PDA

View Full Version : Stop assuming this Achilles injury had anything to do with his previous injury

egokiller
06-11-2019, 11:03 AM
Could have been a freak accident unrelated to the other injury. People need to stop playing doctor.

Shogon
06-11-2019, 11:08 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/jGeuf0mcBdh3q/giphy.gif

egokiller
06-11-2019, 11:10 AM
Unless someone knows for sure, which they don't, these bullshit narratives of "he came back too early" are exactly that. Bullshit narratives. For all we know this was completely unrelated to the previous injury.

Shogon
06-11-2019, 11:18 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/jGeuf0mcBdh3q/giphy.gif

highwhey
06-11-2019, 11:22 AM
Bob Myers should resign. the organization pressured KD into coming back. the official injury report within the org said "no further injury is possible", BS. :facepalm

Overdrive
06-11-2019, 11:30 AM
If any muscle in your leg is weakened it raises chances for ligament tears. Not a big surprise.

egokiller
06-11-2019, 11:33 AM
His leg could have been perfectly healed and ready and this could just be a freak accident. No one knows.

highwhey
06-11-2019, 11:35 AM
If any muscle in your leg is weakened it raises chances for ligament tears. Not a big surprise.
and yet even with world class physicians on their staff, the warriors organization said "no further injury possible", they said it was just a pain threshold thing. :facepalm

i mean, casual fans were calling out the achilles injury before the game bc it's so obvious.

Bronbron23
06-11-2019, 11:37 AM
Could have been a freak accident unrelated to the other injury. People need to stop playing doctor.
Your an idiot

scm5
06-11-2019, 11:38 AM
and yet even with world class physicians on their staff, the warriors organization said "no further injury possible", they said it was just a pain threshold thing. :facepalm

i mean, casual fans were calling out the achilles injury before the game bc it's so obvious.

No, they said that about Looney's injury, not KD's.

Charlie Sheen
06-11-2019, 11:39 AM

Do you think doctors need to stop playing doctor too?

https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc

Overdrive
06-11-2019, 11:39 AM
His leg could have been perfectly healed and ready and this could just be a freak accident. No one knows.

Of course it could, but it wasn't. He was limping 3 days prior.

egokiller
06-11-2019, 11:42 AM
The doctors who examined him said it was healed with no chance for re-injury. They were right. It wasn't a re-injury, it was a different injury.

Overdrive
06-11-2019, 11:43 AM
The doctors who examined him said it was healed with no chance for re-injury. They were right. It wasn't a re-injury, it was a different injury.

Never played sports: Confirmed.

Before you reply, in other words:

If you play through pain you alter your movements to avoid said pain. No training for 1 month? Your muscles are weakened. If you go out and play an NBA game of all things injuries, who usually would be unrelated, might happen. The way those guys play puts extrem stress to their legs.

+He might've received cortison shots to kill the pain. They're ligament killers.

Tbf most of the times it's the ACL that snaps.

Hey Yo
06-11-2019, 11:53 AM
No, they said that about Looney's injury, not KD's.
No, team doctors told Kerr that about KD.

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1138326716701650944

highwhey
06-11-2019, 11:55 AM
No, team doctors told Kerr that about KD.

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1138326716701650944
there you have it, warriors org is responsible for this

ImKobe
06-11-2019, 12:01 PM
And how do you know, OP? If it was a lower calf strain, the achilles would have been affected.

moongaze
06-11-2019, 12:14 PM
Or how about listening to people that actually have torn their achilles? The achilles connects to your calf muscle. If your calf is tight and hurting like that there are most likely slight tears and damage to the achilles. It was an achilles strain to begin with . You can have tightness to the calf when your achilles is slightly torn and sprained. This was all related. It wasn't a freak injury. The areas are connected.

egokiller
06-11-2019, 12:20 PM
Never played sports: Confirmed.

Before you reply, in other words:

If you play through pain you alter your movements to avoid said pain. No training for 1 month? Your muscles are weakened. If you go out and play an NBA game of all things injuries, who usually would be unrelated, might happen. The way those guys play puts extrem stress to their legs.

+He might've received cortison shots to kill the pain. They're ligament killers.

Tbf most of the times it's the ACL that snaps.

It's time to stop playing keyboard doctor. :facepalm I'm sure I can best you in more sports than you can best me in. Btw, darts, bowling, and pool aren't what I consider sports so you can cross those off your list.

Again, what part of the doctors saying the injury was healed and he was cleared to play aren't you understanding? If the injury is healed, and he injures something else, it wasn't because of a healed previous injury.

Overdrive
06-11-2019, 12:30 PM
It's time to stop playing keyboard doctor. :facepalm I'm sure I can best you in more sports than you can best me in. Btw, darts, bowling, and pool aren't what I consider sports so you can cross those off your list.

Again, what part of the doctors saying the injury was healed and he was cleared to play aren't you understanding. If the injury is healed, and he injures something else, it wasn't because of a healed previous injury.

Maybe it was healed, but again:

-32 days without training means muscle atrophy. Which means more stress on the ligaments/tendons.
-Did he receive shots to his calf?
-He wore an icebag after game 3, 4 days later he was cleared to practice. Pretty unlikely he was at 100%. Usually after an month off you do muscle strengthening training before you do full contact practice. He was rushed back.

I doubt you ever suffered an injury. Else you'd know this, maybe you played sports, but it seems unlikely if you never went through any injury that required some sort of rehab.
It's not about trying to be a doctor. I'm not doing diagnosis, but I had my fair share of injuries and went through those stages. Also worked for an orthopedist.

egokiller
06-11-2019, 12:36 PM
Maybe it was healed, but again:

-32 days without training means muscle atrophy. Which means more stress on the ligaments/tendons.
-Did he receive shots to his calf?
-He wore an icebag after game 3, 4 days later he was cleared to practice. Pretty unlikely he was at 100%. Usually after an month off you do muscle strengthening training before you do full contact practice. He was rushed back.

I doubt you ever suffered an injury. Else you'd know this, maybe you played sports, but it seems unlikely if you never went through any injury that required some sort of rehab.
It's not about trying to be a doctor. I'm not doing diagnosis, but I had my fair share of injuries and went through those stages. Also worked for an orthopedist.

Who is saying he sat around for 32 days and did nothing? I've fractured my 5th metatarsal before by landing on someone's foot after a dunk. If my foot fully heals and all the muscles and ligaments around it are functioning normally just as they were before and I pull a calf muscle, it has nothing to do with the previous injury. There's way too many speculations being made here but the one fact that we do know is that the doctors said he was healed and cleared to play.

SwayDizzle
06-11-2019, 12:40 PM
Is the OP legit retarded? I feel bad

moongaze
06-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Is the OP legit retarded? I feel bad

Yes. Never suffered an achilles strain/tear and thinks doctors are God and are always right

TheBranStan
06-11-2019, 12:43 PM
Who is saying he sat around for 32 days and did nothing? I've fractured my 5th metatarsal before by landing on someone's foot after a dunk. If my foot fully heals and all the muscles and ligaments around it are functioning normally just as they were before and I pull a calf muscle, it has nothing to do with the previous injury. There's way too many speculations being made here but the one fact that we do know is that the doctors said he was healed and cleared to play.
:facepalm

moongaze
06-11-2019, 12:43 PM

:biggums: :hammerhead:

egokiller
06-11-2019, 12:45 PM
Yes. Never suffered an achilles strain/tear and thinks doctors are God and are always right

:facepalm

MJ(Mean John)
06-11-2019, 12:46 PM

Finally. A Smart person on this board. You see, this is what people fail to understand. they don't see how they body works, how it's a machine. Now, you gotta remember, Medicine and Physicians are not perfect, they are a work in progress. Something they didn't know yesterday they will figure out today.

So even IF* KD was ruled "Clear to Play. No risk of further injury", what could have been possible, was there was no risk to furthering his current pre-existing injury HOWEVER, his status put his entire body at a greater risk of overall injury than had he been fully healthy.

Your body is a machine, it compensates. So if his "calf" was giving him issues, he would be compensating by using his foot more than he would be, thus in fact causing the Achilles injury. WHICH* May have been the case with Kobe as well. Does that injury happen if he isn't out there playing hurt? we don't know. A physician can always give his best estimate, but he will never KNOW FOR SURE.

Overdrive
06-11-2019, 12:48 PM

He sure did strength training while he was limping. As an amateur it might be ok if you feel fine, but usually you start out playing softer and checking out what you can do or not. An NBA game isn't the right place for doing full contact for the 2nd time in 32 days. It was a stupid decision.

FKAri
06-11-2019, 12:53 PM
It is possible but when you get an injury it forces other parts of your body to compensate. This means not only more strain in other areas but strain in ways those areas might not be trained to endure. Then when you come back from an injury you need to get back to training the motions you haven't been exposing your body to for the whole time that you were out. Thus furthering an injury risk.

But this is all aside from the bigger point, which imo is that his original "calf injury" sure as hell looked more like an achilles strain.

egokiller
06-11-2019, 12:54 PM
Doctors don't know that the injury has to be fully healed and everything in working order the way it was prior to the injury before clearing him to play so that another injury isn't at risk due to muscle atrophy or lack of conditioning. Who would have thought!

And who says you don't learn something new everyday. :rolleyes:

highwhey
06-11-2019, 12:54 PM
It is possible but his "calf injury" sure as hell looked liked an achilles strain.
https://twitter.com/ACLrecoveryCLUB/status/1138268211378450432

looks like the achilles popped my dude

brutal

FKAri
06-11-2019, 12:59 PM
Doctors don't know that the injury has to be fully healed and everything in working order the way it was prior to the injury before clearing him to play so that another injury isn't at risk due to muscle atrophy or lack of conditioning. Who would have thought!

I think it's more likely that the doctors were hedging their bets that he was healthy enough to not tear his achilles in these 3 games. At that point the doctors took the onus on themselves and told KD only positive things (at least until the series would be over) so he would not be mentally afraid on the court. If they were right, everyone comes out ahead, including the miracle working doctors, the savior KD, the orgs as champs. Then they probably put KD on some long term rehab where he misses most of next season.

Miles and Miles
06-11-2019, 01:07 PM

His previous injury was an Achilles injury so it's related. They tried to downplay/hide the original injury and call it a "calf strain"

egokiller
06-11-2019, 01:08 PM
I think it's more likely that the doctors were hedging their bets that he was healthy enough to not tear his achilles in these 3 games. At that point the doctors took the onus on themselves and told KD only positive things (at least until the series would be over) so he would not be mentally afraid on the court. If they were right, everyone comes out ahead, including the miracle working doctors, the savior KD, the orgs as champs. Then they probably put KD on some long term rehab where he misses most of next season.

That some straight up bullshit if true. He's putting his faith in their examination and they are coming back saying "100%, good to go."

Levity
06-11-2019, 01:10 PM
His previous injury was an Achilles injury so it's related. They tried to downplay/hide the original injury and call it a "calf strain"

reggie millers hoping youre right. because that was his go-to commentary when it first happened during the game he was calling. Achilles! Achilles! Achilles!

Miles and Miles
06-11-2019, 01:11 PM
reggie millers hoping youre right. because that was his go-to commentary when it first happened during the game he was calling. Achilles! Achilles! Achilles!

The first one was as obvious and Achilles problem as the second one was. I have had my share of Achilles problems.

Overdrive
06-11-2019, 01:14 PM

Doctors are never wrong.

PP34Deuce
06-11-2019, 01:23 PM
I'm no doctor but like some of you that have played sports, we know calf strains are different from Achilles.

Calf doesn't put you out of action for over a month.

PistonsFan#21
06-11-2019, 01:41 PM
That some straight up bullshit if true. He's putting his faith in their examination and they are coming back saying "100%, good to go."

So you seriously believe KD miraculously came back 100% healthy right when his team was down 3-1 and on the verge of being eliminated :rolleyes:

Its obvious he would have taken more time off if it was just a regular season game. It seemed like he even was on minute restrictions and was getting his leg iced up everytime he went back to the bench.

I seriously hope this is a troll thread and you aren't this naive to think the 2 injuries are unrelated. Doctors in San Antonio also cleared Kawhi to play after his ankle injury but he obviously knew his body better than them

Bronbron23
06-11-2019, 01:43 PM
Op is just being an annoying bish. He like everyone else knows the injuries are related. When he did it a month ago the first thing everyone said was it looked like an Achilles injury. First thing kd did was grab his Achilles :facepalm

bigkingsfan
06-11-2019, 01:44 PM
That's not true.

"Grade 2 calf strain: There is partial tearing of muscle fibers, so a person will be unable to continue the activity. Full recovery takes approximately five to eight weeks.

Grade 3 calf strain: This is the most severe calf strain with a complete tearing or rupture of muscle fibers in the lower leg."

BigKobeFan
06-11-2019, 02:09 PM
When one part of the body fails, the person typically becomes self aware of that injury. Then when making a move, you typically will favor that part of the body. then you will pull another part of a muscle.

ILLsmak
06-11-2019, 02:26 PM
**** outta here.

-Smak

stalkerforlife
06-11-2019, 03:22 PM
Good point, OP.

May have nothing to do with previous "injury."

NBAGOAT
06-11-2019, 03:27 PM
You

NBAGOAT
06-11-2019, 03:28 PM
I'm no doctor but like some of you that have played sports, we know calf strains are different from Achilles.

Grade 2 calf strain can

egokiller
06-11-2019, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE=NBAGOAT][b]You

NBAGOAT
06-11-2019, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=egokiller]Riiiiiiiiight. That

highwhey
06-11-2019, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=NBAGOAT]There is no other good explanation for this thread. I don

egokiller
06-11-2019, 04:54 PM
him and warriorfan are working OT trying to clean up the PR on this shitshow that is 100% the fault of the warriors organization :oldlol:

It would mainly be the fault of the doctors if they lied to KD and said he was good to go when he wasn

highwhey
06-11-2019, 05:00 PM
[QUOTE=egokiller]It would mainly be the fault of the doctors if they lied to KD and said he was good to go when he wasn

NBAGOAT
06-11-2019, 05:08 PM
It would mainly be the fault of the doctors if they lied to KD and said he was good to go when he wasn’t.

Who do the doctors work for lol? I’m not screaming for their heads but it was a huge risk not worth it. I would only do that if some player died like that Maryland football guy

Smook A.
06-11-2019, 05:10 PM
You're an idiot if you don't believe KD's previous injury had nothing to do with the Achilles injury

red1
06-11-2019, 05:15 PM
how is every single thing that you post wrong OP.

jesus christ.

Meticode
06-11-2019, 05:15 PM
egokiller,

Can you please just shut the **** up for once and talk about something else other than KD or your slights at LeBron? Jesus Christ. All you do is push narratives too you hypocritical opossum.

Bankaii
06-11-2019, 05:19 PM
Stopped reading after this. It's clear this dude is talking right out his ass:oldlol:

Miles and Miles
06-11-2019, 05:38 PM
I went back and looked and they originally diagnosed the first injury as a "grade 1 calf strain" which is a flat lie all the way around.

dazzer87
06-11-2019, 05:53 PM
yeah right ice bag sooo low on his leg..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
https://scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/16f0dca9348032a316c2d42de746d980/5D925DE9/t51.2885-15/e35/p1080x1080/61394758_399568253977493_5505941914472531748_n.jpg