PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi doubled during a game winner, passes, nobody bats an eye

SpaceJam2
06-12-2019, 10:40 AM
LeBron doubled during a game winner, passes, everybody loses their fu**ing mind

https://media.giphy.com/media/P0GFvM30UVoli/giphy.gif

Just don't forget who King Clutch is:
https://i.postimg.cc/Jnd16J6V/Bron-gw-post.jpg

You're welcome
https://i.postimg.cc/bv3WMGgn/giphy.gif

iamgine
06-12-2019, 10:42 AM
Lebron made it okay for stars not to play hero ball.

SpaceJam2
06-12-2019, 10:46 AM
Lebron made it okay for stars not to play hero ball.

He sure caught a lot of heat for it, if so, while casually passing Hero ball Jordan in points and game winners

:rockon:

pegasus
06-12-2019, 11:38 AM
Was he doubled last year at the end of regulation in game 1, or was it just Curry on him and Lebron got into a stance to pass the ball only instead of choosing to be a triple threat (shoot, drive, pass)?

SouBeachTalents
06-12-2019, 11:47 AM
Was he doubled last year at the end of regulation in game 1, or was it just Curry on him and Lebron got into a stance to pass the ball only instead of choosing to be a triple threat (shoot, drive, pass)?
I have no issue with the pass, my only complaint is that he made NO intent at all to drive or shoot, just stood there with the ball above his head.

Again, I still think it was a good play, but his deference and passiveness at the end of games is one of his biggest flaws

pegasus
06-12-2019, 12:45 PM
I have no issue with the pass, my only complaint is that he made NO intent at all to drive or shoot, just stood there with the ball above his head.

Again, I still think it was a good play, but his deference and passiveness at the end of games is one of his biggest flaws
That's precisely my point. He should have kept all options open, while him taking a shot over Curry or driving to the weak side being the first two options. If the play developed organically, and he had to pass just like Leonard did, then that's the right play and you live with the results.

stalkerforlife
06-12-2019, 12:50 PM

Another one.

superduper
06-12-2019, 01:00 PM

GEEEEZ :biggums:

Shogon
06-12-2019, 01:16 PM
LeBron doubled during a game winner, passes, everybody loses their fu**ing mind

https://media.giphy.com/media/P0GFvM30UVoli/giphy.gif

Just don't forget who King Clutch is:
https://i.postimg.cc/Jnd16J6V/Bron-gw-post.jpg

You're welcome
https://i.postimg.cc/bv3WMGgn/giphy.gif

Haha you know I was thinking that as soon as the play unfolded... nobody will say a word in protest... and they didn’t.

SpaceJam2
06-12-2019, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=Shogon]Haha you know I was thinking that as soon as the play unfolded... nobody will say a word in protest... and they didn

ImKobe
06-12-2019, 01:20 PM
Pretty sure Skip criticized Kawhi the same way he did Lebron if that's what you're referring to, didn't see anyone else hate on Lebron at the time, media went IN on JR smith for rebounding the ball and preventing Warriors from winning in regulation, no one batted an eye that Lebron disappeared in OT.

SpaceJam2
06-12-2019, 01:22 PM
Pretty sure Skip criticized Kawhi the same way he did Lebron if that's what you're referring to, didn't see anyone else hate on Lebron at the time, media went IN on JR smith for rebounding the ball and preventing Warriors from winning in regulation, no one batted an eye that Lebron disappeared in OT.

So when do you ever stop trolling?

ImKobe
06-12-2019, 01:30 PM
So when do you ever stop trolling?

So Lebron didn't disappear in OT by only scoring 2 points on FTs when it was out of reach with no shot attempts until 2 minutes in? We all saw him pout on the bench after the 4th, he QUIT on his team.

superduper
06-12-2019, 01:33 PM
So Lebron didn't disappear in OT by only scoring 2 points on FTs when it was out of reach with no shot attempts until 2 minutes in? We all saw him pout on the bench after the 4th, he QUIT on his team.

Yeah it was a very visible quit after he shrunk at the end of the 4th.

3ball
06-12-2019, 04:23 PM
Jordan never gets knocked because his teammates never missed game-winners when MJ passed on the last possession

So MJ always made the RIGHT play (since his teammates always hit) and his fearlessness was rubbing off (since his teammates always hit)

baudkarma
06-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Part of the reason is that Kawhi fans aren't trying to claim that their man is already better than MJ. Hence fans of other players don't overreact in an attempt to protect their own heroes.

HylianNightmare
06-12-2019, 06:25 PM
[QUOTE=Shogon]Haha you know I was thinking that as soon as the play unfolded... nobody will say a word in protest... and they didn

superduper
06-12-2019, 06:55 PM
Part of the reason is that Kawhi fans aren't trying to claim that their man is already better than MJ. Hence fans of other players don't overreact in an attempt to protect their own heroes.

We don't need to, 3ball does that for us :oldlol:

tpols
06-12-2019, 06:56 PM
Lets examine how defenses played Kawhi, Jordan (on his most famous gamewinner), and Lebron from last years only close game.

MJ

https://media.giphy.com/media/cJ5g6sXWd37E3Xie6r/giphy.gif

So MJ starts from the left side with a live dribble, and slashes right. Karl Malone shades down into the paint for help as he goes, but there is clearly no double at all. Nothing. And Jordans main defender Byron russell is not even close to being an all defensive player...never made a team his whole career.

Kawhi

https://media.giphy.com/media/WQsJoxhcB1LCHZXVB8/giphy.gif

Makes his move right, just like MJ, except watch iguodala... he blitzes him the second hes about to take a step inside the 3pt line. Unlike karl malone, who was in the same position but sagged 10-15 feet off. (no double)

Watch when van fleet catches the ball how hard a much taller livingston closes out on him and forces him to put the ball on the floor, where iggy is already rotating back to trap him.

Showtime said lowry shouldve been ready for a midrange jumper instead of a 3 but if a far away dray could close the distance on a shot further away, what the hell makes you think he wouldnt be able to get it if lowry was closer to him? LOL

and finally Lebron...

https://media.giphy.com/media/f9eJydIe9qVbglJzuZ/giphy.gif

mismatch on curry at top of the key. To be fair, dray and durant are waiting on both sides, but he has the pull up if he wants it. You can tell by his body language hes only looking to pass here. Literally holding the ball in a QB stance.

Conclusion: Kawhi had by far the toughest defense played on him. Two all NBA defenders, far out double team, perfect rotations.

dazzer87
06-12-2019, 07:11 PM

Curry on your ass with the game on the line and this dude pass the ball away....................................:facepalm

superduper
06-12-2019, 07:12 PM

Curry on your ass with the game on the line and this dude pass the ball away....................................:facepalm

But but right play!!

SpaceJam2
06-12-2019, 07:23 PM
and finally Lebron...

mismatch on curry at top of the key. To be fair, dray and durant are waiting on both sides, but he has the pull up if he wants it. You can tell by his body language hes only looking to pass here. Literally holding the ball in a QB stance.

You're such a tard. You don't see ZONE DEFENSE being played on LeBron? KD and Draymond are on BOTH sides for a reason

Check mate :lol

warriorfan
06-12-2019, 07:36 PM
But but right play!!

Was the right play lmao. What an embarrassing take. Dudes were sitting here saying it straight faced too. LeShellshocked.

Manny98
06-12-2019, 07:39 PM
You're such a tard. You don't see ZONE DEFENSE being played on LeBron? KD and Draymond are on BOTH sides for a reason

:applause:

tpols
06-12-2019, 07:56 PM

yea and they arent coming forward, just preventing a drive on curry.

In contrast to kawhi... who was blitzed. Leonard wouldve drilled a 22 footer on steph in that situation, but they have to play him differently, with more aggressive attention.

sorry mate. :confusedshrug:

fsvr54
06-12-2019, 09:01 PM
yea and they arent coming forward, just preventing a drive on curry.

In contrast to kawhi... who was blitzed. Leonard wouldve drilled a 22 footer on steph in that situation, but they have to play him differently, with more aggressive attention.

sorry mate. :confusedshrug:

Exactly, he can sidestep Curry and just pull up.

3ball
06-12-2019, 09:26 PM
Lets examine how defenses played Kawhi, Jordan (on his most famous gamewinner), and Lebron from last years only close game.

MJ

https://media.giphy.com/media/cJ5g6sXWd37E3Xie6r/giphy.gif

So MJ starts from the left side with a live dribble, and slashes right. Karl Malone shades down into the paint for help as he goes, but there is clearly no double at all. Nothing. And Jordans main defender Byron russell is not even close to being an all defensive player...never made a team his whole career.

Kawhi

https://media.giphy.com/media/WQsJoxhcB1LCHZXVB8/giphy.gif

Makes his move right, just like MJ, except watch iguodala... he blitzes him the second hes about to take a step inside the 3pt line. Unlike karl malone, who was in the same position but sagged 10-15 feet off. (no double)

Watch when van fleet catches the ball how hard a much taller livingston closes out on him and forces him to put the ball on the floor, where iggy is already rotating back to trap him.

Showtime said lowry shouldve been ready for a midrange jumper instead of a 3 but if a far away dray could close the distance on a shot further away, what the hell makes you think he wouldnt be able to get it if lowry was closer to him? LOL

and finally Lebron...

Conclusion: Kawhi had by far the toughest defense played on him. Two all NBA defenders, far out double team, perfect rotations.
Only MJ dealt with a legit defender's forearm grinding into his hip - Kawhi enjoyed complete separation from Klay and freedom of movement.. Lebron had a midget on him

Only MJ got a shot off and a good one

Btw, Karl does the same thing to help on MJ that Kawhi got... Neither was a "double-team"

bigkingsfan
06-12-2019, 09:29 PM
They left Micheal on an island, and he still needed the stiff arm to get the shot off.

3ball
06-12-2019, 09:34 PM
They left Micheal on an island, and he still needed the stiff arm to get the shot off.
Everyone was on an island with good spacing, but only MJ got a shot off

MJ hit legendary winners in spots where other guys can't even CONSIDER shooting

RRR3
06-12-2019, 09:35 PM
Don’t make me bring up Cartwright’s stats before and after MJ 3ball. Behave yourself.

bigkingsfan
06-12-2019, 09:37 PM
Micheal is the only guy who the other team don't even think about doubling.

3ball
06-12-2019, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Don

RRR3
06-12-2019, 09:39 PM
Don't make me bring up the stats of every teammate lebron ever had - I'll bitch slap you like I always do

MJ's teammates played to capacity, while lebron turns superstars to role players
Delusional. I spanked you so bad with the Cartwright stuff I had you completely lost for anything to say besides

RRR3
06-12-2019, 09:40 PM
Micheal is the only guy who the other team don't even think about doubling.
Yep. DeRozan AT BEST in today’s era. MJ simply lacked the elite skill modern NBA superstars possess.

3ball
06-12-2019, 09:46 PM
Delusional. I spanked you so bad with the Cartwright stuff I had you completely lost for anything to say besides “b-b-b-but he was a scrub!”. Don’t make me rustle up James Worthy being hurt in the 91 finals either :eek:
Lebron has dozens of teammates that cratered next to him like Rodney Hood, Shaq, Bosh, Love, Derrick Rose, Jamison, Wade, Crowder, and more.... Hughes, IT.. so many more...

So everytime you say Cartwright, I'll say Hood/Shaq/Bosh/Love/Rose/Jamison/Wade/Crowder/Hughes/IT

RRR3
06-12-2019, 09:48 PM
Lebron has dozens of teammates that cratered next to him like Rodney Hood, Shaq, Bosh, Love, Derrick Rose, Jamison, Wade, Crowder, and more.... Hughes, IT.. so many more...

So everytime you say Cartwright, I'll say Hood/Shaq/Bosh/Love/Rose/Jamison/Wade/Crowder/Hughes/IT
No one cares about your lies though. You

Shogon
06-12-2019, 09:49 PM
No one cares about your lies though. You’re a proven liar on here.

He's a Kobe fan posing as an MJ fan.

I literally caught him in a slip up saying "Kobe would dominate MJ 1 on 1" and I pointed it out several times with screenshots and quotes and people just continue to take him seriously lol.

3ball
[QUOTE=RRR3]No one cares about your lies though. You

tpols
Btw, Karl does the same thing to help on MJ that Kawhi got... Neither was a "double-team"

bullshiiit. :lol

you just exposed yourself.

Shogon
06-12-2019, 09:50 PM

He exposed himself long ago. You should love him. He's a Kobe fan.

3ball
06-12-2019, 09:51 PM

Any help after the drive starts is simply cutting off penetration

Cutting off the driving lane isn't a double, sorry bud

RRR3
06-12-2019, 09:52 PM
You're a proven whipping boy on here

You get your ass whooped on here
Says one of the laughingstocks of the forum.

You don

Spurs m8
06-12-2019, 09:56 PM
haha fvck, this forum has ruined OP hahahaha

Thats what ya get for dedicating your life to a forum and loser bball player

3ball
06-12-2019, 10:00 PM
Says one of the laughingstocks of the forum.

You don’t whip anyone, you just spew repetitive bullshit over and over until people get sick of arguing with you.
it's stats, not my opinion - all these guys saw big declines in stats alongside lebron - Hood/Shaq/Bosh/Love/Rose/Jamison/Wade/Crowder/Hughes/IT... :confusedshrug:

Which one didn't show a big statistical decline alongside Bron???... None of them - they all declined big time next to LeCancer

Also, I post NBA.com stats, not my opinion... And the stats show that 80% of curry's threes are open and he shoots poorly on contested shots

The stats also show that Curry impacts his team's ORtg less than Kobe, Durant and Lebron

The stats also show that teammates see their assists crater alongside Lebron (less playmaking), while their assisted rate increases (play-finishing) - so lebron turns teammates to play-finishers (spot-up shooters)... With teammates getting less assists, the TEAM ranks low in assists and struggles on the championship level, 3/9.. see, you just got whipped again

RRR3
06-12-2019, 10:03 PM
it's stats, not my opinion - all these guys saw big declines in stats alongside lebron - Hood/Shaq/Bosh/Love/Rose/Jamison/Wade/Crowder/Hughes/IT... :confusedshrug:

Which one didn't show a big statistical decline alongside Bron???... None of them - they all declined big time next to LeCancer

Also, I post NBA.com stats, not my opinion... And the stats show that 80% of curry's threes are open and he shoots poorly on contested shots

The stats also show that Curry impacts his team's ORtg less than Kobe, Durant and Lebron

The stats also show that teammates see their assists crater alongside Lebron (less playmaking), while their assisted rate increases (play-finishing) - so lebron turns teammates to play-finishers (spot-up shooters)... With teammates getting less assists, the TEAM ranks low in assists and struggles on the championship level, 3/9.. see, you just got whipped again
Lies, half-truths, and more statement made without context.

You already exposed yourself as a Kobe fan anyways. Don’t make us find that post where you said Kobe would destroy MJ 1 on 1 :eek:

RRR3
06-12-2019, 10:04 PM
haha fvck, this forum has ruined OP hahahaha

Thats what ya get for dedicating your life to a forum and loser bball player
Says the guy who dedicated his account to DeRozan.

3ball
06-12-2019, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Lies, half-truths, and more statement made without context.

You already exposed yourself as a Kobe fan anyways. Don

Spurs m8
06-12-2019, 10:34 PM
Says the guy who dedicated his account to DeRozan.

nothing on this forum effects my real life lol

RRR3
06-12-2019, 10:40 PM
That post doesn't exist

It's just another lie you guys made up to comfort yourself after losing countless arguments with me
You’re an absolute pathological liar.

ISH detectives please find the post where 3ball said Kobe would drop 60 on MJ.

Showtime80'
06-12-2019, 10:55 PM
LOL Tpols if Kawhi had half of Jordan's ball handling, passing ability, decision making acumen and diverse scoring he would've had the confidence to INITIATE the offense at the 15 second mark instead of giving the ball to a career scrub like Van Fleet, who took 7 FULL SECONDS without any defensive pressure on him to finally give the ball to him, haha. UNREAL!!! That's not zone defense, that's lack of skills and stupidity.

Here's MJ going 94 feet (on 3 of the plays) with the ball in his hands in the last seconds to decide what the team does on the last play:

1991- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyQqDJC_k5k

1993- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnAr4I3-Z48

1997- https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=1997+NBA+finals+game+6+final+ shot&sp=mAEB

1998- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-d_6LiQyKY

People forget MJ was a GREAT PASSER unlike Kawhi, that also made him difficult to double team specially when he had guys who moved without the ball and weren't scared sh!tless of taking big shots!

The Raptors last play was PATHETIC and demonstrated a lot of the limitation Kawhi has as a player and the Raptors as a TEAM!

tpols
06-13-2019, 09:39 AM
Showtime mj didn't initiate that final 98 possession (his most famous shot)...

He was passed the ball on that wing and ran the clock down just like kawhi did w/ a couple dribbles and attacked..

Karl didnt help on the jumper.. Iggy did. Bottom line.

That was honestly some weak ass defense from the jazz. Who was Malone guarding that couldnt afford him a full double instead of a sag? Ironically his man was behind the 3 pt line. :roll:

Was it against the rules? How the **** you dont double Michael Jordan on a game winning midrange shot? What a joke lmao

Showtime80'
06-13-2019, 10:16 AM
Oh my God Tpols, in 1998 Jordan stole the ball from Malone and took it from one end to the other, nobody assisted him on that play!

The Jazz could've doubled as they did in game 6 in 1997 and what happened? Jordan passed it to Kerr for the game winner! If they had doubled on that play you had Kerr, Pippen and Kukoc for open jumpers, all of them had made big shots before unlike the Raptor scared straight buffoons (which the Warriors were well aware off LOL).

Jordan would've NEVER let a scrub like Van Fleet take that ball to initiate the offense with 15 seconds on the clock ON THE TITLE DECIDING PLAY (plenty of time to get a decent shot off).

Kawhi is neither the creative playmaker, decision maker, athlete or scorer that MJ is thus making him easier to defend but he should've taken that ball from the 15 second mark onward and put the fate of the game in his hands, not let a forgettable role player waste 7 seconds off the shot clock.

That's just bad offense by the Raptors and Kawhi.

Mr Feeny
06-13-2019, 10:17 AM

He was passed the ball on that wing and ran the clock down just like kawhi did w/ a couple dribbles and attacked..

That was honestly some weak ass defense from the jazz. Who was Malone guarding that couldnt afford him a full double instead of a sag? Ironically his man was behind the 3 pt line. :roll:

Was it against the rules? How the **** you dont double Michael Jordan on a game winning midrange shot? What a joke lmao

Are you insane?:lol he literally stole the ball from Malone and ran it up the court and isolated and scored. Orcourse he initiated the play.

Mr Feeny
06-13-2019, 10:18 AM
Oh my God Tpols, in 1998 Jordan stole the ball from Malone and took it from one end to the other, nobody assisted him on that play!

The Jazz could've doubled as they did in game 6 in 1997 and what happened? Jordan passed it to Kerr for the game winner! If they had doubled on that play you had Kerr, Pippen and Kukoc for open jumpers, all of them had made big shots before unlike the Raptor scared straight buffoons (which the Warriors were well aware off LOL).

Jordan would've NEVER let a scrub like Van Fleet take that ball to initiate the offense with 15 seconds on the clock ON THE TITLE DECIDING PLAY (plenty of time to get a decent shot off).

Kawhi is neither the creative playmaker, decision maker, athlete or scorer that MJ is thus making him easier to defend but he should've taken that ball from the 15 second mark onward and put the fate of the game in his hands, not let a forgettable role player waste 7 seconds off the shot clock.

I literally wrote the same thing at the same time. Of all the plays someone is going to he hazy on, this shouldn't be the one. I wonder how many people on here were actually watching basketball during the 1998 finals.

superduper
06-13-2019, 10:21 AM
I literally wrote the same thing at the same time. Of all the plays someone is going to he hazy on, this shouldn't be the one. I wonder how many people on here were actually watching basketball during the 1998 finals.

Lucky for kids these days that you don't even have to watch basketball anymore. You can literally watch it on paper. Whoever has the most $tats and highest VORP is the best player.

Basketball is THAT easy these days and us 12 year old LeTards have figured it out :rockon:

warriorfan
06-13-2019, 10:23 AM

Jordan midrange with seconds left on the clock...yeah let

superduper
06-13-2019, 10:25 AM
[QUOTE=warriorfan]Jordan midrange with seconds left on the clock...yeah let

tpols
06-13-2019, 10:27 AM

Ok... Youre right on the initiation but again...

Why didnt Karl Malone double jordan? From the video it looks like his man was Scottie Pippen, who was standing behind the 3pt line.

Ironically, ALL the bulls were standing behind the 3pt line ...standing still. Except Rodman who ran across the court to near the 3pt line on the left side.

Where's all the midrange movement you speak of?

WHY didn't Karl Malone double when his man was an awful shooter standing still 25 feet from the hoop?

Please tell us...

Because kawhi got hard doubled. Apples and oranges defense.

Mr Feeny
06-13-2019, 10:36 AM
Ok... Youre right on the initiation but again...

Why didnt Karl Malone double jordan? From the video it looks like his man was Scottie Pippen, who was standing behind the 3pt line.

Ironically, ALL the bulls were standing behind the 3pt line ...standing still. Except Rodman who ran across the court to near the 3pt line on the left side.

Where's all the midrange movement you speak of?

WHY didn't Karl Malone double when his man was an awful shooter standing still 25 feet from the hoop?

Please tell us...

Because kawhi got hard doubled. Apples and oranges defense.

They literally hard doubled Jordan in the previous year's game 6 and watched him set up the championship clincher. They got burned and decided they'd rather have Russell defend an exhausted Jordan 1 on 1 (Jordan had barely rested in that 4th quarter and was taken out of his usual rest, early in the 4th, because he had to carry a depleted Bulls team). His jump shots were coming up short and he was hitting front rim in those last few minutes. He looked absolutely exhausted and Jackson took a 20 second timeout just to give him a breather before the free throws he took with 50 seconds left.

This isnt even something I should have to tell you. As superduper said, its obvious some people here dont even watch games. They Google box scores and then waste our time attempting to discuss a game they never watched. Come on now.

Showtime80'
06-13-2019, 10:56 AM
Teams used to LIVE with Michael Jordan talking mid range jumpers, they were ALWAYS scared to death of his drives to the paint, that's why you see all the other four defenders ignoring the people that are at the 3 point line for the Bulls and having one foot outside the paint ready for a Jordan drive.

If you notice even with that defensive setup look at the Bulls beautiful spacing from one another on that final play, all five players are perfectly spread out to avoid crowding.

By the same token look at the Raptors two FRIGGIN SCARED IDIOTS in Laure and Gasol basically standing RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER in the paint for the entire play allowing Draymond to defend 2 PLAYERS AT ONCE!!!! WHY THE FARK IS GASOL IN THE PAINT AND LAURIE RIGHT NEXT TO HIM!!! It looks like they are hiding from the play!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

JESUS CHRIST!!!! Just because of that level of idiocy I want the Warriors to TROUNCE this dumb asses tonight and in game 7!!!!

Modern NBA I tell you.

tpols
06-13-2019, 11:09 AM
Teams used to LIVE with Michael Jordan talking mid range jumpers, they were ALWAYS scared to death of his drives to the paint, that's why you see all the other four defenders ignoring the people that are at the 3 point line for the Bulls and having one foot outside the paint ready for a Jordan drive.

If you notice even with that defensive setup look at the Bulls beautiful spacing from one another on that final play, all five players are perfectly spread out to avoid crowding.

By the same token look at the Raptors two FRIGGIN SCARED IDIOTS in Laure and Gasol basically standing RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER in the paint for the entire play allowing Draymond to defend 2 PLAYERS AT ONCE!!!! WHY THE FARK IS GASOL IN THE PAINT AND LAURIE RIGHT NEXT TO HIM!!! It looks like they are hiding from the play!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

JESUS CHRIST!!!! Just because of that level of idiocy I want the Warriors to TROUNCE this dumb asses tonight and in game 7!!!!

Modern NBA I tell you.

:roll:

Wait a second...

Your chief complaint before was that modern nba has all guys just standing around behind the 3pt line, with little off ball movement, just waiting for a pass.

And that is EXACTLY what the bulls setup was in 98. Exactly. Now you say the spacing for that is beautiful?

:wtf:

I thought it was dumb downed?

And I'm sorry...you don't "live" with jordan taking a midrange game winner...literally the greatest midrange shooter ever for Christ's sake get a grip. Karl's man wasn't paxson or Kerr. It was SCOTTIE PIPPEN a guy who shot like 30% in those playoffs and jumper was broker than his current bank account.

There's no excuse...the jazz ****ed up on defense there.

Kawhi had it tougher.

Showtime80'
06-13-2019, 11:43 AM
Again my complaint with the current NBA is that the 5 out concept is basically ALL THEY DO!!!

The Bulls had it as part of a vast arsenal in what the triangle offense offered which could be operated from the high post or low post and also allowed isolation plays for guys like Pippen, Kukoc and Jordan as well as mid range and 3 point shooting for guys like Kerr, Longley, Harper and the other role players. That's called VARIETY tpols and they went with one those variables on the final play to decide the title knowing that the Jazz were caught in the dilemma of doubling or not thanks to Kerr's shot the year before.

Kawhi makes it tougher on HIMSELF by not being a playmaker or quick decision maker like MJ and lacking the confidence in his game to let a scrub like Van Fleet dictate what the TITLE DECIDING PLAY is going to be combined with the two dummies in Laurie and Gasol hugging each other in the paint allowing Draymond to cancel them out on the play. PATHETIC!!!

tpols
06-13-2019, 12:04 PM
Nah the only team that spams 5 spread is Houston.

Watch these games there's a ton of off ball action and passing. Huge team assist totals.

The fred van vleet stuff is such a non point youre harping on. He passed it to kawhi and ran to the same spot Jordan's teammates were standing for him.

What difference would it make if kawhi held the ball for the 7 seconds van fleet had it and then attacked as opposed to catching it and going quick strike from the top? The double was coming either way and the end attack was exactly the same for both players. Total non point mate...

Hey Yo
06-13-2019, 12:06 PM
On this date today, MJ has the chance to shoot a wide open jumper for the clincher, instead he doesn't trust himself and passes to Kerr FTW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F-Ng0V1V6U

I know... I know.... "MJ would never pass in that situation"

Mr Feeny
06-13-2019, 12:23 PM
On this date today, MJ has the chance to shoot a wide open jumper for the clincher, instead he doesn't trust himself and passes to Kerr FTW.

He's a better player than Lebron, as is Kawhi. Deal with it.

superduper
06-13-2019, 12:31 PM

$tats.

We win... again!! :lebroncry:

SpaceJam2
06-13-2019, 02:22 PM

Baaang!!

SpaceJam2
06-13-2019, 02:23 PM

LBJ > Kawhi > MJ

Next

3ball
06-13-2019, 02:29 PM
:roll:

Wait a second...

Your chief complaint before was that modern nba has all guys just standing around behind the 3pt line, with little off ball movement, just waiting for a pass.

And that is EXACTLY what the bulls setup was in 98. Exactly. Now you say the spacing for that is beautiful?

:wtf:

I thought it was dumb downed?

And I'm sorry...you don't "live" with jordan taking a midrange game winner...literally the greatest midrange shooter ever for Christ's sake get a grip. Karl's man wasn't paxson or Kerr. It was SCOTTIE PIPPEN a guy who shot like 30% in those playoffs and jumper was broker than his current bank account.

There's no excuse...the jazz ****ed up on defense there.

Kawhi had it tougher.
Kawhi should've pulled up for a jumper just like MJ did - infact, he should've used the exact same move that MJ did

There was no one touching him either, so he had an easier pull-up opportunity than MJ - but only MJ knew how to set his man up perfectly to get the separation - only mj

Mr Feeny
06-13-2019, 03:01 PM
LBJ > Kawhi > MJ

Next

Seriously. How old are the kids on this board?

Mr Feeny
06-13-2019, 03:02 PM
Kawhi should've pulled up for a jumper just like MJ did - infact, he should've used the exact same move that MJ did

There was no one touching him either, so he had an easier pull-up opportunity than MJ - but only MJ knew how to set his man up perfectly to get the separation - only mj

The guy you responded isnt aware that Jordan stole the ball from malone. He's literally not watched any of the games that you're talking about. Save your breath.