PDA

View Full Version : Curry's CAREER Finals Stats - 26.8/5.8/6.2 on 59.5% TS

StrongLurk
06-11-2019, 05:20 PM
27/6/6 - WAY better than a lot of stars. Honestly those are better finals numbers than Kobe.

Curry has actually scored more points in the finals than Duncan, Wade, and Bird.

Respect Steph Curry

Manny98
06-11-2019, 05:56 PM
Better than Kobe for sure :applause:

IllegalD
06-11-2019, 05:57 PM
27/6/6 - WAY better than a lot of stars. Honestly those are better finals numbers than Kobe.

Curry has actually scored more points in the finals than Duncan, Wade, and Bird.

Respect Steph Curry

No Finals MVP, No defense, No signature Finals moments like those other guys.

9peat11
06-11-2019, 06:56 PM
6-24

ILLsmak
06-11-2019, 07:48 PM

Respect Steph Curry

He's probably better than kobe but has a worse resume so far. Those other guys are probably all better than curry. Imagine d wade getting so many finals trips after his atg one. Maybe he doesn't repeat 06, maybe he becomes a legend.

Curry is hit or miss in the finals. He's volatile. But getting so many Ws and so many trips to finals/rings certainly stacks his resume.

-Smak

hold this L
06-11-2019, 07:57 PM
He's probably better than kobe but has a worse resume so far. Those other guys are probably all better than curry. Imagine d wade getting so many finals trips after his atg one. Maybe he doesn't repeat 06, maybe he becomes a legend.

Curry is hit or miss in the finals. He's volatile. But getting so many Ws and so many trips to finals/rings certainly stacks his resume.

-Smak
How is he hit or miss? 3 ships in 4 attempts, 5 finals in a row that's never been done except when janitors were also professional basketball players. He had 1 bad series and generally has 1 terrible game filled with great ones in every other final. 10th all time in scoring in NBA finals, and he's a PG.

And did you just say Wade is better than Kobe? What is wrong with you?

3ball
06-11-2019, 08:16 PM
Most of Curry's Finals stats occurred in the last 3 years, when league-wide ortg and TS set new records each year

So you have to account for era

Curry was an 18 ppg player on 5 three-point attempt (2010-2012), before modern drive-kick/space strategy allowed higher 3-pt volume

So he would average a lot less in prior eras where the drive-and-kick strategy didn't exist to get him the three-point attempts he needs to average a lot of pts

14.5 ppg in the 70's
16.5 ppg in the 80's
18.5 ppg in the 90's thru 2012

StrongLurk
06-11-2019, 08:23 PM
Most of Curry's Finals stats occurred in the last 3 years, when league-wide ortg and TS set new records each year

So you have to account for era

Curry was an 18 ppg player on 5 three-point attempt (2010-2012), before modern drive-kick/space strategy allowed higher 3-pt volume

So he would average a lot less in prior eras where the drive-and-kick strategy didn't exist to get him the three-point attempts he needs to average a lot of pts

14.5 ppg in the 70's
16.5 ppg in the 80's
18.5 ppg in the 90's thru 2012

By trolling, you have shown Steph the utmost respect. Thank you.

Vino24
06-11-2019, 08:24 PM
these numbers are better than 2nd 3peat MJ :cheers:

3ball
06-11-2019, 08:46 PM
these numbers are better than 2nd 3peat MJ :cheers:
Not even close

On Thursday I'll post all the relevant stats, i.e. percentage of team points scored while player was on floor (including 4th quarter), contested shooting percentage, 4th quarter stats, clutch stats, team ortg impact, net rating

You know, the stuff that wins games.. :cheers:

superduper
06-11-2019, 09:05 PM
By trolling, you have shown Steph the utmost respect. Thank you.

:oldlol:

ILLsmak
06-11-2019, 09:06 PM
How is he hit or miss? 3 ships in 4 attempts, 5 finals in a row that's never been done except when janitors were also professional basketball players. He had 1 bad series and generally has 1 terrible game filled with great ones in every other final. 10th all time in scoring in NBA finals, and he's a PG.

And did you just say Wade is better than Kobe? What is wrong with you?

In the 06 finals Yea. He played better basketball than kobe ever did. Wade is right up there with kobe as a player, might even be a wash. Kobe is "overrated" due to Rangz n stats. Wade is better than you're giving him credit for being.

Curry is hit or miss per game not per series. He could be miss all series or miss in a big game. It's just probability.

I liked what I saw of him driving tho.

-Smak

warriorfan
06-11-2019, 09:07 PM
In the 06 finals Yea. He played better basketball than kobe ever did. Wade is right up there with kobe as a player, might even be a wash. Kobe is "overrated" due to Rangz n stats. Wade is better than you're giving him credit for being.

Curry is hit or miss per game not per series. He could be miss all series or miss in a big game. It's just probability.

-Smak

And Lebron only won 2 with this guy. Damn!

superduper
06-11-2019, 09:08 PM

-Smak

Wade's absolute peak is higher than Kobe's absolute peak for sure. But Kobe was overall slightly more skilled and slightly better.

ILLsmak
06-11-2019, 09:11 PM
Wade's absolute peak is higher than Kobe's absolute peak for sure. But Kobe was overall slightly more skilled and slightly better.

The cliff notes of my post.

But my point was imagine wade was on a team that made the finals four or five straight during that time. He could be regarded as top ten. Maybe he'd come down to earth; he wasn't past prime when he joined w Bron but he wasn't as good as he was in 05 n 06.

-Smak

StrongLurk
06-11-2019, 09:13 PM
Guys, this is about CURRY.

Curry has scored more finals points than Wade, Duncan, AND Bird, and has three rings...

Pretty sure he is also top 10 in ppg in finals HISTORY AND near the top in efficiency.

RSC.

superduper
06-11-2019, 09:14 PM
But the hot take scientists aka the media don't think he's good

warriorfan
06-11-2019, 09:16 PM
But the hot take scientists aka the media don't think he's good

That

FromDowntown
06-11-2019, 11:48 PM
Curry is an amazing Finals performer, he only had 1 bad year and has since made up for it

hold this L
06-11-2019, 11:53 PM

-Smak
Wade is the 3rd greatest SG of all time, but you can't use one series to make a point. Kobe overall has easily been better than Wade.

ImKobe
06-12-2019, 12:55 AM

-Smak

lol if only Kobe played defenses as bad as the 2006 Mavs. Didn't he outscore them in 3 quarters in their own house, getting 25 FTs in the process while not having any offensive help(no one even scored 10 points)? Even Duncan put up prime Shaq numbers in the WCF that could have gone either way.

Curry's numbers are cute, but then you look at the defenses he went up against in 4 out of 5 Finals and it's Cleveland, that was ranked 18th in 2015, 10th in 2016, 21st in 2017 and 29th in 2018.

Only time Kobe faced a mediocre defense was 2000, and that's when he was only 21 and injured for most of the series.

Mr Feeny
06-12-2019, 04:40 AM
No Finals MVP, No defense, No signature Finals moments like those other guys.

You're acting as if Kobe played defense in those finals. Austin Croshere decimated him. Let that sink in.

Mr Feeny
06-12-2019, 04:48 AM
lol if only Kobe played defenses as bad as the 2006 Mavs. Didn't he outscore them in 3 quarters in their own house, getting 25 FTs in the process while not having any offensive help(no one even scored 10 points)? Even Duncan put up prime Shaq numbers in the WCF that could have gone either way.

Curry's numbers are cute, but then you look at the defenses he went up against in 4 out of 5 Finals and it's Cleveland, that was ranked 18th in 2015, 10th in 2016, 21st in 2017 and 29th in 2018.

Only time Kobe faced a mediocre defense was 2000, and that's when he was only 21 and injured for most of the series.

Riiiight. Because the Dallas maverick in December of 2005 played the same way they did by June. Do you make a concentrated effort to sound as obtuse as you do?

Mr Feeny
06-12-2019, 04:50 AM
Wade is the 3rd greatest SG of all time, but you can't use one series to make a point. Kobe overall has easily been better than Wade.

It depends on what you value. For those who value peak play, they'll take Wade because he had a higher peak than Kobe ever did. Other people look at body of work and would take Kobe. I'm one of those who looks at peak play. Curry might not add to his titles, for example, but at his peak (2016) he was one of the best 6-7 players to ever play.

ILLsmak
06-12-2019, 07:18 AM
It depends on what you value. For those who value peak play, they'll take Wade because he had a higher peak than Kobe ever did. Other people look at body of work and would take Kobe. I'm one of those who looks at peak play. Curry might not add to his titles, for example, but at his peak (2016) he was one of the best 6-7 players to ever play.

Yea I'm going further: peak in late playoffs/finals. Vs really good teams in a series. Curry does have a black mark losing as a 73 win team even if logically they were already breaking down and had to deal with dray being a moron. A player at their absolute peak, you'd think, would find a way.

Again I'm not judging wade on one year and was just using kobe as a barometer. Saying curry probably peaked higher and was a better player for longer, but kobes got a 3 peat n 82b. Neither or which are easy. But his his team w gasol and Odom or artest was pretty stacked and of course he had prime Shaq to three peat.

My what if for wade is still the same, it was mentioned curry has more points or whatever than wade but my point was if wade got to stay deep in the playoffs like 05 and 06, I mean really in 05 I think they could have won if he didn't get injured. They were very close. If that continues thru 08 then he looks much different as an atg level. It's like Bron. Circumstances lead to them getting in position to play on the biggest stage, curry has been lucky in that respect. I don't think curry is an atg finals performer. But he did have a really good game the other day.

Edit: I also can't imagine prime wade getting grilled for a finals winning shot or getting played at least even by a kyrie tier player, but kyrie is also underrated. If we're gonna say KD's legacy means nothing since he joined a super team then we gotta remember curry is also on that team and what he has done since kd is a bit less valuable esp considering he didn't get a fmvp and Durant was putting up atg numbers. It was like a Shaq kobe thing performance wise.

-Smak

ImKobe
06-12-2019, 07:25 AM
Riiiight. Because the Dallas maverick in December of 2005 played the same way they did by June. Do you make a concentrated effort to sound as obtuse as you do?

So you're going to act like the Mavericks were elite defensively and didn't routinely allow big games from opposing guards? Their rim protector played maybe 20 minutes a game and the rest is Dirk playing with a bunch of short guys. You think Kobe's having trouble against Stackhouse or Devin Harris? didn't Kobe score 42 on Stackhouse in a half? Imagine Stack, Terry or Harris guarding Kobe.

3ball
06-12-2019, 02:40 PM
Multiple black marks put you out of the top 10, so guys like Curry (16', 19') and Lebron (09-11', 14', 17',18') are out

Vino24
06-12-2019, 02:43 PM
Multiple black marks put you out of the top 10, so guys like Curry (16', 19') and Lebron (09-11', 14', 17',18') are out
MJ wasn

SouBeachTalents
06-12-2019, 02:47 PM
Yep, which is why Jordan (85-90, 95, 02-03) is outside of the top 10 too

Hey Yo
06-12-2019, 02:49 PM
Guys, this is about CURRY.

Curry has scored more finals points than Wade, Duncan, AND Bird, and has three rings...

Pretty sure he is also top 10 in ppg in finals HISTORY AND near the top in efficiency.

RSC.
He's only been 1st option in 2 of the 4 finals he's played in.

3ball
06-12-2019, 02:51 PM
MJ wasn’t capable of leading everyone in everything despite having multiple opportunities to do so. He couldn’t shoulder the burden
^^^ Lebron mostly lost doing that

so apparently it's better to be statistically dominant in OTHER ways that allow teammates to play to capacity and the team to have championship teamwork/brand of ball/dynasty capability

A player can be statistically dominant in other ways like being the goat scorer (10-30 more than 2nd option in every series) without dominating the ball (low time of possession), and goat clutch - this style would fit with any system or type of teammate, and therefore yield goat teamwork/teams

Don't say it ain't possible because the goat did it

Vino24
06-12-2019, 02:57 PM
^^^ Lebron mostly lost doing that

so apparently it's better to be statistically dominant in OTHER ways that allow teammates to play to capacity and the team to have championship teamwork/brand of ball/dynasty capability

A player can be statistically dominant in other ways like being the goat scorer (10-30 more than 2nd option in every series) without dominating the ball (low time of possession), and goat clutch - this style would fit with any system or type of teammate, and therefore yield goat teamwork/teams

Don't say it ain't possible because the goat did it
It

3ball
06-12-2019, 03:02 PM
Yep, which is why Jordan (85-90, 95, 02-03) is outside of the top 10 too
MJ never lost as the favorite or with home court, so he has no black marks - you can't choke as the underdog.. :confusedshrug:

Otoh, Lebron lost as the favorite from 09-11' and also by record amount in 14' as even money (favorites in many places) - that's 4 bonafide black marks.....

plus I like to add 17' because how the hell does the greatest player ever only win 51 games and be massive dogs with prime Kyrie and Love?.. it's impossible - so by the goat standard, that's a black mark... equation of "goat+ kyrie/love = competitive" didn't hold so he obviously isn't goat and is doing something wrong (too ball-dominant for his position)..

Also, 18' is a black mark because of the record defeat when kawhi is winning with weaker casts

And of course, Curry's losses as the favorite in 16' and 19' are legendary

Vino24
06-12-2019, 03:05 PM
Going 1-9 is a black mark. Retiring in your prime for load management is a black mark.

3ball
06-12-2019, 03:06 PM
Going 1-9 is a black mark. Retiring in your prime for load management is a black mark.
you can't have a black mark as the underdog and MJ only lost as underdog, never a favorite..

Otoh, Lebron lost as the favorite from 09-11' and also by record amount in 14' as even money (favorites in many places) - that's 4 bonafide black marks.....

plus I like to add 17' because how the hell does the greatest player ever only win 51 games and be massive dogs with prime Kyrie and Love?.. it's impossible - so by the goat standard, that's a black mark... equation of "goat+ kyrie/love = competitive" didn't hold so he obviously isn't goat and is doing something wrong (too ball-dominant for his position)..

Also, 18' is a black mark because of the record defeat, now that kawhi/mini-MJ is winning with weaker casts

And of course, Curry's losses as the favorite in 16' and 19' are legendary

StrongLurk
06-12-2019, 05:26 PM
He's only been 1st option in 2 of the 4 finals he's played in.

Curry has played in 5 finals and has been first option in 3 of them...being second option to KD is not a bad thing or criticism...

Kobe was second option to Shaq, yet Kobe is still top 10 all time. KD honestly is as good as Bird/Kobe talent/skill-wise...but people don't respect Durant so they don't want him in the top 10.