PDA

View Full Version : Lakers make Ingram, Lonzo and 4th picks available in talks with Pels

bison
06-12-2019, 04:42 PM
Per Marc stein

Manny98
06-12-2019, 04:44 PM
Noooooo not Lonzo :facepalm

superduper
06-12-2019, 04:46 PM
Lmao at giving up Ingram and Lonzo :oldlol:

The BBD Brothers :rockon:

bison
06-12-2019, 04:49 PM
Lmao at giving up Ingram and Lonzo :oldlol:

The BBD Brothers :rockon:

The big, big d1ck brothers? I agree. Now I change my mind. Lakers acting scared New York is gonna swoop in and take AD :facepalm: don

Uncle Drew
06-12-2019, 04:50 PM
Oof, sad day for the Bustgram fam.

bison
06-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Decision hinges on kuzma being part of the deal.

**** it. Lakers should say no and just wait for 2020.

bison
06-12-2019, 04:54 PM
Oof, sad day for the Bustgram fam.

Mark my words, YDK WILL be a 25/6/6 player next season. 2020 is the year the Young Drip King digivolves to the HUNG Drip King

RealSkipBayless
06-12-2019, 04:57 PM
Pls trade Hart or someone besides Lonzo. :coleman:

Uncle Drew
06-12-2019, 04:59 PM
Mark my words, YDK WILL be a 25/6/6 player next season. 2020 is the year the Young Drip King digivolves to the HUNG Drip King
Scoring 25 ain't that special anymore. Combining it with 6/6 would be very good however.

RRR3
06-12-2019, 05:02 PM
I hate to laugh at a fellow D

Mr. Jabbar
06-12-2019, 05:07 PM
f Ingram, keep Lonzo

bigkingsfan
06-12-2019, 05:15 PM
Ingram is due for a new contract, his value isn't that great.

Kblaze8855
06-12-2019, 05:18 PM
If they had #3 to get RJ to pair with Zion and hopefully make them both happy to be there it would be more tempting I

ImKobe
06-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Let me guess, we trade everyone for AD and sign Butler in the off-season.. **** my life.

ArbitraryWater
06-12-2019, 05:21 PM
well, sounds good

elementally morale
06-12-2019, 05:26 PM
Being a supporter of Kuzma and complaning him having been misused with Ingram on the floor... and also being kinda low on Brandon... I'm fine with the offer. Ingram just kills ball movement. Paired with LeBron... neither Kuz or Lonzo could play to their potential.

The only sad thing to see here is the defense go. Ingram is a good defender and Lonzo is a great one. LeBron is not. Kuzma is not. Davis... he is fine but perimeter defense will suffer even more than it did last year.

At any rate... a team with Davis, LeBron and Kuzma should do well on offense. They still need good shooters. Best would be a 3 and D type perimeter player. Early in the season I wanted Joe Harris. We all have dreams....

Shogon
06-12-2019, 05:29 PM

Eh... here's how this should go...

If the Lakers can guaranteed add Klay Thompson or Kawhi Leonard alongside LeBron and AD, they should do the trade and give up whatever.

If the Lakers are unsure if they'll get one of those guys, and it's likely they won't, you might be right.

But the problem with waiting is that who knows what happens with AD if they wait and on top of that, LeBron only has so many years left to be able to compete for a title. He's getting really close to not being able to, so it would seem. Do they really want to waste another year of him?

bladefd
06-12-2019, 05:36 PM
Pls trade Hart or someone besides Lonzo. :coleman:

I would rather keep Lonzo and trade Kuzma tbh.. Good shooters can be replaced but players who play elite defense, have world-class court vision & elite playmaking skills are not easy to replace.

bullettooth
06-12-2019, 05:38 PM
If the Lakers can guaranteed add Klay Thompson or Kawhi Leonard alongside LeBron and AD, they should do the trade and give up whatever.

What makes you fanboys so ****in entitled to think you can get so many all star players?

DMAVS41
06-12-2019, 05:39 PM
If they had #3 to get RJ to pair with Zion and hopefully make them both happy to be there it would be more tempting I’m sure.

Probably, but I actually think Hunter/Zion is better by a considerable margin.

Obviously so much uncertainty, but I really like what Hunter can bring to the NBA in terms of impact to a team winning games. I'm quite skeptical of what RJ will be able to do on that front.

If I'm the Pels, I'd want Lonzo/4th pick, but I wouldn't want Ingram. I'd want to move him to a 3rd team for something else.

elementally morale
06-12-2019, 05:40 PM
I would rather keep Lonzo and trade Kuzma tbh.. Shooters can be replaced but players who play elite defense, have world-class court vision & elite playmaking skills are not easy to replace.

If Lonzo Ball could shoot better than Rajon Rondo...

Also. I would not call Kuzma a shooter. He needs to improve in that regard. For whatever reason, I have a feeling he will become an All-Star in a year or two. And I like his alertness. Defense is still not good enough and I can't tell why.

qrich
06-12-2019, 05:46 PM
Well duh. Laker fans that think Ingram + #4 is enough is hilarious.

RRR3
06-12-2019, 05:50 PM
Let me guess, we trade everyone for AD and sign Butler in the off-season.. **** my life.
Lmao imagine complaining about the possibility of having 3 All-NBA players.

The Iron Fist
06-12-2019, 05:59 PM

That would be the smart thing. If AD really wants to come to LA, he will wait the year out and go to LA with the young guys still there.

The Iron Fist
06-12-2019, 06:02 PM
What makes you fanboys so ****in entitled to think you can get so many all star players?
Some people think Jerry West us still running things. These new guys are not Jerry West when it comes to dealing though. Most Laker fans are unrealistic.

bladefd
06-12-2019, 06:03 PM
If Lonzo Ball could shoot better than Rajon Rondo...

Also. I would not call Kuzma a shooter. He needs to improve in that regard. For whatever reason, I have a feeling he will become an All-Star in a year or two. And I like his alertness. Defense is still not good enough and I can't tell why.

If you trade Lonzo then who do you replace him with at pg? An injury-prone Kyrie on max deal? Kemba on an overpaid max deal? You would have no money left for a bench. There are not many free-agent pgs out there.

Face it, Lonzo is difficult to replace due to his elite intangibles. He does everything well except shoot. His defense is elite, great facilitator, and court vision almost at Steve Nash level. He is also on a rookie contract on top of everything!

Kuzma is much easier to replace. There are more options and possibilities out there to replace him with. And if it comes down to it, you can always move LeBron back to SF and bring in a PF like Randle.

elementally morale
06-12-2019, 06:07 PM
If you trade Lonzo then who do you replace him with at pg? An injury-prone Kyrie on max deal? Kemba on an overpaid max deal? There are not many free-agent pgs out there.

Face it, Lonzo is difficult to replace due to his elite intangibles. He does everything well except shoot. His defense is elite, great facilitator, and court vision almost at Steve Nash level. He is also on a rookie contract on top of everything!

Kuzma is much easier to replace. There are more options and possibilities out there to replace him with. And if it comes down to it, you can always move LeBron back to SF and bring in a PF like Randle.

I believe you are right. I think Lonzo at his contract is more valuable at this moment than Kuzma, especially for this Laker team. So I won't argue your take.

On a different note, it is actually rare that I just happen to like a player beyond his worth, based off of personal preference I sometimes label as potential. Kuzma is one of those guys. (Embiid is another, I like him a lot more than I should and even though I said a year ago Jokic may be better... I still like Joel. Can't really explain it.) So for some odd reason (and I actually think it is ill-advised) I just want Kuzma to stay. I think he will break out. (He most likely will not but... I'm sure you understand.)

Big_Dogg
06-12-2019, 07:38 PM
From the sounds of reports, including Kuzma could allow us to keep either Lonzo or the #4, I like Kuz and all but we have to keep either Lonzo or the pick for it to be worthwhile for us

Shogon
06-12-2019, 07:38 PM
From the sounds of reports, including Kuzma could allow us to keep either Lonzo or the #4, I like Kuz and all but we have to keep either Lonzo or the pick for it to be worthwhile for us

Holy shit KEEP LONZO MORONS, KEEP LONZO!!!!!!!!!

SpaceJam2
06-12-2019, 07:44 PM

You talking to Warrior fans or what? :lol

Curry
Klay
Dray
Iggy
Bogut
Cousins
Durant

:roll: :roll:

WE NEED MOAR

Big_Dogg
06-12-2019, 07:46 PM
You talking to Warrior fans or what? :lol

Curry
Klay
Dray
Iggy
Bogut
Cousins
Durant

:roll: :roll:

WE NEED MOAR

Savage :lol

bobopenguin
06-12-2019, 07:47 PM
get it. get it now.

i dont wanna wait another year for nothing to happen + another year old lebron.

infact, i rather keep lonzo and give Ingram + Kuz

RoseCity07
06-12-2019, 07:56 PM
Throw in Kuzma to finalize the deal.

bladefd
06-12-2019, 08:02 PM
As of 10pm yesterday, Lakers and pelicans have agreed on majority of the trade. What I was told is that Lakers have official told pelicans what they are putting on the table, and the pelicans have agreed to it

The problem has been the third team, during the initial stages it was between Chicago and Phoenix. However both teams have fallen off, two new emerging team have came out, the wizards and the hawks.

There is a high sense of optimism that the trade will get done.
https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/bzuob2/lakers_and_pelicans_trade_facing_a_roadblock/

^ That guy is apparently well-connected to nba front offices :confusedshrug:

TheGreatDeraj
06-12-2019, 08:27 PM
F*ck that! Do not want Anthony Davis if it takes Ingram,Ball and 4th pick.

We have cap space to sign him next year.

Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
Lebron
Davis

4th pick+kuzma off the bench is enough for title runs after Durant Injury

Have chance to rebuild trust in young guys. Tell them we won't trade them and think we can win with them. No need to give up the farm for a dude who will come to LA in 2020 anyways... If you have to make a deal make it near trade deadline where Davis value goes down cause Pelicans know he's gone after the season.

NBASTATMAN
06-12-2019, 08:41 PM
F*ck that! Do not want Anthony Davis if it takes Ingram,Ball and 4th pick.

We have cap space to sign him next year.

Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
Lebron
Davis

4th pick+kuzma off the bench is enough for title runs after Durant Injury

Have chance to rebuild trust in young guys. Tell them we won't trade them and think we can win with them. No need to give up the farm for a dude who will come to LA in 2020 anyways... If you have to make a deal make it near trade deadline where Davis value goes down cause Pelicans know he's gone after the season.

Lakers should try and get deeper with some veterans that know how to win. ADavis is a great player but giving up your perimeter defenders in Lonzo and Ingram will get you killed in TODAY' s league..

Send them Kuzma and either BI or lONZO but not both BI AND LONZO. Kuzma is horrible on defense.

Take a look at TORONTO.. They can field a team of 4 players whom all made the all defensive team at least once in past 4 or 5 years. Lowry and Pascal havent made an all defensive team but they can play some good defense as well.. You need perimeter defense to win in today's league.. Or luck .. In TORONTO's case they got both with KD, looney, klay, and Cousins being hurt or injured during the finals

qrich
06-12-2019, 08:49 PM
Just like you had cap space to sign George last and Kawhi this!

Kingwillball
06-12-2019, 09:04 PM
If lakers can somehow get him for BI Kuzma and #4 and keep ball that would be well worth it because JKidd would do WONDERS for lonzo. In that scenario would Love Klay in FA that would be championship contender immediately but jimmy butler would be nice fallback giving lakers top notch D plus what AD brings on D and Lebron in spurts when motivated. A starting lineup of ball Butler Lebron AD and McGee would be lethal on D and athletically but little light on shooting..

Kingwillball
06-12-2019, 09:06 PM
Just like you had cap space to sign George last and Kawhi this!

Exactly u don

bobopenguin
06-12-2019, 09:23 PM
let's be honest here, none of ingram, ball, kuz will ever reach anthony davis' level.

AD is top 5 in the league, get it done.

imdaman99
06-12-2019, 10:02 PM
Why would they want the 4th pick? Zion wants to play with RJ, RJ ain't dropping past the Knicks 3rd pick.

Thank the heavens the Pels asking for everyone on the Knicks. Makes it easier to say F off. RJ is gonna be here :banana:

RoseCity07
06-12-2019, 10:04 PM
Lakers are always trying to trade their trash for stars lol. Reminds me of this Griffey baseball game on N64. I used to sign a ton of free agents and trade them for a star. I built a super Mariners teams with all the best pitchers and star hitters by basically trading 3 trash players for one good player.

brownmamba00
06-12-2019, 10:15 PM
Keep Lonzo trade Kuzma he's nothing special

raprap
06-12-2019, 11:20 PM
They should do everything to keep Lonzo. He

Kingwillball
06-12-2019, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE=raprap]They should do everything to keep Lonzo. He

j3lademaster
06-12-2019, 11:28 PM
I believe you are right. I think Lonzo at his contract is more valuable at this moment than Kuzma, especially for this Laker team. So I won't argue your take.

On a different note, it is actually rare that I just happen to like a player beyond his worth, based off of personal preference I sometimes label as potential. Kuzma is one of those guys. (Embiid is another, I like him a lot more than I should and even though I said a year ago Jokic may be better... I still like Joel. Can't really explain it.) So for some odd reason (and I actually think it is ill-advised) I just want Kuzma to stay. I think he will break out. (He most likely will not but... I'm sure you understand.)all those parenthesis in your paragraph makes it look like your mind is telling u

oh the horror
06-13-2019, 01:23 AM
So this is it huh? Any team Lebron goes to have to be gutted out and put into a “win now” mode.

They’d better hope this experiment works. I know AD is a generational talent. I get that.

I also know he’s another dude that gets injured quite a bit.

They’re giving away nice pieces and depth and their defense for this dude. It’ll be interesting to see how they plug these holes. And they’d better hope it works.

I enjoyed watching the youth develop. Tired of the Laker culture being to “swing big” for that big name all the time.

Pelicans are potentially looking at a team with Zion, Ball, Ingram, maybe Randle, and the 4th pick?

Unless they involve other teams and get other pieces.

NBAGOAT
06-13-2019, 01:55 AM
[QUOTE=oh the horror]So this is it huh? Any team Lebron goes to have to be gutted out and put into a

elementally morale
06-13-2019, 03:23 AM
[QUOTE=j3lademaster]all those parenthesis in your paragraph makes it look like your mind is telling u

coin24
06-13-2019, 03:31 AM
So it's already started :facepalm

Lonzo has potential but can't seem to stay healthy, or shoot. It would be best for him to go to a less stressful spotlight type scenario to develop, and I do think he could develop into a kidd type pg..

Same goes for Ingram really. He could be such a beast. I'm happy if they keep Kuzma though he's a stud.

I wish the lakers just signed a few 3 and d type guys and some vets. They didn't need to go after bran and this big push for premier FA. I'm sick of hearing this shit every season.

nashwade
06-13-2019, 03:34 AM
Lebron is 34 - what other modes can he go for, besides "win now"?

PickernRoller
06-13-2019, 03:38 AM
Lebron is 34 - what other modes can he go for, besides "win now"?

"Playoff mode" or whatever the fvck that was... :lol :lol

If we don't give up Kuzma that's a fine deal.

nayte
06-13-2019, 04:52 AM
I get taking Lonzo but does Ingram pair well with Zion? Not sure on that. Zion is there star he needs the ball from the start imo not sure how igram plays into that