PDA

View Full Version : Warriors expect MRI to Confirm Torn Right Achilles Tendon for KD

1987_Lakers
06-11-2019, 02:25 AM
https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/1138324532333142016

This is sad. We may have just witnessed the end of Durant's career.

SamuraiSWISH
06-11-2019, 02:32 AM
End of his career? No. Come on, don’t be melodramatic. His bitch ass will be back on the floor at some point.

RoseCity07
06-11-2019, 02:34 AM
He's done. Stick a fork in him. Glad we drafted Oden now.

1987_Lakers
06-11-2019, 02:36 AM
End of his career? No. Come on, don’t be melodramatic. His bitch ass will be back on the floor at some point.

You do realize how severe torn achilles are right?

SamuraiSWISH
06-11-2019, 02:38 AM
You do realize how severe torn achilles are right?
You do realize many ball players have come back from it, right? Whether they are the same player or not is a different story. But who cares? KD ruined the spirit of competition in the NBA anyway.

JohnMax
06-11-2019, 02:39 AM
KD ruined the spirit of competition in the NBA anyway.

F*ck you white boy

SamuraiSWISH
06-11-2019, 02:41 AM
F*ck you white boy
Um ok black boy :confusedshrug:

TheMan
06-11-2019, 02:57 AM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]End of his career? No. Come on, don

Nikola_
06-11-2019, 03:13 AM
He will be excatly the same player, literally he wont age at all

BigTicket
06-11-2019, 03:15 AM
Wow that sucks, hope he can recover.

I hate to see great players going out this way.

Meticode
06-11-2019, 03:36 AM
I wonder if this means he doesn't sign with anyone during the off-season. Because this usually takes a year to come back from.

LostCause
06-11-2019, 03:44 AM
You do realize many ball players have come back from it, right? Whether they are the same player or not is a different story. But who cares? KD ruined the spirit of competition in the NBA anyway.

This is a remarkably stupid post

BigTicket
06-11-2019, 03:48 AM
I wonder if this means he doesn't sign with anyone during the off-season. Because this usually takes a year to come back from.

I think he'd sign a short-term extension with the Warriors, so he can get paid and have an organization around him while recovering.

I doubt any other team would sign him to a big contract if the MRI confirms a torn Achilles, but the Warriors organization owes it to him.

Meticode
06-11-2019, 03:49 AM
I think he'd sign a short-term extension with the Warriors, so he can get paid and have an organization around him while recovering.

I doubt any other team would sign him to a big contract if the MRI confirms a torn Achilles, but the Warriors organization owes it to him.
Stephen A. Smith is crying inside.

BigTicket
06-11-2019, 04:21 AM
Actually I just remembered that KD already has a player option for next year, which is worth $31.5M. If I were him, I'd opt in immediately if the MRI shows a tear.

DeMarcus Cousins was in the same situation, except he didn't have a player option, and it cost him $20M+ in salary the year after his injury, and may end up costing him a lot more than that longterm.

East River Livn'
06-11-2019, 04:40 AM
Actually I just remembered that KD already has a player option for next year, which is worth $31.5M. If I were him, I'd opt in immediately if the MRI shows a tear.

DeMarcus Cousins was in the same situation, except he didn't have a player option, and it cost him $20M+ in salary the year after his injury, and may end up costing him a lot more than that longterm.

This is horrible advice. KD is a once in a generational talent. Some team will throw a max deal at him just at the hope he will return to a fraction of his previous self. If he plays and sucks, those offers quickly come off the table. Cousins was seen as a head case even before his injury and didn't really make the team much better playing alongside AD. The list of teams willing to throw a long term max deal at a healthy Cousins was a short one.

D-nugz
06-11-2019, 04:42 AM
Bad injury, good luck in rehab...the Achilles will never be the same regardless but he will still ball out.

Hopper15
06-11-2019, 05:03 AM
He's not going to be what he used to be but he'll still be a good shooter. Shooters age better than anyone.

BigTicket
06-11-2019, 05:09 AM
This is horrible advice. KD is a once in a generational talent. Some team will throw a max deal at him just at the hope he will return to a fraction of his previous self. If he plays and sucks, those offers quickly come off the table. Cousins was seen as a head case even before his injury and didn't really make the team much better playing alongside AD. The list of teams willing to throw a long term max deal at a healthy Cousins was a short one.

Only a desperate lottery team would be willing to throw a longterm max deal at a player with a torn Achilles, and I don't think KD would be better off ending his career on a team like that.

Think about it from your own perspective, if you were in the middle of dealing with a serious health issue, would you want to also move to a new city and get a new job at the same time ? Or would you want to stay where you are, so you can focus on resting and recovering, and then re-evaluate when you are healthy again ?

ImKobe
06-11-2019, 05:14 AM
He's not going to be what he used to be but he'll still be a good shooter. Shooters age better than anyone.

Man's 7 ft tall with guard skills, he's still unguardable in the post and he'll still shoot over anyone in the NBA.

Kidbasketball20
06-11-2019, 05:26 AM
Obviously even if the Warrior win/lose,

KD will be mad he came back WAY TOO EARLY for the rest of his career.

This injury will put him out for at least 6-8 months if not longer.

Sportal
06-11-2019, 09:04 AM
I've never liked him going to the Warriors, but strictly from a talent perspective and how interesting next season was shaping to be... This is rough. May never see the same player again.

Wally450
06-11-2019, 09:28 AM
I think KD can be one of the guys that recovers and returns just below the level of play he was at pre-injury. We've seen guys do it. The age has to factor in though, coming back from an achilles tear at 32 is a little tougher than say 27.

MaxPlayer
06-11-2019, 09:45 AM

I tend to agree with this. KD is very quick for someone his size, but his game isn't totally reliant on explosive athleticism, and he has the skillset to reinvent himself. He may not be able to quite get back to the level he was, but absent complications he could still be a top 5-type guy for several more years.

tpols
06-11-2019, 09:46 AM
The question is can he gut it out for game 7?