PDA

View Full Version : Boston choosing to sit on their pile of assets has destroyed their team

BallsOut
06-16-2019, 09:37 PM
Rozier and Brown whose value have plummeted this season, could've been traded for Jimmy Butler a year ago.

Could've gambled and dealt Tatum, whose value has also plummeted after a disappointing sophomore season, for Davis last season for a title run. If it worked out, maybe they could have had Kyrie and Davis for the long haul.

Rozier will now demand a high payday he's not worth from the Celtics.
Kyrie is gone.
Horford wants out.
Celtics stuck with the corpse of Hayward.
Probably have to overpay Morris to keep him.

Boston Celtics got greedy with their assets. Instead of cashing in, they sat on them and now the value of those assets couldn't be any lower, as is the reputation of the Celtics franchise when it comes to landing notable free agents and keeping them.

Mask the Embiid
06-16-2019, 09:40 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/YawXAa6tiCxfa/giphy.gif

https://i.postimg.cc/ZK1vwbd2/JY0nM9w.gif

RealSkipBayless
06-16-2019, 09:48 PM
Rozier and Brown whose value have plummeted this season, could've been traded for Jimmy Butler a year ago.

Could've gambled and dealt Tatum, whose value has also plummeted after a disappointing sophomore season, for Davis last season for a title run. If it worked out, maybe they could have had Kyrie and Davis for the long haul.

Kyrie is gone.
Horford wants out.

Boston Celtics got greedy with their assets. Instead of cashing in, they sat on them and now the value of those assets couldn't be any lower, as is the reputation of the Celtics franchise when it comes to landing notable free agents and keeping them.
Ainge refuses to take any risks at all. It's actually hilarious reading the Celtics reddit of them damage controlling the AD situation. "Ainge drove up the Lakers price for AD!!! haha!". Like LMAO. Lakers get a generation talent to build around for 5 years minimum. Celtics have ONE good thing from all the assets they got and that's Tatum. Rozier is gone, Kyrie gone, Brown is getting paid next summer. They missed out from the past couple seasons of players demanding trades and now this top tier free agent market.

Boston overplayed their hand. Now all they can cling to is watching young guns play for the next decade. :lol

The Celtics are done.

qrich
06-16-2019, 09:51 PM
Yeah, Ainge ****ed up.

90sgoat
06-16-2019, 10:05 PM
Greed is a cardinal sin.

The irishman learned some bad habits from hanging out with covetous NBA owners.

Wally450
06-16-2019, 10:29 PM
This ***** said Horford wants out.

You lost all credibility with that statement. :roll:

Wally450
06-16-2019, 10:39 PM
Ainge refuses to take any risks at all.

This is just wrong.

Lets go back to 2007. He traded for an aging PF near the end of his prime. Got a legit SG in another trade and won 66 games and an NBA championship.

Got that same core with some different role players to the Finals 2 years later. He took a risk at a 3 year window and got a championship out of it and a couple minutes and an injury away from a second one.

He took a risk in trading for an undersized PG who ended up scoring 30 PPG two seasons later and getting to the ECF.

After said PG averaged 30 PPG and then got hurt, he traded him for Kyrie Irving without even getting a verbal agreement about an extension. Again, looking at a 2 year window. Did it work out? Some would say yes, some would say no. But he took the gamble on Kyrie anyways.

To say he never takes risks at all is asinine. Just because he refuses to trade for AD when it's been clear he isn't going to resign, per his agent, there's no reason to waste all your assets for a clear rental. Especially now that that risk you took 2 years ago is walking out the door.

I'd rather sit and build through the draft and make a small trade or two with a draft pick and get the guy that fits the system more than a guy who tunnel vision on LA.

And who's to say the Lakers are going to be that great this season? They currently have a lot of holes to fill.

Vino24
06-16-2019, 10:42 PM
Ya'll are stupid as fvck. Ainge is not going to go all in on non chip type players (George, Butler)

brooks_thompson
06-16-2019, 10:49 PM
Ya'll are stupid as fvck. Ainge is not going to go all in on non chip type players (George, Butler)

What do you call Hayward? I still feel like that's his biggest mistake EVEN IF Hayward was completely healthy and played 160 games the last two years. That whole free agency courting ceremony reeked of Ainge feeling himself for landing Horford the year before, thus trying to poach another team's talent again with Hayward just because he could.

That said, at least he didn't draft Fultz.

All in all, I like Ainge. Just think the Hayward thing was jumping the gun since he knew Isiah was injured badly and didn't have Kyrie yet. Oh, and already had two promising back-to-back number 3 pick SFs.

RealSkipBayless
06-16-2019, 11:01 PM
This is just wrong.

Lets go back to 2007. He traded for an aging PF near the end of his prime. Got a legit SG in another trade and won 66 games and an NBA championship.

Got that same core with some different role players to the Finals 2 years later. He took a risk at a 3 year window and got a championship out of it and a couple minutes and an injury away from a second one.

He took a risk in trading for an undersized PG who ended up scoring 30 PPG two seasons later and getting to the ECF.

After said PG averaged 30 PPG and then got hurt, he traded him for Kyrie Irving without even getting a verbal agreement about an extension. Again, looking at a 2 year window. Did it work out? Some would say yes, some would say no. But he took the gamble on Kyrie anyways.

To say he never takes risks at all is asinine. Just because he refuses to trade for AD when it's been clear he isn't going to resign, per his agent, there's no reason to waste all your assets for a clear rental. Especially now that that risk you took 2 years ago is walking out the door.

I'd rather sit and build through the draft and make a small trade or two with a draft pick and get the guy that fits the system more than a guy who tunnel vision on LA.

And who's to say the Lakers are going to be that great this season? They currently have a lot of holes to fill.
Most of these aren't even risks. :lol. Trading for IT and Kyrie, what exactly did they lose out on? A couple of decent 1sts? You know what an actual gamble would be? Giving up a decent piece for something uncertain. Like Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Jimmy Butler or Anthony Davis.

Seeing this many big names moving around is not a common thing. Boston is missing this free agency. The best signing people are talking about for them is Julius Randle. It's over. Who is enticing in the 2020 FA class? Drummond? Demar? Whiteside?

Tatum is all they really got after all the dust has settled. Ah yes build through the draft and hope Tatum takes off after a huge slump. I guess its all Boston can do. :confusedshrug:

Edit: Nick Wright criticized and prophesied this YEARS ago. https://youtu.be/PcgaqhVBjZw?t=488

Vino24
06-16-2019, 11:05 PM
Boston bout to lose Horford and Kyrie and still make the finals :pimp:

Jay-B
06-16-2019, 11:38 PM
No not really, this was a great team a year ago. Kyrie being and acting like a str8 bitch is what destroyed the Celtics

MrFonzworth
06-16-2019, 11:50 PM
He got unlucky with the Hayward injury. Him coming back a shell of his former self but still needing touches because he's paid like a superstar is part of what ruined their team.

Though they're probably losing Irving for nothing, they sttill have Tatum to build around and a natural leader in Horford to teach the youngings what it is to be an NBA player.

MrFonzworth
06-16-2019, 11:52 PM
Didnt realize Horford is gone. What a shit GM Ainge is:yaohappy:

AirTupac
06-17-2019, 01:00 AM
I told yall Danny was overrated as fk 3 years ago. You stupid retards

RealSkipBayless
06-17-2019, 03:06 PM
Big FACTS :roll: :roll:

https://twitter.com/LakerFilmRoom/status/1140650121769541632

Haymaker
06-17-2019, 03:15 PM
Danny is good at fleecing other teams, but he's way too conservative to pull off what Masai did. So many picks hoarded and they're mostly worthless at this point. :oldlol:

DMAVS41
06-17-2019, 03:22 PM
They'll be fine ultimately because Kyrie wasn't the right player, but they should have seen the writing on the wall and moved Kyrie last summer after the young players proved so much without him.

They lost out on key assets because Ainge couldn't see it.

But, free gambling advice, bet the over on the win total for the Celtics next year.

AirTupac
06-17-2019, 03:27 PM
- Fleeced the Nets only for the Nets to become a better team than Boston
- Waste all picks
- Could have moved players for an actual star. Couldnt pull the trigger
- Bout to lose Horford and Irving
- Signed Hayward to a cancer contract

Great GM retards

Manny98
06-18-2019, 07:49 PM
- Fleeced the Nets only for the Nets to become a better team than Boston
- Waste all picks
- Could have moved players for an actual star. Couldnt pull the trigger
- Bout to lose Horford and Irving
- Signed Hayward to a cancer contract

Great GM retards
:roll: :roll: :roll:

DMAVS41
06-18-2019, 07:59 PM
They'll be fine ultimately because Kyrie wasn't the right player, but they should have seen the writing on the wall and moved Kyrie last summer after the young players proved so much without him.

They lost out on key assets because Ainge couldn't see it.

But, free gambling advice, bet the over on the win total for the Celtics next year.

Nevermind, Horford is gone as well.

:eek:

BallsOut
06-19-2019, 03:39 PM
This ***** said Horford wants out.

You lost all credibility with that statement. :roll:

Eat crow, bitch.

MaxFly
06-19-2019, 03:42 PM

Kyrie is gone.
Horford wants out.

I was saying this to someone just the other day. Sigh...

ronniec
06-19-2019, 03:53 PM
How much money Celtics free up, after Kyrie and Horford are gone?

Good enough to sign one big name, lucky to get two.

So what is the problem?

Kyrie doesn't fit with the young players, Horford is getting older and slower.
Don't get me wrong, they were good, but are they irreplaceable?
Get a couple of good players they probably could get similar stats and numbers.

If Kyrie doesn't fit, then it is good to get rid because it helps the team chemistry.

I don't expect the new players can actually replicate the numbers of Kyrie and Horford, BUT, to go through all these and be the real contender, the young players have to step up their game. Tatum, Brown etc. They are capable to compensate if getting more minutes and responsibility.
Say whatever you like, the return of Kyrie and Hayward really disrupted the chemistry of this team, especially they young players got into the ECF without them.

We have salary cap and money, we have the picks, the young core group is still here... we are still in a very good position.

Bull$hit is always bull$hit... because some talked $hit on us doesn't mean we really are.

Haters could just FVCK OFF

bigkingsfan
06-19-2019, 04:03 PM

So what is the problem?

Ending up with nothing.

DMAVS41
06-19-2019, 04:16 PM
How much money Celtics free up, after Kyrie and Horford are gone?

So what is the problem?

Kyrie doesn't fit with the young players, Horford is getting older and slower.
Don't get me wrong, they were good, but are they irreplaceable?
Get a couple of good players they probably could get similar stats and numbers.

If Kyrie doesn't fit, then it is good to get rid because it helps the team chemistry.

I don't expect the new players can actually replicate the numbers of Kyrie and Horford, BUT, to go through all these and be the real contender, the young players have to step up their game. Tatum, Brown etc. They are capable to compensate if getting more minutes and responsibility.
Say whatever you like, the return of Kyrie and Hayward really disrupted the chemistry of this team, especially they young players got into the ECF without them.

We have salary cap and money, we have the picks, the young core group is still here... we are still in a very good position.

Bull$hit is always bull$hit... because some talked $hit on us doesn't mean we really are.

Haters could just FVCK OFF

Yea, but losing Kyrie for nothing when a clear path was there to trade him as a huge mistake....

They'll be fine, but pretending this wasn't a huge setback is silly.

The whole purpose of this team sitting and waiting was to get AD...and you guys lost out to the worst franchise to lose out to if you are the Celtics.

ronniec
06-19-2019, 04:41 PM
Ending up with nothing.

How do you know?

Transfer window had already closed? Or not yet opened?

ronniec
06-19-2019, 04:48 PM
Yea, but losing Kyrie for nothing when a clear path was there to trade him as a huge mistake....

They'll be fine, but pretending this wasn't a huge setback is silly.

The whole purpose of this team sitting and waiting was to get AD...and you guys lost out to the worst franchise to lose out to if you are the Celtics.

Set back, absolutely yes, but they are not a rebuilding team either.

People keep saying Ainge should get AD, but keep in mind that, AD never said he wanted to come here. That is the biggest problem.

It is hindsight to say, Ainge was stupid not trade away assets (Tatum/picks) to get AD, but sacrificing too much to get AD's one year service was likely to be happened also.
If the trade happened and AD not resign, people would still single out Ainge for sacrificing too much.
The trade never happened, but it could end up Celtics giving up Tatum/Brown/picks, but AD, Kyrie and Horford leaving after the season.
What is left for the Celtics? Nothing.

That was the risk that Ainge could not take, and I totally understand that.

Who would think, Kyrie was just a snake and lied to the club/fans that he would stay but end up leaving?

Wally450
06-19-2019, 04:54 PM
Eat crow, bitch.

Here I am homeboy. Eating my crow. At least I can admit and and show up unlike some people. :lol

PP34Deuce
06-19-2019, 04:59 PM
The celtics aren't a desired place to play. You can have all that cap space and players don't want to play there.

For Horford to leave really brings their struggle to bring free agents to Boston. Everything they've done has been through the draft and smart trades.

bigkingsfan
06-19-2019, 05:01 PM
How do you know?

Transfer window had already closed? Or not yet opened?
Who do you think they will target? Horford and Kyrie leaving brings a bad vibe for FA.

ronniec
06-19-2019, 05:10 PM
Who do you think they will target? Horford and Kyrie leaving brings a bad vibe for FA.

Lakers are not going to win anything but there are still players like to go there, and team up with ball hog Lebron. There is no reason Celtics can't sign some good FA, and make some trades.

Heard that they are working to get the 4th pick... be honest, I don't know.
Even Horford stay, I think they were really thin in the middle since day 1, and need some big bodies.

DMAVS41
06-19-2019, 05:25 PM
Set back, absolutely yes, but they are not a rebuilding team either.

People keep saying Ainge should get AD, but keep in mind that, AD never said he wanted to come here. That is the biggest problem.

It is hindsight to say, Ainge was stupid not trade away assets (Tatum/picks) to get AD, but sacrificing too much to get AD's one year service was likely to be happened also.
If the trade happened and AD not resign, people would still single out Ainge for sacrificing too much.
The trade never happened, but it could end up Celtics giving up Tatum/Brown/picks, but AD, Kyrie and Horford leaving after the season.
What is left for the Celtics? Nothing.

That was the risk that Ainge could not take, and I totally understand that.

Who would think, Kyrie was just a snake and lied to the club/fans that he would stay but end up leaving?

Plenty of people.

That is my point...pretending to caught off guard by Kyrie just bouncing is silly. Writing was on the wall for a long time...and, of course, signing him given his history to a monster contract never really made a ton of sense given his fit anyway.

I agree they aren't rebuilding, but Kyrie is a real asset that they got nothing for...

Also, I'm not arguing that they should have traded for AD...I'm saying that was the plan...and they missed out on George and Leonard...and just building the team organically...etc.

It is a real setback. Not a killer, but a real one...should just come to terms with it.

RealSkipBayless
06-19-2019, 05:31 PM
Celtics fans still damage controlling.

Keep treading water and never actually contending. These nikkas like rebuilding so much they sat on their assets to continue being a

Wally450
06-19-2019, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=RealSkipBayless]Celtics fans still damage controlling.

Keep treading water and never actually contending. These nikkas like rebuilding so much they sat on their assets to continue being a

PP34Deuce
06-19-2019, 05:46 PM
The underrated thing with Boston is that Ainge sat on his assets trying to wait out Lebron. Other teams in the east were making bolder moves..... bit him in the butt.

You have cap space yet no one of high impact wants to go there.

Rozier is Reggie Jackson. A great 6th man who should never be leading your team long term.

Tatum has age on his side. If he can be a 25ppg scorer with all around game, then Boston has an enticing piece.

But until then, they have a bunch of mid young (24-26 year old) guys that want to get paid in 2 years.

ronniec
06-19-2019, 05:55 PM
[/B]

Plenty of people.

That is my point...pretending to caught off guard by Kyrie just bouncing is silly. Writing was on the wall for a long time...and, of course, signing him given his history to a monster contract never really made a ton of sense given his fit anyway.

I agree they aren't rebuilding, but Kyrie is a real asset that they got nothing for...

Also, I'm not arguing that they should have traded for AD...I'm saying that was the plan...and they missed out on George and Leonard...and just building the team organically...etc.

It is a real setback. Not a killer, but a real one...should just come to terms with it.

Kyrie was just a rental, he could leave if he wanted to, which he did.
He was not really an "asset".

Trading him for AD was the same scenario, to "rent" AD for a year and he could walk away. Boston was never AD's desired destination, keep in mind. Another risky move, but Celtics did not fell for it.

Since Kyrie could leave as a FA, who would give up big to get his one-season service?

Be realistic, nobody would do that.
Multiple draft picks, and/or salary that match, nobody would do that.

I don't see how "not trading" Kyrie was stupid.
The club did want him to stay (and he said so), but before signing the extension, he was NEVER an asset and no club would give up big to trade for him.

I do agree that, missing out George and Leonard hurts.

The only stupid thing that Celtics did, was Stevens persisted with Hayward for way too long. He had too many minutes and that affected Tatum and Brown very much.