form of karma. Basketball gods making him pay a toll for his bitchass-ness.

The same gods did the same thing with LeBron’s cowardly stacked Heat teams and then pretending to come home for altruistic reasons again in Cleveland with the formation of this same KD + Warriors super duper team.

Do things the right way and earn it.

KD having a “champions heart” because he oddly and idiotically pushed himself to finally play in a game 5 where GS was already down 3-1 in the series and not having played let alone competitively in playoff / finals level atmosphere was ****ing stupid.