PDA

View Full Version : Will KD get credit for the 2019 ring/chip?

StrongLurk
06-12-2019, 05:22 PM
If the Warriors come back down 3-1 with him only playing 12 minutes in the series?

Mr. Jabbar
06-12-2019, 05:24 PM
It would unarguably be the 12 mins that shifted the series so yes. F yes.

ArbitraryWater
06-12-2019, 05:26 PM
strongest 12 mins ever

so yes

he turned the tide

#highstandards #KDcaping

elementally morale
06-12-2019, 05:26 PM
He should.

ILLsmak
06-12-2019, 05:37 PM
People said Willis Reed prol trolling but it turned out a lot like that. He deserves honorary finals MVP, taking a year long loss to keep his team from being eliminated.

I would not feel sorry for him if I didn't think he was pressured into it/given bad advice. I don't know if we'll ever know the truth cuz kd isn't gonna say it and he's the only one who knows.

But Yea he gets credit, if they somehow win.

-Smak

ArbitraryWater
06-12-2019, 05:42 PM
People said Willis Reed prol trolling but it turned out a lot like that. He deserves honorary finals MVP, taking a year long loss to keep his team from being eliminated.

I would not feel sorry for him if I didn't think he was pressured into it/given bad advice. I don't know if we'll ever know the truth cuz kd isn't gonna say it and he's the only one who knows.

-Smak

https://media.giphy.com/media/7CG6pZwq74nte/giphy.gif

hold this L
06-12-2019, 06:09 PM
Is he not part of the team? He was averaging 35PPG in the first 10 games of the PS.

Kiddlovesnets
06-12-2019, 06:17 PM
He

Kblaze8855
06-12-2019, 06:38 PM

-Smak

Except Willis Reed led the Knicks in scoring those finals. He outscored everyone else even having missed most of one game and all of another. He only missed one full game in the playoffs. He deserved that MVP.

Levity
06-12-2019, 06:42 PM
I'll give him credit. Not sure if thats enough though :confusedshrug:

ImKobe
06-12-2019, 06:48 PM
He does. He was by far the best player in the Playoffs before he went down and carried the Warriors to two wins against the Rockets with Curry and Thompson struggling. Risked his achilles down 1 - 3 to spark his team and scored 11 pointsi n 12 minutes in a 1-point win.

It won't be in the conversation for best championship runs, but he still deserves credit for it.

Indian guy
06-12-2019, 07:02 PM
He did play the first 2 rounds, so he will get some credit.

But Warriors winning the WCF and Finals without him would be a terrible look for him. His 2 rings are already treated as sort of a joke. Imagine how much more of a joke they'll become if GS wins the title without him playing the last 12 games.

ILLsmak
06-12-2019, 07:28 PM
Except Willis Reed led the Knicks in scoring those finals. He outscored everyone else even having missed most of one game and all of another. He only missed one full game in the playoffs. He deserved that MVP.

That's why I said honorary. And I was likening the short amount of pt that inspired his team to Willis reed's moment. Not the playoffs. I will definitely try to make my posts more easy to follow from here on. Maybe.

Check this for people who have never heard of honorary awards: https://www.opm.gov/faqs/QA.aspx?fid=4fbd9ea9-ec55-4a3e-b92c-f6b35e148227&pid=77a31344-9a0a-4edf-9729-3b026fb41cb8

Well, enjoy dudes.

-Smak

MrFonzworth
06-12-2019, 09:01 PM
Credit? He should be FMVP. Regardless of the outcome.

StrongLurk
06-12-2019, 09:21 PM
So the Warriors swept the WCF without him and then if they manage to come back from down 3-1...KD in my opinion gets NO credit for this ring.

The Lebron haters need to ask themselves...if Lebron played 12 minutes in a finals and his team won a chip without him then they would give Lebron NO CREDIT.

SouBeachTalents
06-12-2019, 09:26 PM
So the Warriors swept the WCF without him and then if they manage to come back from down 3-1...KD in my opinion gets NO credit for this ring.

The Lebron haters need to ask themselves...if Lebron played 12 minutes in a finals and his team won a chip without him then they would give Lebron NO CREDIT.
Please, people give LeBron no credit for his rings when a teammate hits a big basket :lol

ILLsmak
06-13-2019, 06:15 AM

Imo they lose in 5 if he doesn't play. So there's that.

I don't wanna get into the whole hater v Stan narrative. It seems like mad people on this site have agendas. I just wanna talk shit about basketball. If you agree with my statement, I mean it's hard to disagree with because it happened, but hypothetically maybe they win without him, too. I don't think they do. I also don't think they're gonna win this ring.

But if they do he absolutely deserves some credit. He helped keep them alive on the brink of elimination. He's not gonna win fmvp obviously, but nobody from the wars would be winning it if he didn't give them the morale boost in game 5.

He gave them a chance. Sure it was only a few minutes, but it was meaningful.

-Smak

superduper
06-13-2019, 09:30 AM
They were a completely different team with a one legged Durant out there. That should tell you all you need to know.

tpols
06-13-2019, 10:01 AM
He should...they lose in 5 without his first quarter.

krazymofo
06-13-2019, 12:11 PM
yeah, even in that first 1st quarter in game 5, the man was ready to be on fire.

he was ready to steal currys 1st FMVP away lol

StrongLurk
06-13-2019, 02:00 PM
They were a completely different team with a one legged Durant out there. That should tell you all you need to know.

Everyone already knows the Warriors are better with Durant. That isn't what we are talking about.

The guy didn't play in the WCF and played 12 minutes in 1 game in the finals.

The Warriors would STILL need to win game 6 and 7 without him.

I mean, a ring for the Warriors this year wouldn't DO anything for KD on the all-time rankings.

ILLsmak
06-13-2019, 04:10 PM
Everyone already knows the Warriors are better with Durant. That isn't what we are talking about.

The guy didn't play in the WCF and played 12 minutes in 1 game in the finals.

The Warriors would STILL need to win game 6 and 7 without him.

I mean, a ring for the Warriors this year wouldn't DO anything for KD on the all-time rankings.

It's an all time moment so it'll mean something. His play overall won't, even tho he was Ballin hard. But dude you have to understand in most people's opinions they don't win game 5 if he doesn't play. If they have a 2% chance of winning now, they had zero if they lost gm

I was queasy watching him ball out. I was like why is he so good. Then everyone was making shots and I had to get some rest. Next thing I new he was injured and wars barely won. But now they get to go home with a chance to tie.

I'm not a warriors fan or super team fan but people do kd really dirty on here. I'll say what I've said before : due to a cap change Gsw had max money, you wanna go thru history of people who weren't on perennial championship contenders (and most people weren't) who would not have signed with them?

Even guys like mj and kobe had their problems with their team. Unless you have a really good relationship with your teammates or the coach/staff anybody is gonna take that. Nobody is gonna be like wait that's bad for the nba lol. It just so happens kd was the best dude available that summer. Dudes eat shit if u don't think anyone else in the nba would have done the same thing.

Maybe not kyrie but kyrie learned the hard way he's not a leader. He's great at ball tho. Obv

The dudes who say they would not have done it now don't know because they weren't that dude. Why wouldn't you wanna play with Gsw, a buncha high iq talented dudes who play d or was before they got super cocky. He joined a 73 win team needs to go in the trash bin w 5 rangz, 1-9, Hakeem schooled Shaq in the finals etc.

-Smak

red1
06-13-2019, 04:19 PM
in one quarter he showed why he was the back-to-back finals MVP and why draymond called him the parking lot after game-7 2016.

in fact dray owes KD an apology for giving him shit earlier in the season because the warriors absolutely DO need kd.

ILLsmak
06-13-2019, 04:30 PM
in one quarter he showed why he was the back-to-back finals MVP and why draymond called him the parking lot after game-7 2016.

in fact dray owes KD an apology for giving him shit earlier in the season because the warriors absolutely DO need kd.

I know you're probably ribbing people and I'm blowing up this thread, but it's true, to play devils advocate, if they signed two or three decent players or traded him for two starters n a draft pick they'd probably be able to win more rings. It's just their team is so ****ing ass right now and a lot of it falls on drays fat cat mentality. It's like he stopped practicing 3s. If he hits consistent 33% of threes and shoots with confidence, the wars would be so much better.

But that's why I say curry needs to be the one driving and dishing because dray is looking like garbage when he tries to do it. He's making poor decisions and blowing lay ups. Klay and curry are locked in. But with every one else playing like shit even someone like kd limping around and making jumpers is huge

-Smak

StrongLurk
06-13-2019, 04:57 PM
If KD gets credit for this ring, then can we say rings really don't matter that much when it comes to all time rankings?

Lot of people in this thread are just saying "KD good, therefore ring matterz even though he isn't playing".

Like yeah, we know KD is all time great. But will people say "KD is an all time great with three rings or two rings"?

red1
06-13-2019, 04:58 PM
I know you're probably ribbing people and I'm blowing up this thread, but it's true, to play devils advocate, if they signed two or three decent players or traded him for two starters n a draft pick they'd probably be able to win more rings. It's just their team is so ****ing ass right now and a lot of it falls on drays fat cat mentality. It's like he stopped practicing 3s. If he hits consistent 33% of threes and shoots with confidence, the wars would be so much better.

But that's why I say curry needs to be the one driving and dishing because dray is looking like garbage when he tries to do it. He's making poor decisions and blowing lay ups. Klay and curry are locked in. But with every one else playing like shit even someone like kd limping around and making jumpers is huge

-Smak
if the warriors win this year then kd has three 1st option rings. to be honest it's kind of obvious to me that he IS the warriors dynasty.

without him they are still a great team but they aren't unbeatable.

StrongLurk
06-13-2019, 05:01 PM
if the warriors win this year then kd has three 1st option rings. to be honest it's kind of obvious to me that he IS the warriors dynasty.

without him they are still a great team but they aren't unbeatable.

:roll:

How is he the first option but not playing??? Y'all are fukin' retarded.

If the Warriors win a CHAMPIONSHIP without KD, that is CRAZY.

ArbitraryWater
06-13-2019, 05:06 PM

he trolling lol

gotta be

red1
06-13-2019, 05:14 PM

I'm not trolling I just don't have a lot of respect for curry klay and dray without kd.

I think they're gonna get locked down tonight tbh.

HylianNightmare
06-13-2019, 09:57 PM
Credit? He should be FMVP. Regardless of the outcome.
Agreed