PDA

View Full Version : Has Lowry surpassed CP3?

Vino24
06-15-2019, 03:30 PM
I think so

LAmbruh
06-15-2019, 03:33 PM
amazing how this Finals has completely made us reevaluate talent out West

Lowry >>> CP3, Lillard, Westbrook

paksat
06-15-2019, 03:41 PM
all I know is kawhi took a scrub team according to most before this season and scrubbed this so called "dynasty" with his ass

:roll:

Doranku
06-15-2019, 03:57 PM
Lowry's game 6 performance is more impressive than anything CP3 has done in his career. :lol

bigkingsfan
06-15-2019, 03:59 PM
Lowry's game 6 performance is more impressive than anything CP3 has done in his career. :lol
You gonna act like a hobble CP3 didn't take out the champs in 2015, made the NBA change the seeding after that.

LAmbruh
06-15-2019, 04:01 PM
You gonna act like CP3 didn't take out the champs in 2015, made the NBA change the seeding after that.
true

CP3 infact dethroned Kawhit in 2015

ArbitraryWater
06-15-2019, 04:01 PM

ugh, dude...

literally this year:

Paul's game 6 vs. GSW: 27/11/6 on 11/19 58% 2/2 FT's, 2 TO's
Lowry's game 6 vs. GSW: 26/7/10 on 9/16 56% 4/6 FT's, 3 TO's

You really gotta cut the crap

Doranku
06-15-2019, 04:02 PM
You gonna act like CP3 didn't take out the champs in 2015, made the NBA change the seeding after that.

Both closed out the champions of the previous year. CP3 did it in the first round, Lowry did it in the finals. Lowry gets the edge.

Also, what CP3 did in the next round that year overshadows what happened in the first round.

CP3 sat out the first two games in Houston, Clippers split the series without him, CP3 comes back and they ultimately blow a 3-1 lead to James Harden. :oldlol:

Vino24
06-15-2019, 04:03 PM
ugh, dude...

literally this year:

Lowry contributed better to the team. Stats are not everything. Plus he was a better defender

Doranku
06-15-2019, 04:04 PM
ugh, dude...

literally this year:

The numbers are basically a wash. Lowry's team won the game on the road and closed out a championship, CP3's team lost the game at home and the series after KD went down. And you're using this as evidence of... what exactly?

What is wrong with you? :roll:

ArbitraryWater
06-15-2019, 04:06 PM
The numbers are basically a wash. Lowry's team won the game on the road, CP3's team lost the game at home. And you're using this as evidence as... what exactly?

the fact that i can look no further than Paul's last game, as 34-year old, which you admit to being a wash with Lowry's game which is supposedly better than anything he ever did, should tell you a lot about your dumb claim.

Maybe it didnt, even worse for you.

Stop making dumb posts, and I will stop calling them out.

Vino24
06-15-2019, 04:06 PM
The numbers are basically a wash. Lowry's team won the game on the road and closed out a championship, CP3's team lost the game at home and the series after KD went down. And you're using this as evidence as... what exactly?

Also Lowry hit a lot more key momentum shots

ArbitraryWater
06-15-2019, 04:07 PM
Lowry contributed better to the team. Stats are not everything. Plus he was a better defender

they arent. Paul did more with less touches amongst Harden who was using a lot of the clock.

No one is saying Paul's was better, but, Lowry's isnt better either. Its a same ballpark game, easily.

Paul also dealt with Klay in the 4th, btw.

Also Lowry hit a lot more key momentum shots

no he didnt. You just dont remember Paul's because they lost.

bigkingsfan
06-15-2019, 04:07 PM
Both closed out the champions of the previous year. CP3 did it in the first round, Lowry did it in the finals. Lowry gets the edge.

Also, what CP3 did in the next round that year overshadows what happened in the first round.

CP3 sat out the first two games in Houston, Clippers split the series without him, CP3 comes back and they ultimately blow a 3-1 lead to James Harden. :oldlol:
Lowry was the 3rd best player on his own team. Hell VanVleet was the one that closed them out and got a FMVP vote for it.

Doranku
06-15-2019, 04:12 PM
Lowry was the 3rd best player on his own team. Hell VanVleet was the one that closed them out and got a FMVP vote for it.

LMAO I didn't know FVV got a FMVP vote. Hubie Brown should NEVER be allowed to vote for a FMVP again. That is disgusting.

Doranku
06-15-2019, 04:17 PM
the fact that i can look no further than Paul's last game, as 34-year old, which you admit to being a wash with Lowry's game which is supposedly better than anything he ever did, should tell you a lot about your dumb claim.

Maybe it didnt, even worse for you.

Stop making dumb posts, and I will stop calling them out.

Context.

Game 6 on the road. Back-to-back defending champions. Close out game in the finals. Lowry puts the team on his back for the first half of the game, ends up with 26/7/10 in a W.

Only comparable game I can think of for CP3 is game 7 against the Spurs in 2015 when he hit the game winner on one leg.

sammichoffate
06-15-2019, 04:33 PM
Lowry's stats and career accolades don't come close to CP3's. That doesn't change the fact that CP3 is a career choker tho.

Smoke117
06-15-2019, 05:09 PM

Cringe. Clearly you didn't actually watch the series. Despite playing on one leg CP3 was great vs the Rockets in that series. They lost because Crawford, Redick, Barnes, and Rivers were complete dog shit in the last 3 games of that series as I've pointed out before. Chris Paul could never have gotten out of the first round and he'd still be far superior to Lowry. Those Hornet teams wouldn't even have made the playoffs if you replaced Paul with Lowry.

ArbitraryWater
06-15-2019, 05:13 PM
Context.

Game 6 on the road. Back-to-back defending champions. Close out game in the finals. Lowry puts the team on his back for the first half of the game, ends up with 26/7/10 in a W.

Only comparable game I can think of for CP3 is game 7 against the Spurs in 2015 when he hit the game winner on one leg.

You could do the same damn shit for Paul and write something up, the only difference is Lowry's team was better and thus they were up, and his team won the game.

Thats it.

Its a nicer storyline. Not a better game.

Paul has many better games, '14 OKC game 1 comes to mind as well.

3ball
06-15-2019, 05:13 PM
No because if cp3 played with the optimal style of Kawhi instead of the ball-domination of Harden, cp3 would be a great 2nd/3rd option leader just like Lowry was

Young X
06-15-2019, 05:18 PM
Lowry's game 6 performance is more impressive than anything CP3 has done in his career. :lolHow do people post garbage like this?

Chris dropped 41 points with 10 assists and zero turnovers with 8 threes just last year in the playoffs. At age 33.

He dropped 32 points with 10 assists on 12-14 shooting with 2 turnovers in only 3 quarters against OKC. Made 8 threes. On the road.

His game 1 against the Lakers in 2011: 33 points, 14 assists, 7 boards, 4 steals, only 2 turnovers.

His game 4 against the Lakers in the same series: 27 points, 15 assists, 13 boards, 2 steals.

^ almost beat the Lakers by himself.

Now I remember there's a reason I stopped posting here.

ArbitraryWater
06-15-2019, 05:23 PM
How do people post garbage like this?

Chris dropped 41 points with 10 assists and zero turnovers with 8 threes just last year in the playoffs. At age 33.

He dropped 32 points with 10 assists on 12-14 shooting with 2 turnovers in only 3 quarters against OKC. Made 8 threes. On the road.

His game 1 against the Lakers in 2011: 33 points, 14 assists, 7 boards, 4 steals, only 2 turnovers.

His game 4 against the Lakers in the same series: 27 points, 15 assists, 13 boards, 2 steals.

the poster you are quoting has gone into complete trolling mode to counter being trashed a lot of late.

he will revert to some sensibility soon, i think.

HylianNightmare
06-15-2019, 05:26 PM
Easily

jlip
06-15-2019, 05:35 PM
all I know is kawhi took a scrub team according to most before this season and scrubbed this so called "dynasty" with his ass

:roll:

Huh? Who said that? They were the #1 seed in the East last season winning 59 games with a worse player than Kawhi as their best player. Then they improved their starting center position while trading for Gasol. They have averaged 56 wins over the past four seasons and more than likely only missed going to the Finals once or twice because they lost to a Lebron led team.

NBAGOAT
06-15-2019, 05:36 PM
How do people post garbage like this?

I mean lowrys had better games than he had last night haha, it is pretty ridiculous. People forget he had some insane games in 16 vs Mia and cle after a putrid series vs ind.

Paul basically put up 26/10 for a whole series vs Utah in 17. Unbelievable to almost win that series vs a nice Utah team when he has one teammate who played well offensively, dj(speights and Felton were competent but come on now). Ofc he lost and admittedly had a bad game 7 so no one cares