PDA

View Full Version : Several odd things before I go to bed at 8 like your grandma

Kblaze8855
06-18-2019, 08:10 PM
*I have to be up at 2:30*

Its draft/trade/free agency season....and the NBA if full of crazy shit nobody talks about because it really doesnt matter beyond a little laugh here and there. Here is some of it.....and something unrelated.

The Nets one year were in need of cash to cover its summer league expenses....so..they drafted Kyle Korver and sold him to the 76ers for cash to help pay for it...and to buy office equipment. A copy machine to be specific.

Kyle Korver was traded for summer league fees and a copy machine.

He recently reported that the copy machine quit working for the Nets....but hes still going.

An owner once drafted his son the very day of his birth but the commissioner wouldnt allow it. IT was back when there were a gang of rounds so people might not know who your 8th pick was. Lot of guys nobody had heard of. But they asked who it was and he told the truth. It was his newborn. League would not let him sign him though. Commish ruled him ineligible in retrospect.

Jordan was not the best athlete drafted in 84. Not even the best drafted by the Bulls. The Bulls drafted Carl Lewis with a late rounder because he was the best athlete they could think of.

The late round picks were jokes for many years as you can tell......

The 76ers drafted a 50 year old doctor named Norman Horvitz in 1983 because he was the owners friend. The NBA also disallowed that once they figured out who he was.

Little later Kareem was old but still draftable....in an expansion draft. THe Lakers didnt wanna use a spot to protect them but Jerry West got ahead of it and traded second rounders to the Hornets and Heat for their word they wouldnt take him just for promotional reasons. When they had expansion drafts all the time(80s had them for the Mavs, Magic, Heat, Hornets, and Timberwolves) you had to find a way to protect guys you otherwise couldnt.

One year Dallas must have feared they were risking too much whiteness because they traded a ****ing first round pick to the Heat for the promise they wouldnt take Uwe Blab, Bill Wennington, or Steve Alford. The pick they gave up ended up being one pick after Rod Strickland. Heat only got Kevin Edwards.

Now for the unrelated one. Someone who posted or at least read these forums a decade ago may owe me money.

The long time posters may remember my penchant for coming up with totally absurd hypothetical questions for posters here and on my other board back in the day. The most expansive one was a truly keyboard wrecking story you mostly wouldnt understand because all the posters in question...while ISH vets....dont post anymore. Gobb, Johnnysic, and a couple others might know them but...not enough to matter. Anyway the premise was....

There was a poster meetup after which there was an unexplained blackout....well ill give you some pieces of it copy/pasted from the OP from 2009:

They are meeting up in Austin and gonna drive up to Dallas for the World Cup Finals(hypothetical world...the WC is being hosted by the mega stadium in dallas). All of them meet up at Suns place and decide to have a 4679 exclusive tailgating cookout at the game tomorrow. Everyone goes to HEB shopping for a few supplies for the cookout Ingle is funding. And..........

They all black out. Just pass out in the meat department of HEB. wake up with people all over them trying to wake them up and see if they are ok. They all get up fine as if nothing happened. Only having been out for like 45 seconds. Everyone shakes it off but agrees to wait for the ambulance to check them out. It arrives. They find nothing wrong. You feel 100% fine. They want to take you all to the hospital just to be safe but you turn them down since you need to sleep before the mini road trip in the morning. You are confused and concerned...but not enough to just not go to the game.

Anyway thousands of words later....

You end up riding in silence until you get back to Austin where suns tries to turn to an Austin station...and...nothing. No rap is on. Its not that big a deal but its just..odd. Suns gets back to his room and checks online to see where the station went. The station has no site...and hes sure it used to. Again...odd.

Suns goes to google to try to figure out why U2 performed at halftime when there was all this talk of Kanye and Taylor Swift performing together. He finds Taylor just fine but...no Kanye. No references to him at all. Google doesnt even know the word Kanye. Now this is just getting crazy....

You cant find reference the Roc either. Nothing dealing with Kanye. Jay Z returns no results. After calling a friend or two who dont know what the **** you are talking about...you all discuss it and see what is going on....

Somehow....the world you are in....has no rap.

You cant find evidence of anyone who raps ever having existed unless its someone who did something else to get famous before rapping. For example...Chris Brown exists...but he has no songs rapping. Usher exists...but he has no rapping verse on "My way". Shaq exists...but he never put out albums. The people who rapped exist....they just arent rappers. The only ones on earth who remember rap...are Suns, MJ, Roodz, and Ingle....and they assume its related to the blackout. You all assume you passed out and somehow woke up in this world. After a couple days of "W..t...f" discussion on the issue and having posted some songs on the lounge(from the MP3 players) trying to confirm that rap doesnt exist I give you this idea....

If you have access to thousands of great songs of a kind of music the world somehow forgot about...why not remake them yourselves and try to rebuild it? Get paid in the process. Why just release all the songs when you could recreate them and be famous?

Long story short(it was 64 thousand words spread over several months of my ignoring and then getting back to it....).....

I fleshed out how they built themselves into stars by rebuilding hip hop from scratch by stealing songs they remembered.

And what do I see a commercial for 10 years later?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD6FDkUXSZQ

[QUOTE]Jack Malik is a struggling singer-songwriter from Clacton-On-Sea whose dreams of fame are rapidly fading, despite the fierce devotion and support of his childhood best friend, Ellie. Then, after a freak bus accident during a mysterious global blackout, Jack wakes up to find nobody else on Earth remembers The Beatles.

With the assistance of his steel-hearted American agent, Debra, Jack rises to global fame by performing songs by the band. However, as his star rises, he risks losing Ellie

Kblaze8855
06-18-2019, 08:11 PM
All that having been said.....

Since 2 things in this post were stolen from an article on weird draft stuff im willing to admit that it happens and reduce my rage to a low simmer.

A few of you should go ahead and get a couple too long did not read images ready to post and ill look them over in the morning.

Shogon
06-18-2019, 08:16 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/2d98nRiVVB6HS/giphy.gif

Shogon
06-18-2019, 08:17 PM
http://lakergifs.com/wp-content/uploads/KuzmaTDLRTW.gif

Kblaze8855
06-18-2019, 08:19 PM
You gotta change that avatar. I was about to tell you Elite found a much better image than you. That picard one is a fresh take on a very stale concept and I enjoy having it in my life.

Patrick Chewing
06-18-2019, 08:28 PM
OP is an odd fellow.

Kblaze8855
06-18-2019, 08:45 PM
No doubt everyone agrees with that. The story I referenced there? I wrote it while involved with a woman from my other board/a little ISH and she was annoyed I spent so much time on it.

Not like I sat down all at once and wrote 60 thousands words. I sat down for like an hour....4-5 times...over the course of months and months. But she was still juuuuuuuuust shy of disgusted.

She posted this in the topic in question because she felt I was wasting my time:

How bout..read a book? or volunteer @ an old folks home//rehab//community center...or drive to austin?

i could go on..

but this.. this . is . __________________________________________________ ________.

So rest assured....people who know me personally are also concerned. That was right before she moved to live with me and let me know in advance id be posting less when she got here.