PDA

View Full Version : Explosive Details on why Chris Paul hated Harden and vice versa

LukeWalton
06-17-2019, 06:23 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2841466-rockets-rumors-most-explosive-details-on-james-harden-chris-pauls-friction

more explosive than my diarrhea

[QUOTE]the root causes of tension between Harden and Paul are "differences in preferred playing styles and personality," team sources told MacMahon. Harden, for instance, thrives in isolation. But as Paul has aged, he prefers to run set plays, unable to athletically beat players one-on-one with as much consistency as in the past.

"Chris wants to coach James," a source said. "James looks at him like, 'You can't even beat your man. Just shut up and watch me.'"

The on-court tension reportedly got to the point that Paul "cherishes the chance to play without Harden on the floor" and "barked at [Mike] D'Antoni to keep Harden on the bench while he was running the second unit."

Paul was also reportedly "frustrated by what he perceived as Harden's tendency to ignore unglamorous details that impact winning

Manny98
06-17-2019, 06:32 PM
Chris has had enough of Frauden ball i don't blame him

Smoke117
06-17-2019, 06:36 PM
Watching Harden dribble around and chuck up 10 step back 3pters a game can't be very much fun.

FKAri
06-17-2019, 06:48 PM
Seems like Harden's too easy going while CP wants to win at all costs. Nothing new there.

raprap
06-17-2019, 06:55 PM
Is a buyout possible for CP3? Can the Lakers/LeGod get him?

Spurs m8
06-17-2019, 07:20 PM
They deserve each other, its glorious

PP34Deuce
06-17-2019, 07:58 PM
Sounds like Paul is trying to force an amnesty so he can go to Lakers or another competitive team.

AAU culture.

brownmamba00
06-17-2019, 08:02 PM
Guess that means no more state farm commercials for Harden

PeroAntic
06-17-2019, 08:08 PM
This. That moron CP3 wanted to play with Harden, you reap what you sow. I dont understand how anyone would like to play with Harden.

Vragrant
06-17-2019, 08:18 PM
Even though I despise Paul he has a legit gripe. Harden is one of the laziest players I've ever seen. The fact he refuses to work off ball shows how selfish he is.

90sgoat
06-17-2019, 08:20 PM
Now I really want Paul to join Lebron on Lakers :roll:

NBASTATMAN
06-17-2019, 08:29 PM
Now I really want Paul to join Lebron on Lakers :roll:

that would a disaster for the Lakers

Grey Dawn
06-17-2019, 08:32 PM
Two jackass losers...

Marchesk
06-17-2019, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE]Paul was also reportedly "frustrated by what he perceived as Harden's tendency to ignore unglamorous details that impact winning

1987_Lakers
06-17-2019, 08:41 PM
If CP3 was in his prime he would have a legitimate point, but his old ass shouldn't complain about anything at this point of his career, Harden is the main dog on that team and ISO Harden is their most effective offense.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-17-2019, 08:42 PM
One problem with Paul is that...he doesn't have the cache to go at Harden. Someone whose actually been to the finals.

I don't like Harden's game. I don't like D'Antoni's offense. But I really don't like Paul's whiny personality and unrealistic expectations. ESPECIALLY in that system.

With GSW likely being a non-contender? Houston may have another shot @ a finals. An outside chance with Lebron/AD's Lakers but they're probably next in line. Going to need the right coach though. Harden will have to sacrifice some of his offense for defense. Maybe get Paul to handle the rock a bit more even at his age.

If they "hate" one another? Move Paul. Still think it could be salvaged though.

Jay-B
06-17-2019, 09:03 PM
Wasn

warriorfan
06-17-2019, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=Jay-B]Wasn

The Iron Fist
06-17-2019, 09:06 PM
:cheers: All time flop goats.

RealSkipBayless
06-17-2019, 09:15 PM
Cp3 is in the right here. Harden has been criticized by greats for acting disinterested and not engaged when the ball isn't in his hand on offense.

Despite being a flopper and failing with the Clippers due to unlucky circumstances he still has more respect in this league than Harden. Cp3 is known for almost beating the Lakers by himself as a member of the Hornets. While Harden is known as a regular season wonder/ massive choke artist which has not changed since his arguably all time worst choke job in 2012.

Cp3 saw success when Harden was on the bench. Harden's same tired arsenal doesn't work and never will in the playoffs. Step back 3, floater, dive into contact for foul calls.

NBAGOAT
06-17-2019, 09:24 PM
Too bad the 18 team was really good. This isn’t surprising that they view the game differently however. The fit isn’t very good and the rockets excelled in 18 because Paul or harden were playing every minute and they actually only played like 18mpg together however. Cp3 functionally was like a 6th man who plays 30mpg and finishes the game but plays more with 2nd units. just a fantastic one however.

I think it’s salvageable however and there’s a title chance. Even with their flaws capela and Gordon are good help along with a great role player in tucker. La obviously has a better and better fitting duo but they haven’t rounded out their roster and it’s their first yr, it’s not a guarantee lakers are coming out. den matches up badly vs hou, completely threw the end of the season to avoid them. Gs is really only a threat unless klays back by the playoffs and they make some good signings with the injury exception.

The 3 east contenders are admittedly a challenge but not one seems all time great lvl. I wouldn’t favor hou right now over then but they’re beatable.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-17-2019, 09:30 PM
Too bad the 18 team was really good. This isn’t surprising that they view the game differently however. The fit isn’t very good and the rockets excelled in 18 because Paul or harden were playing every minute and they actually only played like 18mpg together however. Cp3 functionally was like a 6th man who plays 30mpg and finishes the game but plays more with 2nd units. just a fantastic one however.

I think it’s salvageable however and there’s a title chance. Even with their flaws capela and Gordon are good help along with a great role player in tucker. La obviously has a better and better fitting duo but they haven’t rounded out their roster and it’s their first yr, it’s not a guarantee lakers are coming out. den matches up badly vs hou, completely threw the end of the season to avoid them. Gs is really only a threat unless klays back by the playoffs and they make some good signings with the injury exception.

The 3 east contenders are admittedly a challenge but not one seems all time great lvl. I wouldn’t favor hou right now over then but they’re beatable.

I don't think D'Antoni is the right coach.

If they're going ALL out next year? Yeah. I just don't think Houston maxes out with him. They probably already did in 18 as you pointed out.

They haven't given D'Antoni an extension though. Are there ANY coaches available who'd get the best (whatever that is now) from this duo?

wagexslave
06-17-2019, 09:32 PM
They probably got into an argument over which one was the worst flopper of all time. :oldlol:

https://i.imgur.com/d1O167C.gif
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8023/7188374507_25ce9668a0_o.gif

Wally450
06-17-2019, 09:32 PM
Harden >>> Paul

NBAGOAT
06-17-2019, 09:54 PM
I don't think D'Antoni is the right coach.

If they're going ALL out next year? Yeah. I just don't think Houston maxes out with him. They probably already did in 18 as you pointed out.

They haven't given D'Antoni an extension though. Are there ANY coaches available who'd get the best (whatever that is now) from this duo?

Not at all imo you

SamuraiSWISH
06-17-2019, 09:55 PM
One problem with Paul is that...he doesn't have the cache to go at Harden. Someone whose actually been to the finals.

I don't like Harden's game. I don't like D'Antoni's offense. But I really don't like Paul's whiny personality and unrealistic expectations. ESPECIALLY in that system.

With GSW likely being a non-contender? Houston may have another shot @ a finals. An outside chance with Lebron/AD's Lakers but they're probably next in line. Going to need the right coach though. Harden will have to sacrifice some of his offense for defense. Maybe get Paul to handle the rock a bit more even at his age.

If they "hate" one another? Move Paul. Still think it could be salvaged though.
100% Agreed

90sgoat
06-17-2019, 09:58 PM
Chris Paul doesn't seem to be able to get along with anyone.

His teams always collapse, though I do feel for him having to play with losers like Deandre Jordan. Having seen Deandre Jordan sabotage another PG phenom in Luka, I have gained new respect for CP3.

egokiller
06-17-2019, 10:04 PM
This. That moron CP3 wanted to play with Harden, you reap what you sow. I dont understand how anyone would like to play with Harden.

Anyone can look at harden

Proctor
06-17-2019, 11:08 PM
Rest in piss and stay ringless, losers. Love watching CP0 and Harden get bounced every year.

iamgine
06-17-2019, 11:20 PM
CP has a legit gripe here though. How can Harden claim he wants to win that badly if he's not even willing to move off the ball? CP getting old and getting worse is not a legit reason not to help the team by moving off the ball.

NBAGOAT
06-18-2019, 01:37 AM
I

LoneyROY7
06-18-2019, 02:22 AM
'You can't even beat your man.'

Truth hurts.

Andrei89
06-18-2019, 06:28 AM
If CP3 was in his prime he would have a legitimate point, but his old ass shouldn't complain about anything at this point of his career, Harden is the main dog on that team and ISO Harden is their most effective offense.

If Paul stays healthy last year they win it all.

He carried scrub Harden against the GSW.

ArbitraryWater
06-18-2019, 06:33 AM
why is this stuff cited like its a direct quote?

:biggums:

what kind of journalism is this?

Harden never actually said 'You can't even beat your man. Just shut up and watch me.'

:wtf:

RoseCity07
06-18-2019, 06:39 AM
We already knew Harden is a loser. Where is the news?

Meticode
06-18-2019, 06:47 AM
Even though I despise Paul he has a legit gripe. Harden is one of the laziest players I've ever seen. The fact he refuses to work off ball shows how selfish he is.
Yes, but Paul knew this when he wanted to go to Houston.

LAVAR BALL
06-18-2019, 07:43 AM
CP3 digging tunnels and secret corridors in Toyota Center as we speak, getting ready for his next visit as an opponent

FireDavidKahn
06-18-2019, 08:01 AM
Gotta agree with CP3, as much as I hate him:oldlol:

DMAVS41
06-18-2019, 09:46 AM
Gotta agree with CP3, as much as I hate him:oldlol:

CP3 sounds like one of the worst teammates one could have. Right or wrong, dude rubs people the wrong way seemingly constantly.

Meh, I don't know...if Paul doesn't get hurt...Rockets probably have a banner in 18. I hate the style as well, but it works pretty damn well. Certainly in 18 with the team they had...it was optimal.

Last year is hard to know.

UK2K
06-18-2019, 09:49 AM
This is the most overblown story I've read in quite some time.