PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo sports: Chris Paul DEMANDS a trade, Harden forces Rockets to pick btwn 2

Kidbasketball20
06-18-2019, 04:31 PM
LMAO FUCCK YOU HARDEN YOU LOSER

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-relationship-between-rockets-stars-james-harden-chris-paul-termed-unsalvageable-200951028.html

Smook A.
06-18-2019, 04:32 PM
Who the hell is gonna want CP3 and that ugly ass contract of his

DMAVS41
06-18-2019, 04:37 PM
Wow, then I guess they really will have to essentially dump him.

Ouch.

dazzer87
06-18-2019, 04:39 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

LAmbruh
06-18-2019, 04:40 PM
:roll: :roll:

@proctor

LoneyROY7
06-18-2019, 04:42 PM
Cliff Paul. :oldlol: :oldlol:

Can't even beat a center off the dribble and you out here trying to make demands.

HoopologyPhD
Isn't this typically done by players that are still relevant?

Doranku
The backcourt mates went nearly two months without speaking to each other during the season, sources said, creating a tenuous environment for teammates and everyone involved with the franchise.

:oldlol: Two losers right down to their core.

Kidbasketball20
06-18-2019, 04:43 PM

Guess you'll have to trade Harden then :confusedshrug:

SUCKS FOR YOU BITCH

Jeremy Lin has a ring before your sorry ass choker

sdot_thadon
06-18-2019, 04:43 PM
:cry:

bigkingsfan
06-18-2019, 04:44 PM
Analytics says he's untradeable.

dazzer87
06-18-2019, 04:44 PM
WCF force a game 7 = shitty ass contract for a career loser............. :lol

RealSkipBayless
06-18-2019, 04:45 PM
I get CP3 sees that Harden is a choking stat padder that will never win. A guy that relies on the refs to hold his hand for success. Absolute fraud that ices out teammates.

That being said... CP3 is 34 and declining.. you can

Doranku
06-18-2019, 04:46 PM
Honestly though. Why would ANY team trade for a 34 year old, injury-prone malcontent who is making 40 million a year? :oldlol:

Im so nba'd out
06-18-2019, 04:46 PM
idiots dont realize they basically have a cake wall to the Finals now....All this because Harden's stubborn ass wont space the floor right. Instead of sitting @ halfcourt so ppl can trap cp3, all he has to do is move up 5 feet.

Im very disappointed with these 2 right now.Cant believe im saying this but Harden really dont care about winning i finally see it.

Doranku
06-18-2019, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE=RealSkipBayless]I get CP3 sees that Harden is a choking stat padder that will never win. A guy that relies on the refs to hold his hand for success. Absolute fraud that ices out teammates.

That being said... CP3 is 34 and declining.. you can

bladefd
06-18-2019, 04:48 PM
Wow, then I guess they really will have to essentially dump him.

Ouch.

With no takers at $120m/3yrs for an injury-prone player in mid-30s :oldlol:

Morey screwed up big-time offering that contract. They are f*cked.

dazzer87
06-18-2019, 04:48 PM
Honestly though. Why would ANY team trade for a 34 year old, injury-prone malcontent who is making 40 million a year? :oldlol:
because they were this close to going to the finals.........remember........... "if only he wasnt hurt." :roll:

ArbitraryWater
06-18-2019, 04:49 PM
and they could run the West next yr if LAL doesnt make much else :lol

they're basically B2B CF's losing in 7/6 games respectively and the only team to take 2+ games off the KD-Warriors, doing it twice (although LeBron bar-ref intervention would have done so also).

Kblaze8855

I feel like at this point where league salaries are headed and the salary floor thing shouldn

RealSkipBayless
Harden was the one who said "him or me" to management after their playoff loss this year.
Ahhh. Him asserting his dominance on the team. I can respect that..

Spurs m8
hahahahahaha

Anyone with half a brain knew this was always going to be the outcome.

It is a pleasure to watch

DMAVS41
06-18-2019, 04:53 PM
With no takers at $120m/3yrs for an injury-prone player in mid-30s :oldlol:

Morey screwed up big-time offering that contract. They are f*cked.

Blaze had some good ideas...now really relevant.

I didn't think they'd ever do it under normal circumstances, but now with this...makes a lot of sense.

Smook A.
06-18-2019, 04:53 PM
Guess you'll have to trade Harden then :confusedshrug:

SUCKS FOR YOU BITCH

Jeremy Lin has a ring before your sorry ass choker
Im happy for Lin, but he rode the bench when he won the ring. You literally could've replaced him with a newborn baby and the Raptors still would've won the finals :oldlol:

sdot_thadon
06-18-2019, 05:01 PM
I'm sad about the situation, but at the same time intrigued on how the hell this can play out. I don't see any possibilities out there for a trade unless someone like the Knicks strikes out in free agency and makes a desperation move. Boston perhaps?

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-18-2019, 05:03 PM
I can only see a team maybe exchanging salaries for him?

Maybe Cleveland? Like KLove + Clarkson and Houston throws in a pick or something?

bladefd
06-18-2019, 05:03 PM
I feel like at this point where league salaries are headed and the salary floor thing shouldn’t have to be explained again so instead let me put it this way.....

Almost 30 players are set to make 27 ish million dollars next year. There is so much money to be had non all stars are opting out of 30 million like it’s nothing. Role players get 115-120 million dollars.

Wait till this digital rights money hits. You thought 2016 was bad. Good sixth men are going to make $120 million soon. There is too much money in a league with too few players to prevent it. Chris Paul’s contract will barely be worth talking about.

The nfl players about to throw another fit.

1) Too much of future tense usage.

2) I don't see some team willing to send out someone decent in return for CP3 to make trade compelling for Rockets while matching salary. Who would for someone as injuryprone as CP3? Suns? Twolves? Bulls? :confusedshrug:

oh the horror
06-18-2019, 05:08 PM
So basically they

Kblaze8855
06-18-2019, 05:08 PM
With the 2020 cap projections a regular long time vet max would start at about 42 million.

It would go 42-46-49-53 and so on. It will start at 4 million more than John Walls.

Chris Pauls 4 year 160 wont be shit to guys getting 4 years 190 and up from there. He kinda has that Conley deal that is insane when first reported then you look up and Paul Millsap made the same money this year and nobody even noticed. 12/7 for 30 million dollars and nobody had anything to say.

We slowly realize its a new world and the numbers are less shocking.

Chris Pauls contract wont be worth talking about soon.

LoneyROY7
06-18-2019, 05:10 PM
FUN FACT:

Chris Paul would still be a conference finals VIRGIN without James Harden.

:yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy:

Kblaze8855
06-18-2019, 05:10 PM
1) Too much of future tense usage.

2) I don't see some team willing to send out someone decent in return for CP3 to make trade compelling for Rockets while matching salary. Who would for someone as injuryprone as CP3? Suns? Twolves? Bulls? :confusedshrug:

Hes likely traded and bought out. Its not gonna have to be "compelling".

I suspect he ends up on the Lakers or Celtics somehow. They sure arent gonna trade for him.

ArbitraryWater
06-18-2019, 05:11 PM
FUN FACT:

you were a Clips fan before this, hang with ya boy :biggums:

it was CP3 who murked Utah in '18 and got them to the CF's...

and CP showed up most during this year's game 6.

Kblaze8855
FUN FACT:

Fun fact.

Losing in the conference finals isnt even close to winning anything.

Losing in the second vs third round is a standard held by fans who arent used to any success.

ArbitraryWater
how does a buyout work anyway?

why isnt it done all the time if you ignore taking on the salary?

LoneyROY7
06-18-2019, 05:13 PM
you were a Clips fan before this, hang with ya boy :biggums:

it was CP3 who murked Utah in '18 and got them to the CF's...

and CP showed up most during this year's game 6.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Game 5, KD goes down...ball in Chris Paul's hands the ENTIRE 4th quarter, dude finishes 3-14 and blows the Rockets best chance. Dude is a fraud and the fakest "leader" in the history of sports.

ArbitraryWater
Fun fact.

Losing in the conference finals isnt even close to winning anything.

Losing in the second vs third round is a standard held by fans who arent used to any success.

https://i.gyazo.com/d6c251c83b80ecb2a144037ededd07ce.png

stalkerforlife
Lemme guess...

NBA will send him to the Lakers.

NBAGOAT
06-18-2019, 05:14 PM

You’re paying their salary for years. Deng for example is still screwing the lakers cap room rn.

It might seriously be Wiggins for cp3 time. Helps that Minnesota’s new gm used to work for the rockets

ArbitraryWater
06-18-2019, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=NBAGOAT]You

DMAVS41
06-18-2019, 05:18 PM
by youre you mean houston would be paying the salary with paul on another team? :eek:

No, he gets traded and then the other team would enter some sort of buyout agreement.

This is tough because the contract is so massive with 3 years left that normal buyouts, waives, and stretches become very problematic.

I still don't really see that happening in the short term, but I guess it is possible.

bladefd
06-18-2019, 05:24 PM
Hes likely traded and bought out. Its not gonna have to be "compelling".

I suspect he ends up on the Lakers or Celtics somehow. They sure arent gonna trade for him.

$100m buyout? What? It would be biggest buyout in history..

LAmbruh
06-18-2019, 05:26 PM
Rockets buyout

Picked up by LeLakers on a CHEAP vet min :banana:

NBAGOAT
06-18-2019, 05:28 PM
No, he gets traded and then the other team would enter some sort of buyout agreement.

This is tough because the contract is so massive with 3 years left that normal buyouts, waives, and stretches become very problematic.

I still don't really see that happening in the short term, but I guess it is possible.

ah damn i was thinking of stretching someone. buying out with 3 yrs left on that money is pretty unprecedented however. I just dont see it

DMAVS41
06-18-2019, 05:29 PM
ah damn i was thinking of stretching someone. buying out with 3 yrs left on that money is pretty unprecedented however. I just dont see it

Anything is possible, but this would be unprecedented.

Paul is still a good player.

Kblaze8855
06-18-2019, 05:29 PM

Say hes traded to some doormat that just wants to rid itself of vets to tank...

If hes owed 160 they offer 150 for him to be free and go on waivers. If nobody claims him hes a free agent and can sign anywhere but with the team that let him go. His money still stays on your cap but isnt actually paid in full. You pay what the player agrees to for his freedom.

For a recent example.....

Wade got a buyout from the Bulls. He was owed 23 million...bulls paid him 15. He left the difference on the table.

His 23 counted against the cap....but it was just imaginary money. Only the 15 was actually paid to wade.

It creates a cap hold....not actual paid out salary. How much? Depends what hes willing to work with.

I imagine if a team like the Hornets trade for him to dump other bad deals and vets and tank.....hed give a LOT back just to not rot there for 3 years.

If im the hornets I might offer him 100 million. Whats he gonna do?

Come be a hornet? Nah. Hes gonna take what I offer.

oh the horror
06-18-2019, 05:30 PM
Rockets buyout

Picked up by LeLakers on a CHEAP vet min :banana:

I can

Proctor
06-18-2019, 05:31 PM

Death, taxes and the Rockets with Harden and/or CP0 being a joke.

Bye bye, passive aggressive and pudgy tree stump.

bladefd
06-18-2019, 05:31 PM

Stretch provision would get split over 5yrs.. So $24m of dead cap over 5yrs. He might take a discount on buyout but even $18m of dead cap space for 5yrs would be brutal to any organization.

Buyout over 3yrs.. Even more brutal lol

Shogon
06-18-2019, 05:33 PM
Welp, that

Kblaze8855
06-18-2019, 05:34 PM
And you dont always make it through waivers. A team can just claim you. If more than one try...the one with the worst record gets you. Thats how Bruce Bowen ended up on the Miami heat apparently(Just read a thing on it).

Be funny if the Suns claim him off waivers and he pouts his way through a season there.

Proctor
06-18-2019, 05:34 PM
[QUOTE=Shogon]Welp, that

bladefd
06-18-2019, 05:36 PM

If hes owed 160 they offer 150 for him to be free and go on waivers. If nobody claims him hes a free agent and can sign anywhere but with the team that let him go. His money still stays on your cap but isnt actually paid in full. You pay what the player agrees to for his freedom.

Wade got a buyout from the Bulls. He was owed 23 million...bulls paid him 15. He left the difference on the table.

His 23 counted against the cap....but it was just imaginary money. Only the 15 was actually paid to wade.

It creates a cap hold....not actual paid out salary. How much? Depends what hes willing to work with.

I imagine if a team like the Hornets trade for him to dump other bad deals and vets and tank.....hed give a LOT back just to not rot there for 3 years.

Even if CP3 agrees to take half of what he is owed, why would any team take on $20m of dead cap space for 3yrs?

DMAVS41
06-18-2019, 05:37 PM
Stretch provision would get split over 5yrs.. So $24m of dead cap over 5yrs. He might take a discount on buyout but even $18m of dead cap space for 5yrs would be brutal to any organization.

Yea, like I said, I don't see any of this happening for a player that is still good and has 120 million guaranteed over 3 years.

But it is possible if a team just wants to get rid of a bunch of bad salary if Paul takes a huge discount, but I just don't see why he would.

Meticode
06-18-2019, 05:39 PM
It'll be interesting to see if any teams bite on this. Chris Paul in the 2019-20 season is going to make $38.5 million dollars. Then in 2020-21 $41.3 million with a player option the year after that.

Literally liek $40 million dollars for 16/5/8 on 42% shooting. JFC

ArbitraryWater
06-18-2019, 05:40 PM

okay, but what do you mean count against the cap?

from which team? sorry

sdot_thadon
06-18-2019, 05:41 PM
Still having a hard time processing the fact this is even happening. I knew this contract size would come back to bite them in the ass.

Kblaze8855
06-18-2019, 05:48 PM
Even if CP3 agrees to take half of what he is owed, why would any team take on $20m of dead cap space for 3yrs?

Let me use real world examples....

Batum + Cody Zeller make over 40 million combined the next few years.

Kemba walks.

You are rebuilding....meaning tanking.

In which scenario are you more likely to lose maximum games?

Having Batum and Zeller as vets not in your plans taking minutes from people you need to evaluate and possibly even winning you a game or two.....or paying less money to Paul with an equal cap hit to clear your roster and "Trust the process"?

This is fake money. Teams will have to literally throw millions at role players to hit a 100 million salary floor. ITs 90% of the cap...which will be about 119 million.

What does a lottery team that is going youth movement do when 40 million under the FLOOR and 60 million under the cap?

Throw it at al Horford?

No. THey gather picks and youth and try to lose.

That money is spent anyway. The salary floor forces them to pay it to their existing players as a bonus check end of the season.

Philly had to do it during the process. Mavs and Bulls were close. Its gonna be more common with this cap jump.

Shogon
06-18-2019, 05:50 PM
Chris Paul is denying the story... ffffuuuuucccckkkk. Oh well at least we get to see them get bounced another year.

Kblaze8855
06-18-2019, 05:50 PM
okay, but what do you mean count against the cap?

from which team? sorry

The team that trades for him. If hes traded to the Mavs....they buy him out for 90 million...his full 160 counts against their cap for the duration of the deal. But in reality...Cuban pays him 22.5 a year and not 38-40.

The money stays on your cap. But it doesnt come out of anyones pocket.

Shogon
06-18-2019, 05:54 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/jjqqWSD7/7-D51-D310-FC8-F-492-F-B868-AF60324686-F2.jpg

:(

DMAVS41
06-18-2019, 05:55 PM
The team that trades for him. If hes traded to the Mavs....they buy him out for 90 million...his full 160 counts against their cap for the duration of the deal. But in reality...Cuban pays him 22.5 a year and not 38-40.

The money stays on your cap. But it doesnt come out of anyones pocket.

Eating that much cap with no flexibility for 3 or 4 years is pretty brutal...in some cases it would work, but in many it wouldn't.

The Hornets example is one that would work imo.

Smook A.
06-18-2019, 05:55 PM
CP3 just commented under B/R's IG post of him demanding a trade saying "Damn! That's news to me..."

Can't always trust the media, sometimes they blow things out of proportion. I still want the Rockets to trade CP3 though :lol

sdot_thadon
06-18-2019, 06:29 PM
CP3 just commented under B/R's IG post of him demanding a trade saying "Damn! That's news to me..."

Can't always trust the media, sometimes they blow things out of proportion. I still want the Rockets to trade CP3 though :lol
Well so much for that. :coleman:

eliteballer
06-18-2019, 08:04 PM
Crazy. Celtics should consider dealing Hayward with Kyrie leaving.

Kidbasketball20
06-18-2019, 09:44 PM

You are delusional.

Harden no doubt still wants CP3 but there is no market.

The article also indicated that CP3 has been reaching out to Harden (multiple times) to no avail. Which makes sense given his latest comment.

Rockets gonna be a shit show next year so good luck :applause: