PDA

View Full Version : Greatest TV Shows you've watched after the fact

MJ(Mean John)
06-11-2019, 06:28 PM
I'm always late to watch TV Shows. I guess, when I was younger, I never watched TV at all, if it wasn't an NBA/NFL game or boxing/MMA type event. Now that I'm older, I'm finding out about a bunch of shows that I missed out on. So I'm going to give ya'll a list of shows I slept on and watched after it aired and a list of shows that I keep hearing I should watch.

1. Shows that I caught late and watched

The Wire- Just finished watching it yesterday. Such a good show. (8.5/10)
Oz- Watched it this year, also a good show (8/10)
Breaking Bad- Watched it last year, loved it. (8.5/10)
Prison Break- Caught on during S5, good show (7/10)
Game of Thrones- Caught on during S7. Maybe best show of all time. (9/10)
Power-Caught on during S4. Good show (7.5/10)

2. Shows that I want to watch and keep hearing good things about:

Stranger Things
Narcos
Sopranos

3. Shows that I've heard good things but most likely may never catch my attention

The walking Dead
Thirteen Reasons why
House of Cards
Dexter
Orange is the New Black
Westworld

REQUEST: Shoot me some shows that I'm missing out on!

Shogon
06-11-2019, 06:34 PM
The Sopranos is the greatest show in the history of television.

House of Cards was fantastic and super refreshing in season 1 and then ended up being utter dog shit by the last season. Don't waste your time.

Levity
06-11-2019, 06:44 PM
Patriot (amazon prime. 2 seasons)

watched season about a year after it came out. LOVED IT. then season 2 came out a few months after.

dazzer87
06-11-2019, 06:48 PM
Sopranos greatest......
2. The Wire.
3. Cheers

ArbitraryWater
06-11-2019, 06:50 PM
we all watched em after the fact for the most part

but good job trying to make a repetitive thread from a different angle

highwhey
06-11-2019, 07:05 PM
The Wire and Sopranos are in their own category. Every other show is below them.

Breaking Bad was great as well, I was fortunate to watch it while it was like 3 seasons in, caught up to it and loved it till the end.

Chernobyl is one that I highly recommend, only 5 episodes but it truly was a masterpiece and currently the highest rated TV show on IMDB.

True Detective season 1 was amazing and some overall great TV. The other seasons of this show are unrelated but season 3 was pretty good as well.

I like good cop dramas and think Bosch, Southland and 19-2 are three entertaining cop dramas. They

MJ(Mean John)
06-11-2019, 07:06 PM
we all watched em after the fact for the most part

but good job trying to make a repetitive thread from a different angle

lol. sorry boss, don't have time to sit here and go through each and every thread that was created or to have 34,000 posts in a few years like you. lol

Draz
06-11-2019, 07:59 PM
Great thread. Just finished S1 of The Society. While it has a 7.1 it was decent and I'm curious about them finding a solution.

I loved Money Heist, Ozark, Narcos, Breaking Bad, That 70's Show (binged all 7-8 seasons straight), The Office, Stranger Things. Black Mirror, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Prison Break, American Horror Story, Lost, The Walking Dead (forgot what episode I'm on, it's after the Asian guy dies if someone wants to assist me on finding out where, was using some girls account I used to fck with), Big Mouth, You, Sex Education, F is for Family, and many more I'm missing I'll add when I find out.

I'm currently watching:
Now They See US
Chernobyl
Scrubs
Twilight Zone (the new one)

Need some more shows. I'm considering Game of Thrones, The Wire & House of Cards. My friend was telling me about Sabrina and Queen of the South. I can't make it past the first 5 minutes in Orange is the new black. I'm hearing about The 100, I tried a few minutes in and didn't seem engaged but I'll give it another go.

1987_Lakers
06-11-2019, 08:48 PM

This is a forgotten great show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX_6_R1NsoQ

MJ(Mean John)
06-11-2019, 09:33 PM
Great thread. Just finished S1 of The Society. While it has a 7.1 it was decent and I'm curious about them finding a solution.

I loved Money Heist, Ozark, Narcos, Breaking Bad, That 70's Show (binged all 7-8 seasons straight), The Office, Stranger Things. Black Mirror, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Prison Break, American Horror Story, Lost, The Walking Dead (forgot what episode I'm on, it's after the Asian guy dies if someone wants to assist me on finding out where, was using some girls account I used to fck with), Big Mouth, You, Sex Education, F is for Family, and many more I'm missing I'll add when I find out.

I'm currently watching:
Now They See US
Chernobyl
Scrubs
Twilight Zone (the new one)

Need some more shows. I'm considering Game of Thrones, The Wire & House of Cards. My friend was telling me about Sabrina and Queen of the South. I can't make it past the first 5 minutes in Orange is the new black. I'm hearing about The 100, I tried a few minutes in and didn't seem engaged but I'll give it another go.

Ok. You need to start Game of Thrones. It

Andrei89
06-12-2019, 08:24 AM
[QUOTE=MJ(Mean John)]Ok. You need to start Game of Thrones. It

glidedrxlr22
06-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Two must watch miniseries. Ten episodes each:

Band of Brothers (WWII in Europe)
The Pacific (WWII in Southeast Asia)

Band of Brothers is better, but The Pacific is no slouch. They both have great battle choreography...on par or equal to Saving Private Ryan. The beginning episodes can be slow, but just hang in there with these series. An unknown at the time Tom Hardy appears in a few episodes of BoB. Also a young Rami Malek is in The Pacific along with the kid from Jurassic Park....come to think of it...they were both in Bohemian Rhapsody too.

http://mediafiles.cineplex.com/Blog/English/Actors/hardy_bob.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/df/a0/a5/dfa0a5a7259bd263dab5741461d87e6c.gif
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~Q4AAOSwdiFcVhmu/s-l300.jpg

Terahite
06-12-2019, 03:25 PM
The Wire and Sopranos are in their own category. Every other show is below them.

First time I have ever agreed with this poster. :cheers: OP putting Breaking Bad in the same tier. :facepalm

glidedrxlr22
06-12-2019, 03:40 PM
First time I have ever agreed with this poster. :cheers: OP putting Breaking Bad in the same tier. :facepalm

I'm ashamed. I've never seen The Wire. :facepalm

I agree though. Sopranos is top tier and Breaking bad is on the next tier.

ArbitraryWater
06-12-2019, 05:25 PM
lol. sorry boss, don't have time to sit here and go through each and every thread that was created or to have 34,000 posts in a few years like you. lol

no i honestly complimented you, sort of, i guess.. maybe not, ban thread, lock op

Charlie Sheen
06-12-2019, 05:31 PM
Shameless
One Punch Man if it counts

1987_Lakers
06-12-2019, 05:55 PM
I'm ashamed. I've never seen The Wire. :facepalm

I agree though. Sopranos is top tier and Breaking bad is on the next tier.

Breaking Bad is the only all-time great show that didn't drop in quality as the seasons went on.

The Sopranos dropped their quality in season 6, same with The Wire in season 5, Game of Thrones in seasons 7-8.

With that said, The Sopranos will be the show that is remembered 20 years from now. They completely changed the way TV shows are made, there is no Walter White without Tony Soprano.

Im so nba'd out
06-12-2019, 06:20 PM
look look look look OP, cut the bs.Stop what ever fking show you're currently watching as of today and watch the fking Sopranos!

You went back to watch fking OZ (which is great) and didnt watch the Sopranos...are you fking shitting me.

After you are done with the Sopranos bump this thread and i will direct you to the next show to watch on your list in order of quality.

bladefd
06-12-2019, 06:51 PM
Breaking Bad is the only all-time great show that didn't drop in quality as the seasons went on.

The Sopranos dropped their quality in season 6, same with The Wire in season 5, Game of Thrones in seasons 7-8.

With that said, The Sopranos will be the show that is remembered 20 years from now. They completely changed the way TV shows are made, there is no Walter White without Tony Soprano.

Sopranos is tough to watch imo. I saw first 2 episodes then never revisited for some reason :confusedshrug:

Should I?

MJ(Mean John)
06-12-2019, 09:57 PM
look look look look OP, cut the bs.Stop what ever fking show you're currently watching as of today and watch the fking Sopranos!

You went back to watch fking OZ (which is great) and didnt watch the Sopranos...are you fking shitting me.

After you are done with the Sopranos bump this thread and i will direct you to the next show to watch on your list in order of quality.

LMAO!! Bro.. I

MJ(Mean John)
06-12-2019, 09:58 PM

Hmmm. Maybe. Initially, I didn

MJ(Mean John)
06-12-2019, 10:01 PM
no i honestly complimented you, sort of, i guess.. maybe not, ban thread, lock op

Lol, my bad. I have a confrontational mind, always looking for a fight. (I

1987_Lakers
06-12-2019, 10:20 PM
Sopranos is tough to watch imo. I saw first 2 episodes then never revisited for some reason :confusedshrug:

Should I?

The first season is kind of outdated if you compare it to shows today, some cheesy Godfather references, out of place music, but still good TV. It gets better as you watch it, trust me.

bigkingsfan
06-12-2019, 10:49 PM

Should I?
That's me with Sopranos and the Wire, The Wire I at least got to EP 5 or so.

MJ(Mean John)
08-28-2019, 10:35 PM

Bump.

I

MJ(Mean John)
08-28-2019, 10:38 PM
I saw Narcos also.

So Narcos S1+2 were the best. 3 was cool, and Mexico took a little warming up but it was good.

Stranger things S2 was slow but S3 was awesome.

Dro
08-28-2019, 11:13 PM
I was late to GOT and the Sopranos. Both are absolutely great. I was also late to Breaking Bad which I'm watching now. I'm on the 3rd episode. I can't watch stuff one episode per week, **** that. I have to binge watch stuff so I'm late to everything. I haven't even watched Power yet.-

Also count me in the camp that absolutely HATED the season finale of the Sopranos.

highwhey
08-28-2019, 11:18 PM
[QUOTE=MJ(Mean John)]Bump.

I

Bawkish
08-29-2019, 04:28 AM
The Wire
Sopranos
Breaking Bad
The Shield
Fargo
Banshee
Justified
The Expanse
Mindhunter
Deadwood
Rome

MJ(Mean John)
09-05-2019, 07:33 PM
The Wire
Sopranos
Breaking Bad
The Shield
Fargo
Banshee
Justified
The Expanse
Mindhunter
Deadwood
Rome

Everyone keeps talking about Mindhunter. what's it about?
almost done w Soprano's. Starting S6

NBAGOAT
09-06-2019, 12:27 AM
Most of the stuff I

Facepalm
09-06-2019, 12:41 AM
I'll name some that aren't talked about as much. Most are genre shows

The Boys - Twist on the superhero genre (Heroes are assholes)
The Expanse - Hard sci-fi, GOT in space
Carnival Row - Victorian steampunk, alt history fantasy, GOT with fairies (they even have sister fvcking!)
Peaky Blinders - British crime family saga (The Godfather in England)
The Man in the High Castle - Alt history sci fi (Axis win WW2 and divide up America)
Fringe - Sci fi, alternative dimensions (X-files with super science instead of supernatural)
Community - Much smarter "geek" sitcom then the Big Bang Theory

Shows that are great but are always talked about:

Breaking Bad
Narcos
Stranger Things
Westworld
GOT (until the last few seasons)

highwhey
09-06-2019, 12:42 AM
[QUOTE=NBAGOAT]Most of the stuff I

NBAGOAT
09-06-2019, 01:11 AM
Seinfeld is great, still watch a random episode every other night before bed.

but the GOAT sitcom is The Office.

I like the office but actually not a huge fan. Prefer community or 30 rock. Michaels an all time great character definitely however.

For a drama that

Bawkish
09-06-2019, 02:46 AM
Everyone keeps talking about Mindhunter. what's it about?
almost done w Soprano's. Starting S6

it's about the birth of FBI's Behavioral Science Unit, who specializes in profiling the worst serial killers in history (Kemper, Son of Sam etc.) and their struggles to become a legitimate process in the Bureau

don't expect Silence of Lambs type of thriller, it's more of a dialogue type but don't mistake that as boring. The actors who portrayed the serial killers were so spot on it's kinda creepy & spectacular at the same time

Im so nba'd out
09-06-2019, 07:29 AM
[QUOTE=MJ(Mean John)]Bump.

I

Draz
09-06-2019, 08:24 AM
You guys NEED to watch Money Heist. It's fcking great. One of my favorite shows. Finished it but there's going to be a new season. Waiting for Ozark.

MJ(Mean John)
09-06-2019, 01:11 PM
Walking dead and its not close. by far the best show remaining on your list (other shows have good season but walking dead = the best as a series overall)

btw walking dead hasnt ended just saying

Example: Dexter has great seasons here and there, but i dont know if you will make it through the awful seasons to reach it.

Dexter peak is probably the 2nd best on your list but its floor (season 1) is also the lowest

Really? IDK about TWD man. I caught like an scene of an episode once, and this girl that I was with at the time, told me the show had the same basic plot over and over and over again. lol and they're like what, 9 seasons in? Maybe I need to revisit this show and give it a shot.

And Dexter? I tried watching it with the same girl and again, she kinda talked me out of watching it when she described the show. she made Dexter seem unappealing to me, so I'll revisit this as well.

Charlie Sheen
09-06-2019, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=MJ(Mean John)]Hmmm. Maybe. Initially, I didn

bladefd
09-06-2019, 04:36 PM
Walking dead and its not close. by far the best show remaining on your list (other shows have good season but walking dead = the best as a series overall)

btw walking dead hasnt ended just saying

First 3 seasons were decent. Since then, it became a trash show. Horrendous writing, repetitive plot, crap acting, and nothing but shock value (*surprise surprise* character x dies out of the blue *EVERYONE GO OHHHHHHHH and AHHHHHHHH*).

bladefd
09-06-2019, 04:42 PM
Firefly
Better Call Saul
Sherlock
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Lost
Homeland
Marco Polo
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey
The Man in the High Castle

bladefd
09-06-2019, 04:44 PM
That's me with Sopranos and the Wire, The Wire I at least got to EP 5 or so.

Wire had 5 seasons. I watched 3 seasons then never re-visited for 4 or 5 for whatever reason :confusedshrug:

NBAGOAT
09-06-2019, 05:06 PM
Wire had 5 seasons. I watched 3 seasons then never re-visited for 4 or 5 for whatever reason :confusedshrug:

try to watch 4. Like you, I'm not the biggest The Wire or The Sopranos fans but s4 is the best season of the show imo.

BarberSchool
09-06-2019, 06:22 PM
1. NBA on TNT
2. NBA on NBC (90's and 00's)
3. C-Span 1,2,3

The rest has all been mediocre at best,
especially fictional programming.

Draz
09-06-2019, 07:34 PM
Lost had potential to be the best but they dragged it

SomeBlackDude
09-06-2019, 09:19 PM
finally started watching downton abbey after hearing for years about how great it is.

absolutely no idea why this show is so highly rated. it's a low grade cheesy soap opera. take away the british accents and this is the sort of tripe that plays during the afternoon on network tv before talk shows.

guess it was interesting to see a period piece that included the perspective of the domestic help. but the most interesting thing that happens to them is someone stealing a snuff box or some wine. the rest centers around some trust fund thots trying to marry one rich, boring douchebag after another.

shit is tedious.

Bawkish
09-06-2019, 10:18 PM
finally started watching downton abbey after hearing for years about how great it is.

absolutely no idea why this show is so highly rated. it's a low grade cheesy soap opera. take away the british accents and this is the sort of tripe that plays during the afternoon on network tv before talk shows.

guess it was interesting to see a period piece that included the perspective of the domestic help. but the most interesting thing that happens to them is someone stealing a snuff box or some wine. the rest centers around some trust fund thots trying to marry one rich, boring douchebag after another.

shit is tedious.

yep same here, never got into it

i guess im in a minority here but Mad Men also bummed me out after 3 episodes

i really can't get into it, and im a huge Leftovers fan

Smoke117
09-08-2019, 03:47 AM
Pretty much ever show I get into is "after the fact". The only great show in the last 10 years I recall actually watching while it was actually airing is Justified. I did get into Boardwalk Empire and then watch the last two seasons as they aired, but considering more than half of the show as after the fact I suppose that doesn't count. I did was Game of Thrones as it aired, but that's not a great show, obviously.

Draz
09-08-2019, 11:22 AM
I never watch shows during air time. I let them stack up to binge on

egokiller
09-08-2019, 12:51 PM
Might as well ensure you

insidehoops
02-19-2020, 04:06 PM
Ozark season 3 is coming to Netflix in late March

Bawkish
02-20-2020, 12:02 AM
also Altered Carbon season 2 next week!!

Smoke117
02-20-2020, 04:03 AM
Pretty much ever show I get into is "after the fact". The only great show in the last 10 years I recall actually watching while it was actually airing is Justified. I did get into Boardwalk Empire and then watch the last two seasons as they aired, but considering more than half of the show as after the fact I suppose that doesn't count. I did was Game of Thrones as it aired, but that's not a great show, obviously.

Oh wait, I have been watching Better Call Saul as it's aired so that's another great show besides Justified I've watched as it was airing. Season 5 starts sunday. :banana:

highwhey
02-20-2020, 04:12 AM
Oh wait, I have been watching Better Call Saul as it's aired so that's another great show besides Justified I've watched as it was airing. Season 5 starts sunday. :banana:
One of the best shows at the moment.

Succession is currently the best show on at the moment.

Fck the thread title.

Stephonit
02-20-2020, 06:49 AM
Lots of prestige TV getting mentioned but I've always found certain seasons from other series more interesting.

Star Trek: The Next Generation
Person of Interest
Marvel's Agents of Shield

TheMan
02-20-2020, 10:34 AM
No mention of Arrested Development?

Nanners
02-23-2020, 08:36 AM

watched season about a year after it came out. LOVED IT. then season 2 came out a few months after.

AMEN.

Patriot is the best show I have ever seen, it legitimately belongs on the masterpiece tier with shows like The Wire and Breaking Bad

Bawkish
02-24-2020, 04:52 AM
will never get tired recommending Banshee

it's got action, sex, brutal action, brutal sex....

Derka
02-24-2020, 12:21 PM
I didn't watch The Wire until 2014 or so. That's 60 hours of the best television I've ever seen.

Derka
02-24-2020, 12:23 PM
Marvel's Agents of Shield

The wife and I are halfway through season 5 of this right now. The peaks and valleys are just too much; it goes from utterly captivating to "what the f*ck is this shit?" levels of bad at multiple points each year but we're sticking it out to the end.

rawimpact
02-24-2020, 12:27 PM
There's a lot... my wife has never been into some of the better shows. I mean she enjoys American Idol and America's Got Talent which is fine.

We've been slowly working our way through some of the good ones. We're in the first season of boardwalk empire which has been a great rewatch for me. Before this we finished Breaking Bad which she enjoyed, it was a good gateway into these violent shows because she was familiar with bryan cranston (sp?).

Jasper
02-24-2020, 01:22 PM
hated Gunsmoke as a kid-

Now it is a must see !!

Axe
03-27-2020, 05:49 AM
Mr. Bean live-action series

MJ(Mean John)
07-18-2020, 12:54 PM
There's a lot... my wife has never been into some of the better shows. I mean she enjoys American Idol and America's Got Talent which is fine.

We've been slowly working our way through some of the good ones. We're in the first season of boardwalk empire which has been a great rewatch for me. Before this we finished Breaking Bad which she enjoyed, it was a good gateway into these violent shows because she was familiar with bryan cranston (sp?).

I had the same issue w an ex GF. Lol. She was too picky when it came to shows that I missed out on the good stuff. Lol. Now I’m free.

Shows I’ve watched:

The Witcher
Raising Dion
Ozark
Vikings- such a sick show. You guys need to watch ASAP.
The last kingdom- same. Similar to Vikings but another take on it.
Tiger king
When they see us

Shows I’m considering next:

Money Heist
West world(again lol)
Queen of the south/Reina del Sur.
Thirteen Reasons why
Orange is the new black
Mindhunter (again)
Hannibal
The boys

Rank the shows I should watch next OR give me another show!

KD7
07-18-2020, 05:20 PM
GOT would have been the GOAT if the last two seasons weren't so dogshit

Brooklyn nine nine is probably my favourite show ever that isn't an Anime

Japanese media in general shits on American TV

msbutthurt
07-18-2020, 06:35 PM
There a hundred great tv shows so I'll just list shows that come to mind that I think are hilarious

Grounded For Life
Freaks And Geeks
The Righteous Gemstones
A-Typical
Silicon Valley
Shameless
Malcolm In The Middle
The Inbetweeners
Parks And Recreation
Single Parents
Workaholics
It's Always Sunny
That 70's Show
The Good Place
The Office
How I Met Your Mother
Black-ish
Mixed-ish
Married With Children
My Name Is Earl
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Big Bang Theory
Young Sheldon
Last Man Standing
Miracle Workers
Schitt's Creek
You're The Worst
Married
Arrested Development
Entourage

There are too many hilarious shows to list.

coin24
07-18-2020, 11:59 PM
I've been catching up on Shameless, it was good till about season 6 then really fell off a cliff.. they probably should have stopped at 7. Really lacks the characters from the first few seasons, must have gotten new writers cause the forced gay agenda was a bit much..

Axe
07-19-2020, 12:54 AM
Monty python

MrFonzworth
07-19-2020, 10:52 PM
GOT would have been the GOAT if the last two seasons weren't so dogshit

Brooklyn nine nine is probably my favourite show ever that isn't an Anime

Japanese media in general shits on American TV

:roll: okay buddy

Bawkish
07-21-2020, 01:37 AM
Only 2 TV series that blew my mind after watching

Fargo
Mindhunter

and it looks like Dark would be the 3rd one

Rocket
07-21-2020, 02:08 AM
Firefly!!! That is a truly amazing show. Too bad the network got scared and cut it short.

Manny98
07-21-2020, 08:05 AM
:roll: okay buddy
Death Note blows every US TV show ever out of the water

Jasper
07-21-2020, 10:28 AM
northern exposure was a solid show , with an underlining reference based on each show .

FKAri
07-21-2020, 11:34 AM

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/072/265/1237917779613.jpg

Bawkish
07-22-2020, 02:45 AM

Death Note is too convoluted and after the L arc it goes downhill from there

i'd prefer Code Geass, same anti-hero protagonist with the best ending in the history of anime

fsvr54
07-22-2020, 02:38 PM
Mad Men

KD7
07-23-2020, 08:57 AM
Death Note is too convoluted and after the L arc it goes downhill from there

i'd prefer Code Geass, same anti-hero protagonist with the best ending in the history of anime
Code Geass is top tier as well :applause:

msbutthurt
07-23-2020, 10:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-SE96Q9dDU

Episode 4 Michael gets punched in the face over brownies.

I'm watching all of season 1 and 2 for the nostalgia. It's not nearly as funny as when I was a kid, but I've forgotten most of the story lines for each episode so at least it feels like I'm seeing something new and not watching reruns.

NBAGOAT
07-24-2020, 08:39 AM
the americans has surprised me with how good it is. like it more than sopranos, deadwood, or justified. its pace is great for a prestige drama.

bladefd
07-28-2020, 08:45 PM
Watch 'Dark' on netflix.
Watch 'Dark' on netflix.
Watch 'Dark' on netflix.

Watch it. It's essentially 'Stranger Things' (characters perspective) meets 'Game of Thrones' (time-travel perspective).

It will blow your f*cking mind.

June
07-30-2020, 01:16 AM
Watch 'Dark' on netflix.
Watch 'Dark' on netflix.
Watch 'Dark' on netflix.

Watch it. It's essentially 'Stranger Things' (characters perspective) meets 'Game of Thrones' (time-travel perspective).

It will blow your f*cking mind.

I came here to suggest Dark. It's a really good TV show in my opinion. It's also near to Lost for some aspects

hateraid
07-30-2020, 05:51 PM
The Wonder Years

KennyPowers
07-30-2020, 06:06 PM
The Wonder Years

Definitely!

When I started re-watching Salute Your Shorts, I told my friend I wish they still filmed some shows similar to Salute Your Shorts and The Wonder Years.

The Wonder Years was always one of my favorite shows.

Freaks and Geeks is like the newer dirtier more perverted version of The Wonder Years, just in case you've never seen Freaks and Geeks. Also an amazing show.

Talking of even older shows, I also really like Happy Days and Leave It To Beaver, but not as much as The Wonder Years. The Wonder Years was great. Like the Sandlot. Older stuff portrayed life so perfectly and the way it was filmed, it was perfectly captured for the time period.

Axe
07-30-2020, 08:18 PM
Trying to watch the whole five seasons of teen titans rn, a classic cartoon unlike the new ones nowadays.

buccos94
07-31-2020, 12:58 AM
You guys NEED to watch Money Heist. It's fcking great. One of my favorite shows. Finished it but there's going to be a new season. Waiting for Ozark.

i watched season one but then it starts to drag, does it get good again in later seasons?

coin24
07-31-2020, 07:39 AM
Money heist gets worse as it goes along, the last season was terrible.

Dark is way better and has a great ending :cheers:

Rocket
07-31-2020, 08:09 AM
I watched binged watched Breaking Bad a few years after the show ended. It was truly an amazing show.

Street Hunger
04-08-2021, 08:29 PM
The sopranos

Gohan
04-08-2021, 09:57 PM
Trying to watch the whole five seasons of teen titans rn, a classic cartoon unlike the new ones nowadays.

I thought they only had 3 seasons but f the original teen Titans. My niece also likes the new teen Titans go one. I like all the little songs on teen Titans go

SATAN
04-27-2022, 11:03 PM
Ozark season 3 is coming to Netflix in late March

Part 2 streaming soon. Great show but partially lost interest at this point. They messed up big time.

SATAN
04-27-2022, 11:04 PM
Dark is way better and has a great ending :cheers:

That show was incredible. So strange and confusing.

Chick Stern
04-30-2022, 12:14 AM
Mad Men
This

https://64.media.tumblr.com/934dedf0e96e25117b20886c30a99761/tumblr_n1exroweyA1rewusno1_500.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/119CYc4lufiRGw/giphy.gif

Nanners
05-01-2022, 01:34 AM

I already said it once in this thread, but its been a couple years and I'd like to double down

In my humble opinion (and I'm right) Patriot is the best show ever made... its better than Breaking Bad, The Wire, GOT, Sopranos, everything...

Its the perfect show

https://youtu.be/DwVwQHFEoWg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCtEkGvNLVU

highwhey
05-01-2022, 03:12 AM
I already said it once in this thread, but its been a couple years and I'd like to double down

In my humble opinion (and I'm right) Patriot is the best show ever made... its better than Breaking Bad, The Wire, GOT, Sopranos, everything...

Its the perfect show

https://youtu.be/DwVwQHFEoWg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCtEkGvNLVU

i remember you recommended that show to me years ago and i really enjoyed it. gonna have to give it another watch soon, the french gun episode gets me rolling :oldlol:

Nanners
05-01-2022, 03:43 AM
i remember you recommended that show to me years ago and i really enjoyed it. gonna have to give it another watch soon, the french gun episode gets me rolling :oldlol:

Good plan. The show is so tightly written and does such a great job with foreshadowing that you will almost certainly notice a bunch of funny details that you missed the first time through (I did)

The french gun stuff was hilarious... especially part 2 which was filmed in one take and includes one of the most hilarious songs in the show (maybe dont watch the below video if you hate spoilers)

https://youtu.be/XO02wOHa2I4

For anyone who is interested but doesnt want to potentially spoil the show, heres another good clip that gives the shows vibe without really containing spoilers (or at least not an important one)

https://youtu.be/rVT45QDLFks

Gohan
05-01-2022, 05:57 AM
Heroes, well the first season was good

MJ(Mean John)
06-30-2022, 05:14 AM
LMAO. Yeah, I actually have recommended it to many many people. going to update my list

MJ(Mean John)
06-30-2022, 05:26 AM
BUMP

MAN, It feels great to be back here. lol

funny, how things change. I've watched a lot of shows you guys mentioned. I must say my top favorite shows are

(no order)

Strange Things
The Wire
The Sopranos (I've watched like 3 times)
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones (I've watched like 3 times)

Shows that I'm currently watching:

The boys
Stranger Things
All Marvel Disney +
All Star Wars Disney +
Mayans MC (Loved SOA)
Power Books
Euphoria
Winning Time
Peacemaker
Cobra kai
Umbrella Academy
The Witcher

Shows that I tried but couldn't latch on:

House of Cards
Dexter
Westworld

I'm always late to watch TV Shows. I guess, when I was younger, I never watched TV at all, if it wasn't an NBA/NFL game or boxing/MMA type event. Now that I'm older, I'm finding out about a bunch of shows that I missed out on. So I'm going to give ya'll a list of shows I slept on and watched after it aired and a list of shows that I keep hearing I should watch.

1. Shows that I caught late and watched

The Wire- Just finished watching it yesterday. Such a good show. (8.5/10)
Breaking Bad- Watched it last year, loved it. (8.5/10)
Prison Break- Caught on during S5, good show (7/10)
Game of Thrones- Caught on during S7. Maybe best show of all time. (9/10)
Power-Caught on during S4. Good show (7.5/10)

2. Shows that I want to watch and keep hearing good things about:

Stranger Things
Narcos
Sopranos

3. Shows that I've heard good things but most likely may never catch my attention

The walking Dead
Thirteen Reasons why
House of Cards
Dexter
Orange is the New Black
Westworld

REQUEST: Shoot me some shows that I'm missing out on!

Bawkish
06-30-2022, 11:59 PM
I'd recommend you the ff:

Severance
Banshee
Mindhunter
Haunting of Hill House
Justified
Fargo
Arcane