PDA

View Full Version : Arguing about player placement

nashwade
06-12-2019, 03:45 AM
is it me or does it seem very, for lack of a better word, retarded?

how do you rank the Air Jordan 1 vs the Air Force 1? you just can't cos different people have different criteria and you can't force your criteria down anyone.

don't waste your time, please. Life is short.

AussieSteve
06-12-2019, 03:49 AM
1. Jordan
12. Kobe

We can all agree on this. The rest is subjective.

ImKobe
06-12-2019, 07:37 AM
is it me or does it seem very, for lack of a better word, retarded?

how do you rank the Air Jordan 1 vs the Air Force 1? you just can't cos different people have different criteria and you can't force your criteria down anyone.

don't waste your time, please. Life is short.

Yeah... it's stupid to argue with people who weren't watching the NBA before the 2010s...their knowledge only goes as far as YT highlight clips and basketball-reference.

FKAri
06-12-2019, 09:12 AM
It's a basketball thing. It doesn't happen as much in other sports. They either talk about GOAT candidates or GOAT candidates of a certain position or team or they talk about direct player comparisons. They don't talk about shit like "where would you put X on your top Y list".

iamgine
06-12-2019, 10:41 AM
It's a basketball thing. It doesn't happen as much in other sports. They either talk about GOAT candidates or GOAT candidates of a certain position or team or they talk about direct player comparisons. They don't talk about shit like "where would you put X on your top Y list".
Seems to me it's an American thing. There are lists for NBA, boxer, rapper, comedian, tennis, wrestler, etc.

Charlie Sheen
06-12-2019, 11:11 AM

I think it's a mentality thing. You ever seen ArbitraryWater post on tennis and soccer? Not hating on AW, but he's all about ranking players. He does a good job supporting his positions too.