PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Davis is better than current Bran

Ca$H
06-16-2019, 11:43 AM
Bran is the clear number 2 option. If Kobe can't get credit for "sidekick" rings with Shaq then Bran shouldn't receive any credit either. Don't be hypocrites Bran stans.

BallsOut
06-16-2019, 11:46 AM
Water is wet.

Bimbo Coles
06-16-2019, 01:47 PM
Let me say this: There isn't a player today to whom LAbron takes a backseat. Not one.

elementally morale
06-16-2019, 01:53 PM
Actually there doesn't have to be a clear cut number one in this case. LeBron and AD compliment each other very well. It will depend on the matchup. AD doesn't need the ball so it's fine. Assuming Kuzma is not traded and they can add a defensive minded PG and a 3 and D type player at SG, this team is damn fine.

Shogon
06-16-2019, 02:00 PM
Actually there doesn't have to be a clear cut number one in this case. LeBron and AD compliment each other very well. It will depend on the matchup. AD doesn't need the ball so it's fine. Assuming Kuzma is not traded and they can add a defensive minded PG and a 3 and D type player at SG, this team is damn fine.

Patrick Beverly.
Malcolm Brogdon. (he's a RFA though)
Brook Lopez

These guys should be at the top of the list for the Lakers offseason, and if they're not, they're crazy.

elementally morale
06-16-2019, 02:12 PM
Patrick Beverly.
Malcolm Brogdon. (he's a RFA though)
Brook Lopez

These guys should be at the top of the list for the Lakers offseason, and if they're not, they're crazy.

Something like that. No more stars needed at this point. 2-3 years from now? Yes. At the moment they need shooting, defense and role players. I was not happy with LeBron coming to the Lakers but it is what it is. If you have LeBron you build for LeBron. You have to. The Lakers have a 2-3 year window to win 1 or 2 rings. But the only way to do it is little drama and complimentary players to the team they have now. Going for another star is a mistake. Instead the Lakers need 3-4 good role players. Last year I wanted Joe Harris but Danny Green would also help a lot. Just no more stars, please. Keeping Kuzma was a good move. Not just an on the court good move but as a locker room guy and he connects very well with the fans.

bison
06-16-2019, 02:14 PM
This might be the first time in brons 17 year career he isn’t the best player on his team :eek:

3ball
06-16-2019, 05:00 PM
Bran is the clear number 2 option

^^^ While this is true, lebron will be controlling all the action and getting fake props from the media as a "genius", while he holds the ball for 9 minutes a game and people start complaining that Kemba "isn't that good".. it's a joke

I guarantee that Lebron got drunk with his favorite wine on the day he found out that he'd be tossing dimes to AD, arguably the greatest play-finisher of all time (bron knows AD is perfect for his game and will make life SO easy for him on both ends)

Bron likely knew about this last year in 2018, which is why he left to LA.. there were a couple snags because Dell Demps had pride and didn't want to get booty ****ed by Rich Paul/Maverick Carter..... but then Lebron's old GM Griffin was installed manchurian style to execute the deal..

the rest is history including Rich Paul/Maverick Carter being a super-boss players... I give them major props, and i don't want to.. I give them props for this deal, but also making lebron's career so much better than it should've been... Firstly, their "decision" stacked the deck for lebron in a conference where Dwight Howard was dragging weak casts to the Finals - this ensured a strong cast in a conference where a strong cast wasn't needed to make the Finals..

Secondly, he started using various media members (Shannon Sharpe, Nick Wright, etc) to shill various false, convoluted narratives to boost lebron - stuff like 1-9, Finals comp, 55 wins, etc... Overall, it's an impressive plan that was executed to boost Lebron - lebron ain't goat but his handlers are

StrongLurk
06-16-2019, 05:03 PM
This could definitely be true next season.

AD rn is better than every superstar I can think of that is age 35.

elementally morale
06-16-2019, 05:29 PM
This could definitely be true next season.

AD rn is better than every superstar I can think of that is age 35.

How about Kareem at 35?

3ball
06-16-2019, 05:34 PM
AD rn is better than every superstar I can think of that is age 35

Past or present?

I think AD will get MVP this year, but will he get sweep all the MVP's (regular season, Finals, all-star) and be scoring champ with 1st team all-defense like 35-year old MJ in 1998?

Doubt it.. Only MJ has done that all in 1 season and he did it twice (96', 98').. so I'm guessing your "better than any 35-year old" comment was directed at current players.. in which case I agree.. :cheers:

Im so nba'd out
06-16-2019, 05:38 PM
Bran is the clear number 2 option. If Kobe can't get credit for "sidekick" rings with Shaq then Bran shouldn't receive any credit either. Don't be hypocrites Bran stans.
so you admit it

3>2

StrongLurk
06-16-2019, 08:53 PM
Past or present?

I think AD will get MVP this year, but will he get sweep all the MVP's (regular season, Finals, all-star) and be scoring champ with 1st team all-defense like 35-year old MJ in 1998?

Doubt it.. Only MJ has done that all in 1 season and he did it twice (96', 98').. so I'm guessing your "better than any 35-year old" comment was directed at current players.. in which case I agree.. :cheers:

That was a weaker era, doesn't get weaker than 94-99 in the modern era. I would take AD over 35 year old MJ.

MJ was still great at that time, but I know you'll simply disagree with AD being better.

However...you did just make a thread saying AD would win MVP...so you'll be juggling even more agendas as a pathetic troll.

Kingwillball
06-16-2019, 08:55 PM
Lol at people saying bran is #2 option..wtf r u smoking?

StrongLurk
06-16-2019, 09:44 PM
Lol at people saying bran is #2 option..wtf r u smoking?

They are going to be 1a/1b clearly...Bron aint at his peak anymore so him and AD are on equal footing...

That's not an insult to Bron by the way...the dude is heading into season 17 and literally just had his most injury filled season ever.

egokiller
06-16-2019, 09:52 PM
Lebron is just going to have to do to AD what Shaq did to Kobe. That is take a backseat to Kobe during their 3 title runs and understand that Kobe was the first option. :pimp:

3ball
06-16-2019, 10:05 PM
That was a weaker era, doesn't get weaker than 94-99 in the modern era.

In 1998, MJ was MVP over 5 of the best players that lebron ever faced, who were all-stars that year - Shaq, Duncan, Garnett, Kobe, Kidd.. he also won all-star MVP, Finals MVP, scoring champ and 1st team all-defense over these guys.

MJ simply faced better players - Shaq, Hakeem, Robinson, Malone, Grant Hill, and Penny would all be top 10 talents in today's game.

So there's zero basis for weak era argument, especially when you look at the stats and rules - pace and DRtg were low back then, whereas DRtg set record highs for each of the last 3 years and pace is much higher than the 90's too..

It's also common knowledge that it's much easier to score for perimeter players today due to spacing, hands-off defense, and freedom of movement mandates

So when you say the 90's is weak - it's based on the same thing as saying the sky is pink - nothing

Smoke117
06-16-2019, 10:08 PM
I'd say it wil be a 1a and 1b connection, but okay, if it makes you obsessive Bran haters glad then he can be the 2b?