PDA

View Full Version : Reports about CP3 wanting to get traded are FAKE...

Smook A.
06-18-2019, 06:04 PM
Jonathan Feigen
‏@Jonathan_Feigen

A thoroughly exasperated Daryl Morey said Chris Paul and his reps have never asked to trade him and he will be on Rockets next season. Said he and Harden do not have issues with one another and that he has spoken to both often this off-season about free agency evaluations, plans.

https://i.ibb.co/0G1P8rg/Sx8DFya.png

The guy who reported that CP3 is demanding a trade is full of shit and needs to get fired.

ArbitraryWater
06-18-2019, 06:07 PM
Oops!

How do you report that shit lmao

Kblaze8855
06-18-2019, 06:08 PM
I dont know. The history of guys saying "Thats not true! Its all good!" and it turning out to not be all good...and somewhat true?

It doesnt make me leap to take sides. As Barkley once put it "Its all good...till the book comes out".

Uncle Drew
06-18-2019, 06:10 PM
How can you say it's fake with such certainty? It's interpretation. Demanding a trade could be not true, wanting to be traded can still be true and isn't automatically off the books.

Smook A.
06-18-2019, 06:19 PM
How can you say it's fake with such certainty? It's interpretation. Demanding a trade could be not true, wanting to be traded can still be true and isn't automatically off the books.
https://i.ibb.co/qgSPF3V/2019-06-18.jpg

RealSkipBayless
06-18-2019, 06:27 PM
Damage control.

They might have to give up even more to move that contract if the narrative changes from "shopping the entire roster" to "CP3 demands trade".

BigKobeFan
06-18-2019, 06:28 PM
obvious damage control...if its fake, he wouldn't have replied.

ArbitraryWater
06-18-2019, 06:31 PM
how is this damage control?

if its fake he wouldnt have replied? lmao right, because you assumed it was fake BEFORE he replied, right?

why would morey lie about this

https://i.ibb.co/qgSPF3V/2019-06-18.jpg

1987_Lakers
06-18-2019, 06:33 PM
I wouldn't trust anything Morey says, he is the same guy who said the Rockets were not looking to release Carmelo after rumors came out that Houston didn't want him, a few days later Carmelo was gone. It's weird how the media gave him a pass on that.

Spurs m8
06-18-2019, 06:33 PM
Who would trust that weasel CP0?

Kblaze8855
06-18-2019, 06:39 PM
I wouldn't trust anything Morey says, he is the same guy who said the Rockets were not looking to release Carmelo after rumors came out that Houston didn't want him, a few days later Carmelo was gone. It's weird how the media gave him a pass on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyZQO89NxJw

Off the team 4 days later.

Smook A.
06-18-2019, 06:40 PM
That was different. This one is totally believable though. The tweet says he has talked to both of them several times after the season ended, and neither of them have issues with each other. Media is just blowing this out of proportion

The guy who made the report in the first place, Vincent Goodwill, tweeted that he hoped Harden broke something during the playoffs. The guy is a ****ing clown

1987_Lakers
07-12-2019, 12:10 AM

Again, Morey is a liar.

Smoke117
07-12-2019, 12:29 AM
Again, Morey is a liar.

Paul would have never been traded if not for the George trade to Clippers and Westbrook asking out. If none of that had gone down he'd definitely still have been a Rocket when this season started. This trade is the result of circumstance.

DMAVS41
07-12-2019, 12:31 AM
Paul would have never been traded if not for the George trade to Clippers and Westbrook asking out. If none of that had gone down he'd definitely still have been a Rocket when this season started. This trade is the result of circumstance.

Maybe, but that doesn't mean he and Harden want to play together either.

The circumstance part just led to one bad contract being for another...and one of them wouldn't have been available if not for the PG trade...I agree with that.

But, come on...clearly the reports about Paul/Harden not getting along and Paul wanting out had some accuracy to them.

Smoke117
07-12-2019, 12:34 AM
Maybe, but that doesn't mean he and Harden want to play together either.

The circumstance part just led to one bad contract being for another...and one of them wouldn't have been available if not for the PG trade...I agree with that.

But, come on...clearly the reports about Paul/Harden not getting along and Paul wanting out had some accuracy to them.

That's all well and good, but doesn't happen if not for Russell's equally (or worse) contract being available for trade. There was no possible way a trade was happening regardless if they hated each others guts as no one, realistically, had a way to take on Paul's contract and still come out well. I'd rather have Paul's contract than Westbrook's, frankly. Russell is getting paid the supermax for four more seasons when he is clearly on the slide athletically and his ENTIRE GAME is built around his athleticism . The trek on those tires and injuries have just built up. For all this talk of Paul falling off this season I'd rather have what he gave the Rockets than what Westbrook gave the Thunder. At least Paul doesn't go out of his way to chuck you out of the playoffs. (then again, he had a guy named James Harden to do that...so this should be interesting. Who can chuck the Rockets out of the playoffs in 2020 quicker? Westbrook or Harden.

NastaMaverick
07-12-2019, 12:43 AM
I dont know. The history of guys saying "Thats not true! Its all good!" and it turning out to not be all good...and somewhat true?

It doesnt make me leap to take sides. As Barkley once put it "Its all good...till the book comes out".

In your head is the Spidey avatar iconic? Cause it is for me. I miss ur videos my guy

FireDavidKahn
07-12-2019, 07:45 AM
https://twitter.com/knicks_tape99/status/1149480549859262466?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1149480549859262466&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwi tter.min.html%231149480549859262466

Wally450
07-12-2019, 09:29 AM
Reading this after the trade I thought he was talking about being traded from OKC. :lol

Stephonit
07-12-2019, 12:29 PM
The trade shows there was truth to the rumor. If Harden liked CP3 and wanted him to stay Harden could have nixed this deal and Morey wouldn't be looking at Westbrook that seriously.

stalkerforlife
07-12-2019, 06:28 PM
Lol.

Kidbasketball20
07-12-2019, 07:50 PM
Smook A is probably the biggest moron and little loser on this board. No surprise he's wrong AGAIN.