PDA

View Full Version : What's with this superstar sympathy regarding Kawhi Leonard?

Akhenaten
06-11-2019, 07:49 AM
I mean Lebron has his apologists but this is like nothing I've ever seen, I just watched a vaunted top 3 player in the league player go 9-24, 5 TO have his team lose by one point despite his HORRIFIC performance but I'm being told by virtually EVERYONE (even usually sensible people) that dude "carried" his team last night.

By some miracle TOR was only down 3 points when Kawhi went on his flurry, this is with him going 4-18, 5 TO to that point, he finally does something and people are acting like he had some sort of virtuoso performance.

Am I in the gaddamn twilight zone?

J Shuttlesworth
06-11-2019, 08:42 AM
I mean Lebron has his apologists but this is like nothing I've ever seen, I just watched a vaunted top 3 player in the league player go 9-24, 5 TO have his team lose by one point despite his HORRIFIC performance but I'm being told by virtually EVERYONE (even usually sensible people) that dude "carried" his team last night.

By some miracle TOR was only down 3 points when Kawhi went on his flurry, this is with him going 4-18, 5 TO to that point, he finally does something and people are acting like he had some sort of virtuoso performance.

Am I in the gaddamn twilight zone?
He didn't take the final shot either. We know how LeBron haters harp on him for that, yet don't seem to criticize KL for doing it in the biggest game of his career

Wally450
06-11-2019, 09:32 AM
He should get shit. Little boy couldn't handle the pressure and passed up the final shot. :lol

HoopologyPhD
06-11-2019, 07:00 PM
Just doing what he is told, there is more money for the NBA for more games.

Craptors in 6*

ArbitraryWater
06-11-2019, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I remembered one criminal double standard poster here of his bias, but ppl dont wanna hear it....

saw some clowns say no one could have gotten this Toronto team this far, or that it would be the title run of the decade.

Lol.

Bankaii
06-11-2019, 07:12 PM
Kawhi isn

Draz
06-11-2019, 08:06 PM
He got doubled team on that final play

StrongLurk
06-11-2019, 08:28 PM
Lebron is judged by the GOAT standard...only he only has endured that post MJ.

No one else will get that level of scrutiny...and that is a major compliment to Lebron.

hold this L
06-11-2019, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE=Bankaii]Kawhi isn

fourkicks44
06-11-2019, 08:52 PM
Kawhi has been amazing but there is a heap of dick slurping going on for sure.

warriorfan
06-11-2019, 09:06 PM
Imagine being this delusional. If there is one thing that happens after every single finals loss, it's the barrage of excuses that come for Lebron. How do you even come up with this nonsense? Loving that idiotic statement about a player getting a season ending injury, coming back and getting re-injured for a month and a player ruining him when he needs months to possibly get back to 80% of his older self.

Ethered

FKAri
06-11-2019, 09:14 PM
I'd imagine not knowing the extent of his injury and how much it is impacting his play is a part of it. Even then he's been pretty bulletproof.

Bankaii
06-11-2019, 09:57 PM
Imagine being this delusional. If there is one thing that happens after every single finals loss, it's the barrage of excuses that come for Lebron. How do you even come up with this nonsense? Loving that idiotic statement about a player getting a season ending injury, coming back and getting re-injured for a month and a player ruining him when he needs months to possibly get back to 80% of his older self.
What excuses are being made for Lebron lol? You're one of the idiots that spams "3/9", so please enlighten me.

You legit count Curry's 2017 and 2018 rings don't you. People shit on KD and call his rings asterisks and he was FMVP for both years. What does that make Curry's?

And how freaking blind are you jackass? Clearly that was an exaggeration to show how much shit LeBron gets for things that aren't even his fault. I don't legitimately think Curry is the reason Boogie is playing like ass:facepalm

Anytime Curry is mentioned you become an irrational bitch. Most of what I said was a hyperbole, but it's a fact that he isn't on Lebron/Kobe's level.

hold this L
06-11-2019, 10:12 PM
What excuses are being made for Lebron lol? You're one of the idiots that spams "3/9", so please enlighten me.
Actually you idiot, no I'm not. Lebron literally has on TV people whose role is to literally make excuses for him, like Nick and LeShannon that are famous for it. I'm even including creepy stans like Simons or people who kiss his ass like yourself. Always "not the favorite", "not expected to win", "it's never his fault", "impossible odds". I have never in my life of watching sports have ever seen an all time great player get so many excuses for himself when he losses by the media as Lebron does, regardless of the sport.

You legit count Curry's 2017 and 2018 rings don't you. People shit on KD and call his rings asterisks and he was FMVP for both years. What does that make Curry's?

And how freaking blind are you jackass? Clearly that was an exaggeration to show how much shit LeBron gets for things that aren't even his fault. I don't legitimately think Curry is the reason Boogie is playing like ass:facepalm
All rings count, just like the Raptors beating this half dead Warriors team. There will be no asterisk, and they will be champions if they close it off. This asterisk concept is just something that is parroted by the media and the sheep eat it at will afterwards. Not saying all rings have the same level of difficulty, Dirks in 2011 was something special in particular.

Anytime Curry is mentioned you become an irrational bitch. Most of what I said was a hyperbole, but it's a fact that he isn't on Lebron/Kobe's level.
Of course he isn't at their level. He needs to accomplish more to get there, if he can do it. I haven't said otherwise unless I was trolling.

DaHeezy
06-11-2019, 10:12 PM
It's because Kawhi doesn't threaten Jordan's legacy.

It's a complete double standards when guys like Lebron get held to those type of standards.
Lebron is so scrutinized I bet the Jordan stans are chomping at the bits right now wanting to diffuse my post and bring up all LeBron's faults.

NBAGOAT
06-11-2019, 10:25 PM
Kawhi similarity to Jordan play style wise gives him a lot of credibility. Add on he’s a great iso scorer with one of the better defensive reputations you see from a perimeter player is the perfect combination to get lauded. A lot of people’s eye test is just focused on scoring and man defense. Tbf scoring 10 pts in a couple minutes is really impressive

Then add on his 2nd option is admittedly not great(whether you think it’s siakam or Lowry). People overfocus on the top like 1-3 guys not giving enough attention to how good or bad the rest are. Why there were threads questioning how good mil was too because Middleton isn’t great for a 2nd guy but having brogdon, Lopez as your 4th and 5th best players with good bench depth is really strong. As we’ve seen with gs, the other guys on those 15-16 teams were significant.

Spurs have been great this decade a lot because of their strong balanced lineups and depth.

Hey Yo
06-12-2019, 08:39 AM
It's because Kawhi doesn't threaten Jordan's legacy.

It's a complete double standards when guys like Lebron get held to those type of standards.
Lebron is so scrutinized I bet the Jordan stans are chomping at the bits right now wanting to diffuse my post and bring up all LeBron's faults.
winner winner, chicken dinner.

:applause:

n00bie
06-12-2019, 09:55 AM
Hard to hate on Kawhi vs. LeBron. He's the total opposite of LeBron's diva personality.

Kawhi hates drama, hates attention, hates media.
LeBron thrives on drama, loves the attention, goes on social media for attention.

Kawhi has never in his whole career asked for more help.
LeBron constantly asks for more help.

Kawhi never recruits stars to join him.
LeBron creates a super team.. still fails.

Kawhi never blames or tries to trade his team mates.
LeBron traded away wiggins, fired his coaches, tried to trade all the young talent on the Lakers.

Kawhi is humble, doesn't play for stats, never said he was the GOAT
LeBron publicly says he's the GOAT, has THE KING tatted on his back.

I can go on and on, but there's many reasons why Kawhi has more sympathy compared to someone like Lebron. Kawhi just plays ball. Doesn't try to be more than he needs to be. All he's doing is trying to win games.

houston
06-12-2019, 12:56 PM
people know Leonard ain't really that dude

FKAri
06-12-2019, 12:58 PM
Hard to hate on Kawhi vs. LeBron. He's the total opposite of LeBron's diva personality.

Kawhi hates drama, hates attention, hates media.
LeBron thrives on drama, loves the attention, goes on social media for attention.

Kawhi has never in his whole career asked for more help.
LeBron constantly asks for more help.

Kawhi never recruits stars to join him.
LeBron creates a super team.. still fails.

Kawhi never blames or tries to trade his team mates.
LeBron traded away wiggins, fired his coaches, tried to trade all the young talent on the Lakers.

Kawhi is humble, doesn't play for stats, never said he was the GOAT
LeBron publicly says he's the GOAT, has THE KING tatted on his back.

I can go on and on, but there's many reasons why Kawhi has more sympathy compared to someone like Lebron. Kawhi just plays ball. Doesn't try to be more than he needs to be. All he's doing is trying to win games.
Ya and that's boring. Lebron brings fans to the arenas. Kawhi is a boring, poorly written character.