PDA

View Full Version : Who you taking? Kawhi on a 5yr Max deal or Zion on a 5yr Rookie contract

Hey Yo
06-19-2019, 12:01 PM
If you were the Pelicans and had to make a choice, who would you take?

Kawhi turns 29 at the end of the month. Not a guy you can count on to be the spokesman of your team and could have lingering injury issues. But is a proven superstar.

Zion is a guy who's not afraid to talk and no problem showing emotions on the court. He was basically must see TV at Duke and could carry that over for years to come but still has to prove he belongs in the league.

HoopologyPhD
06-19-2019, 12:03 PM
Kawhi

LAVAR BALL
06-19-2019, 12:03 PM
So a perennial All Star vs a guy who didn't play one minute in the league?

All i got to say is: Andrew Wiggins

Hey Yo
06-19-2019, 12:05 PM
So a perennial All Star vs a guy who didn't play one minute in the league?

All i got to say is: Andrew Wiggins
But you're shelling out 200+mil for Kawhi compared to a rookie contract.

3ball
06-19-2019, 12:06 PM
Zion isn't good offensively

Kawhi

raprap
06-19-2019, 12:16 PM
Kawhi lol

FireDavidKahn
06-19-2019, 12:24 PM
Zion isn't good offensively

Kawhi
You didn't watch Zion.

Bookmarked.

DukeDelonte13
06-19-2019, 12:35 PM
Basketball reasons Kawhi.

The cheaper and more fun option is def. Zion though.

BigKobeFan
06-19-2019, 12:37 PM
Thats why OP is handicap...

every team will pick a proven YOUNG player verse a prospect

dirkdiggler41
06-19-2019, 01:00 PM
The Pelicans are not ready to compete in the playoffs, even with Kawhi, so I would take Zion and try to build a team. You know you are going to lose a lot of games in the west, so you will get some good picks for a couple of years.

TheMan
06-19-2019, 01:08 PM
Retarded question :oldlol:

Kawhi

bigkingsfan
06-19-2019, 01:12 PM
The Pelicans are not ready to compete in the playoffs, even with Kawhi, so I would take Zion and try to build a team. You know you are going to lose a lot of games in the west, so you will get some good picks for a couple of years.
This, Pelicans might think he's the next Lebron and worth the gamble.

dbugz
06-19-2019, 01:14 PM
dumbest thread of the offseason so far

:roll: :roll: :roll:

sdot_thadon
06-19-2019, 01:16 PM
Kawhi easy. Known commodity vs unknown.

Marchesk
06-19-2019, 01:25 PM
This, Pelicans might think he's the next Lebron and worth the gamble.

What if he's the next AD?

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 01:27 PM
This thread:lol

bigkingsfan
06-19-2019, 01:28 PM
Kawhi easy. Known commodity vs unknown.
Zion is about to get a 100 million shoe contract before ever playing a game, his appeal is beyond basketball. Kawhi isn't putting ass in seats.

What if he's the next AD?
So be it, you act like Kawhi/AD is far off.

tenzan
06-19-2019, 03:04 PM
If you were the Pelicans and had to make a choice, who would you take?

Kawhi turns 29 at the end of the month. Not a guy you can count on to be the spokesman of your team and could have lingering injury issues. But is a proven superstar.

Zion is a guy who's not afraid to talk and no problem showing emotions on the court. He was basically must see TV at Duke and could carry that over for years to come but still has to prove he belongs in the league.

How can he turn 29 at the end of this month when he is 27?

r0drig0lac
06-19-2019, 03:26 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/biggums.png

keep-itreal
06-19-2019, 03:37 PM
Do I pick a rookie who hasn't even played a game in the NBA or a guy who just won a championship and a FMVP?
:oldlol:

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 04:08 PM
Zion is about to get a 100 million shoe contract before ever playing a game, his appeal is beyond basketball. Kawhi isn't putting ass in seats.

So be it, you act like Kawhi/AD is far off.

Kawhi is considered by many the best player in basketball. Zion...sells shoes. Is this really what we are arguing?

bigkingsfan
06-19-2019, 04:25 PM
Kawhi is considered by many the best player in basketball. Zion...sells shoes. Is this really what we are arguing?
The question is which do the Pelicans take, which goes beyond basketball ability. I'm looking at their franchise at a whole. They're going to be on national TV a lot more, sell more merchandise, boost in ticket sales, larger TV contract. All of this needs to be in consideration.

Marchesk
06-19-2019, 04:41 PM
The question is which do the Pelicans take, which goes beyond basketball ability. I'm looking at their franchise at a whole. They're going to be on national TV a lot more, sell more merchandise, boost in ticket sales, larger TV contract. All of this needs to be in consideration.

Serious question, what makes Zion more hyped than AD was, beyond the initial couple months, particularly if the Pelicans aren't any better for his first few seasons?

NO isn't LA, Boston or NY. And Zion isn't Lebron. So unless the Pelicans are legitimately contending, I can't see why Zion will get any more talk than AD did, keeping in mind that kind of numbers AD has put up over his career.

Mr Feeny
06-19-2019, 04:46 PM

Yeah I see what you're saying but that's the Kobe post Achilles argument. If the team stinks, I'm not sure ticket sales and national TV revenue stays high. Having said that, I have no idea how good, mediocre, or bad Zion will be. But that's the point. It might well be another Wiggins situation. If it is, that merchandise isnt going to keep flying off the shelf.

bigkingsfan
06-19-2019, 04:57 PM
Serious question, what makes Zion more hyped than AD was, beyond the initial couple months, particularly if the Pelicans aren't any better for his first few seasons?

NO isn't LA, Boston or NY. And Zion isn't Lebron. So unless the Pelicans are legitimately contending, I can't see why Zion will get any more talk than AD did, keeping in mind that kind of numbers AD has put up over his career.
We don't know, that's what makes sports entertaining. For now, he's the hottest NBA name heading into next season.

They had the quiet superstar in AD and it didn't work out for them.

Overdrive
06-19-2019, 05:47 PM

Can you show me the empty seats during Toronto's run?

Draz
06-19-2019, 05:51 PM
Kawhi

bigkingsfan
06-19-2019, 06:41 PM
Can you show me the empty seats during Toronto's run?
Raptors were selling out with Derozan.

"Pelicans," not every team in the league. The Lakers/Raptors take Kawhi without thinking twice.