Jordan 6
Kobe 5
Manu 4
Lebron 3
Kawhi 2
Dirk 1

Mr Feeny
06-14-2019, 03:51 PM
I cant believe the Warriors never ended up 3 peating. The conversation for most of the past 5 years was centred around whether anyone can beat them at all.

It's crazy to think that none of the super teams since Shaq's lakers were able to 3peat.

lakerstekkenn
06-14-2019, 04:03 PM
I cant believe the Warriors never ended up 3 peating. The conversation for most of the past 5 years was centred around whether anyone can beat them at all.

It's crazy to think that none of the super teams since Shaq's lakers were able to 3peat.

Your body can't keep taking that punishment and wear and tear so you get injuries and you can't keep a decent bench because of your max contracts especially the four they have and the same thing happened in Miami.

Shaq and Kobe were the two main super stars and they had a veteran bench full of ex all stars going two to three deep.

Golden State if someone goes down isn't deep enough to have the advantage still they become equal with everyone else.

They are not as good as people think, their advantage is the ability to just shoot threes all game like jumpers, take that away by making them shoot jumpers and out rebound them and you can beat them even with Durant Huston proved this last year playing physical defense, but just came up short because they didn't settle for jumpers and attack the basket drawing fouls to keep the lead.

Kobe and Shaq Lakers along with the Spurs were more balanced and deeper then Golden State is and would shut these guys down and Clay couldn't stop Kobe whatsoever eventually fouling out Fox gives Clay trouble and Shaq drives Green nuts riding the bench because of fouling out.

Mr Feeny
06-14-2019, 04:07 PM
Your body can't keep taking that punishment and wear and tear so you get injuries and you can't keep a decent bench because of your max contracts especially the four they have and the same thing happened in Miami.

Shaq and Kobe were the two main super stars and they had a veteran bench full of ex all stars going two to three deep.

Golden State if someone goes down isn't deep enough to have the advantage still they become equal with everyone else.

They are not as good as people think, their advantage is the ability to just shoot threes all game like jumpers, take that away by making them shoot jumpers and out rebound them and you can beat them even with Durant Huston proved this last year playing physical defense, but just came up short because they didn't settle for jumpers and attack the basket drawing fouls to keep the lead.

Kobe and Shaq Lakers along with the Spurs were more balanced and deeper then Golden State is and would shut these guys down and Clay couldn't stop Kobe whatsoever eventually fouling out Fox gives Clay trouble and Shaq drives Green nuts riding the bench because of fouling out.

True but even the Lakers had trouble towards the end, as did the Bulls in each of the 3rd seasons in their 3peats. Game 7's against Sac for the Lakers, and NY and Indiana doe Chicago. The margins are really thin, as you said.

Incidentally, its Klay. Odd spelling, but they spell it with a K.

I think that the Warriors would have had trouble guarding Shaq especially, because of his size. But the Warriora would have also caused that Laker team problem as Shaq had trouble defending pick and rolls. It's hard to know what would have happened had they faced off in a hypothetical matchup.

ImKobe
06-14-2019, 09:02 PM
Kobe and Shaq still the best dynasty since Jordan's Bulls.

DocSlam
06-14-2019, 10:13 PM
Bill Russell and Red Auerbach say a 3-peat is cute. I'm not a Celtics fan, but they have dominated the NBA overall.

bison
06-14-2019, 10:34 PM
3 peat lakers were just as deep as this gsw team. Having Ron Harper, glen rice, Horace grant and Derek Fisher in your back pocket is just the same as having iggy, livingston, cousins, lee and west. In other words, both teams were FRONT LOADED and played deeper opponents (blazers and kings for lakers, Toronto, spurs, clippers et al for golden state). Three peating is hard no matter how ‘stacked’ your team is. How the **** did Jordan do it twice

3ball
06-14-2019, 10:40 PM
Horry 7
Jordan 6
Kobe 5
Manu 4
Lebron 3
Kawhi 2
Dirk 1
MJ had 6 rings as the best player

Who's in 2nd place and how many did they get? How far are they behind MJ?

RRR3
06-14-2019, 10:42 PM
MJ had 6 rings as the best player

Who's in 2nd place and how many did they get? How far are they behind MJ?
Russell had 11 rings as the best player dawg.

3ball
06-14-2019, 10:44 PM
Russell had 11 rings as the best player dawg.
Not true, but that was the 8-team era so who cares

Who is next after Jordan in the modern era?... Don't deflect

RRR3
06-14-2019, 10:48 PM
Not true, but that was the 8-team era so who cares

Who is next after Jordan in the modern era?... Don't deflect
Name the years someone was better and which player it was.

BTW if you want someone more recently you could easily argue Duncan was the best player on 5 title teams. Sure that’s still less than 6, but you were acting like no one’s close to MJ.

3ball
06-14-2019, 10:54 PM
Name the years someone was better and which player it was.

BTW if you want someone more recently you could easily argue Duncan was the best player on 5 title teams. Sure that’s still less than 6, but you were acting like no one’s close to MJ.
Good point

I guess Duncan is #2 after MJ in best player rings..

But he's still far behind because he only has 4 best player rings - Kawhi was best in 2014 - in games 3-5, he significantly outplayed the best player in the world at that time

bison
06-14-2019, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Name the years someone was better and which player it was.

BTW if you want someone more recently you could easily argue Duncan was the best player on 5 title teams. Sure that

SamuraiSWISH
06-14-2019, 10:57 PM

And to be fair with context, that 2002 Western Conference Finals makes it even a little bit suspect

bison
06-14-2019, 10:58 PM
Good point

I guess Duncan is #2 after MJ.. but he's still far behind because he only has 4 best player rings - Kawhi was best in 2014 - in games 3-5, he significantly outplayed the best player in the world at that time

Duncan was the clear cut best player in, like, two or even one years in the early aughts. I don

RRR3
06-14-2019, 11:00 PM
What are the GOAT SP songs?

Pick one: Bodies, Here is no why, rocket, jellybelly, bury me, geek USA
In order from that list

1. Here is no Why (probably top 10 SP song I’ve heard)
2. Geek USA
3. Bury me
4/5. Jellybelly/Bodies
6. Rocket

From all songs I’ve heard (not in order after the top 4)

1. Today
2. Zero
3. Bullet with Butterfly Wings
4. Ava Adore
5. **** You (An Ode To No One)
6. To Forgive
7. X.Y.U.
8. Thru the Eyes of Ruby
9. Beautiful
10. Here is No Why

HM (also not in order): Mayonnaise, Geek USA, Disarm, Cherub Rock, For Martha, Soma, Siva, Starla, Transformer, jeez. So many. I’m leaving off some that are better than some on this list tbh. I’m just not parsing it down more before you end up reading it lol.

I need to go through full albums again to get a more comprehensive list. I feel like I may have forgotten some besides the ones I just didn’t list due to laziness

3ball
06-14-2019, 11:07 PM
3 peat lakers were just as deep as this gsw team. Having Ron Harper, glen rice, Horace grant and Derek Fisher in your back pocket is just the same as having iggy, livingston, cousins, lee and west. In other words, both teams were FRONT LOADED and played deeper opponents (blazers and kings for lakers, Toronto, spurs, clippers et al for golden state). Three peating is hard no matter how ‘stacked’ your team is. How the **** did Jordan do it twice
The same reason the bulls had goat offenses (team ORtg) despite no 3rd option and overall weak offensive help:

. goat teamwork and the goat scorer*

* goat scorer doesn't only mean scoring 4 more PPG than everyone in playoff history - it means doing so without dominating the ball

Cold soul
06-14-2019, 11:41 PM
My favorite team growing up that made me a Lakers fan I miss that team.