PDA

View Full Version : Shaq Nearly CHOKE-SLAMS A Lebron Stan on National Television Defending Kobe & MJ

34-24 Footwork
06-18-2019, 03:55 PM
Cliff Notes from Shaq:

"Whoever is paying you to say all this stuff, I'll pay you double to stop it." :lol

"How did he skip Kobe like that?"

"What's Lebron's finals record"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tfv-3QWGi0

https://media.giphy.com/media/AAsj7jdrHjtp6/giphy.gif

ArbitraryWater
06-18-2019, 04:00 PM
lol, damn, didnt know Hollins is a G

another one for LeBron as GOAT

lol at how quickly Kobe was skipped even though Shaq tried to involve him

paksat
06-18-2019, 04:01 PM
or are we playing in this little cupcake era?

fcking lolllllllllllllllllllll manny98 go find a seat and then fall off of it

shaq just ended everybody

Spurs m8
06-18-2019, 04:10 PM
Fvck....its cringe enough here...but seeing that shit on TV hahahhahhah

God how God damn embarrassing

3ball
06-18-2019, 04:14 PM
Cliff Notes from Shaq:

"Whoever is paying you to say all this stuff, I'll pay you double to stop it." :lol

And that's the key - someone IS paying these guys to say this stuff

Rich Paul/Maverick Carter are paying him, and probably paying Shannon Sharpe, Nick Wright, and maybe even broussard..

these guys literally argue that winning conference finals > winning Finals.... That's absurd enough on its face, but it's especially absurd considering the "decision" stacked the deck in a conference where Dwight Howard was dragging weak casts to the Finals - they created a superstar cast in a conference where a strong cast wasn't needed to make the Finals, because lebron couldn't make the Finals in 09/10 with favored 1 seeds..

they're basically professional liars and I'm glad Shaq called him out on his bullshit

Kidbasketball20
06-18-2019, 04:22 PM

what a loser you are

34-24 Footwork
06-18-2019, 04:25 PM
And that's the key - someone IS paying these guys to say this stuff

Rich Paul/Maverick Carter are paying him, and probably paying Shannon Sharpe, Nick Wright, and maybe even broussard..

these guys literally argue that winning conference finals > winning Finals.... That's absurd enough on its face, but it's especially absurd considering the "decision" stacked the deck in a conference where Dwight Howard was dragging weak casts to the Finals - they created a superstar cast in a conference where a strong cast wasn't needed to make the Finals, because lebron couldn't make the Finals in 09/10 with favored 1 seeds..

they're basically professional liars and I'm glad Shaq called him out on his bullshit

I think Nick Wright is just a SERIOUS stan (RRR3/Silk/Benkali level).

The other guys definitely are getting some type of favors...rather access, invites to more parties, or something. They literally admit on t.v. that they hung out with LeBron a night prior to the show. Lol. It's more obvious on Fox Sports- they all have the same talking points.

Patrick Chewing
06-18-2019, 04:25 PM
Lebron stans are extremely low-IQ.

Doranku
06-18-2019, 04:27 PM
Who the hell invited Ryan Hollins' scrub ass to be on the show? :lol

LAmbruh
06-18-2019, 04:34 PM
damn, Ryan Hollins got these Kobe stans shook :oldlol:

easy work :applause:

bullettooth
06-18-2019, 05:10 PM
How did Wheels make it to national television?

dazzer87
06-18-2019, 05:45 PM
cupcake era................sooooo true......... :roll: :lol

Mr. Jabbar
06-18-2019, 05:50 PM
imagine if Shaq actually liked kobe lol!!

bran stans in deep trouble :lol :lol

90sgoat
06-18-2019, 05:52 PM
I can't listen to these morons like Hollins, Stephen A, Shannon Sharpe, Bill Simmons, that white rapper dude etc.

Absolutely awful.

The only excuse to listen to these rertards is if you're 12 years old and your brain is not fully developed.

SamuraiSWISH
06-18-2019, 06:20 PM
Bro, the Warriors with a healthy Kevin Durant struggled with Leonard and the Spurs in 2017.

What are they going to do when there’s 2 to 3 defenders on the court just as good or better than Leonard? IE Pippen (same level or better as Leonard) and Jordan (same level or better as Leonard) and Rodman (same level or better as Draymond) ...

And arguably Harper is just as good if not better than Klay is defensively. Stop it. Even in this era’s rules. Stop it.

ArbitraryWater
06-18-2019, 06:21 PM
MJ stans fuming over Hollins

Max Kellerman actually said MJ's Bulls would beat the KD Warriors, lol.

Manny98
06-18-2019, 06:23 PM
Shaq got destroyed :oldlol:

bullettooth
06-18-2019, 06:26 PM
Shaq got destroyed :oldlol:

MJ stans fuming over Hollins

Max Kellerman actually said MJ's Bulls would beat the KD Warriors, lol.

Wheels in typical fashion stays delusional.

1987_Lakers
06-18-2019, 06:28 PM
Bro, the Warriors with a healthy Kevin Durant struggled with Leonard and the Spurs in 2017.

What are they going to do when there’s 2 to 3 defenders on the court just as good or better than Leonard? IE Pippen (same level or better as Leonard) and Jordan (same level or better as Leonard) and Rodman (same level or better as Draymond) ...

And arguably Harper is just as good if not better than Klay is defensively. Stop it. Even in this era’s rules. Stop it.
:roll:

'96 Rodman & Jordan just as good as Leonard on the defensive end? :roll:

Bulls would get run out of the building.

RealSkipBayless
06-18-2019, 06:28 PM
You know its bad when the comments on the video change from complaining about Molly to SHITTING on this Hollins clown.

Poetry
06-18-2019, 06:32 PM
He posted this on Twitter for Shaq.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9W6M_JXoAATpdw.jpg

SamuraiSWISH
06-18-2019, 06:34 PM

Easily.

Jordan and Pippen and Rodman were all first team defense in 1996.

Jordan was an amazing defender at that time. Leonard this year wasn’t as good as 92 to 98 Pippen. Scottie is still a better on ball defender, and a better help defender.

Leonard is awesome, best two way player in the game, but his DPOY came in seasons and a league where next to no one even plays defense.

They just lost to a Toronto Raptor team after their best player, the next best players were Siakum, Lowry, Van Fleet, and Ibaka? :oldlol: GTFO

NBAGOAT
06-18-2019, 06:34 PM

okay posting the 16 cavs is admittedly ridiculous but kind of hilarious trolling. Without them and putting in like the celtics it's fine however

1987_Lakers
06-18-2019, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Easily.

Jordan was an amazing defender at that time. Leonard this year wasn

1987_Lakers
06-18-2019, 06:38 PM

That's actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be, 2016 Cavs at #2 is a bit much though.

NBAGOAT
06-18-2019, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Easily.

Jordan was an amazing defender at that time. Leonard this year wasn

bullettooth
06-18-2019, 06:41 PM

LOL @ 2016 Cavs

:lol :lol

Manny98
06-18-2019, 06:42 PM

Swap the 2013 Heat with the 01 Lakers and that's pretty much my list :applause:

Manny98
06-18-2019, 06:43 PM
LOL @ 2016 Cavs

They beat a 73 win team

bigkingsfan
06-18-2019, 06:49 PM
Ryan Hollins is a former player, who am I to disagree.

90sgoat
06-18-2019, 06:54 PM
They beat a 73 win team

No, the NBA rigged them to win.

Sarcastic
06-18-2019, 06:55 PM
Ryan Hollins is a former player, who am I to disagree.

So Shaq is what? A wrestler?

SouBeachTalents
06-18-2019, 06:57 PM

Dude's gotta be trolling with that :lol

bigkingsfan
06-18-2019, 06:59 PM
So Shaq is what? A wrestler?
Ryan Hollins is the latter player. Plus he seems unbiased. :cheers:

paksat
06-18-2019, 07:10 PM
You know its bad when the comments on the video change from complaining about Molly to SHITTING on this Hollins clown.

did you see her face when hollins said the warriors would win in any era?

lol you know you're a fool when some broad has to turn her face because she's about to laugh at how stupid it is

RRR3
06-18-2019, 07:10 PM
did you see her face when hollins said the warriors would win in any era?

lol you know you're a fool when some broad has to turn her face because she's about to laugh at how stupid it is
Name an era they wouldn’t win in.

Also lol at your “OLD SKEWL” sexism.

It’s 2019, pops. Women can have opinions about shit.

paksat
06-18-2019, 07:19 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Name an era they wouldn

SouBeachTalents
06-18-2019, 07:26 PM
sexism? bhahaha :lol

explain that one now son

it's well known most of the viewers HATE the girl, I don't watch the stupid show and I STILL know that.

it's just hilarious that even she was about to fall off the chair in laughter at the thought of it all.

they wouldn't win in any era where you're allowed to actually defend people. How the fck you gonna shoot 3's when mj pippen and denzel are in your face 24/7? This shit is just dumb that bulls team is literally designed to beat small ball with their long lean players.

mj guarding curry? What the fck is curry gonna do LOL?

this damn team struggled vs the fuggin clippers, nearly lost to a no defense houston team last year, and then got taken through a ton of games vs them AGAIN this last season.

this is so dumb that it's insulting I'm even bothering with it. They just got SMOKED by the raptors for crying out loud.. done finished i'm over it believe what ever you want
Really gonna bring up losing to the Raptors and act like Durant didn't miss damn near the entire Finals :oldlol: Ditto Klay missing significant time too

I don't disagree that the Warriors would potentially be less effective in other eras, but to pretend a team with Durant/Curry/Klay/Green, all in their primes, wouldn't be capable of winning in any era they played in is fcking laughable

NBAGOAT
06-18-2019, 07:41 PM
sexism? bhahaha :lol

explain that one now son

it's well known most of the viewers HATE the girl, I don't watch the stupid show and I STILL know that.

it's just hilarious that even she was about to fall off the chair in laughter at the thought of it all.

they wouldn't win in any era where you're allowed to actually defend people. How the fck you gonna shoot 3's when mj pippen and denzel are in your face 24/7? This shit is just dumb that bulls team is literally designed to beat small ball with their long lean players.

this damn team struggled vs the fuggin clippers, nearly lost to a no defense houston team last year, and then got taken through a ton of games vs them AGAIN this last season.

this is so dumb that it's insulting I'm even bothering with it. They just got SMOKED by the raptors for crying out loud.. done finished i'm over it believe what ever you want

they didnt have kd vs the raptors... Dont act like they're the same team. Okay they lost a couple games to the clippers, most great teams have gone through that shit in the playoffs for their later runs. the 17 team is the one people talk about in goat conversations anyway. lol at houston no defense when they were like top 5 last year with 4 good defenders in their starting lineup.

the warriors have faced people who can guard 1v1. You know what they do, set a lot of screens to create separation whether it's on ball or offball sometimes illegally. People bring up handchecking but it's less effective if a guy is constantly using screens to create separation. Curry at least is usually not attacking in isolation unless it's a big. The best counter imo is just switching often and that gets mj, pippen off curry or kd or klay. Lol at the thought of longley guarding any of them for even 5 plays a game. It's just hard running after a guy for 40 minutes too, even to shoot well on the offensive end.

It's certainly more physical guarding a big guard in the post but running is going tire you out as much if not more. Their are tracking stats for distance traveled, they're going up and up. Reggie Miller and Mark Price have had good games vs the Bulls and other 90s teams, I think Curry and Klay would not be nearly as bad as you're saying. You're just being overly simplistic with some black glasses on when it comes to the current era. Like yea the Bulls could beat them but again you're exaggerating the lopsidedness hard

Meticode
06-18-2019, 07:42 PM
Who the hell invited Ryan Hollins' scrub ass to be on the show? :lol
Get this. He wasn't invited. He's been on the show several times the last year or so because...he works as a NBA Analyst on ESPN. :oldlol:

3ball
06-18-2019, 07:44 PM
Really gonna bring up losing to the Raptors and act like Durant didn't miss damn near the entire Finals :oldlol: Ditto Klay missing significant time too

^^^ Why do people keep saying this nonsense???

Durant boosted them for 1 quarter in game 5, which offsets Klay's missed quarter in game 6.. so Klay only missed 1 game like Dray in 16'.. the injury narrative is simply fake news by a lebron/dubs dick-sucking media

Furthermore, Kawhi beat a more experienced and better team than the 16' Warriors because curry was at 30 ppg in the 19' Finals (not 22 like 16'), while Klay was at 26 and 59% threes (not 19 and 35%)...

So keep making excuses - many teams destroy the KD-less Warriors, just like Kawhi and Bran did.. the kd-less Warriors are essentially 0-3 in the Finals, if not for injuries in 15' (8-10 in the Finals overall without KD).. .. They're simply not formidable like ur claiming - the results speak for themselves

MJ never faced the KD-Warriors

MJ faced bigger talent deficits against the Pistons - they had 3x all-stars at every starting spot, versus zero for MJ's teammates in 88' and 89', and 1 all-star in 90/91

Jordan also faced a MUCH bigger talent deficit against the 86' Celtics, yet jordan's 8 seed played them closer than lebron's 2 seed played the old Spurs in 14', or his 4-seeded, conference champs played the 18' Warriors

So MJ faced bigger talent deficits, yet his teams played the opponent closer than Lebron did against smaller talent deficits... :confusedshrug:

Also, MJ had no all-stars in 1989, but beat the Cavs' 3 all-stars plus 20/5/5 budding star Ron Harper.. All the reporters expected the 6-seeded bulls to lose, but MJ guaranteed (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IBZH4nICAE4&t=17m24s) victory and then hit "the shot" to fulfill his guarantee.. when did lebron do anything boss like that?

SouBeachTalents
06-18-2019, 07:47 PM

Durant boosted them for 1 quarter in game 5, which offsets Klay's missed quarter in game 6.. so Klay only missed 1 game like Dray in 16'.. the injury narrative is simply fake news by a lebron/dubs dick-sucking media

Furthermore, Kawhi beat a more experienced, better team than 2016 because curry was at 30 ppg in the 19' Finals (not 22 like 16'), and Klay was at 26 ppg and 59% threes (not 19 ppg and 35%)...

So keep making excuses - many teams the destroy the KD-less Warriors, just like Kawhi and Bran did.. the kd-less Warriors are essentially 0-3 in the Finals, if not for injuries in 15' (8-10 in the Finals overall without KD).. .. They're simply not formidable like ur claiming - the results speak for themselves

MJ faced bigger talent deficits against the Pistons - they had 3x all-stars at every starting spot, versus zero for MJ's teammates in 88' and 89', and 1 all-star in 90/91

Jordan also faced a MUCH bigger talent deficit against the 86' Celtics, yet jordan's 8 seed played them closer than lebron's 2 seed played the old Spurs in 14', or his 4-seeded, conference champs played the 18' Warriors

So MJ faced bigger talent deficits, yet his teams played the opponent closer than Lebron did against smaller talent deficits... :confusedshrug:

Also, MJ had no all-stars in 1989, but beat the Cavs' 3 all-stars plus 20/5/5 budding star Ron Harper.. All the reporters expected the 6-seeded bulls to lose, but MJ guaranteed (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IBZH4nICAE4&t=17m24s) victory and then hit "the shot" to fulfill his guarantee.. when did lebron do anything boss like that?
I literally didn't even mention LeBron or Jordan in my post :lol Take your obsession elsewhere fakkit

3ball
06-18-2019, 07:52 PM
I literally didn't even mention LeBron or Jordan in my post :lol Take your obsession elsewhere fakkit
The thread is about lebron/Kobe/Jordan you scared biaatch

Boogaboog
06-18-2019, 07:58 PM

Bulls would win in 4 or 5.

bison
06-18-2019, 08:19 PM
These conversations are getting more cringe as time goes by.

1987_Lakers
06-18-2019, 08:36 PM

The lack of IQ in this post is bothersome. No defense Houston? Houston was a top 7 defensive team last year, they were a 65 win team, the Bulls never beat a 65 win team in the playoffs.

MJ would be on an oxygen tank chasing around Curry and Klay all game long, along with all the responsibilities he has on offense. Warriors are not a good matchup for him, he has to guard players who love moving without the ball and the Warriors have a bunch of defenders to throw at him.

At least have some context in your post, smoked by the Raptors comment is atrocious.

Phoenix
06-18-2019, 08:36 PM

:roll: 2016 Cavs

https://i.imgur.com/4HZjxAG.gif

Ryan Collins, no more for today.

paksat
06-18-2019, 08:38 PM
The lack of IQ in this post is bothersome. No defense Houston? Houston was a top 7 defensive team last year, they were a 65 win team, the Bulls never beat a 65 win team in the playoffs.

MJ would be on an oxygen tank with him chasing around Curry and Klay all game long, along with all the responsibilities he has on offense.

At least have some context in your post, smoked by the Raptors comment is atrocious.

a top 7 defensive team in WHAT year under WHAT rules?

this is like saying you scored 40 in a game in the nba today.. ye well, that happens every night these days

being a top defense in a league where defense isn't allowed and you defend it? :oldlol:

NBAGOAT
06-18-2019, 08:44 PM

this is like saying you scored 40 in a game in the nba today.. ye well, that happens every night these days

being a top defense in a league where defense isn't allowed and you defend it? :oldlol:

this is stupidly assuming hou doesnt get better with easier defensive rules.

1987_Lakers
06-18-2019, 09:13 PM

Another dumbass post. The Rockets had a 106.1 Defensive Rating in 2018 which was #6 in the league, even if you put them in 1996 they would have been #8 in the entire league.

SamuraiSWISH
06-18-2019, 09:37 PM
The thread is about lebron/Kobe/Jordan you scared biaatch
:oldlol:

PWB15
06-18-2019, 11:18 PM
Cliff Notes from Shaq:

I don't know who this dude is but the muther****er is retarded

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 01:25 AM

MJ would be on an oxygen tank chasing around Curry and Klay all game long, along with all the responsibilities he has on offense. Warriors are not a good matchup for him, he has to guard players who love moving without the ball and the Warriors have a bunch of defenders to throw at him.

At least have some context in your post, smoked by the Raptors comment is atrocious.Jordan and Pippen would shut down Curry and slow down Durant. If Houston could play that GS team to a standstill, the Bulls would easily beat them.

We do know who gets slapped around by GS though. The 2001 Warriors. Imagine Shaq trying to defend the Curry pick and roll:lol or Kobe tripping over his feet trying to stick with Steph:oldlol:

Bawkish
06-19-2019, 02:15 AM
Another dumbass post. The Rockets had a 106.1 Defensive Rating in 2018 which was #6 in the league, even if you put them in 1996 they would have been #8 in the entire league.

still different rules

we don't know if that type of defense is effective against 7 footers or physical inside game

1987_Lakers
06-19-2019, 02:42 AM
still different rules

we don't know if that type of defense is effective against 7 footers or physical inside game
Capela will be OK. There were worse starting centers in the league in 1996 than Capela.

And we don't know how defenses would react to the Rockets constant 3 point shooting, and we are talking about a short 3 point line. :oldlol:

1987_Lakers
06-19-2019, 02:44 AM
Jordan and Pippen would shut down Curry and slow down Durant. If Houston could play that GS team to a standstill, the Bulls would easily beat them.

We do know who gets slapped around by GS though. The 2001 Warriors. Imagine Shaq trying to defend the Curry pick and roll:lol or Kobe tripping over his feet trying to stick with Steph:oldlol:

If the Indiana Pacers who's best player was Reggie Miller can play the the Bulls to a standstill, the Warriors can easily beat them.

See how easy that was?

Bawkish
06-19-2019, 03:15 AM
Capela will be OK. There were worse starting centers in the league in 1996 than Capela.

And we don't know how defenses would react to the Rockets constant 3 point shooting, and we are talking about a short 3 point line. :oldlol:

Rockets live & die by 3 pt shooting, it's not a guarantee

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 03:44 AM
If the Indiana Pacers who's best player was Reggie Miller can play the the Bulls to a standstill, the Warriors can easily beat them.

See how easy that was?

I'm sorry but did Reggie Miller face the 72 win Bulls in the playoffs? Do you even know what you're talking about?

SpaceJam
06-19-2019, 04:36 AM
Shaq has Dr.J as the GOAT. Take that as you will

SpaceJammeR
06-19-2019, 04:50 AM
if we were to watch every playoff game between kobe,lebron and mike. mike and lebron would stand out way more than kobe. they both had some of the best playoff games ever. especially lebron.

aj1987
06-19-2019, 05:05 AM
You might think it's nonsense because you have the intelligence of a rodent.

Imagine actually being this ****ing stupid. That's not how basketball works, you autistic shit. Besides, lets not forget injuries to Love, Kyrie, Shump, and JR. Funny how you just ignored that, while bringing up the others.

Furthermore, Kawhi beat a more experienced and better team than the 16' Warriors because curry was at 30 ppg in the 19' Finals (not 22 like 16'), while Klay was at 26 and 59% threes (not 19 and 35%)...
Jump off a cliff, idiot. Curry averaged 23 PPG (22.6 = 23, halfwit) because he got shut the **** down. LeBron himself had like 4 blocks on Curry those Finals. Klay was limited massively as well, little man. They also had a much better and younger Iggy and Livingston. That Warriors team would've swept this Raptors team.

So keep making excuses - many teams destroy the KD-less Warriors, just like Kawhi and Bran did.. the kd-less Warriors are essentially 0-3 in the Finals, if not for injuries in 15' (8-10 in the Finals overall without KD).. .. They're simply not formidable like ur claiming - the results speak for themselves
Kawhi beat a KD less and Klay less Warriors team. I wasn't just KD who was missing. Kevon Looney was injured as well. Then, there's the fact that this team is not even remotely similar to the '16 Warriors, who were significantly younger. As I said, the '16 Raptors (heck, even the '15 Raptors) sweep these Raptors.

:oldlol:

I legit believe that he's a troll who's getting paid. No one can be this stupid and obsessed. I mean, his arguments are what a brain damaged toddler would come up with.

1987_Lakers
06-19-2019, 11:06 AM
I'm sorry but did Reggie Miller face the 72 win Bulls in the playoffs? Do you even know what you're talking about?

And did the Rockets face the 2017 Warriors or a healthy Iggy for that matter? Do you even know what you're talking about?

NBASTATMAN
06-19-2019, 11:13 AM
Rodman was past his prime on the defensive end at that point, although still good. Jordan was also regressing a bit on the defensive end, but I won't argue too hard over it. Leonard to me is clearly the better defender of the two.

The only 3 point shooter the Bulls have is Kerr, Bulls were lucky the league had a short 3 point line that year. Warriors defense would thrive on the lack of spacing the Bulls would present, frequent doubles on Jordan without any consequences. I'm sorry, the Warriors would shoot the Bulls out of the building.

this is correct.. Not because I think any of the Warriors are as good as MJ but because they could double MJ all day and get away with it. Those Bulls teams barely got passed those UTAH teams while having refs in their back pockets..

GSW 2017 shits on every team ever if they are playing with 2017 rules.

3ball
06-19-2019, 11:22 AM
this is correct.. Not because I think any of the Warriors are as good as MJ but because they could double MJ all day and get away with it. Those Bulls teams barely got passed those UTAH teams while having refs in their back pockets..

^^^ we can agree to disagree on that

But one thing is now certain - the kd-less Warriors are 8-10 in the Finals and got beat by everyone, including Kawhi, and also bran twice if not for 15' injuries - the kd-less Warriors are essentially 0-3 in the Finals if not for injuries in 15' and would've lost to every Finals opponent the Bulls faced, and also some of their conference finals opponents

The 98' Jazz swept Shaq's 4 all-star Lakers and Popovich/Duncan/Robinson's Spurs, so they would sweep the 16' Warriors easily

DaHeezy
06-19-2019, 11:32 AM
That broadcast is exactly what ISH is like. Somebody discusses there opinion and quickly gets attacked.

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 11:44 AM
And did the Rockets face the 2017 Warriors or a healthy Iggy for that matter? Do you even know what you're talking about?

:oldlol: You're all over the place. The 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 Warriors featured the same players, all in their prime. Far different from a Bulls team featuring a 37 year old Rodman, a 35 year old Jordan with a damaged index finger, and a 34 year old Pippen with a messed up back.

You literally handpicked a series by that over the hill,past it's best, Bulls team that was dragged to the title by Jordan in an attempt to throw shade at the 72 win Bulls of 2 year earlier.

I know that you're stupid, but this really takes the cake:oldlol:

paksat
06-19-2019, 11:45 AM

LOL and you think my post is dumb?

the entire basis of that is BASED ON THE TEAMS THEY PLAYED IN THE "CUPCAKE ERA"

you got owned and wrecked by the other guy so I won't even bother

people already doubled jordan like crazy, it didn't matter. The bulls would score at will and curry's weak ass would be begging to sit on the bench

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 11:46 AM

What is the difference between the 2017 and 2018 Warriors? Same players. All in their prime. Why was Harden able to take a much weaker team and cause all sorts of trouble to that "unbeatable" team?

1987_Lakers
06-19-2019, 11:56 AM
:oldlol: You're all over the place. The 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 Warriors featured the same players, all in their prime. Far different from a Bulls team featuring a 37 year old Rodman, a 35 year old Jordan with a damaged index finger, and a 34 year old Pippen with a messed up back.

You literally handpicked a series by that over the hill,past it's best, Bulls team that was dragged to the title by Jordan in an attempt to throw shade at the 72 win Bulls of 2 year earlier.

And the '96 Bulls and '98 Bulls featured the same players, all slightly past their prime. Only thing I'm doing is using your logic.

2017 Warriors were a 67 win team, had the #1 offense and #2 defense.
2018 Warriors were a 58 win team, had the #3 offense and #11 defense.

You don't see the drop off they had? You literally handpicked a series by that past its best Warriors team that didn't even have a healthy Iggy in attempt to throw a shade at a Warriors team that won 67 games the previous year. Like getting taken to 7 games by a 65 win Houston team is something to be embarrassed about.

1987_Lakers
06-19-2019, 12:00 PM

people already doubled jordan like crazy, it didn't matter. The bulls would score at will and curry's weak ass would be begging to sit on the bench

No, you already got exposed by calling Houston a bad defensive team and implying that Toronto beat a Warriors team that had a healthy Durant and Klay. Your only resort is "cupcake era" and "curry will beg to sit on the bench" which shows a lack of intellect on your part.

Tell me, why does Vegas have the 2017 Warriors as favorites over the '96 Bulls?
https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/19551501/vegas-bookmakers-believe-2016-17-golden-state-warriors-favored-1995-96-chicago-bulls

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 12:04 PM
And the '96 Bulls and '98 Bulls featured the same players, all slightly past their prime. Only thing I'm doing is using your logic.

2017 Warriors were a 67 win team, had the #1 offense and #2 defense.
2018 Warriors were a 58 win team, had the #3 offense and #11 defense.

You don't see the drop off they had? You literally handpicked a series by that past its best Warriors team that didn't even have a healthy Iggy in attempt to throw a shade at a Warriors team that won 67 games the previous year. Like getting taken to 7 games by a 65 win Houston team is something to be embarrassed about.

Slightly past their prime:oldlol: 37. 35 and 34:oldlol:

How old were the Warriors' main players?

As I said, i realized you're a moron. But this is just plain stupid almost beyond description.

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 12:05 PM
No, you already got exposed by calling Houston a bad defensive team and implying that Toronto beat a Warriors team that had a healthy Durant and Klay. Your only resort is "cupcake era" and "curry will beg to sit on the bench" which shows a lack of intellect on your part.

Tell me, why does Vegas have the 2017 Warriors as favorites over the '96 Bulls?
https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/19551501/vegas-bookmakers-believe-2016-17-golden-state-warriors-favored-1995-96-chicago-bulls

Excellent stuff as usual:applause: let's grab an article about a hypothetical matchup.

Jesus the stupidity.

1987_Lakers
06-19-2019, 12:08 PM
Slightly past their prime:oldlol: 37. 35 and 34:oldlol:

How old were the Warriors' main players?

As I said, i realized you're a moron. But this is just plain stupid almost beyond description.

MJ and Rodman were all better players in the early 90's, Pippen peaked in '94-'95. So yes, by definition they were slightly past their prime in 1996 as well.

You don't want to debate me, I know you're still salty how I owned you a few days ago but give it up.

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 12:13 PM
MJ and Rodman were all better players in the early 90's, Pippen peaked in '94-'95. So yes, by definition they were slightly past their prime in 1996 as well.

You don't want to debate me, I know you're still salty how I owned you a few days ago but give it up.

Are you trying to convince yourself or convince me?::oldlol:
I ate you up and spat you out as you kept crying because I insisted that the 87 lakers would decimate the 2001 lakers. A lakers fan than gave you a basketball lesson and reduced you to a stammering mess.

Now, get back on topic. Tell me more about how a 37 year old is slightly past his prime:lol

Hey Yo
06-19-2019, 12:14 PM
^^^ we can agree to disagree on that

But one thing is now certain - the kd-less Warriors are 8-10 in the Finals and got beat by everyone, including Kawhi, and also bran twice if not for 15' injuries - the kd-less Warriors are essentially 0-3 in the Finals if not for injuries in 15' and would've lost to every Finals opponent the Bulls faced, and also some of their conference finals opponents

The 98' Jazz swept Shaq's 4 all-star Lakers and Popovich/Duncan/Robinson's Spurs, so they would sweep the 16' Warriors easily
Del Harris was a garbage coach. That's why LA lost.

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 12:17 PM
Del Harris was a garbage coach. That's why LA lost.

Shaq got swept on several occasions. Against the Rockets. Pacers. Spurs. Jazz. And Chicaho(?) In 2007. At the end of game 4 against the Jazz, the commentator openly wondered whether Shaq deserved criticism for the propensity of his teams to get swept (at that point he had not gotten over the hump yet).

I'm not sure all his coaches were garbage. Sweeps happen. You lose to better teams.

Hey Yo
06-19-2019, 12:19 PM

So what do you call an era that added 6 expansion teams from 1988 to 1995?

1987_Lakers
06-19-2019, 12:20 PM
I ate you up and spat you out as you kept crying because I insisted that the 87 lakers would decimate the 2001 lakers. A lakers fan than gave you a basketball lesson and reduced you to a stammering mess.

Now, get back on topic. Tell me more about how a 37 year old is slightly past his prime:lol
Really? All I remember was you implying magic and a 17 ppg kareem was a better duo than 2001 Shaq and Kobe. Lmao

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 12:21 PM
Really? All I remember was you implying magic and a 17 ppg kareem was a better duo than 2001 Shaq and Kobe. Lmao

Ah the classic "lmao" of a beaten man who's panicking over how he's in over his head:lol

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 12:22 PM
So what do you call an era that added 6 expansion teams from 1988 to 1995?

Definitely stronger than 1998-2004. As is the current era.

Hey Yo
06-19-2019, 12:26 PM
Shaq got swept on several occasions. Against the Rockets. Pacers. Spurs. Jazz. And Chicaho(?) In 2007. At the end of game 4 against the Jazz, the commentator openly wondered whether Shaq deserved criticism for the propensity of his teams to get swept (at that point he had not gotten over the hump yet).

I'm not sure all his coaches were garbage. Sweeps happen. You lose to better teams.
There's a reason why Del Harris never got another HC job. Their backcourt speed should have blown geriatric Stockton and Hornacek out of the water. Make them look like pylons. Osterstiff wasn't 1/3rd of what Shaq was.

1987_Lakers
06-19-2019, 12:28 PM
Ah the classic "lmao" of a beaten man who's panicking over how he's in over his head:lol
Ahh, poor Mr Feeny is upset that I exposed his lack of IQ.

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 12:32 PM
Ahh, poor Mr Feeny is upset that I exposed his lack of IQ.

Ah there it is. Well and truly beaten. Job done.

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 12:37 PM
There's a reason why Del Harris never got another HC job. Their backcourt speed should have blown geriatric Stockton and Hornacek out of the water. Make them look like pylons. Osterstiff wasn't 1/3rd of what Shaq was.

They could never blow Stockton and Hornacek out of anything because Utah was the best pick and roll team in the league and that was Shaq's weakness, as Phil Jackson repeatedly stated (including in his 2004 book). Its the same reason a baby Tony Parker gave them fits.
That was the reason they had trouble. It was Shaq's achilles heel. That bad nothing to do with the coach.

Steve Nash would ran rings around the best teams in the league in the mid 2000s. Jj Barea ran rings around Lebron in 2011. And he's a joke. I'm not sure what athleticism has to do with being all time great. Point guard with high basketball iqs have always been dangerous.

1987_Lakers
06-19-2019, 12:57 PM
Ah there it is. Well and truly beaten. Job done.
You had to follow me into this thread and start an argument after how I embarrassed you in the other one.

17 ppg kareem a better duo than Shaq and kobe?
Current LeBron better than peak Shaq?

LOL

Proctor
06-19-2019, 12:59 PM

Great job, Feeny. Cleanup on Aisle 9...

RealSkipBayless
06-19-2019, 01:07 PM

:roll: :roll:

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 01:15 PM

Great job, Feeny. Cleanup on Aisle 9...

Done and dusted:lol

1987_Lakers
06-19-2019, 01:27 PM
You really had to lie that it was a 87 Lakers vs 01 Lakers debate because you now know how ridiculous it is to compare magic and a 17 ppg Kareem to a prime Shaq and Kobe.

The fact that you had to lie about that just shows how much Im in your head. Following me around to start an argument to try to redeem yourself. People who were in that previous thread know the truth, you exposed yourself.

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 01:40 PM
You really had to lie that it was a 87 Lakers vs 01 Lakers debate because you now know how ridiculous it is to compare magic and a 17 ppg Kareem to a prime Shaq and Kobe.

The fact that you had to lie about that just shows how much Im in your head. Following me around to start an argument to try to redeem yourself. People who were in that previous thread know the truth, you exposed yourself.

Are we blatantly making up shit now? I mentioned nothing about a 17 ppg Kareem.
You were the one who said that 15 ppg 36%fg scoring Kobe formed a "duo" with shaq and that they are greater than magic-Kareem who won 5 titles.

Now stop crying:oldlol: jeez I didnt know I could make someone melt down this easily:oldlol:

1987_Lakers
06-19-2019, 01:46 PM
Are we blatantly making up shit now? I mentioned nothing about a 17 ppg Kareem.
You were the one who said that 15 ppg 36%fg scoring Kobe formed a "duo" with shaq and that they are greater than magic-Kareem who won 5 titles.

Now stop crying:oldlol: jeez I didnt know I could make someone melt down this easily:oldlol:
Once you found out Kareem was a role player for the Lakers last 2 titles you quickly ran away from the who was a better duo debate. Dont deny the truth.

Stop with the meltdown.

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 01:47 PM
Once you found out Kareem was a role player for the Lakers last 2 titles you quickly ran away from the who was a better duo debate. Dont deny the truth.

Stop with the meltdown.

Trying to convince yourself or convince me?
Yup. As another poster said, I've spat you out. Cleanup needed.

If you need to make yourself feel better about it, keep ranting.

1987_Lakers
06-19-2019, 02:04 PM
Trying to convince yourself or convince me?
Yup. As another poster said, I've spat you out. Cleanup needed.

If you need to make yourself feel better about it, keep ranting.
We both know the truth. Don't ever compare Magic and a past prime Kareem to a prime Shaq/Kobe duo again, or else I will make you look like a fool like I did in that thread and in this thread.

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 02:19 PM
We both know the truth. Don't ever compare Magic and a past prime Kareem to a prime Shaq/Kobe duo again, or else I will make you look like a fool like I did in that thread and in this thread.

Keep convincing yourself of your own garbage. You got laughed out of the other thread and just got embarrassed here.

1987_Lakers
06-19-2019, 02:21 PM
Keep convincing yourself of your own garbage. You got laughed out of the other thread and just got embarrassed here.
All I remember was people caliing you "dumb dumb" in the other thread.

TheMan
06-19-2019, 02:22 PM

Hollins was a nobody scrub in the NBA, Shaq is a GOAT, scrub recognizes scrub, GOAT recognizes GOAT :bowdown:

Plus Shaq played against MJ and played with LBJ and still thinks MJ >> LBJ

:yaohappy:

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 02:22 PM
All I remember was people caliing you "dumb dumb" in the other thread.

I remember everyone laughing at you and a lakers fan giving you a basketball lesson.
Now pipe down.

ArbitraryWater
06-19-2019, 02:23 PM
feenboi, this is embarrassing

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 02:24 PM

As embarassing as an Iraqi pretending he knows basketball?

bullettooth
Hollins was a nobody scrub in the NBA, Shaq is a GOAT, scrub recognizes scrub, GOAT recognizes GOAT :bowdown:

BANG! IT'S OVA!!!!!

1987_Lakers

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 02:25 PM

It's not a better argument though. Who cares what specific players think? That's the argument that Kobe fans use against Lebron. "Player x says that Kobe da mamba and that he better than Lebron. That's proof".

We can use our heads.

TheMan
06-19-2019, 11:38 PM

Bro at least stay consistent, lol.

Slightly past their prime at 37, 35 and 34 for the Bulls but at the same time you mention that Iggy and Livingston were much younger and better a few years ago :lol Dat double standard...

And one of your arguments why GSWs would beat the Bulls is that they would double team Jordan :roll: You effing idiot, MJ saw double teams a lot, it's not something he hardly ever saw, go ahead and throw double teams at him, he'll find the open man :lol Double teams still couldn't stop him from scoring, Iggy and Klay ain't stopping Jordan :roll:

1987_Lakers
06-19-2019, 11:58 PM

Slightly past their prime at 37, 35 and 34 for the Bulls but at the same time you mention that Iggy and Livingston were much younger and better a few years ago :lol Dat double standard...

And one of your arguments why GSWs would beat the Bulls is that they would double team Jordan :roll: You effing idiot, MJ saw double teams a lot, it's not he hardly ever saw :lol Still couldn't stop him from scoring, Iggy and Klay ain't stopping Jordan :roll:

MJ and Pippen were pretty much the same level of players from '96-'98, Rodman was the only one who saw some regression with his inconsistencies, but with that said he was still pulling down 15 RPG in '98, which was #1 in the league.

If you are sharp enough, you would know that the only reason I brought up Reggie Miller's Pacers taking the Bulls to 7 games is because Freeny brought up the Rockets taking the Warriors to 7 games, he made it look like the 2018 Warriors were their best version as a team which in fact they were not. I know the '96 Bulls were better than their '98 version, Freeny should have known that the 2017 Warriors were better than they were the year after.

And yea, obviously MJ saw alot of double teams, but look at the team he has around him...Harper, Kukoc, Pippen, & Rodman were not known as shooters, the Warriors could easily take advantage of this and leave a shooter open without facing the consequences (assuming we play at the original 3 point line and not the short 3 point line the Bulls played in). There is a reason why shooters are so valued, they open so much for your offense.

Iggy and Klay can't stop Jordan from scoring, but they are the best possible duo you can put on Jordan, which team in the league back in the mid 90's had two guards with with 6'6" and 6'7" size that could defend like Klay and Iggy?

I'm sorry, the Bulls are toast in a series vs the 2017 Warriors. Golden State has the edge in superstar talent, All-Star talent, shooting, overall offense...they may not have the defense of the Bulls, but you better believe they are not too far behind. They have a DPOY in Draymond, Klay & Iggy who are elite defenders at their position, and Durant isn't no slouch on the defensive end as well. That Warriors team actually held opponents to 43.5 FG%, amazing considering the GOAT talent they have on the offensive end.

TheMan
06-20-2019, 12:17 AM
MJ and Pippen were pretty much the same level of players from '96-'98, Rodman was the only one who saw some regression with his inconsistencies, but with that said he was still pulling down 15 RPG in '98, which was #1 in the league.

If you are sharp enough, you would know that the only reason I brought up Reggie Miller's Pacers taking the Bulls to 7 games is because Freeny brought up the Rockets taking the Warriors to 7 games, he made it look like the 2018 Warriors were their best version as a team which in fact they were not. I know the '96 Bulls were better than their '98 version, Freeny should have known that the 2017 Warriors were better than they were the year after.

And yea, obviously MJ saw alot of double teams, but look at the team he has around him...Harper, Kukoc, Pippen, & Rodman were not known as shooters, the Warriors could easily take advantage of this and leave a shooter open without facing the consequences (assuming we play at the original 3 point line and not the short 3 point line the Bulls played in). There is a reason why shooters are so valued, they open so much for your offense.

Iggy and Klay can't stop Jordan from scoring, but they are the best possible duo you can put on Jordan, which team in the league back in the mid 90's had two guards with with 6'6" and 6'7" size that could defend like Klay and Iggy?

I'm sorry, the Bulls are toast in a series vs the 2017 Warriors. Golden State has the edge in superstar talent, All-Star talent, shooting, overall offense...they may not have the defense of the Bulls, but you better believe they are not too far behind. They have a DPOY in Draymond, Klay & Iggy who are elite defenders at their position, and Durant isn't no slouch on the defensive end as well. That Warriors team actually held opponents to 43.5 FG%, amazing considering the GOAT talent they have on the offensive end.
You bring up some good points but I also think we need to talk about under what rules we talking about, like Shaq mentioned, we playing by big boy rules or cupcake rules? We know the Bulls played under big boy rules, can the Warriors play when defenses are allowed to disrupt your offense? The Warriors offense hits a snag when physical guards get up on Curry (and the refs allow it). The Bulls perimeter defense is better than the Warriors, they don't hide anyone on D like the Warriors with Curry.

Offensively, yes I can see the Warriors being better (especially in the cupcake era) but defensively no question the Bulls are better. Bulls also happen to have the GOAT closer, you know a series between both clubs wouldn't be a blow out, that's flat out trolling, especially when you consider PJ > Kerr...in a tight game, my money is on MJ to close it out.

TheCorporation
06-20-2019, 12:19 AM

1987_Lakers
06-20-2019, 12:23 AM
You bring up some good points but I also think we need to talk about under what rules we talking about, like Shaq mentioned, we playing by big boy rules or cupcake rules? We know the Bulls played under big boy rules, can the Warriors play when defenses are allowed to disrupt your offense? The Warriors offense hits a snag when physical guards get up on Curry (and the refs allow it). The Bulls perimeter defense is better than the Warriors, they don't hide anyone on D like the Warriors with Curry.

Offensively, yes I can see the Warriors being better (especially in the cupcake era) but defensively no question the Bulls are better. Bulls also happen to have the GOAT closer, you know a series between both clubs wouldn't be a blow out, that's flat out trolling, especially when you consider PJ > Kerr...in a tight game, my money is on MJ to close it out.

Cupcake rules? The Bulls played with a short 3 point line.

Play the Warriors and Bulls with 1996 rules and the Warriors would drain 30 threes by halftime, Phil Jackson would concede the series after just one game.

And what better coach to have than Steve Kerr, a guy who played on those Bulls teams and knows them inside out, he would coach circles around Phil.

3ball
06-20-2019, 12:35 AM

Firstly, guys that were 6'6" and 6'7" couldn't guard MJ because MJ was the quickest player ever at that size - that's why he dominated every 2-guard so well.. it was the shorter guys that gave him issues because they could match his quickness - the Warriors didn't ha e a shorter athlete like Payton, Starks, or Vashon (the only 3 guys to ever slow down mj)

But here's some examples of 6'6" and 6'7" athletes that MJ beat in the Finals:

1992 - Portland had Drexler and Kersey - 2 superathletes

1993 - Majerle was a better athlete (70 dunks a year vs. Klay's 25) and better defender than klay (3-time all-defense), while prime Dumas > athlete than old Iggy

1996 - Payton

1997 & 1998 - Byron Russell and Shandon Anderson guarded MJ for most possessions (https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-09-2019/m9HSej.gif).. Both Anderson (https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=Shandon+Anderson+dunk&oq=Shandon+Anderson+dunk&gs_l=youtube-reduced.3...1007.9784.0.10056.24.18.2.4.4.0.177.27 19.0j18.18.0....0...1ac.1j4.64.youtube-reduced..0.23.2650...0j0i131k1j35i39k1j0i229k1j0i3 k1j0i10k1j0i22i30k1j33i299k1j33i160k1.0.GmIh7Q1bdN E&oq=Shandon+Anderson+dunk&gs_l=youtube-reduced.3...1007.9784.0.10056.24.18.2.4.4.0.177.27 19.0j18.18.0....0...1ac.1j4.64.youtube-reduced..0.23.2650...0j0i131k1j35i39k1j0i229k1j0i3 k1j0i10k1j0i22i30k1j33i299k1j33i160k1.0.GmIh7Q1bdN E&oq=Shandon+Anderson+dunk&gs_l=youtube-reduced.3...1007.9784.0.10056.24.18.2.4.4.0.177.27 19.0j18.18.0....0...1ac.1j4.64.youtube-reduced..0.23.2650...0j0i131k1j35i39k1j0i229k1j0i3 k1j0i10k1j0i22i30k1j33i299k1j33i160k1.0.GmIh7Q1bdN E) and Russell (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l6BWz-3OC5s&t=0m19s) were very good athletes

Btw, why do you brag about a team with way more talent (kd-warriors) winning?... I think the bulls beat them but the real issue is whether the bulls would beat the kd-less Warriors - the answer to that is obvious (curb-stomp time)

Mr Feeny
06-20-2019, 12:41 AM

And one of your arguments why GSWs would beat the Bulls is that they would double team Jordan :roll: You effing idiot, MJ saw double teams a lot, it's not something he hardly ever saw, go ahead and throw double teams at him, he'll find the open man :lol Double teams still couldn't stop him from scoring, Iggy and Klay ain't stopping Jordan :roll:

Yes 37 is "slightly" past a player's prime:oldlol:

Mr Feeny
06-20-2019, 12:44 AM
Firstly, guys that were 6'6" and 6'7" couldn't guard MJ because MJ was the quickest player ever at that size - that's why he dominated every 2-guard so well.. it was the shorter guys that gave him issues because they could match his quickness - the Warriors didn't ha e a shorter athlete like Payton, Starks, or Vashon (the only 3 guys to ever slow down mj)

1993 - Majerle was a better athlete (70 dunks a year vs. Klay's 25) and better defender than klay (3-time all-defense), while prime Dumas > athlete than old Iggy

1996 - Payton

1997 & 1998 - Byron Russell and Shandon Anderson guarded MJ for most possessions (https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-09-2019/m9HSej.gif).. Both Anderson (https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=Shandon+Anderson+dunk&oq=Shandon+Anderson+dunk&gs_l=youtube-reduced.3...1007.9784.0.10056.24.18.2.4.4.0.177.27 19.0j18.18.0....0...1ac.1j4.64.youtube-reduced..0.23.2650...0j0i131k1j35i39k1j0i229k1j0i3 k1j0i10k1j0i22i30k1j33i299k1j33i160k1.0.GmIh7Q1bdN E&oq=Shandon+Anderson+dunk&gs_l=youtube-reduced.3...1007.9784.0.10056.24.18.2.4.4.0.177.27 19.0j18.18.0....0...1ac.1j4.64.youtube-reduced..0.23.2650...0j0i131k1j35i39k1j0i229k1j0i3 k1j0i10k1j0i22i30k1j33i299k1j33i160k1.0.GmIh7Q1bdN E&oq=Shandon+Anderson+dunk&gs_l=youtube-reduced.3...1007.9784.0.10056.24.18.2.4.4.0.177.27 19.0j18.18.0....0...1ac.1j4.64.youtube-reduced..0.23.2650...0j0i131k1j35i39k1j0i229k1j0i3 k1j0i10k1j0i22i30k1j33i299k1j33i160k1.0.GmIh7Q1bdN E) and Russell (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l6BWz-3OC5s&t=0m19s) were very good athletes

Btw, why do you brag about a team with way more talent (kd-warriors) winning?... I think the bulls beat them but the real issue is whether the bulls would beat the kd-less Warriors - the answer to that is obvious (curb-stomp time)

He is a Kobe fan. And Kobe's first step was so much slower than Jordan' that many people were able to cause him trouble. 6'6 players who had trouble slowing down Jordan due to Jordan's quick first step would cause Kobe fits. Heck, even a 6'8 Lebron had the lateral quickness to smother Kobe as the latter was just too slow.

Can you imagine T Prince trying to guard prime Jordan?:lol Nevermind hold him to 38%fg shooting for a series.

1987_Lakers
06-20-2019, 12:48 AM

1996 - Payton

Again, you just proved my point. None of those defensive duos were better than Klay and Iggy. Naming Drexler is comical, he was never known for his defense.

Mr Feeny
06-20-2019, 12:56 AM
Again, you just proved my point. None of those defensive duos were better than Klay and Iggy. Naming Drexler is comical, he was never known for his defense.

You wouldn't know what's a good defender from that era because you never watched. Reading box scores on basketball reference doesnt let you know how good a defender someone is.

James freaking Posy and Paul Pierce held you're idol to 40% shooting in the 2008 finals and humiliated him. Prince obliterated a prime Kobe and held him to 36%fg. The same prince who was torched by baby and unpolished Lebron:lol

1987_Lakers
06-20-2019, 01:04 AM
You wouldn't know what's a good defender from that era because you never watched. Reading box scores on basketball reference doesnt let you know how good a defender someone is.

James freaking Posy and Paul Pierce held you're idol to 40% shooting in the 2008 finals and humiliated him. Prince obliterated a prime Kobe and held him to 36%fg. The same prince who was torched by baby and unpolished Lebron:lol

Wow, still melting down? :oldlol:

First of all, I'm a student of the game, I've seen countless of 80's Celtics, 80's Lakers games, I know the weaknesses and strengths of every single player on those teams. I've also seen countless of 90's Bulls games and appreciate their greatness, I read Jordan Rules by Sam Smith when I was 16, the same book in which MJ, Horace Grant, & Pippen all got their baby sons naked to see which one had the biggest p.enis, Pippen's son had the biggest. (Yes, this was actually in the book)

You are talking to the wrong one, I know more about this league's history than 80-90% of users here.

I'm a Kobe fan, but have LeBron and Jordan higher on the all-time list, I'm an objective poster, or at least try to be. You shitting on Kobe isn't going to put me in a rage.

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-20-2019, 01:19 AM
I mean...Hollins isn't wrong. Warriors likely beating Bulls in both eras.

Re: MJ v LeBron, it's whatever. Who F'in cares, honestly. Different skillsets and different on-court objectives in different rules eras to compare individuals. When ppl act like its heresy that LeBron > MJ, it's just plain idiotic. 1 on 1 LeBron destroys MJ (just envision MJ guarding Karl Malone, but Malone is more athletic than MJ and has a better 3). Team game, LeBron does more. MJ just has the killer alpha dog mentality over LeBron, that's pretty much it. But that is highly valuable, sure. I won't argue if someone thinks MJ is #1 player of all time. But...

Fans/ppl like Shaq just trying to measure ***** by acting like their boy MJ can't be touched. Even Molly, who's usually kinda reasonable, reacting like she did was cringey. Ppl need to get off MJ's nuts and let their own drop for once. LeBron being #1 player of all time isn't a laughable statement. Also Shaq even suggesting Kobe is up there just shows how low his IQ is. Pathetic.

But if we're comparing team vs team matchup? GSW pretty much destroy every team in history. Except, coincidentally, maybe Shaq's LAL teams. And maybe various Spurs teams or the Big 3 Heat. But any other pre-2010s team, they're smoking off the court w/ 3's and elite D. No matter the era. Handchecking Steph and Klay won't matter when they're wide open.

edit:
maybe mid-90s Rockets have a chance vs GSW. They actually had shooters, D, and I'm not sure who's guarding Hakeem down low for GSW. Bogut I suppose... Prime Bogut. ...Are we mixing GSW rosters? I guess it'd have to be Zaza or McGee or something if we're strictly talking like the '17-'18 Dubs.

Mr Feeny
06-20-2019, 01:27 AM
Wow, still melting down? :oldlol:

First of all, I'm a student of the game, I've seen countless of 80's Celtics, 80's Lakers games, I know the weaknesses and strengths of every single player on those teams. I've also seen countless of 90's Bulls games and appreciate their greatness, I read Jordan Rules by Sam Smith when I was 16, the same book in which MJ, Horace Grant, & Pippen all got their baby sons naked to see which one had the biggest p.enis, Pippen's son had the biggest. (Yes, this was actually in the book)

You are talking to the wrong one, I know more about this league's history than 80-90% of users here.

I'm a Kobe fan, but have LeBron and Jordan higher on the all-time list, I'm an objective poster, or at least try to be. You shitting on Kobe isn't going to put me in a rage.

You're already in a rage. And people pointing out that your hero isnt as highly regarded as the top all time greats (Jordan and Lebron) isnt designed to put anyone in a "rage". It is fact.

Regarding the huge paragraph you hust typed up top, we both know you havent seen a second of 80s basketball or watched any of Jordan pre 97. Trying to pretend otherwise isnt going to convince anyone but yourself.

Carry on.

1987_Lakers
06-20-2019, 01:31 AM
You're already in a rage. And people pointing out that your hero isnt as highly regarded as the top all time greats (Jordan and Lebron) isnt designed to put anyone in a "rage". It is fact.

Regarding the huge paragraph you hust typed up top, we both know you havent seen a second of 80s basketball or watched any of Jordan pre 97. Trying to pretend otherwise isnt going to convince anyone but yourself.

Carry on.

Nice bait attempt. One thing is for sure, you obviously didn't watch those teams. Saying Magic and a past prime Kareem were a better duo than Shaq/Kobe. :roll:

NBAGOAT
06-20-2019, 02:02 AM
People just really don

Mr Feeny
06-20-2019, 02:12 AM
Nice bait attempt. One thing is for sure, you obviously didn't watch those teams. Saying Magic and a past prime Kareem were a better duo than Shaq/Kobe. :roll:

I did and you didnt. And I have you desperately trying to convince me otherwise. Weird behaviour given that you dont know me.

Mr Feeny
06-20-2019, 02:14 AM
[QUOTE=NBAGOAT]People just really don

1987_Lakers
06-20-2019, 02:17 AM
[QUOTE=NBAGOAT]People just really don

Mr Feeny
06-20-2019, 02:19 AM
Nicely said. We all know the 2017 Warriors are the consensus GOAT team.

Between them and the 96 Bulls. But both would sweep Shaq's lakers.

1987_Lakers
06-20-2019, 02:22 AM
Between them and the 96 Bulls. But both would sweep Shaq's lakers.
Nah, you are already seeing people in general calling the Warriors the GOAT team, it's the consensus opinion at the moment. Bulls are #3 on my list, behind the '86 Celtics.

'96 Bulls and '01 Lakers is a more interesting matchup. I would pay to see that series, I can easily see it going 7 games. I would probably pick the Bulls, but it can go either way.

Mr Feeny
06-20-2019, 02:25 AM
Nah, you are already seeing people in general calling the Warriors the GOAT team, it's the consensus opinion at the moment. Bulls are #3 on my list, behind the '86 Celtics.

'96 Bulls and '01 Lakers is a more interesting matchup. I would pay to see that series, I can easily see it going 7 games. I would probably pick the Bulls, but it can go either way.

Nah. I've seen people mention both. The 1996 Bulls and 2017 Warriors are the consensus top 2 teams.

Wither would sweep the 2000-2002 lakers. This isnt really a discussion.

1987_Lakers
06-20-2019, 02:28 AM
Nah. I've seen people mention both. The 1996 Bulls and 2017 Warriors are the consensus top 2 teams.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1571681
https://www.sportingnews.com/g00/us/nba/news/nba-finals-vegas-odds-2017-warriors-michael-jordans-1996-bulls/1xxmig5mgo8461g9i25o5fb2kx?i10c.ua=1&i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8%3 d&i10c.dv=13

Like I said, it's the consensus.

Mr Feeny
06-20-2019, 02:44 AM
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1571681
https://www.sportingnews.com/g00/us/nba/news/nba-finals-vegas-odds-2017-warriors-michael-jordans-1996-bulls/1xxmig5mgo8461g9i25o5fb2kx?i10c.ua=1&i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8%3 d&i10c.dv=13

Like I said, it's the consensus.

That's not a consensus. Not sure you know what that word means.

But as I said, they and the 96 Bulls would sweep the 2000-2002 lakers.

34-24 Footwork
06-20-2019, 02:55 AM
What is the difference between the 2017 and 2018 Warriors? Same players. All in their prime. Why was Harden able to take a much weaker team and cause all sorts of trouble to that "unbeatable" team?

Lowkey ether :oldlol:

TheMan
06-20-2019, 03:27 AM
Cupcake rules? The Bulls played with a short 3 point line.

Play the Warriors and Bulls with 1996 rules and the Warriors would drain 30 threes by halftime, Phil Jackson would concede the series after just one game.

And what better coach to have than Steve Kerr, a guy who played on those Bulls teams and knows them inside out, he would coach circles around Phil.
Fukk outta here troll :oldlol:

Not wasting my time with you, bullshitter

Manny98
06-20-2019, 06:41 AM
Fenny got wrecked in this thread poor guy :oldlol:

aj1987
06-20-2019, 07:19 AM
Lowkey ether :oldlol:
You do know that Feeny has LeBron in his top 3, right? He was arguing LeBron over KAJ back in '16. Not to mention the fact that he has Brick out of his top 10. Yikes. :oldlol:

Showtime80'
06-20-2019, 09:31 AM
LOL 1987 at their being a consensus about the 2017 Warriors being the greatest!!! You mean consensus in a message board filled with people born after 1998!!!

Simple math:

1996 Bulls: 87-13, #1 defense and offense. Greatest point differential of ALL TIME. Beat a 60 and 64 win team in the ECF and Finals.

2017 Warriors: 83-16, # 1 offense- #2 defense. Beat a Kawhiless Spurs team in the WCF and a 51 win underwhelming Cavs in the Finals lead by Finals career loose LeBald.

Period end of sentence. Nice try Warriors.

The Warriors absolutely WILTED this post season in just their 5th year of contention in a softer offensive player friendly league with LOAD MANAGEMENT. People forget they were a NON-FACTOR from 2010 to 2014. The Bulls run lasted between 1989 (first ECF) to 1998 with MJ and Pippen NEVER coming down with injuries until Pip's back went out in the 1998 playoffs.

The Warriors are a team MADE for the present soft league with manufactured offensive friendly rules to turn shrimps like Curry and chuckers like Harden and Dumbrook into superstars, but would struggle BIG TIME with the physicality of the league pre 1998. I would love to see their fragile Achilles' and ankles go against the physicality and quickness of the 96 Bulls 4 horn defensive attack of Harper, Rodman, Pippen and Jordan not to mention the murdering that would occur against the violence of the Bad Boy Pistons.

7 foot jump shooters like Durant were called TWINNERS in the 90's and got their sh!t pushed in by physical big men like Shaq, Ewing, Malone, Robinson, Mourning, Olajuwon, Barkley etc... He better shoot those 3 pointers mighty fast because he's going to have 3 fouls on his head before the 2nd quarter trying to guard any of those guys.

The 90's Bulls had the ability (and the league allowed at the time) to IMPOSE their will on other teams with their defense, something NO TEAM in the present NBA has the makeup to do. They faced 2 of the top 5 3 point shooting teams in 1996 in the Magic (8 3's at 38%) and the Sonics (7 3's on 36%) and absolutely TROUNCED them. The shorter 3-point line actually allowed defenders to close out QUICKER!

And at the end of the day you're going to have to deal with the GOAT player who is UNDEFEATED IN THE FINALS FOR ETERNITY!

The Bulls were a generational dynasty like the 60's Celtics and 80's Lakers. The Warriors are not in that class, they belong with the Kobe/Shaq Lakers, Bad Boy Pistons, Olajuwon Rockets and Bird's Celtics in the BEST OF THE REST category.

Like Mike said in 1998, "They can't win until we quit!!!". For Warriors, they're Achilles' quit on them, LOL!

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2019, 09:34 AM
'96 Bulls 6 gms to beat Kemp n Payton :lol
'17 GSW shit on Bulls by the numbers (team stats, metrics), and 4-1'ed a team that 12-1'd their conference.

'96 Bulls don't have the offense.

PERIOD.

FKAri
06-20-2019, 09:56 AM

I don't think it's as easy as A>B>C => A>C.
When looking at it from the angle of matchups and not which is the better overall team, I think 96 Bulls and 2001/2 Lakers are both interesting matchups vs 2017 GSW. It'd be interesting to see if Shaq can bully out small ball or how the Bulls perimeter D handles GSW.

andgar923
06-20-2019, 10:20 AM
The 96 Bulls are almost as perfect as a team could get.

They could play ANY style and beat you in a number of ways. They had versatile players that could play multiple positions and role players that knew their roles. They had experience and were disciplined at running their sets, were smart enough to adapt and skilled enough to improvise.

This Warriors team rely on 3pt shooting far too often and we've seen them get challenged because of it. Their offence is average at best when the 3pt shot isn't falling. Their defence is a result of teams trying to match their style, not necessarily a reflection of true defense.

Name a weakness the Bulls team had?

NONE

They could beat you inside, outside, running, slow tempo, grind it out and physical, or free flowing offence.

And if the games were close, MJ was there to close them out.

If a team contested them one game, they'd come back and murder them the next. The Bulls were simply superior than the Warriors bar none.

Showtime80'
06-20-2019, 11:21 AM
"This Warriors team rely on 3pt shooting far too often and we've seen them get challenged because of it. Their offence is average at best when the 3pt shot isn't falling. Their defence is a result of teams trying to match their style, not necessarily a reflection of true defense."

Thank you andgar 923! You just described the present uncreative lack of versatility offensive systems of the modern NBA!! Basically you have 30 teams playing THE SAME STYLE of offense and relying on a shot that goes in 36% of the time even with today's supposed 'improved" shooting. Never in the history of the game has this phenomenon happened and the Warriors have taken full advantage of it. That would not be the case against the other greatest teams of all time who could come at you with so many different looks.

And for the persons who said "the 90's Bulls don't have enough offense" here are the regular season stats for 1992 Blazers and 1993 Suns:

1993 Suns:
Regular season=113 ppg on 49% FG
Finals against Bulls= 108ppg on 47% FG

1992 Blazers
Regular season= 111 ppg on 47% FG
Finals against Bulls= 98 ppg on 44% FG

For all the Jordan hype the Bulls were a defense first team and that fueled their offense. They had something NOBODY IN TODAY'S NBA HAS, suffocating DEFENSE!!! Your offense might go on hiatus for a few games but truly GREAT DEFENSE never leaves you, that's why they swallowed teams offenses when they wanted to.

I used to be in the 80's Lakers and Celtics camps when pitted against the 90's Bulls but as you analyze it deeper, the defensive intensity that Chicago consistently brought to the floor is unmatched by any other team in history, even the Bad Boys didn't sustain that level of intensity for as many years.

It doesn't matter that teams were deeper in offensive talent than the Bulls, the 92 Blazers and 93 Suns were A LOT DEEPER in that department but they just dictated the tempo of the games with their defense and imposed their style of play onto the other team.

Even after all that, you still have to deal with MJ. Check mate!

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-20-2019, 11:33 AM
You'd roll with Rodman/Kukoc/Pippen/Jordan/Kerr and take your chances. That lineup is probably their best far as defense/scoring/shooting go.

I'd put Jordan on Klay with Pippen switching on Durant and Curry. But in the end? It boils down to what Chicago does on offense. And what rules they're privy with.

The 17 Warriors matchup with just about ANY team in history. And are probably favorites in every H2H.

1987_Lakers
06-20-2019, 11:34 AM
The 96 Bulls are almost as perfect as a team could get.

They could play ANY style and beat you in a number of ways. They had versatile players that could play multiple positions and role players that knew their roles. They had experience and were disciplined at running their sets, were smart enough to adapt and skilled enough to improvise.

This Warriors team rely on 3pt shooting far too often and we've seen them get challenged because of it. Their offence is average at best when the 3pt shot isn't falling. Their defence is a result of teams trying to match their style, not necessarily a reflection of true defense.

Name a weakness the Bulls team had?

NONE

They could beat you inside, outside, running, slow tempo, grind it out and physical, or free flowing offence.

And if the games were close, MJ was there to close them out.

If a team contested them one game, they'd come back and murder them the next. The Bulls were simply superior than the Warriors bar none.

The funny thing is, the people who usually think the Bulls are better are the posters who have a rep of being a MJ stan like yourself or TheMan, or the posters who are still stuck in the 80's-90's like Showtime80'.

I already spilled out the Bulls weaknesses, they lack shooting, they don't have a low-post presence from their bigs, and they lack an offensive firepower to keep up with the Warriors. All the strengths you named for the Bulls like versatile players, role player who knew their role, free flowing offense, experienced and high IQ, those are the same strengths the Warriors have.

Saying the Warriors rely on 3's too often and their offense is average if the 3's are not falling....well that is a laughable statement. Why wouldn't you rely on 3's if you have two of the greatest shooters ever in Curry and Klay? And let's not forget they have one of the greatest mid-range players of all time in Kevin Durant, who can basically shoot over people from 20 feet and drop 30-35 on you on a consistent basis. Here is a little fact for you, the 2017 Warriors were #5 in the league in 2 point shots made and #1 in 2pt%. They obviously don't rely on the 3 point shot like the Rockets do and with Durant, they are lethal from 3 and 2.

One thing is for sure, the Bulls would be in total shock if they played the Warriors. The Bulls never played a team who shoots and makes as many 3's as the Warriors do, nor they have ever played a team who sets as many screens. The Warriors are a revolutionary team, while the Bulls are a generic outdated team who are easy to figure out.

1987_Lakers
06-20-2019, 11:36 AM
You'd roll with Rodman/Kukoc/Pippen/Jordan/Kerr and take your chances. That lineup is probably their best far as defense/scoring/shooting go.

I'd put Jordan on Klay with Pippen switching on Durant and Curry. But in the end? It boils down to what Chicago does on offense. And what rules they're privy with.

The 17 Warriors matchup with just about ANY team in history. And are probably favorites in every H2H[/B].

This is why they are the consensus GOAT team.

1987_Lakers
06-20-2019, 11:44 AM
It doesn't matter that teams were deeper in offensive talent than the Bulls, the 92 Blazers and 93 Suns were A LOT DEEPER in that department but they just dictated the tempo of the games with their defense and imposed their style of play onto the other team.

Even after all that, you still have to deal with MJ. Check mate!

Yes, because we all know Drexler/Porter & Barkley/KJ provide have the same offensive fire power as the Warriors. :oldlol:

MJ never played a team in the Finals where the opponent's 2nd option was a 20 ppg scorer. We are talking about Durant who is the greatest scorer ever at the SF spot, Curry who is the greatest scorer ever at the PG spot, and Klay who is a consistent 20 PPG player and can drop 30 on you when he is feeling it.

Showtime80'
06-20-2019, 12:03 PM
The Warriors are and SHOULD be offensively lethal in TODAY'S GAME 87! A game that has been COMPLETELY altered to favor offensive players since the league shat themselves after the Pistons won in 2004 holding teams to 70+ points.

David Stern and the league decided that wasn't sexy enough and voil

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-20-2019, 12:06 PM
I might sub Kerr for Harp if they're not getting stops.

With Harper?

Both he and Pippen can switch off Durant and Steph more effectively.

Hey Yo
06-20-2019, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=Showtime80']The Warriors are and SHOULD be offensively lethal in TODAY'S GAME 87! A game that has been COMPLETELY altered to favor offensive players since the league shat themselves after the Pistons won in 2004 holding teams to 70+ points.

1987_Lakers
06-20-2019, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=Showtime80']The Warriors are and SHOULD be offensively lethal in TODAY'S GAME 87! A game that has been COMPLETELY altered to favor offensive players since the league shat themselves after the Pistons won in 2004 holding teams to 70+ points.

Showtime80'
06-20-2019, 12:31 PM
Simplistic view Hey Yo, MJ is a 6'6 guard that got targeted and beat up for 6 straight seasons at the hands of the most physically imposing defenses of all time in the Bad Boy Pistons and Riley's Knicks. Only 7 footers have received the physical beating Michael took from 1988 to 1993. Still he completed the 3-peat without going out on crutches like Stringbean and Klay.

There was a lot less space in the 90's to work with which affects soft finesse guys like the Warriors have. The rules ALLOWED defenses to impose themselves on athletes which the league has CONVINIENTLY prohibited in the last 15+ years.

Look at Shaq for example, the most physically imposing offensive weapon in HISTORY and the nightmare time he had from 1995 to 1999 getting his clocked cleaned in the playoffs by physical defensive teams lead by OLDER VERSIONS of Olajuwon/Drexler, MJ/Scottie, Malone/Stockton and David Robinson. Those teams and players not only had braun, they also had brains and solid fundamentals something SORELY lacking in today's dumbed down basketball culture.

The Warriors failed to cap off the 73 win season and failed on their 3-peat attempt. No comparison to the Bulls.

sdot_thadon
06-20-2019, 01:05 PM
Everyone saying it's definitive either way is crazy. This is a pick em as with most great teams. 96 Bulls are my favorite team ever but the Durant Warriors may very well be the greatest, They just have too much. 1st off there's too many factors to consider in these mythical matchups but I'll stick to the obvious for the most part.

Which era and rule set it's played with matters more than anything else. Period.

If it's played in 96 the Bulls have the advantage of handchecking which is good foe dealing with Steph off the dribble but won't help stopping his off ball movement much. We've seen that the Warrirors can get rattled or at least not look as pretty in physical contests, but by the same token Chicago has never seen a team take even half the 3's a game this Warriror team will.

Mj will get his but he'll have a rotation of good lengthy defenders on him throughout. The warriors don't have a single guy as good as Payton but they have 4 very good to elite guys which is something Mj never had to deal with. I'd imagine they go with Harper, Mj, Pip, Toni, and Dennis the original death lineup and it'd be a crazy matchup especially if the Warriors decide to matchup keeping Iggy on the floor. I'd never let Kerr close to Steph in this series. The hope is that Scottie is good enough to limit Kd and Harper can stay with Steph because it wouldn't make sense to have Mj chasing him and at that stage of his career I'm pretty sure he didn't want to chase a guy through 100 screens. Rodman's help defense would be key here because Draymond is the only guy you risk leaving in the scenario.

The shortened 3 point line. Wow. Will make Draymond perhaps a better shooter than Harper by default maybe better than that if he gets in rhythm. Iggy becomes a sniper with the short line and the splash triplets are probably all shooting 50%. Handchecking is supposed to handle this issue but not when the entire lineup can make 3s regularly from that short distance. Also one Reggie Miller was tough enough a cover for the Bulls. How about 2 of them and an alltime great scorer thats even higher priority than those 2? I'm not saying it can't be done but I'm just framing how tough this will be for the Bulls.

But what about in the modern era? Well we know what goldenstate does. The Bulls will try to play them physically and if the refs allow it they can close the gap in scoring talent. Mj would be insane with less contact but i still wonder how much will the Warrirors win rotation be able to wear him down.Would the warrirors have to zone to deal with him? Or would they need to sell out completely on his catches like teams do for curry? If so can the bulls cast support him well enough with their opportunities? If they can at least space the floor somewhat then Mj is free to do as he wishes midrange, if not he could get "Kobe-esque" I think Toni actually improves as a player with these rules. Dennis would absolutely be a demon on the boards but I'm not sure Ron is the same defender without hand checking. Scottie's driving ability will be benefited greatly from no handchecking as well. The boost the Bulls offense will get from the freedom of movement rules will make them be a handful for the warriors defense. 3 guys that can get to the rim, one supreme isolation player and a better coach than Kerr.

I lean either way depending on era to be honest unless we're getting into some meta bs, because then the Bulls stand zero chance because the warriors have a mole....and their entire philosophy/playbook.:oldlol:

ImKobe
06-20-2019, 01:15 PM
thread already 10 pages long lol, Shaq annihilated Bran stans.

Phoenix
06-20-2019, 01:18 PM
Whoever is/was more dominant in their respective era is IMO the best way to discuss teams separated by 25 years. Older teams/players will forever get the short-end due to the 'advancements' argument and really, debating teams from two completely different eras of basketball ends up a pissing contest with no middle ground, each side calling the other stupid, and a waste of energies for all involved. 25 years from now, everyone in the starting lineup could be shooting as well as Curry and then what? The 2017 Warriors will then be obsolete, and on and on. Should it lesson their 'greatness'? I don't think so, they maximized what they were in the era they played. So did the Bulls. It's really an endless and ultimately pointless argument.

Personally I don't think the 96 Bulls are even the best version of that team. Yeah they had the best record, but they featured older versions of MJ/Pippen and the latter by the end had a ****ed back. MJ himself was on fumes in 98, extracting every ounce of 'greatness' to get that final ring . I would take the 92 or 93 Bulls over the 96-98 but that's just me. :confusedshrug:

sdot_thadon
06-20-2019, 01:18 PM
thread already 10 pages long lol, Shaq annihilated Bran stans.
Shaq also named Dr.J goat, so i guess he annihilated Mj stans and went nuclear on Kobe stans too huh?

TheCorporation
06-20-2019, 01:22 PM
Shaq also named Dr.J goat, so i guess he annihilated Mj stans and went nuclear on Kobe stans too huh?

Yikes

Showtime80'
06-20-2019, 01:23 PM
Nice breakdown sdot!

For me I'll always go with the defensively dominant team over the offensive one because that's a more reliable style of play specially in a 7 game series. In a one off game everything goes out the window.

At the end of the day, I just don't bet against MJ. The guy was a psychopathic competitor in a way the modern AAU buddy buddy millennial NBA just cannot comprehend or be able to deal with.

ImKobe
06-20-2019, 01:25 PM

Even Max was laughing at the Simon alt and he's a Lebron fan. :lol

sdot_thadon
06-20-2019, 02:06 PM
Even Max was laughing at the Simon alt and he's a Lebron fan. :lol
[QUOTE=Shaq]
O

sdot_thadon
06-20-2019, 02:20 PM
Nice breakdown sdot!

For me I'll always go with the defensively dominant team over the offensive one because that's a more reliable style of play specially in a 7 game series. In a one off game everything goes out the window.

At the end of the day, I just don't bet against MJ. The guy was a psychopathic competitor in a way the modern AAU buddy buddy millennial NBA just cannot comprehend or be able to deal with.
I get it. At the end of the day these debates are fun but guys really need to understand what level of talent we're discussing before they throw around this team will kill that team etc.

NBAGOAT
06-20-2019, 03:40 PM
It’s s shame 86 Celtics have dropped out of discussion. I like others do not like how they matchup vs gs. Don’t have a small ball lineup like bulls and only one strong perimeter defender in dj. Likely would be forced to go with mchale on Durant and idk about that and klays got a height edge on ainge. Granted Mchale is a super tough cover, gs will have to double a lot and/or play big.

86 Celtics are dominant for their era however 67 wins while coasting a little. Matchup vs 96 bulls is super interesting however.

3ball
06-20-2019, 04:03 PM
Didn't everyone say the 16' Warriors without KD would beat the Bulls?

But now that the KD-less Warriors lost to Kawhi/Lebron and are 8-10 in the Finals without KD (1-2 series record overall), we see it's a joke - the Bulls would obviously destroy the KD-less Warriors

So now those same people that were wrong about the 16' Warriors are saying the KD-Warriors would beat the Bulls???... :facepalm ... Sorry, you have no credibility.. :confusedshrug:

And here's an indication that the Bulls were a stronger team than the Durant-Warriors - the Bulls weren't tested (taken 7 games) until the 3rd leg of the 3-peat (98' ECF), while KD's much younger Warriors were tested on their 2nd leg (18' WCF), and broke down during the 3rd leg (19' playoffs).. They simply weren't as dominant or physically-capable as the Bulls.. :confusedshrug:

Also how did this thread go from MJ/lebron debate to KD-warriors vs Bulls?.. :facepalm

Getting back on topic - Lebron's Big 3's lost by record amount to Durant's Warrior, whereas we're pretty sure mj's Bulls from 90-98' wouldn't do that.. Heck, Jordan's 8-seed bulls in 86' didn't lose by that much to the 5 HOF Celtics, so I'm pretty sure his high seeds would outperform Lebron's too.. MJ was just better, so his teams outperformed lebron's regardless of cast or seeding and won 6 rings to lebron's 3

1987_Lakers
06-20-2019, 05:48 PM
It’s s shame 86 Celtics have dropped out of discussion. I like others do not like how they matchup vs gs. Don’t have a small ball lineup like bulls and only one strong perimeter defender in dj. Likely would be forced to go with mchale on Durant and idk about that and klays got a height edge on ainge. Granted Mchale is a super tough cover, gs will have to double a lot and/or play big.

86 Celtics are dominant for their era however 67 wins while coasting a little. Matchup vs 96 bulls is super interesting however.

I wouldn't say they dropped out of the discussion. Before the Warriors came along, the casuals had the '96 Bulls as the GOAT team, but the hardcore fans from what I observed on realgm and even ISH from 2009-2015 had the '86 Celtics #1.

Realgm back in 2009 I believe did GOAT team tournament, the '86 Celtics came out on top, defeating the '96 Bulls in the semifinals. You can find countless '86 Celtics vs '96 Bulls topics on ISH from that era and it seemed like most people favored the '86 Celtics as well.

But I agree that the '96 Bulls matchup better vs the Warriors than the Celtics did.

NBAGOAT
06-20-2019, 05:52 PM
I wouldn't say they dropped out of the discussion. Before the Warriors came along, the casuals had the '96 Bulls as the GOAT team, but the hardcore fans from what I observed on realgm and even ISH from 2011-2014 had the '86 Celtics #1.

Realgm back in 2009 I believe did GOAT team tournament, the '86 Celtics came out on top, defeating the '96 Bulls in the semifinals. You can find countless '86 Celtics vs '96 Bulls topics on ISH from that era and it seemed like most people favored the '86 Celtics as well.

But I agree that the '96 Bulls matchup better vs the Warriors than the Celtics did.

Well it

1987_Lakers
06-20-2019, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE=NBAGOAT]Well it

andgar923
06-21-2019, 07:48 AM
The funny thing is, the people who usually think the Bulls are better are the posters who have a rep of being a MJ stan like yourself or TheMan, or the posters who are still stuck in the 80's-90's like Showtime80'.

I already spilled out the Bulls weaknesses, they lack shooting, they don't have a low-post presence from their bigs, and they lack an offensive firepower to keep up with the Warriors. All the strengths you named for the Bulls like versatile players, role player who knew their role, free flowing offense, experienced and high IQ, those are the same strengths the Warriors have.

Saying the Warriors rely on 3's too often and their offense is average if the 3's are not falling....well that is a laughable statement. Why wouldn't you rely on 3's if you have two of the greatest shooters ever in Curry and Klay? And let's not forget they have one of the greatest mid-range players of all time in Kevin Durant, who can basically shoot over people from 20 feet and drop 30-35 on you on a consistent basis. Here is a little fact for you, the 2017 Warriors were #5 in the league in 2 point shots made and #1 in 2pt%. They obviously don't rely on the 3 point shot like the Rockets do and with Durant, they are lethal from 3 and 2.

One thing is for sure, the Bulls would be in total shock if they played the Warriors. The Bulls never played a team who shoots and makes as many 3's as the Warriors do, nor they have ever played a team who sets as many screens. The Warriors are a revolutionary team, while the Bulls are a generic outdated team who are easy to figure out.

Add this to one of the most idiotic posts ever posted.

Mr Feeny
06-21-2019, 08:38 AM

He started watching basketball around the time.that Shaq joined the lakers. He literally hasn't watched a second of the 90s Bulls. So you should understand why he's out of his depth.

He can compare the Warriors against any team SINCE Shaqs lakers because that's when he started watching. And he's right. That warriors team would sweep the 2000-2002 lakers, as would Lebron's Cavs of 2016.

1987_Lakers
06-21-2019, 11:32 AM

Oh, the classic "I don't know how to counter-argue this post so I'm just gonna call it idiotic".

sdot_thadon
06-21-2019, 12:50 PM
Oh, the classic "I don't know how to counter-argue this post so I'm just gonna call it idiotic".
He got triggered. It was a decent post until the last line about then being outdated. Instant anger from Mj fans.