PDA

View Full Version : Warriors ruined Kevin Durant's career

Kidbasketball20
06-11-2019, 05:23 AM
Guy was on the path to top 5-8 all time... and now might never see his "full potential"

He was leaving anyway.. this will haunt the Warriors for a LONG TIME

Obviously out for next 6-8 months.. Kobe never recovered "fully".

Kd will be 31. Warriors were bad.

Raptors for life

Spurs m8
06-11-2019, 05:27 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

ImKobe
06-11-2019, 05:35 AM
He'll be back for next year's Playoffs so I don't see how his career is ruined.

Kobe did recover fine the first time, he was back relatively fast in like 8 months but he broke a bone in his knee when he was looking like his old self against Memphis & abusing Tony Allen, came back from it 9 months later, still a decent player, averaging 22/6/6 in his 19th season, but then also tore his rotator cuff as he was getting his feet under him.

KD's 7 ft tall and can shoot over anyone from anywhere on the court, he hadn't played ball in a month coming back from what looked like an achilles tear in the first place and had 11 points in 12 minutes. It's different for a shorter player like Kobe, who relies more on his athletic ability to get lift on his jump shots to shoot over his defenders.

Uncle Drew
06-11-2019, 05:37 AM
Kobe never recovered because he has no skill. Skilled players like Wilkins and Gay were fine.

Mr Feeny
06-11-2019, 05:39 AM

Kobe did recover fine the first time, he was back relatively fast in like 8 months but he broke a bone in his knee when he was looking like his old self against Memphis & abusing Tony Allen, came back from it 9 months later, still a decent player, averaging 22/6/6 in his 19th season, but then also tore his rotator cuff as he was getting his feet under him.

KD's 7 ft tall and can shoot over anyone from anywhere on the court, he hadn't played ball in a month coming back from what looked like an achilles tear in the first place and had 11 points in 12 minutes. It's different for a shorter player like Kobe, who relies more on his athletic ability to get lift on his jump shots to shoot over his defenders.

Kobe recovered to shoot 37%fg for the season. And then 35%fg for the season. There are almost no words to describe just how bad he was.

Mr Feeny
06-11-2019, 05:41 AM
Kobe never recovered because he has no skill. Skilled players like Wilkins and Gay were fine.

Let's wait and see how he recovers. He is so tall though that even a drop in athleticism shouldn't hurt him as much. Agree about Kobe. He just wasnt anywhere near as skilled as his fans thought he was. What might have hurt him as well was that he wasn't that athletic to begin with, so when his already average athleticism dropped, he was in bad shape.
He also took a lot of dumb shots. Durant should be more effective.

Kidbasketball20
06-11-2019, 05:46 AM
Funny to see all the "Laker" fans acting like this isn't a serious injury :oldlol: :oldlol:

ImKobe
06-11-2019, 05:51 AM
Kobe recovered to shoot 37%fg for the season. And then 35%fg for the season. There are almost no words to describe just how bad he was.

He had his down moments, but also had a bunch of great games on a terrible roster that provided him little help on offense. He did drop 44 on the Warriors, had the oldest 30-pt triple-double, had his career-high in assists his last healthy game vs. Cleveland and so on. Who was even our 2nd option in 2015? Nick Young off the bench? Carlos Boozer? Jordan Clarkson? :biggums: Kobe was just about as efficient as Wizards' Jordan with a ~48%TS.

Point is that Durant can still be the same player, considering his age and build, this was just his 12th season.

Funny to see all the "Laker" fans acting like this isn't a serious injury :oldlol: :oldlol:

Where did I say that? I said he would be back for next year's Playoffs and that his career wouldn't be ruined. You're acting like it's over for KD after his 12th season at age 30. If he re-ups with the Warriors, he'll be just fine as far as career trajectory goes, he'll be back in the Conference Finals next year.

LeCola
06-11-2019, 06:24 AM
They ruined while giving him 2 rings and 2 FMVP's. :cheers:

Mr Feeny
06-11-2019, 06:39 AM
He had his down moments, but also had a bunch of great games on a terrible roster that provided him little help on offense. He did drop 44 on the Warriors, had the oldest 30-pt triple-double, had his career-high in assists his last healthy game vs. Cleveland and so on. Who was even our 2nd option in 2015? Nick Young off the bench? Carlos Boozer? Jordan Clarkson? :biggums: Kobe was just about as efficient as Wizards' Jordan with a ~48%TS.

Point is that Durant can still be the same player, considering his age and build, this was just his 12th season.

Where did I say that? I said he would be back for next year's Playoffs and that his career wouldn't be ruined. You're acting like it's over for KD after his 12th season at age 30. If he re-ups with the Warriors, he'll be just fine as far as career trajectory goes, he'll be back in the Conference Finals next year.

Dude. Kobe averaged 37%fg and 35%fg for his last 2 seasons. Any way you spin it, that's beyond putrid:oldlol:

Spurs m8
06-11-2019, 06:45 AM

I mean, Kobe sucks, but you suck d1ck way more

ImKobe
06-11-2019, 06:53 AM
Dude. Kobe averaged 37%fg and 35%fg for his last 2 seasons. Any way you spin it, that's beyond putrid:oldlol:

That's Wizard's Jordan and Kobe was 36/37 in his 19th/20th season with no star help

Per 36 minutes

Wizards' MJ: 21/6/4 48.0%TS
post-achilles Kobe: 23/5/5 47.4%TS

FG% is cute, but weigh in Kobe shooting about 6 threes per game at a ~29% rate, that's like if he was Jordan in 02/03 shooting 43-45% on 2-pt shots.

Mr Feeny
06-11-2019, 07:18 AM
That's Wizard's Jordan and Kobe was 36/37 in his 19th/20th season with no star help

Per 36 minutes

FG% is cute, but weigh in Kobe shooting about 6 threes per game at a ~29% rate, that's like if he was Jordan in 02/03 shooting 43-45% on 2-pt shots.

Dude.
35%. Read that again.

SwayDizzle
06-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Dude.
35%. Read that again.
Give it a rest nerd. Kobe is a top 5 GOAT. He had yall triggered af in his final seasons coz you finally had something to criticize him on. And this was during his twilight injury prone years after shittin on your franchise for over a decade. He literally took a dump on you and you are mad for it.

ImKobe
06-11-2019, 07:27 AM
Dude.
35%. Read that again.

Yes, because he took ~6 threes per game at ~29% post-achilles with over 7 a game in his 20th season, he was still above 40% inside the arc. :facepalm and still at above 60% inside 3 ft, over 40% of his shots were threes in his 20th year so what do you expect from his FG%?

Uncle Drew
06-11-2019, 07:39 AM
I mean, Kobe sucks, but you suck d1ck way more
Poor, poor DeMar DePression m8.

BigTicket
06-11-2019, 07:44 AM
Warriors ruined Kevin Durant's career

The Warrior's helped KD win his first two titles, that would seem to be the opposite of "ruining" his career.

Guy was on the path to top 5-8 all time.

No, he wasn't. KD is a great player, but I don't think anyone rates him that high, and getting there is highly unlikely. To reach as high as top 5, he'd need to win at least another couple of rings as the leader of his next team.

Mr Feeny
06-11-2019, 07:46 AM
Yes, because he took ~6 threes per game at ~29% post-achilles with over 7 a game in his 20th season, he was still above 40% inside the arc. :facepalm and still at above 60% inside 3 ft, over 40% of his shots were threes in his 20th year so what do you expect from his FG%?

I expected anything better than 35%fg for the season and 19 wins:oldlol:

Mr Feeny
06-11-2019, 07:47 AM
The Warrior's helped KD win his first two titles, that would seem to be the opposite of "ruining" his career.

No, he wasn't. KD is a great player, but I don't think anyone rates him that high, and getting there is highly unlikely. To reach as high as top 5, he'd need to win at least another couple of rings as the leader of his next team.

But I think it also proves that he was less of a luxury and more of a necessity in their last 2 rings. Before he went down, everyone assumed they'd decimate their competition anyways. Yet they're trailing without him here.

NBASTATMAN
06-11-2019, 07:52 AM
But I think it also proves that he was less of a luxury and more of a necessity in their last 2 rings. Before he went down, everyone assumed they'd decimate their competition anyways. Yet they're trailing without him here.

this GSW team is injured , klay, looney, and Cousins.. They arent as deep as prior years either.. Mcgee, Swaggy P, West, and Durant are not around this year.. That is alot of firepower ..

Mr Feeny
06-11-2019, 07:55 AM
this GSW team is injured , klay, looney, and Cousins.. They arent as deep as prior years either.. Mcgee, Swaggy P, West, and Durant are not around this year.. That is alot of firepower ..

Play went off for 27 points on 70%fg and now went for 26. If his hamstring is bothering him at all, it isnt obvious. He was a game time decision for game 3 and was expected to play. They played it safe and held him back another game. At this point, I dont think its fair to labor on about the knock he took.

Good point about them not being as loaded as they were the past few years. That might be the argument against him, which would explain why they're struggling all of a sudden. (In fact, they struggled with him against Houston before he went down). Fair play.

Bronbron23
06-11-2019, 07:57 AM

Kobe wasn't the same after that dude

ILLsmak
06-11-2019, 08:14 AM
Unbelievable. They should be legally liable after acting like he didn't have any chance of serious injury..

Assholes.

And for what to get one w and he scores 11 pts like I said. Hmm.

-Smak

bluechox2
06-11-2019, 08:46 AM
That was a bad call , gsw should feel ashamed...never really evaluated his injury properly, called it a half ass sprain , but was probably a partial torn lig, and that crossover move finished him

r0drig0lac
06-11-2019, 09:21 AM
:lol

Wally450
06-11-2019, 09:22 AM
A team that gets him 2 rings and 2 Finals MVPs has ruined him. Solid logic Chad.

ImKobe
06-11-2019, 09:26 AM
Kobe wasn't the same after that dude

Of course he wasn't, he was on the decline in his 17th season as he ruptured his achilles, but he was still able to come back and play 66 games in his 20th season after two additional season-ending injuries and he was still dunking the basketball and chucking seven threes a game to the tune of finishing his last game with 60 points and a game-winner, so let's not act like it's over for Durant at age 30 after 12 seasons.

Will he be diminished athletically? Yeah, likely. Will it take away some stats and point totals from his career? Aboslutely. Does it ruin his career? Nope.

He did cost himself most of the 2019-20 Regular Season and it's a tough recovery up ahead, but he could still be on the Warriors and playing to win another Finals next year so let's not act like he's finished.

warriorfan
06-11-2019, 09:26 AM
Unbelievable. They should be legally liable after acting like he didn't have any chance of serious injury..

Assholes.

And for what to get one w and he scores 11 pts like I said. Hmm.

-Smak
U acting like GS put a gun to his head and said

MrFonzworth
06-11-2019, 09:29 AM
After a night of thinking hard about it, I've come to the conclusion that it is definitely someone's fault. Whose fault it is remains unclear, but someone is clearly at fault here and the Finals should be put on hold until that person is established without a doubt.

SamuraiSWISH
06-11-2019, 09:29 AM

Per 36 minutes

One of these is not like the other.

One of these was during the lower scoring eras ever in the NBA, with intense physical defense and difficult scoring climate.

Lol at Per 36.

Also Jordan was 39 and 40, 2-3 years older than Kobe was and coming off three whole years of not remotely playing.

Mr Feeny
06-11-2019, 11:00 AM
One of these is not like the other.

One of these was during the lower scoring eras ever in the NBA, with intense physical defense and difficult scoring climate.

Lol at Per 36.

Also Jordan was 39 and 40, 2-3 years older than Kobe was and coming off three whole years of not remotely playing.

Jordan was 40, led his team to double the wins that a younger Kobe did, shot 45% to Kobe's 35%off while playing much better defense. Oh and......as you said, that was during the hand checking era.

Hey Yo
06-11-2019, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=warriorfan]U acting like GS put a gun to his head and said

egokiller
06-11-2019, 11:11 AM
Rachel Nichols "Steve Kerr said the doctors told him that Kevin Durant couldn't get more hurt"

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1138326716701650944

We don't know if this injury was even related to the other one.

sammichoffate
06-11-2019, 11:45 AM
GS saved KD from playing with a retarded turtle for the rest of his career.