PDA

View Full Version : Let

Noyze
06-14-2019, 05:09 PM
The Spurs are having a tough time adapting to the "new" NBA and have been for a while. Today the "player" has alot more power now then in the past. They want you to become "the Spurs" and less of an individual, not interested in your brand. I said a long time ago that once Duncan retired it would be alot harder to deal with this new generation of players.

When Tony Parker started dating that chick from Desperate Housewives the Spurs hated the paparazzi, warned him, then put him in the doghouse for it, this was before he started dating John Barry's wife. That wouldn't fly today as we've seen. There’s silly shit the Spurs did like constantly encouraging him to cut his cornrows....cause why, it looks ghetto to them? If you're a roll player, you have to fall in line, Kawhi didn't and their not use to that. So the Spurs doctors cleared him to play, he came back for 3 games in January and told them he was still in pain. Kawhi's uncle now had a voice and the Spurs don't like dealing with anything not "in house" as Steven Jackson, Derrick Anderson, Richard Jefferson and a bunch of former Spurs players have said. He seeks a 2nd opinion and now the rift between the team got worst then it already was. Danny Green speaks up for Kawhi and the Spurs don't like that. Tony Parker saying "My quad injury was 100 times worse" think about the logic in that comment, and even if it was 100% true, why would you say that about a player on your team, to burn him? Well it didn't stop, they kept burning him publicly and in team meetings. They never even put the supermax on the table, they essentially reduced their options. I didn't like Kawhi dropping his agent and getting his uncle involved at first, he felt he could trust him, and a lack of trust is what he talked about in his post game press conference after winning the Championship.

It’s sad because they developed this guy lol. Honestly I think Kawhi would have become a star no matter where he went because he’s relentless about working on his game, you could see that in his pre-draft workout and interview video on Youtube. But I don’t know if he would have gotten this smart without playing for Pop. They helped create this superstar, but lost him cause of an old fashioned style of handling things.

TheMan
06-14-2019, 05:40 PM
They had their next superstar to build around him and continue their excellence, but now they have to look for their next franchise player because neither Aldridge nor DeFrozen are it :lol :facepalm

1987_Lakers
06-14-2019, 05:49 PM
They blew an opportunity to extend their dynasty an extra 5-7 years by acting like ***** towards Kawhi, their dynasty died the moment Zaza injured Kawhi.

This is why Belichick is the GOAT coach, he wouldn't allow any of the nonsense leak to the media the way the Spurs leaked reports trashing Kawhi.

1987_Lakers
06-14-2019, 05:55 PM
The Spurs are having a tough time adapting to the "new" NBA and have been for a while. Today the "player" has alot more power now then in the past. They want you to become "the Spurs" and less of an individual, not interested in your brand. I said a long time ago that once Duncan retired it would be alot harder to deal with this new generation of players.

When Tony Parker started dating that chick from Desperate Housewives the Spurs hated the paparazzi, warned him, then put him in the doghouse for it, this was before he started dating John Barry's wife. That wouldn't fly today as we've seen. There’s silly shit the Spurs did like constantly encouraging him to cut his cornrows....cause why, it looks ghetto to them? If you're a roll player, you have to fall in line, Kawhi didn't and their not use to that. So the Spurs doctors cleared him to play, he came back for 3 games in January and told them he was still in pain. Kawhi's uncle now had a voice and the Spurs don't like dealing with anything not "in house" as Steven Jackson, Derrick Anderson, Richard Jefferson and a bunch of former Spurs players have said. He seeks a 2nd opinion and now the rift between the team got worst then it already was. Danny Green speaks up for Kawhi and the Spurs don't like that. Tony Parker saying "My quad injury was 100 times worse" think about the logic in that comment, and even if it was 100% true, why would you say that about a player on your team, to burn him? Well it didn't stop, they kept burning him publicly and in team meetings. They never even put the supermax on the table, they essentially reduced their options. I didn't like Kawhi dropping his agent and getting his uncle involved at first, he felt he could trust him, and a lack of trust is what he talked about in his post game press conference after winning the Championship.

It’s sad because they developed this guy lol. Honestly I think Kawhi would have become a star no matter where he went because he’s relentless about working on his game, you could see that in his pre-draft workout and interview video on Youtube. But I don’t know if he would have gotten this smart without playing for Pop. They helped create this superstar, but lost him cause of an old fashioned style of handling things.

Similar thing happened in New England, during the 2017 season the Patriots banned Alex Guerrero, Brady's personal trainer because they didn't like the players going to him instead of the team doctors. They realized before the 2018 season that it isn't a good idea to get on Brady's bad side, in the 2018 season it was reported that Guerrero traveled with the team for a game.

Noyze
06-14-2019, 06:03 PM
Similar thing happened in New England, during the 2017 season the Patriots banned Alex Guerrero, Brady's personal trainer because they didn't like the players going to him instead of the team doctors. They realized before the 2018 season that it isn't a good idea to get on Brady's bad side, in the 2018 season it was reported that Guerrero traveled with the team for a game.
That's a good point.

Forget about sport, This is very common in the medical field. It happened with my father years ago. Hell remember what happened when Uncle Junior sought a 2nd opinion for his condition? The doctors didn't like that and ignored him, then Tony Soprano had to tune the guy up to get him to return Uncle Jr's phone calls :lol .

1987_Lakers
06-14-2019, 06:07 PM
That's a good point.

Forget about sport, This is very common in the medical field. It happened with my father years ago. Hell remember what happened when Uncle Junior sought a 2nd opinion for his condition? The doctors didn't like that and ignored him, then Tony Soprano had to tune the guy up to get him to return Uncle Jr's phone calls :lol .

lol, that Kennedy doctor. Uncle Junior had a weird obsession with the Kennedy family.