PDA

View Full Version : Where Does Kawhi Rank All Time

Basketball IQ
06-13-2019, 11:50 PM
Honestly, I consider this title to be an asterisk but I think it's fair to put him in the same category as West, KG, Moses, Dirk, Kobe, and Karl

90sgoat
06-13-2019, 11:51 PM
I have him above Lebron already.

He is right around top 10 now.

StrongLurk
06-13-2019, 11:52 PM
Honestly, I consider this title to be an asterisk but I think it's fair to put him in the same category as West, KG, Moses, Dirk, Kobe, and Karl

WHAT???

Kawhi has had three elite seasons...that's it.

Both of his finals MVPS are suspect as well (first one only averaged like 20ppg, second one is an asterisk one).

Kawhi is top 75 at best. But he could get a lot higher with more elite seasons.

bizil
06-14-2019, 12:03 AM
With the pace that Kawhi is on, the Mt. Rushmore of SF's GOAT wise COULD BE Bron, KD, Bird, and Kawhi at some point. I think he's gonna pass Doc by at this pace and knock him off. BUT not quite yet! Longevity has to count for something! LOL BUT he's on that track FOR SURE!

To get on that SF Mt. Rushmore GOAT wise, he just needs to stay healthy and keep doing what he's doing. He has ENOUGH RINGS and ENOUGH FINALS MVP already! Not saying he won't win more and doesn't want more. BUT it's a HUGE LUXURY to have 2 Finals MVPs, 2 rings, and 2 DPOYS at the age of only 27 years old! That's some BOSS SHIT that right there!! I can say FOR SURE than MJ and Kawhi are the best two way perimeter players I've ever seen. DPOYs who are ALSO dominant alpha dog level scorers!

PP34Deuce
06-14-2019, 12:05 AM
Kawhi career is still going...

He has some holes that Toronto seriously masked. He struggled in game 6.

Hes an all time great and will be a top 5 SF all time.

talkingconch
06-14-2019, 12:05 AM
Hes at a really good pace right now.

stalkerforlife
06-14-2019, 12:06 AM
Ahead of Bran.

r0drig0lac
06-14-2019, 12:07 AM
top 25 over harden and curry...next stage: Durant

Basketball IQ
06-14-2019, 12:08 AM
WHAT???

Kawhi has had three elite seasons...that's it.

Both of his finals MVPS are suspect as well (first one only averaged like 20ppg, second one is an asterisk one).

Kawhi is top 75 at best. But he could get a lot higher with more elite seasons.

Pippen is considered to be a top 50 players. Would you honestly say Pippen is better than Kawhi? I personally don't think Pippen would be a top 20 player in today's league.

StrongLurk
06-14-2019, 12:11 AM
Pippen is considered to be a top 50 players. Would you honestly say Pippen is better than Kawhi? I personally don't think Pippen would be a top 20 player in today's league.

Yes I have Pippen over Kawhi all time at this moment. But like I said, Kawhi can rise quickly, he just needs more elite seasons.

Kawhi didn't even have a 30 point game until FIVE SEASONS into his career.

He has more to prove.

Real14
06-14-2019, 12:13 AM
I have him above Lebron already.

He is right around top 10 now.
Same here bro:applause:

Vino24
06-14-2019, 12:15 AM
Ahead of Kobe around 11

bizil
06-14-2019, 12:23 AM
Yes I have Pippen over Kawhi all time at this moment. But like I said, Kawhi can rise quickly, he just needs more elite seasons.

Kawhi didn't even have a 30 point game until FIVE SEASONS into his career.

He has more to prove.

I agree! On a GOAT level, Pip FOR SURE has the edge on Kawhi! But in general, Kawhi is a better player than Pippen FOR SURE! Some posters don't understand that GOAT status factors:

- Numbers
- Solo Accolades
- Team Accolades
- Longevity being great (redefining a position, causing rules changes, being a face of the league, etc.)
- Impact on the League
- Peak-prime status

So when u line all this up, Pip CLEARLY is over Kawhi GOAT wise as of now!