PDA

View Full Version : Where do Draymond and Klay rank all-time?

1987_Lakers
06-11-2019, 11:51 PM
I'm guessing when Klay retires he will be in that Reggie Miller/Ray Allen range, slightly above other HOF 2 guards like Joe Dumars, Mitch Richmond, Goodrich & Earl Monroe. Maybe a top 15 SG ever.

While Draymond to me seems to be slightly better than Dennis Rodman & Bobby Jones. Maybe in that top 15 PF ever range as well.

Thoughts?

FromDowntown
06-11-2019, 11:54 PM
I hate to be obvious but we are legitimately in the middle of a Finals that will have a lot of pull one way or the other. Not to mention they still have the rest of their careers to go. Too soon to say unless it's pure speculation and you mean where will Draymond and Klay rank?

1987_Lakers
06-11-2019, 11:59 PM
I hate to be obvious but we are legitimately in the middle of a Finals that will have a lot of pull one way or the other. Not to mention they still have the rest of their careers to go. Too soon to say unless it's pure speculation and you mean where will Draymond and Klay rank?

Even if they win or lose this Finals does it really affect their legacy that much? I'm sure to a point it will, but not really. These guys are right in their prime, have won 3 championships and have been in 5 Finals straight. I really don't see how this series changes the way people think of them.

Big164
06-12-2019, 12:07 AM
I'm guessing when Klay retires he will be in that Reggie Miller/Ray Allen range, slightly above other HOF 2 guards like Joe Dumars, Mitch Richmond, Goodrich & Earl Monroe. Maybe a top 15 SG ever.

While Draymond to me seems to be slightly better than Dennis Rodman & Bobby Jones. Maybe in that top 15 PF ever range as well.

Thoughts?
You are trippin

Hardddddd

Rodman guarded Bird, Jordan, Magic, Shaq and won 5 Rings in the process. Rodman is a top 3 rebounder & top 3 defender.

1987_Lakers
06-12-2019, 12:13 AM
You are trippin

Hardddddd

Rodman guarded Bird, Jordan, Magic, Shaq and won 5 Rings in the process. Rodman is a top 3 rebounder & top 3 defender.

Just naming the players Rodman guarded isn't going to impress me, when both we at their peak, Draymond was the more versatile defender, Detroit Rodman was too skinny to guard big guys, not to mention Draymond is clearly the better offensive player simply because of his ball-handling and passing.

And if we are looking at accolades Draymond has made more all-star games and both made All-NBA two times and Draymond hasn't even hit 30 yet.

Big164
06-12-2019, 12:28 AM
I wisssssshhhh Dray was as Good as Rodman right now. I WiSH!!!

Then we wouldnt have to waste Double Teams on Kawhi.

1987_Lakers
06-12-2019, 12:33 AM
I wisssssshhhh Dray was as Good as Rodman right now. I WiSH!!!

Then we wouldnt have to waste Double Teams on Kawhi.

As a perimeter defender? Sure, Rodman was clearly better than Draymond in that department. But if you think the Warriors are having trouble scoring the ball now, just imagine if you had Rodman instead, who was basically a liability on the offensive end. Draymond aleast provides some scoring and he is by far Golden State's best passer.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-12-2019, 12:35 AM

Yeah.

But winning a title, especially coming back from 3-1, would bolster their reputation and standing. Significantly.

Smoke117
06-12-2019, 12:47 AM

Thoughts?

Klay Thompson has no business being put in the Ray Allen Range. Sugar Ray could actually dribble and create his own shot. He actually played pg for the Sonics the first year he was traded there. Could you ever see Klay running a team as it's pg? LOL. Trying to put him in up with a guy who was the first option and best player on a team that should have been in the finals if the league didn't screw them (2001 bucks) in the same range as Klay is a complete insult.

1987_Lakers
06-12-2019, 12:53 AM
Klay Thompson has no business being put in the Ray Allen Range. Sugar Ray could actually dribble and create his own shot. He actually played pg for the Sonics the first year he was traded there. Could you ever see this Klay running a team as it's pg? LOL.

Oh, I know Ray at his peak was the better offensive player, didn't say Klay was better, just in that range, seems pretty logical considering both Ray & Klay are not on the level of Kobe, Wade, Harden etc, but they are both consistent All-Stars, a tier below the elite.

Smoke117
06-12-2019, 01:00 AM
Oh, I know Ray at his peak was the better offensive player, didn't say Klay was better, just in that range, seems pretty logical considering both Ray & Klay are not on the level of Kobe, Wade, Harden etc, but they are both consistent All-Stars, a tier below the elite.

Just because you're not on the level of all time greats doesn't mean you are on the same levels yourself. Ray Allen is still a tier above Klay. He's top 40-50 while Klay will never be higher than top 80.

2swift4u
06-12-2019, 02:07 AM
I think Draymond will rank as one of the most annoying players of all times :oldlol: