PDA

View Full Version : Van Gundy and Jackson sounded so sad

DocSlam
06-14-2019, 03:43 AM
It was like listening to announcers at a senior PGA event. They had no enthusiasm. Jackson kept repeating why the Warriors should not even be in the game every time Toronto took a lead. Dude was making his excuses early in the 2nd quarter. I wish we had a new announcing team for the Finals.

Cleverness
06-14-2019, 04:00 AM
I wish ESPN had a new announcing team, but for other reasons. Brent Barry is good.

A lot of NBA fans are sad.. two all time greats just suffered career-altering injuries in their prime. Why do you think they sounded so sad?

RRR3
06-14-2019, 04:05 AM
I wish ESPN had a new announcing team, but for other reasons. Brent Barry is good.

A lot of NBA fans are sad.. two all time greats just suffered career-altering injuries in their prime. Why do you think they sounded so sad?
Bro Klay will be fine. The only bad thing is he

DocSlam
06-14-2019, 05:13 AM
Jackson pouted during most of the series. The only time he came alive was when Steph went off in Game 3. He is too much of a Steph fan to call the game objectively.

Inferno
06-14-2019, 05:17 AM
Jackson pouted during most of the series. The only time he came alive was when Steph went off in Game 3. He is too much of a Steph fan to call the game objectively.

Am I tripping? I thought the announcers were clearly ani-GSW the whole time. Maybe my homer goggles are blinding my vision

ILLsmak
06-14-2019, 10:28 AM
I think jvg is anti war and Jack is pro war but he's also a closet hater because he was the coach before they became a dynasty.

I think the network or nba sent jvg a memo to stop criticizing awful calls as much. I mean they still do it but there are some calls where you can hear him just be silent and try to say something positive.

I think everyone wanted 7 and I think the raps were gonna win even with klay. Probably tonight. People are sad because two of the best players in the nba (and yea klay is) are gonna be out and a dynasty team is wrecked. This is kind of unprecedented. Maybe someone else has one? But I can't recall any time two great players on the same team both got injuries that were prolly gonna keep them out for most of the year and probably affect their ability to play forever.

-Smak

red1
06-14-2019, 10:41 AM
I had that exact thought several times but I didn't want to post it because I thought it was too negative.

Mark jackson absolutely should not have been commenting on the game last night or the series really, because he's practically a warriors fan.

reppy
06-14-2019, 10:43 AM
I'll summarize the 4th quarter.

*every time a role player makes a big play or is about to shoot FTs*

"This is the biggest shot of [insert role player's name] career."

ILLsmak
06-14-2019, 10:52 AM
I'll summarize the 4th quarter.

*every time a role player makes a big play or is about to shoot FTs*

"This is the biggest shot of [insert role player's name] career."

Yea I was kinda rolling when cuz made a lay up and they were like the biggest basket of his career. Haha it's like word ok. I'm sure hell always remember going in for a lay up in the finals.

-Smak

Miles and Miles
06-14-2019, 12:17 PM
Mark Jackson is STILL in love with the Warriors. I don't know about him but if I was fired I sure wouldn't be loving on them so much.

FKAri
06-14-2019, 12:40 PM
Bring back Bill Walton

bison
06-14-2019, 01:00 PM
The passion in announcing died out when local radio and tv gave up all rights to faceless corporations like espn and abc. Social media isn’t any better.

paksat
06-14-2019, 01:16 PM
whoever that guy saying bang needs to fckng go

guy is terrible

ILLsmak
06-14-2019, 02:14 PM
Bring back Bill Walton

Dudes not ready for 4d commentary. From miles bridges to I love bridges because they allow you to get somewhere you couldn't otherwise to bill you crossed over a bridge today didn't you. And Bill says yes I road my bike over it, great view.

That's pretty hard to beat.

OK I'm done here. Seeya next season. Haha.

-Smak