PDA

View Full Version : Vince Carter vs. Kobe Bryant one on one -- tomorrow. Who you got?

elementally morale
06-11-2019, 07:09 PM
Carter is still active. Kobe is not but he is working out some. Let's say they play a game of one on one tomorrow. Who wins?

Let's give them a month to prepare. Or 3 months. Who do you got?

HoopologyPhD
06-11-2019, 07:14 PM
Vince and it probably wouldn't be close. Vince is still a decent contributor in the NBA as opposed to Kobe who was arguably the worst player in the league. Kobe is beyond done physically and I don't think he has enough of shooting advantage to beat Vince.

elementally morale
06-11-2019, 07:16 PM
Vince and it probably wouldn't be close. Vince is still a decent contributor in the NBA as opposed to Kobe who was arguably the worst player in the league. Kobe is beyond done physically and I don't think he has enough of shooting advantage to beat Vince.

I, too, would give the physical advantage to Carter... but it was true 10 years ago, too. You say it's a bigger advantage now. In full court play, I agree. One on one I'm not sure.

Plus there is a competitive part. I know I'd pay to see this happening.

Cold soul
06-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Kobe been retired for 3 years now while Vince hasn

elementally morale
06-11-2019, 07:18 PM
Kobe been retired for 3 years now while Vince hasn’t and has been active playing gotta go with VC here.

I think tomorrow Vince Carter would win easily. Three months from now... I don't know. I think it could be close.

Cold soul
06-11-2019, 07:26 PM
I think tomorrow Vince Carter would win easily. Three months from now... I don't know. I think it could be close.

To be honest I wouldn

DaHeezy
06-11-2019, 08:31 PM
Jordan was beating players in their prime after retirement.
Don't judge the dog in the fight, judge the fight in the dog.

FKAri
06-11-2019, 08:51 PM
Vince is bigger and more importantly still trains for basketball at an NBA level.

SamuraiSWISH
06-12-2019, 12:49 AM
[QUOTE=Cold soul]Kobe been retired for 3 years now while Vince hasn

ImKobe
06-12-2019, 01:00 AM

Yup, plus this is 1 on 1 and not full court basketball, so there's little running involved. Vince is more athletic but Kobe would still put in work so it's not as easy as it might seem.

Uncle Drew
06-12-2019, 01:01 AM
Jordan in his prime was beat by an investment banker.

elementally morale
06-12-2019, 09:53 AM
Vince is bigger and more importantly still trains for basketball at an NBA level.

True. But skills don't deteriorate fast and shooting is the last thing that goes away. Plus there is competitive spirit. I have no doubt Kobe has zero chance in full court play. But one on one? The obvious advantages Vince has over Kobe now... well, he had those advantages in their primes, too. (He was bigger, stronger and more athletic, probably faster, too.)

I think it would be an interesting matchup 2 years from now. Give them 3 months to prepare.